Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:33 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 202|200|150

Height: 5'4"

Joss - If you have your best results between 1200 & 1250, then that's where you land. If you check your BMR, it will give you a number to shoot for that best suits your body. My MIL doesn't lose unless she's at 1200. I usually have to aim for 1400-1450 & it drops. I'll drop my calories thinking it will help, only to be frustrated. This "coach" needs to go back to school. 1200 cal/day is the minimum amount of nutrition that our bodies need to function everyday. Below that, your body goes into starvation mode & you won't lose because it's holding on to all the nutrients. #moron

Olehcat - Sorry about the mouse in the house. We have a giant corn field behind our house which is beautiful & such an amazing view, especially with the Rocky Mntns to the left, BUT it also means we get mice year round. No cat either. It's just part of home ownership. No fun. At least your cats have an activity for the day! HA!

Bayzee - what kind of training are you doing?

I finally whooshed!! 134.7 today!! I have never seen 134 as an adult, so this is a huge a feat for me! I think I was 135 in jr jigh...? I ballooned up to 160 by my sr year, starved myself to get to 145 & then quit until I hit 190 2 years into college. So, all of this...is amazing! Doing it the healthy way, changing my mind about body image & I feel hotter than ever...AFTER a baby!

Stop if I posted this, BUT the whole family is going on a cruise next month & we had to have a cocktail dress for at least one night, so my MIL (we are very close) & I went shopping last week & found dresses. HUGE feat here: Forever 21 MEDIUM & it was on clearance for $15.99! Plus, I feel super hot in this dress & my husband said DA MN when I came out of our room to show him

MaddieBPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:25 AM   #32  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Maddie ~ You're working it, girl! Looking fantastic. What a great way to go on a cruise!!!

Olehcat ~ Ugh to weight being up BECAUSE Of a workout... Way to rock those workouts, though! And hurray for planning out your meals.

Joss ~ That was kind of your former coach to freeze those weeks, but do you think that you Would work with him again? And re:calories - it does look like 1200-1250 is a good losing range for you, but you've commented before that this is awfully low. Maybe more focus on macro-nutrients and less on calories? Your body could surprise you...

Turbo ~ Looks like you didn't do too badly on your weekend away! lol - you are the queen of super hydration. What kind of cookies did you make? And what did you end up doing for dinner?

Krampus ~ Fun weekend?

~~~
Ate late at night on Friday -- cutest grilled cheese sandwich EVER from a diner post-concert-- but didn't register much of a gain (or digestive issues, really. Interesting). Same on Saturday. THEN yesterday, I bought a loaf of Irish soda bread and ate pretty much the whole thing in one go. Why? You ask... JUST because. Was it the smartest plan in the world? Nope. Did I do it anyway? Yup.
*NOTE to self - heavy processed carbs PACK on the weight*

I added dairy back into my diet and can definitely tell that it causes some... problems... but I don't think I'm prepared to entirely do away with cheese (had a rockin brie on Saturday). It might also be the cause for some of the gain, too, but taken in stride. I think that just eating too much of anything is a bigger cause of "digestive trouble" than the dairy alone.

I did go for 5 mile runs on Saturday and Sunday and that felt FANTASTIC!!! Oh, exercise, how I missed you. It's definitely time to invest in a new pair of sneakers. Bleh. Another expense, but totally worth it.

New week, new start. Planning on a light day today, food-wise.

Fitness Goal for this week-

Nutrition Goal for the week -
Focus on protein and fresh veg/fruit.

This is not intuitive eating, this is just convincing my body that we are on the same team. Healthy really does taste better.

Last edited by Alexistrophic; 03-04-2013 at 11:26 AM.
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:34 AM   #33  

Alex - Give yourself a break. You have a fresh, new attitude heading into this week & that's the best thing to do. So you overloaded on carbs? BFD. You won't do it again & you'll be better because you saw what it did on the scale & you won't want to do it again...anytime too soon. I really wish I could run! Hated every second of it when I did it, but now I wish I had that burn in my chest from sucking in the freezing air
Old 03-04-2013, 11:37 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 185/139/120

Hi feathers,

I know I have a horrible habit of disappearing for a month or two at a time, and then coming back and posting minimally for a couple of weeks. But I decided today was a great day to post because today is exactly 1 year from when I finally buckled down and started losing weight. Mind you, I've wasted the past 6 months, and am still up 10 pounds from where I was back in September, but at least I'm not up the 50 lbs I was this time last year.

There are 5 weeks left of my little weight loss competition, and I plan to make the most of them. I've wasted the last 7 weeks, and pretty much just been regaining and re-losing water weight, but despite that, no one in the competition has been doing overly well, so if I really buckle down, I can at least get my money back (top 3 get a payout, right now I'm in 4th place). My weigh in this week totally sucked, because I ate like crap for 3 days prior to getting a gum graft, because I knew I'd be on a soft food diet for a little while, and felt the need to cram in all the stuff that would be hard for me to eat later. But none of that weight has dropped off post operation, so I think the antibiotics & pain killers have totally been messing with my weight. I've stopped taking the pain killers, because it hasn't been painful at all. My periodontist wanted me to take them at least for the first 3 days for the anti-inflammatory effects, but I stopped taking them yesterday. I'm not sure if they were causing the water retention, because I ate a bunch of crap again yesterday at a family function. I'm still on the antibiotics for a few more days and then I'm hoping to be able to judge where I'm at with my weight a little better.

Other than that, we did get a puppy a few weeks ago. He's been helping me wake up for my workouts at least, as I like to make sure he has as much time to play around before I leave for work. So I take him into the basement with me to play while I do my workouts. At least I DID, until this morning when he discovered the litter box, and I was too worried about him eating cat poop, and had to bring him back upstairs. Hopefully I can figure out a way to keep him away from that stuff so that he can continue to run around in the basement while I exercise. I am looking forward to when I can take him for walks, and get in a bit of extra exercise that way, but we need to wait until he is up to date on his vaccines before we can take him out in public. Truth be told, even then, he won't be much of a great exercise partner, because he is a giant breed and I need to be careful not to over exercise him, because it's not good for his fast growing frame. (He's a great dane).

Other than that, I'm hoping tonight to go to an info session for roller derby. I don't really enjoy my fitness regime that much, so I'm hoping to add something a bit more fun to it. I just do what I do out of convenience, since I do my workouts while my daughter is sleeping, I'm limited to what equipment I have in my basement (which isn't much). In any case, I still haven't talked to my husband about it, so it's going to depend on whether he thinks we can make it work with our daughter. I am anticipating most practices will be later in the evening so that it will be around her bedtime, and shouldn't interfere too much with family time, it's just more a matter of getting him to commit to being at home when I need him, since he tends to go out to socialize more than I do. I just found out about the info session today, so I haven't had a chance to talk to him about it yet.
JessicaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:07 PM   #35  

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddieBPhoto View Post
Joss - If you have your best results between 1200 & 1250, then that's where you land. If you check your BMR, it will give you a number to shoot for that best suits your body. My MIL doesn't lose unless she's at 1200. I usually have to aim for 1400-1450 & it drops. I'll drop my calories thinking it will help, only to be frustrated.
I'm really considering trying the IPOARM formula (you're on MFP right?) and that puts me at roughly 1500 calories per day.

I don't know if it will work because I have always been a 1200-ish kind of gal, and every program I have done with a trainer had me in that range as well...
One could argue that its worth a try but I really don't think I can handle gaining any more fat right now if it doesn't work.

EDIT: SUPER HAWT DRESS Maddie!! I love it!

Alex - Hard cheeses generally don't have quite the impact on your gut, so maybe a good parmesan every now and again won't hurt? Greek Yogurt is generally good on the tummy too... it's mostly milk products that will mess with ya.
At least you know what it is now, and there are about a bazillion dairy alternatives nowadays. I don't eat much dairy either, and opt for almond milk, coconut coffee creamer, lactaid cottage cheese, etc.

Definitely get some new shoes!

Jessica - Hey stranger! Glad to see you back again. I hope you can get up some momentum to help pull out at 3rd place (OR BETTER) finish with your program!

----------------------------------------------------------

Random stuff!

I got my Quest bars in the mail today, whoot! I got more of my favorites; apple pie, chocolate peanut butter, banana nut bread, and I got some of the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough! I'm really excited to try it, but it won't be until Thursday when I'm traveling.
I also got some of the Quest Cravings Peanut butter cups. I tried them before and didn't really like them, but evidently they reformulated them so I decided to try again.

Here's an odd tip; try mixing FF/SF jello pudding powder into hot oatmeal before cooking it, into cold cottage cheese (add a bit of water) or into smoothies. Amazing things happen ladies. Seriously.

I'm oddly excited about my meals for tomorrow.

Meal 1 is oatmeal with SF/FF Jello mix, egg whites and flax seed (trust me, its amazing) and coffee w/creamer
Meal 2 is cottage cheese and sweet potato with truvia and cinnamon and a vanilla protein shake
Meal 3 is a huge chicken caesar salad with crostini
Meal 4 is chicken, broccoli, salsa and avocado with fajita seasoning
Meal 5 is tilapia, zuchinni, asparagus and sauteed onion

YUM!

I have been a 6-meals a day girl for YEARS, but I find that I have been doing 5 slightly bigger meals lately and have been happier with that.

I'm watching "Hungry for Change" on youtube right now, and it's pretty interesting! If you have an hour and a half and haven't seen it, check it out. (I'm only 10 minutes into it so that is all I can vouch for. )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpaFNQM0_GY

Last edited by JossFit; 03-04-2013 at 06:14 PM.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:28 PM   #36  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

olehcat : Chasing a mouse!! We had a mouse in the cabin this weekend who came running by like 1' of our heads when we were falling. I thought it was some snow falling from the top of the cabin and the boyfriend was ''oh.. yeah.. sure.. it is some snow...'' but we found the little thing in our dished water bucket when we woke up. hope you'll get rid of the water weight soon! D*mn water weight!

Joss : Oh seriously, taking out calories of any food you'd want would be a TERRIFIC SUPER POWER TO HAVEEEEEEE!!

Concerning the wine, it was the first time I got some in WEEKS. And seriously, I did the little that if you don't want to have an hangover or something, have a glass of water between each wine, and it just went smoothly, I did not feel the need to dive in the bottle or something.. that was a major win (if only I something like that happened with the cookies :P). I really hope everything will go smoothly for you this weekend!

Okay, I really need to find those Quest Bars in Canada. I want to try them soooo bad LOL Your meal planning for tomorrow looks awesome! We're having tilapia for dinner too tomorrow! Don't know how I'm gonna prepare it yet though..

Maddie : Wrote it on the daily WI, but congrats on the 134s!! I love the dress!!!! Where are you heading off during your cruise?

Alexis : We end up getting spaghetti (YESSS), thank lord, the other 4 we're really not prepared for the ''carrying stuff through the wood'' part (really, an easy thing to carry is obviously a 12 bottles pack of beers). The cookies were chewey chocolat chip cookies and bear-paws molasse big cookies. good job on the runs! 2 back to back 5 miles runs, you rock! Concerning the shoes you need to get, if you have a Running Room near you,, they are giving away 10% discount coupon on their Facebook page right now

Jessica : I'm sure you can get back in the game of this weight loss competition! Oh I'm a sucker for baby animals ; what kind of puppy did you get?

Hi ladies! Weighed in at 140 this morning, which is only 1 pound up after two days of over eathing this weekend... OH YEAH. I was expecting so much woooooorst.

I'm happy about what I ate today. I had one of my red beans burger patties on an english muffin for lunch with a green salad and we had grilled cheese for dinner with a good cheese (I only had the minimal to cover my bread while the boyfriend was like ''OH YEAH OVERLOAD OF CHEESE'') and caramelized onion and mushroom with a salad and veggies. Super filling! I had maybe a little extra cookie that I could have skipped, but I forgot to eat my apple this afternoon... So I guess damages are minimal.

I also tackle my official first run on my half marathon training program and JESUS THAT WAS A CRAPPY RUUUUUN. It was supposed to be a fastest/tempo run but I started wayy to fast for someone who was barely running seriously for the past months. It was supposed to be 5k, but after 1.5 I hit a wall and I had to finish while taking little 20 seconds breaks and dashing a bit more when I was running to maintain my goal pace of 6 min/km or better. Wanting to call it quit after 3.5 km, I consider pushing through 5k a victory... I have another 5k tempo run planned for next week where I'll have to work on keeping a slower but more steady pace that won't need me to walk every now and then. I always was proud of being a consistant runner and not stopping for walk break, I don't want to become that. Oh and the weather was just crappy, there was some drizzling rain going on and the path was icy, I felt my feet go a little back at every stride I took. Really, serious crappity-crap.

... okay, rant over.

(oh but talking of crap, I only got rabbit poops today... d*mn you, stupid healthy eating, I eat like a rabbit, don't need to poo like one too!)

Last edited by TurboMammoth; 03-04-2013 at 08:38 PM.
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:28 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 155.2/150/149

Height: 5'2"

The cats were successful. They proudly led me to the mouse corpse when I got home.

Had a nice water weight whoosh. I drank tons of water today and ate very clean. Went from 149.2 yesterday to 146.8 today!

Okay, all. How do you stay in weight loss mode and go out and have a regular life? This is so frustrating to me. I mean, really it comes down to my night out on Friday causing the spike in weight over the weekend. I don't have a problem with keeping and making healthy food at home. It's going out that is a problem. I know I have a dinner I'm invited to this Saturday where the hostess said, "Bring your appetite" -- How do I navigate these things in weight loss mode? Do I become a hermit? Ha. I mean, seriously, those of you who are or were recently in weight loss mode, what do you do? Do you order just a salad every time you go out to a restaurant? Do you just not go out? Do you not except dinner invitations to other people's houses? This is just so hard to go between an extreme desire to get rid of this weight and my life of socializing with friends and enjoying good food and good wine! There has to be a reasonable balance somewhere!

@Jossfit - glad to see the scale went down again today! Oh, I wish I could dye my hair reddish, but it wouldn't look very good on me! The video has been removed -- what was it about? I am intrigued by the formula you mentioned and am going to google it.

@Maddie - great dress on you! So when you were/are in active weight loss mode, do you count calories for weight loss? What was your "magic" weight loss number for calorie counting? Just curious, I always ask people who are being successful. And yes, my cats had a BLAST yesterday!

@Alex - yep, just recently noticed that I definitely seem to put on weight after my Sunday workout which is the hardest (long training run + strength training). I guess it's just water retention in my muscles? Still, not very encouraging! And wow, you did those 5 mile runs two days in a row!! Go you!

@JessicaB - Puppy!!!! How cute! Let us know how the roller derby thing goes -- I've always been a little intrigued by that!

@Turbo - eeep, a mouse in your cabin drowned in a bucket! Ewww! You definitely needed my cats there! And I'm on week 5 of my half marathon training thingie, but I'm doing the ultra novice training, haha, even though I did run a half last year!

Last edited by olehcat; 03-05-2013 at 07:28 AM.
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:31 AM   #38  

Olehcat - That is a very nice whoosh indeed! I'm sure that felt really nice to see this morning. yeah, mine is down a tad again but really I just feel like a huge failure in general. I was down to 125.4 before my massive eat fest last Monday/Tuesday so until I get down below that number its still just a huge feeling of embarassment, disgust and disappointment every time I step on the scale.
I am not the one to give pointers on weight loss mode and a social life, because I don't have one! LOL I'm seriously so picky about my friends that when someone wrongs me in some way they are gone from my life forever. The people around here that I am friends with are a select few, and finding the time to see eachother is not easy! When I do see them, it's generally a movie or shopping and then we'll grab lunch or something. I will scout out the place ahead of time and make up my mind beforehand what I'll be having and plan it into my day. Panera Bread is a personal favorite because they have some decent options and it's casual enough for lunch without feeling fast-foodish.
Glad your kitties got the mouse!! Blech!
The video I posted was the documentary "Hungry for Change". That's weird that it was removed because I was watching it from that very link when I posted it on the forum here. In any case, I think you could probably just do a search for it. It's basically about our dependence on processed foods but not in a big scary "OMG we're all dying from this obesity epidemic!!" It was more like, hey, your body doesn't like this stuff... love yourself, eat more natural foods, feel better and look better. It gets into a bit of a rant about juicing after an hour but then it moves on. It's not trying to sell any specific products or anything like that, and there are some great testimonials.

Turbo - Do you have GNC or Vitamin Shoppe in Canada? I know they sell the Quest Bars there. If you order them from the website you can actually order individual bars, so that's pretty cool.

LOL, I know that's the most random superpower to have but I swear that's the one I'd choose! "Why yes, I would love some carrot cake... let me just remove those calories right quick..."

That is great that your weight is hardly up after the wine and cookies! I'm sorry to see that your run was disappointing, but you're a determined woman and I know you'll stick with it, push through the rough patches, and end up kicking booty come race day(s)!

I think with my tilapia tonight I'm just going to do a quick dry pan "fry" and either go with a simple mix of garlic and dill or lemon pepper to season it up. Simple works best for tilapia IMO, since it's such a delicate fish. Hugenormous pile of veggies on the side and I'll be good to go!

Jessica - I forgot to say congrats on the puppy! LOL keeping those suckers out of a litter box is not any easy feat!

You're considering doing Roller Derby? OMG that scares the crap out of me! I don't like the idea of getting hurt, and those women tend to beat the crap out of each other, not to mention just wear and tear from falling and such. That's intense! Let us know what you find out at the info session!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Decent cardio session today; 30 minutes of stair intervals, 15 minutes on the jacobs ladder, 16 (yes, 16) minutes on the elliptical and then a fairly difficult ab workout of cable crunches, machine crunches, lying leg lifts, weighted bench knee-ins and weighted trunk twists.

My neck feels tweaky today though, so I'm hoping my massage therapist friend can fit me in tomorrow afternoon or evening. I had to cancel on Sunday because I was at the salon getting my highlights/lowlights done, and I really need it! I'm leaving after a 1/2 day tomorrow (from work) anyway so hopefully she can get me in.

Weight was at 129 today. Meh.

Last edited by JossFit; 03-05-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:13 AM   #39  
Do you even lift, bro?

S/C/G: 125/109/110

Height: 5'3''

Check in time...

111 today. Ragging so badly! I don't usually get PMS but this month I'm super bloated. I've been hanging with friends, tea, movies, gym dates, girl's night out. Haven't had any sugar or junk for a solid week. I just haven't had the craving for it (probably because I'm above 110 right now). Been doing spin and weights, as usual.

My state is in the middle of another snow storm today. I'm waiting spring so I can run and bike outside again. I'm craving a switch up in my workouts...

Hope everyone had a good week last week.

Last edited by Aidanqm; 03-05-2013 at 09:13 AM.
Aidanqm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:37 AM   #40  

S/C/G: Lose body fat

Height: 5' 3"

114.0 again today...WTH? I have been more than perfect since Sunday and I was hoping for a little whoosh to lift my spirits!!

MaddieB...
I am doing a body recomposition. I am trying to lose body fat so I am eating in a calorie deficit, but I am trying not to lose any of the little muscle I have in the mean time. I am doing a weight lifting program and very little cardio...if any.
I might brave a pic one of these days But I am not a twig...more skinny fat. I am a typical apple shape, small arms, skinny legs and my fat hangs out in my belly. Unfortunately I do not have enough muscle to support the look I want, so the more weight I lose, the flabbier I feel.
The good news is I have seen more results in my body shape in the past 4 weeks compared to last 5 years! I love bootcamps and pilates but I wish someone would have told me about the real benefits of weight lifting much sooner. My advice to anyone trying to lose fat is to lift heavy weights!

Aiden...111 is still amazing,. Maintaining that weight at our size is hard to do. I know what you mean about the snow...I am dying for some sun

Olecat...I hate mice! I would get a cat if I had mice in the house. lol!

Turbo...I am dying to try the Quest bars too. Let me know if you find them in Canada.

Joss....I think a whoosh is coming your way! It has to
Bayzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:39 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 185/139/120

Joss I like your idea of a superpower. I always thought teleportation would be the best super power to have, so I could see the world really easily. But that one is really tempting too!

I remember you talking about mixing SF pudding into things before and I've wanted to try it. But I never seem to be able to find SF pudding mix in the stores. I don't know if it's just not available in Canada or what, but I can find SF Jello, and I can find SF pudding cups, but not SF pudding mix.

The roller derby info session went okay. My main concern is really the time commitment and if I can fit it in along with being a mom, because once I really get into it, I'd probably be practicing at least 3 times a week for 2 hours at a time. But I think the practices are often later at night, so might align okay with when my daughter is sleeping. I talked to my husband about it though, and he basically said I could do it if I find a babysitter, because his job is such that he never knows when he'll be finishing work, and could potentially be gone overnight occasionally (he's a truck driver). At the very least though, the training sessions are 2 hours once a week on Sundays, so we should be able to make that work. I think I'll go ahead with the training, because it's 10 weeks for $100, which is pretty reasonable, and should be fun. The main cost will be buying all the helmet, knee & elbow pads, wrist guards, and a mouth guard though. That will really add up. I already have roller skates from about 7 years ago, when I almost started doing roller derby around the time they were starting a league in Toronto. I think I only went to one or 2 practices though, because then I decided to move back to the city where I grew up, and it was just too far to go. Now all the smaller cities seem to have roller derby leagues set up, and since my daughter is a bit more independent now, I'd really like to give it a go. Truth be told, I am a bit nervous about the injuries, but I don't feel like that's enough of a reason to stop me at this point. I actually did fracture my wrist roller skating 7 years ago though, so it does make me nervous, but I wasn't wearing a wrist guard or anything, and didn't know anything about how to fall properly.

Turbo Our puppy is a Great Dane, so he will be huge. Here's a picture of him and my daughter shortly after we first got him. He's probably at least doubled in size since then.

I'm sure you'll get back in the swing of things with the running soon, and do great with your half marathon. The idea of a half marathon seems so intimidating to me, so I definitely admire you for that!

olehcat Glad to hear the cats got the mouse. I wrote a bit to Joss about the roller derby stuff, so you can see above. As for having a social life in weight loss mode, I never really figured that one out. I've never been really social to begin with, but we usually have at least one family event a month that ends up being a major food temptation for me. I've just learned to accept that on those days I'm not going to eat according to plan, and I don't fight it anymore. In the beginning, I was much better with my will power, so in the early stages of weight loss, I did abstain from poor food choices at family events, but since being a feather, I just allow myself to enjoy it, and it takes a bit of stress off of myself dreading how to deal with it. It may not be the best advice though, because I haven't ever made it to my goal. But truth be told, that's not from the 1 or 2 events that happen per month, but poor eating choices outside of that.

aidan I'm definitely anxious for spring to come along as well, I think we all would like to be able to get some outdoor activities into our schedule.

Bayzee Glad to hear that the heavy lifting is starting to show some good results for you already.

Last edited by JessicaB; 03-05-2013 at 09:41 AM.
JessicaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:01 AM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayzee View Post
Joss....I think a whoosh is coming your way! It has to
LOL, there is no whoosh coming my way... it's not water weight, it's my own fault for eating like 10,000 extra calories last Monday and Tuesday.

Aiden - Stale workouts are no fun at all! I have to switch things up all the time too or I get bored... with the exception of the program I was just doing for the last 6 weeks, I never do the same workout twice!

Last edited by JossFit; 03-05-2013 at 10:08 AM.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:07 AM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaB View Post
Joss I like your idea of a superpower. I always thought teleportation would be the best super power to have, so I could see the world really easily. But that one is really tempting too!
Teleportation would be my second choice, no question about it (and yes, I've thought of that too!) I would LOVE to just see my husband whenever, or be able to go 'deploy' overseas for the day and then teleport home! Ah, and think how much I would save on plane tickets, cab rides, gas... that would be amazing!

Quote:
I remember you talking about mixing SF pudding into things before and I've wanted to try it. But I never seem to be able to find SF pudding mix in the stores. I don't know if it's just not available in Canada or what, but I can find SF Jello, and I can find SF pudding cups, but not SF pudding mix.
I ALWAYS forget some of you ladies are in Canada! I bet even using one of those 60 calorie SF pudding cups would be perfect. Just use 1/2 and save 1/2 for the next day.

Quote:
The roller derby info session went okay. My main concern is really the time commitment and if I can fit it in along with being a mom, because once I really get into it, I'd probably be practicing at least 3 times a week for 2 hours at a time. But I think the practices are often later at night, so might align okay with when my daughter is sleeping. I talked to my husband about it though, and he basically said I could do it if I find a babysitter, because his job is such that he never knows when he'll be finishing work, and could potentially be gone overnight occasionally (he's a truck driver). At the very least though, the training sessions are 2 hours once a week on Sundays, so we should be able to make that work. I think I'll go ahead with the training, because it's 10 weeks for $100, which is pretty reasonable, and should be fun. The main cost will be buying all the helmet, knee & elbow pads, wrist guards, and a mouth guard though. That will really add up. I already have roller skates from about 7 years ago, when I almost started doing roller derby around the time they were starting a league in Toronto. I think I only went to one or 2 practices though, because then I decided to move back to the city where I grew up, and it was just too far to go. Now all the smaller cities seem to have roller derby leagues set up, and since my daughter is a bit more independent now, I'd really like to give it a go. Truth be told, I am a bit nervous about the injuries, but I don't feel like that's enough of a reason to stop me at this point. I actually did fracture my wrist roller skating 7 years ago though, so it does make me nervous, but I wasn't wearing a wrist guard or anything, and didn't know anything about how to fall properly.
It sounds like starting out with the training sessions is the way to go, and you can take it from there as your schedule allows. I don't imagine the gear would be TOO terribly expensive, save for maybe new skates? I view those things as an investment in your health so it's usually worth it to me, but even then you don't have to buy it new. Is there a second-hand sports store anywhere in your area?
Old 03-05-2013, 10:12 AM   #44  

Turbo - at least you did it! It wasn't your personal best, but you aren't supposed to be amazing right out of the gate. Just get back on that horse girl.
As for the rabbits turds...I have had the same issues since I got pregnant with my daughter 2 1/2 years ago. It'll get so bad that I have to take a lax just to stop the excruciating pain. I've been taking stool softeners for about 5 days now, & have gone everyday. I thought I'd be more regular with all the fruits & veggies I'm eating, but it's just not the case...OMG. I have to poop! BRB! Ok, all better. Maybe try taking a stool softener & see if you can't get regular again

Olehcat - Right now, I'm the di ck who doesn't get anything. I have a photographer friend that I see once a week at McDonald's or Chick-Fil-A for a play date with our kiddos & I get a Diet Dr Pepper every time. She never says anything about. Other people say things. My best friend (who has always been skinny & has the metabolism of a teenage boy) gives me lots of shtick for it & it drives me nuts. You just have to make choices. The other night, I went out & ate all of those apps, had a beer, & then had dessert. But it's one night every like 2 weeks. When I was heavier, I'd have a cheat day once a week & I still lost consistently 2-3lbs a week. And yes, I counted calories from day 1! From about 215-170, I ate about 1700. Then from 170-155, about 1500. From 150-138 about 1400. Now, I'm having to eat about 1250 to drop, but I'm having good drops now that I altered. Calories in, calories out was the only thing that worked for me. Low carbing never did a thing. I'd gain, if anything. And I WRITE EVERYTHING DOWN THAT GOES IN MY MOUTH << That's what she said!

Jessica - Welcome back!!

Joss - I think it's new battery time. That sounds fishy.

Bayzee - That's awesome! With my knee so tweaked out, I have to be extra careful when I lift weights, but I agree - that's where the change happens. And I have always HATED cardio. I would rather lift weights than anything. Plus, I see results much more rapidly when I lift more.

Another nice drop for me today! Down to 134.0! I cut my calories by 150 the last couple of days, & it was clearly the barrier that I was hitting. My question now is this: 132 is my goal, but how do I maintain that weight? If I eat 1500 calories, the scale bumps up. Isn't maintenance supposed to be around 1800 a day? I'm really confused about how this is supposed to work.

I was able to do part of my Pilates video last night - had to skip all leg work that made me bend & bear weight on my legs, but I can do the rest of it just fine. Felt good to do it again.

Hope you're all having great Tuesdays! Off to Mickey Donald's, as my daughter calls it, for a tasty Diet Dr Pepper while everyone else eats fries

Last edited by MaddieBPhoto; 03-05-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:36 AM   #45  

Quote:
...OMG. I have poop! BRB! Ok, all better. Maybe try taking a stool softener & see if you can't get regular again
LMAO! haha thanks for that!

Quote:
Joss - I think it's new battery time. That sounds fishy.
It does seem a bit out of the ordinary, but I just changed the batteries 6 weeks ago and before that they lasted for about 4 years so I don't think they've run down. It just is what it is.

Quote:
Another nice drop for me today! Down to 134.0! I cut my calories by 150 the last couple of days, & it was clearly the barrier that I was hitting.
Saw that... awesome!

Quote:
My question now is this: 132 is my goal, but how do I maintain that weight? If I eat 1500 calories, the scale bumps up.
Well it's going to because more food probably equals a few more carbs. Ig of carbohydrate holds 3g of water, so even though your fat/muscle mass doesn't increase, the scale will go up just because of the water. The only way to get around that would be to cut down on carbs specifically... if the only benefit is on the scale and doesn't actually effect the way you look, is it worth it?

Quote:
I was able to do part of my Pilates video last night - had to skip all leg work that made me bend & bear weight on my legs, but I can do the rest of it just fine. Felt good to do it again.

Hope you're all having great Tuesdays! Off to Mickey Donald's, as my daughter calls it, for a tasty Diet Dr Pepper while everyone else eats fries

Thats great that you were able to do some exercise! Have fun with the kiddos. I too just order a diet soda or water sometimes. Gotta do what you gotta do! (I've even been known to bring my own meals/snacks to eat!)

*** can you guys tell I'm super busy at work today? LOL don't judge me.

Last edited by JossFit; 03-05-2013 at 10:36 AM.