Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:03 AM   #166  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

Just a little complaining:

Well. Been on plan for 3 days now. Ate 1200, 1500 and 1700 calories and burned like 2000 with exercise. And my scale is not moving. I know i know, waterretention. But dangit! LOL
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:21 AM   #167  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

LeilaJey : I do agree, chicken are scary. But not as much as turkey. We had a few of them too and they are just FREAK. Thanx for the apple cider vinegar advice, I'm definetely going to have a look at that!

crazygurl : on the go again? Good luck while you are away!

DottieMea : Aaah, skin and TOM. Like it wasn't enough having everything going on in the world in the tummy during TOM!

Philana : Yeah,I know it must be a calcium or potassium thing. I was maybe going more for calcium because I'm already eating one banana every single day and I decreased my intake of dairy lately. I was drinking some almond milk but I switched back to real milk, plus I bought a supplement of calcium. I'm definetely going to check for multivitamins too. And yeah, water retention sucks. But keep going, it will move eventually!

Jossfit : ROCK ON on beating your unit at your Crossfit thing!! It must feel so great A question on multivitamin : I just bought a bottle of Calcium/Vitamin D supplement, but as many of you may suggest, I might not just lack Calcium. Do you think I can take a calcium thing + a multivitamin thing at the same time? (because there is usually calcium in the mixt of multivitamin)

Dorian : Your dog is soooo cute!! I think I'd be lazy too, having all this black hair on me!

It's freaking super hot and humid here today (like it was 25 at 6AM) and I had to do 11k... I was so slow and long and hot but I made it with my collegue. She does not like the heat so I slowed down to stick with her, which was probably a good thing! Even her dogs were tired by the end.

I weighed in at 137.0 this morning, after my run, drinking during my run, drinking my cup of chocolat milk and eating apricots ( I forgot to WI when I woke up, that was freakin to early to think about something at 5:45). So yeah. Don't know why I even bothered to step on the scale LOL

So far today we fought a beginning of a wasp nest on our freaking door (well actually the boyfriend did. I watched over, scared as h*ll from the inside in the house ), I forgot my lunch home and I am planning to go shopping tonight because 1. I really need shorts and 2. hello, cool hair of the mall!!

Oh, I also hope to poop today. It'd be fun, isn't it?? :P LOL

Have a good day everyone!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:54 AM   #168  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Hey all,

I've been quiet lately but doing lots of reading! Monday I hurt my lower back a little doing dumbbell squats, and being injured is my biggest "I hate everything" negative-Nancy trigger. Food has been fine, had 5 wings and beer last night but weighed in at 127.0 this morning after a huge poop (wings have a laxative effect on me...).

It's HOT in NY, almost 100 degrees Fahrenheit/37.8 C, and I almost died after 20 minutes of intervals at level 8 on the arc trainer. My gym is not air conditioned or even equipped with adequate fans, and I sweated buckets and felt super light headed and awful the whole time. My bf has AC at his apartment but I'm headed to NYC for the weekend (Mermaid Parade! yeahhh!) and staying w/a friend who doesn't have AC at her place. wahhhh.

TurboMammoth Nicely done running in the heat! Forgetting to weigh in sounds like a dream come true...I wish I could just forget to weigh myself in the mornings. I even worry about drinking an espresso at my bf's place before going home to weigh!

philana Hang in there! Maybe you should take a "bike maintenance 101" class. I'm sure NL has tons of them Also, I think it's GREAT that you've learned to really enjoy exercise.

JossFit You belong on this blog "Crossfit Babes": http://crossfitbabes.tumblr.com/page/2 - congrats on blasting above and beyond the rest of your unit!!!

Dorian5 Awwwww cute and not horrifically obese - best kind of pet. I smiled when you referred to him as a "porkchop." Glad your week is going better than the start.

DottieMae Apparently one cannot be too old for pimples...my mom is 66 and she got one the other day!

crazygurl Congrats on that low WI!

LeilaJey Oh girl I feel you, I used to cook at the vegan stir fry station at my college cafeteria and sneak meat! :P Welcome back to "on plan" - the bloating will pass. Where do you live?

Alexistrophic You seem to be doing a lot better and feeling more in control lately - I really hope job stress calms down soon and you get something you actually WANT.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:01 PM   #169  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Dorian5~ Sorry if I missed that: your pup's name is Dorian, too? Cutie! I hear ya on the "staying on plan" front. Your chicken taco sounds amazing!!! And thanks for the well wishes. What kind of work do YOU do?

Toni~ Hurray for the pre-memorial day weight return, but booooo on the job stress. Sometimes you just gotta lay down the law as far as what you will and will not put up with. I don't know the circumstances, but gosh darn, if you felt the need to quit on the spot then it must have been dire. Good for you for offering to go back and help out with the mess.

Turbo~ You get down with your hot self! Sounds like you're feeling more confident, which is amazing. Wasp nest = scaaaary. Lucky you with a bf to take care of it.

LeilaJey~ It's amazing how time flies when you're shootin' the breeze. How cool that you have a friend who cycles, too.

Crazygurl~ Where are you off to, again?

Dottie~ Alas, breakouts know no age limit...

Philana~ Wowza! You are a riding queen!!! I wasn't athletic until around college. Used to dread the mile in high school. Now I wake up and go run three. Go figure. Seems like you've really developed well in your fitness quest. Unfortunately, I hear ya on the weight plateus. A woosh is just around the corner!

Joss~ Sounds like a good plan! You crossfit chicks are no joke.

Krampus~ Being injured = no fun. Good for you for staying on plan, though! Thanks for the well-wishes on the job/in-control front. I am feeling less stress re: food. With the job search, it seems like I'm getting all the ones I just kind of half-heartedly apply for, but the ones I really want aren't responding. Boo. I just have to make my own darn luck, I suppose. I'm trying to transition into a new, challenging field but I hope that either my perseverance pays off or somthing even better comes along.

Sorry if I forgot anyone!
~~~~

Job searching is actually going pretty well. Have an interview on Monday and am planning on hitting the road again tomorrow with my resume.

Sad that I have to leave this place (I'm an "Executive Assistant"- read: secretary) for a 75 y/o chimney fireplace contractor who works out of his home. I love it here, but he's the father of my oldest friend who is currently studying abroad in Italy. She returns in July and I feel like this is her house and her dad, so I have to hit the road... Yeah. Plus, I would like to develop more of a career track for myself so it's definitely time for a move.

Bit of a whine ahead -
I'm in a weird place calorie-wise: am eating 1200-1500 per day, with light to moderate exercise. I'm losing, but it's glacier slow.
This is the most uncomfortable calorie range for me. I find myself hungry and irritable, but not really losing enough to justify feeling this way. I feel clumsy (bumping into things and tripping more than usual) and unfocused. It's not low enough to be starvation mode (we don't want that, I know) but it's not high enough to feel really satisfied with food intake. I try upping my cals on healthy stuff (lean protein like salmon and tuna) but that means an almost instant gain. I'm not really sure what to do...

Conventional wisdom says just ride it out for a few more days. I know this, but I suppose I'm just impatient like that. Bleh.

*says to self* Just hold steady!

Love to all!!!
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:08 PM   #170  

Height: 5'1

Hey everyone!

Hope you are all well. I've been reading all your posts over the past week or so but just haven't posted myself.

I have kind of been up and down over the past few weeks. I haven't weighed in since last Saturday, maybe Sunday since I have a cousin staying with me. I might get a chance to do it tomorrow (going out early, so a good bit of running around since we have guests staying too. Need to make sure they are being looked after too) I'm not sure if I'm expecting a loss or gain. I'll probably STILL be the same. I haven't been exercising so I really need to get back into it. I just haven't had the motivation for it. From Saturday onwards, I'm determined to get back out walking!

Last Friday I got my exam results for my 3rd year in college. Thankfully I have passed everything and will begin my 4th and final year in September. A very scary thought! I was offered a free trip to Barcelona last weekend for this week. My cousin (who is staying with us) has been sick so I was offered the place but declined because I wouldn't see these relations too often and I'm sure I'm not the only person who doesn't like being in awkward situations which I felt it would have been. Would have been nice to go. My younger brother was going to go and was very happy and excited but we discovered his passport was out of date and there wouldn't have been enough time to get another one issued.

I realised I can now add a ticker too. I'm going to wait until tomorrow to add it so I can see what my weight is. I'd imagine the same. Body doesn't want me losing the extra pounds. Keeps my body warm during the winter, haha. I would like to get rid of it though!

Last edited by Dreamer2012; 06-21-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:13 PM   #171  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

Just a quick note tonight, bedtime here

I went out with a friend to this monkeyzoo. It was so much fun, we had a great relaxing day looking at monkeys. And I did not count calories. I did calculate on my way back home, and i think I ate about 2200 calories. That's perfectly fine after the restricting days. With all the walking Id id it probably evens out anyhow.

There was also this small pet-zoo thingy with a big pig. So cute!

Last edited by philana; 06-21-2012 at 05:14 PM.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:39 AM   #172  

Dreamer ~ Good to see you back and congrats on passing your third year!

Philana ~ What a cute picture!!! You look adorable. Isn't it strange how pigs are so hairy??? I saw one up close last year and was kind of shocked that it had what looked like a full coat of fur. Wouldn't have thought that.

~~~
Random question: Does anyone else go tanning? I NEVER would have thought that I would be one of "those" types of girls, b.c I associate tanning with skank and cheap... but since we're going to the shore ("show-ahh") next weekend, I thought I'd give it a whirl. Signed up for a 2 week unlimited pass w. my momma. Now that I've started going, I can see that a lot more people than I would have thought (i.e. not just skanks) go tanning than I would have thought.

Anyone else?

Last edited by Alexistrophic; 06-22-2012 at 07:41 AM.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:26 AM   #173  

S/C/G: 146/127.9/120

Height: 5'4"

philana - omg that pig is enormous! You look so cute!

Dreamer2012 - Congrats on passing your exams!! I know a lot of people are against daily weigh ins, but I like it for this reason: my weight fluctuates greatly daily, so if I just weigh in once a week I may see a very low weight coupled with a very high weight. And I think (at least for me) that leads to frustration. Seeing all the weights allows to me sort of parse out the average weight. Just a thought.

Alexistrophic - are you near your TOM? Also you may be dehydrated, esp. with the warmer weather, so make sure you're getting enough fluids. Good luck - I'm sure things will even themselves out and you'll feel ok.

krampus - No AC in the gym? Good god how did you do it? Yikes!

TurboMammoth - I really hope things pass for you this weekend! Do you drink coffee? That always does the trick for me.

philana - hugs! the scale will move soon!

Went to Bikram last night and it was so bizarre. I had no idea that there would be a photographer at class. I was like, what? There was a girl there who is going pro (tennis) and is working on trying to land a sponsorship with Under Armour. It was a bit unnerving - I mean you practically do that class in your underwear because its so damn hot, but it actually pushed me bc I was like, "I don't want to look bad in any of these photos' lol. Afterwards they made us all get together for a group photo. I haven't seen it yet and I hope it doesn't make its way to the internet. I'm sure I looked like MESS! haha. Afterwards one of the yoga instructors made my day. She was like, "you're looking so lean and strong now" First person to notice besides my family - yay! Made me feel so good, then made me think "why should I get so happy when other people validate my weight?" I guess it's just nice to know someone is noticing the hard work. Anyway, 133.6 this am. Hoping to stay in the 133s and I'm tired of seeing 134!
DottieMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:56 AM   #174  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

krampus : Is your back feeling any better? Have fun in NYC!

Alexis : being in some incomfortable range is always sucky... You seem to do good in term of job hunting though! good for you! Personnaly I never went tanning. I don't like them because 1) I don,t like behing stuck in some closde place and 2) they're not good for skin cancer and everything. I'm planning to use to cream with tanning product in soon though, I'M getting a really un pretty runner tan look lol

Dreamer : good job on finishing your 3rd year! What are you stuyding in college?

Philana : The pig is so hairy and cuteee! I'm a jerk, every time we go to the zoo, I spend like one hour in the mini farm thingy hihih You look adorable on your picture!

DottieMea : The comment from your bikram teacher is so sweet. Especially from a teacher like that, who is used to see working out people and everything!! Good for you!!

I'm up to 138.6 lbs this morning, it's like + 5.8 from last friday. Like, WTF. I'm trying not to get so bombed by all this because I know most of it is probably water and my intestine problem but still. I promised myself to stay under 135. 138 was my weigh from like 1 month ago. It sucks.

I was kinda okay in calories this week, I'm trying to maintain and I ate around 1700-2200 calories a day + running 3 times. My legs muscles might be retaining water too, my legs are getting more sore and sore every week. A break after the half will probably help a bit. I won't be able to take a super long breack though, I'll have to start training again for my next half...

Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff. Scales sucks!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:18 AM   #175  

Height: 5'4

Oh it's Friday Feathers... happy day!

Philana - I love the picture... so cute! Don't worry so much about the water retention... I'm in the same boat just trying to do my best and be patient now that I'm back OP after that indulgent weekend.

Turbo - I take a multivitamin and a separate Calcium/Vitamin D supplement just to be on the safe side. What my body doesn't need, it will dispose of. I know there are warnings about taking too many vitamins but really, nobody ever in HISTORY has died from an overdose of vitamins, and getting sick from it is also extremely rare. You won't hurt yourself from taking too much. I take a lot because I've had stress fractures and I workout really hard so I don't want to go through all that again!

Krampus - I hope your back is feeling better! If you have trouble with DB squats, have you tried using a smith machine or perhaps using a swiss ball against the wall for added stability?

Alexis - I am right there with ya sister... trying to go low calorie SUCKS even if it's just for a short while. Just hang in there! Get some extra sleep this weekend and drink lots of fluids. Good luck on the job search too!

Oh the tanning - I used to go all the time... and now I'm 27 with emerging wrinkles and lots of appointments coming up to go get moles cut off and biopsied... I am almost positive I have some pre-cancerous if not already cancerous lesions (I'll keep you guys posted after the biospies start). I also have a consulation next week for Juvederm in my forehead to fill in the very deep furrow I now have. I'm trying my best to fix the damage, but at 27 I shouldn't have to. It's not worth it. Ever. Use a good self tanner, and moisturize!

Dottie - That's so great that your instructor is noticing and complementing you on the changes! It always feels nice to get a compliment. I'm sure there are many more to come.

Turbo - Have you taken a day off to rest lately? Maybe a rest day, moderate calories, and lots of fluids will help the scale to get to where it should be.

----------------------------------------

My workout today was Blah... I'm tired of working out. Tomorrow morning I weigh in again and I'm HOPING TO GOD for a loss this week. Please please get me back under 120...
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:43 AM   #176  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

127.2 today. Not the best of trends but whatever. Went for frozen yogurt last night and was disappointed. I'd rather have ice cream than this stupid lowfat/nonfat/no sugar added business! Dinner was a big chef salad from Cracker Barrel and a few bites of my roommate's and bf's food. Tonight I'm going to NYC for the weekend - visiting friends there who I haven't seen at the same time since New Year's Eve in Berlin 08-09! We're going to the Mermaid Parade. I suspect I will be mostly naked for that and covered in glitter. If there are any "good" pictures taken, you may be subjected to them...

Alexistrophic I'm an executive assistant too! No experience tanning - I HATE when my skin gets tan, and I'll never understand why white people love it so much. Also it sounds like you are in starvation mode if you can't operate at normal capacity...just my two cents.

JossFit I'm tired of not being able to work out without hurting. I hope your weigh-in is a good one tomorrow...you've been busting your butt all week!

TurboMammoth Eugh the heat probably doesn't help matters either. Hard to poop when you're sweating out all the water in your body.

DottieMae YAY for positive feedback from the Bikram instructor! That's great. I'm sure more people notice than you think.

philana CUTE pig picture! Wow! I'm really jealous you can wear long sleeves...it's sooo hot here, another 35 degree humid day ahead.

Dreamer Congrats on another successful academic year. That's a shame about the Barcelona trip, but things like that will come up again!

Last edited by krampus; 06-22-2012 at 10:44 AM.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:03 AM   #177  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Krampus - I'm sooo jealous that you're going to the Mermaid Parade..... Literally green with envy. I would also be mostly naked and covered in glitter - that's the only way!! LOL Maybe I'll work something out like that for Halloween...

Dottie - I would have been really self-conscious with that camera there. Good for you for pushing yourself harder.

Alexistrophic - I usually only buy a tanning package before a vacation but I tan a lot in my backyard in pool (perks to living with my parents) and I find that when my skin is tan I look better/thinner naked. By a lot!

Holding at 146 this week, getting back into IF and possible Ketosis so I've been having bad headaches and flu like symptoms, but it should pass any day. Also, I have my first 5k tomorrow as part of the charity to help out the parks after all the flooding here last summer. I suspect I'll be walking most of it because I've been feeling kinda gross, but I'll jog as much as I can and exercise is exercise! Hopefully I can resist all the free junkfood served in the park afterwards! lol
tonimaroni2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:06 PM   #178  

S/C/G: 162/154.0/115

Height: 5'4"

Hi all! Work is BEASTLY so no personals, but I love you all and it looks like everyone is doing well!

My weigh in today was 126.8lbs, yay! I NEED to stay on plan this weekend. NEED to. We have plans to see friends and walk around the flea market tomorrow, we're all meeting for breakfast at McDonalds. Hoping I can feel full after a fruit/yogurt parfait and a BIG nonfat, sugar free vanilla latte.

STAY STRONG! XOXO
Dorian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:38 PM   #179  

DottieMae ~ I am betting this weight holding is something hormone related, since I do feel all bloated and puffy. It's definitely not being dehydrated, though. I drink close to 100 ozs a day. If anything, I might need to back off a bit. How much fun (though nerve-wracking) with a photographer in Bikram class. My mom takes Bikram and loves it.

Turbo ~ I'm trying to just power through this "uncomfortable" feeling. It's rough, but I keep trying to encourage myself forward. Re: tanning - I was concerned aboutthe skin cancer risk, too, but I've read that tanning beds use lower levels of the UV rays that cause melanomas, plus my genetic risk level isn't super high. I was getting that "farmer's tan" thing on my forearms and it was nasty! I've also done self-tanning creams, but haven't found any that are strong enough to even out that farmer's line. Bleh.
Don't let the gain get you down. Look how stinking far you've come. You've lost FIFTY POUNDS!!! Give yourself some props, girl!

Joss ~ I think being tired might be effecting me, too. Hmmm, didn't even make that connection because all my "symptoms" also fit with exhaustion and I have been waking up at 6 every day this week (that's early for me, not so much for you army peeps, I understand.) Eeek! Scary about the biopsies. Do keep us posted. Sending you health!

Krampus ~ I don't usually like the way my skin looks tan, either (I look "dirty" with my half-Asian side) but just in the course of every day life, I'm getting tan on my arms and face... and nowhere else. I've used self tanner cream to try and even out, but haven't really found any that are strong enough. I figure if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. And I wanted to see what I'd look like if I actually gave it a try...
That mermaid parade sounds amazing!!! Please do share pics if you're so inclined.

Toni ~ Our "vacation" is really the only reason I'm tanning. I'm finding the same thing about looking better naked (lol). I was hoping for some decent pics from this thing! Good luck resisting that free junk food. Something about not having to pay for it makes it that much harder to resist..

Dorian ~ Have fun at the flea market!!! McD's breakfast + Friends = love.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:23 PM   #180  

Height: 5'4

Alexis, have you tried any of Victoria's Secret's bronzing products? http://www.victoriassecret.com/beaut...s-and-bronzers

I have tried a lot of different things over the years, but these I LOVE. I use the lotion for a base tan, and then before I go out or do a photo shoot (or whatever the event is) I give myself a light misting with the bronzing spray. It looks great, it smells great, and it's so user-friendly. Give them a try!
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote