Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 05-25-2011, 09:59 AM   #76  

Height: 5'8

Dorian Ha no my man legs are all muscle! No thigh gaps for me! Have a lovely holiday, bless your bf!

Update : my operation has been postponed to 21.6., which is disappointing and awesome at the same time! Now I can enjoy our weekend away in the mountains next weekend (with bf's family) and I've got another 3 weeks to work on losing a bit of weight. I'll buy another month card for the swimming pool and get on it. Seeing as though I've got back on the calorie tracking wagon, might as well make the most of it in weight loss terms!
claire0412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:10 AM   #77  
Fitter, Happier, Awesomer

S/C/G: 168/maintaining 115-120

Height: 5' 6"

Dorian5: I have a small frame, too, with wide hips and...oof... wide thighs too. But I have a great stomach, flat/small waist, and after strength training for this past year, I'm proud of my arms, though hoping these last several pounds will give me a bit more definition, to show off these guns. I have big ol' boobs, too, but I've made peace with them as long as they're hoisted up in something supportive. They at least give me that "fake hourglass" look, though I'm really a pear.

Champagne every day! Swoon! Sounds like you're going to have a great time.

Claire0412: Enjoy your time away! I've been looking forward to getting back to swimming at the gym. I'm hoping for some muscled swimmer's legs.
sumire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:31 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 168/133/126

Height: 5' 9"

Good morning everyone! It's a beautiful day here in London and I'm feeling pretty positive!

Thank you all for your welcomes and your feedback on my exercise. I think with walking I only count it if it's for longer than 30 minutes at a time, so not general errands but I do count the 3 miles per day I walk on top of general activities shopping etc.

I'm going to the doctor next week to get a referral to a physiotherapist because I'm seriously sick of this hip problem.

Dorian5- that's great about the shorts! That you feel comfortable enough in your skin to bare it is fantastic! I too have just got back my gap between my thighs, it is, for me, one of the benchmarks of when my body is starting to be ok.

Skinnyelle - I agree with your policy, if you really really want something once in a while it's got to be healthiest to just go for it. Interestingly though lile you I REALLY wanted to eat something bad (pizza) recently but when I did it was wholly unsatisfying! I'd have been WAY happier with a bowl of veggie stir fry or a pile of sushi.... Mmmm suuushi...

Krampus - from some of the things the others have said it seems like you're not having the most awesome time eatingwise (compared to before quite recently), I know the feeling where you get into habits with binging behaviour to the point where it almost becomes inevitable! For me it has sometimes been a matter of changing routines a bit to break the habbit, like going somewhere away from home, or having a friend to stay over. I'm always worse when I'm alone so making a point of being around other people can help. But I know it's not easy! And I'm not trying to give you a solution.

Like I said, I'm feeling pretty positive today, bodywise my looser than before jeans and the widening little gap between my thighs tell me I'm doing something right! And my intermittent fasting is getting easier and easier. I haven't weighed myself in a few weeks becausethe scales at my gym have been broken an I don't trust the ones at home, but I'm pretty sure I've lost, I certainly haven't gained!

Likewise things are pretty good, I'm incredibly fortunate in that I love my job, I've had the kind of soul destroying jobs you guys were talking about so I cherish every day of this one! I'm going to a fantastic 1920s themed pop up speakeasy on Saturday night with a big group of girlfriends, we're all dressing up and I can't wait to see how the outfit I bought a couple of months ago looks.

Happy Wednesday everyone!
RummyMcGin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:31 PM   #79  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

BARFFFFFFFF up 0.6 kg overnight and I'm not sure why, but I haven't gone to the bathroom since Sunday so I am hoping that is the culprit. Yesterday calories were fine, around 1400.

I'm jealous of thigh gaps. Most of the time I like my absurdly petite bone structure, but I would definitely have to whittle myself down to 110 or so before I could even dare hope for gaps. My hip bones are about 9 inches apart from each other in the front, and at 130 I can barely find my ribs.

Logging off for now, it's definitely a fat day. Personals later.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:52 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 162/154.0/115

Height: 5'4"

No idea what my weight is today, but that's totally fine because last night I tried on all of my old jeans and they ALL fit! Holy sh!t. That was like, huge for me. Granted my old cocaine-skinny-jeans (there's a reason I was waaaay skinny after high school. :eyeroll: ) well, they give me a nice little muffin top right now. But they FIT damn it! And I'll get back into them in a healthy way this time.

krampus I'm SURE the bathroom difficulty has a lot to do with the fluctuation. I hope your day got better, fat days suck so hard. :/ Maybe the wizards were napping.

RummyMcGin - Glad you're feeling so positive and upbeat! Yay for looser jeans!

sumire - I always assumed I was an hourglass, my current measurements are 37-26-36 -- sounded hourglass-y. I'm not sure though, I don't know much about body types. I know one thing though, finding clothes to fit me is a pain. I hear ya about hoisting up the girls, I dread the day that my weightloss gives them that tennis-ball-in-a-tubesock-effect! UGH! Hope I can avoid that. Champagne every day, I KNOW! I love champagne. I hear it's only 25 calories an ounce, which would be great if I didn't drink a bottle by myself. Haha.

claire0412 - Glad that your surgery was postponed so you could have a quaint little mountain getaway! Good luck with counting calories again - I LOVE counting calories, I think it's because I'm a control freak. LOL.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Dorian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 02:04 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 189/164/145

Height: 5'6

I have been binging like a mad person the past 2-3 days! Scratching the burger itch lead to eating more carbs and eventually 1/2 of a small pizza last night. Woke up this morning and the scale said 150!!! 1 effing 50!!!!! I freaked out! Called out of work ( i kinda needed a mental health day anyway) went to a spinning class, spun like a wild woman, and ran 5k. Came back home and the scale said 142.9 which calmed me down a little bit. Although Im not even sure how the weight differences are even possible. I understand the concept of water weight but 8lbs of it gone in 3 hours??? Cant wrap my head around that one.

I have proven to myself, once and for all, that Im pretty much all or nothing. When I was strictly doing my IF and low carb plan... I was fine. But seems like the first piece of candy I ate or cheat meal I had made it impossible to get back on track. The body just keeps on craving and the mind keeps proding to eat more.

Im fasting today and possibly tomorrow and going to continue to workout heavily until Im back under 140 again. It may sound extreme but my body/mind needs to be shocked back into reset mode. And fasting and working out is the only way I know how to successfully do that.

Thanks for listening to my rant ladies. Congrats on all the success you are having!

Last edited by skinnyelle39; 05-26-2011 at 02:10 PM.
skinnyelle39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 03:37 PM   #82  

skinnyelle That sounds a bit extreme! I hate how the scale does random jumps, but if you are normally ow carb that will be the cells containing glucose + water coming back, and going away again just as fast. Try not to punish yourself too much!

DorianYay for old jeans fitting (even the cocaine jeans!!) I don't know how much an ounce is, but yay for low calorie alcohol!

Sumire Good luck with the swimming! Swimmer's arms are pretty great too!

Krampus Oje! I hope the fat day wasn't too bad, I hate fat days

Today has been a nightmare today food wise! Ate chocolate and a Müller Corner yoghurt after school today, and biscuits (2), and then went out and ate duck leg and chicken satay, ice cream and mojitos. Calorie count is 2,047 for the day and I am not drinking any more wine, just herbal tea. Tomorrow should be better, ahem. I didn't go swimming either, but I did cycle around the city for at least 1.5 hours. I'll weigh in tomorrow to teach myself a lesson...

Have a good day everyone
Old 05-26-2011, 09:03 PM   #83  

Dorian5: I had read that hourglasses tend to have slimmer thighs (like yours) than pears, and that the upper body/shoulders tend to be more balanced to the hips. My measurements are 37-26-37 (hips 38 if measuring around the booty). But my shoulders are pretty small (though starting to get more balanced 'cause of my weight training, woohoooo!). My under-bust/rib cage measurement is 28, so I have a pretty small ribcage and a lot of boobage! But body type descriptions aren't exactly a science, so maybe I should just claim hourglass. Lol at the cocaine jeans--isn't it nice to know that you're skinny AND healthier?

Skinnyelle39: Hope you get back on track soon! I'd do the minimum that you need to do to banish those cravings; don't overdo it and weaken yourself, and make sure you're not doing it as self-punishment! (Sorry if I sound like I'm mothering you. )

claire0412: Good luck with the weigh-in tomorrow. Water weight, food weight... don't panic.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:26 PM   #84  

sumire thanks for the kind words. And I dont mind the mothering at all . I find your measurements interesting. Im 34-25-38 myself. But I am almost 15 lbs heavier than you. So crazy how things vary....Im definitely a pear shape also.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:54 AM   #85  

Gah weigh in, 70.6kg! Nightmare! I normally vary between 68.5-69.5 but oh well. I've implemented the only order salad and one drink rule when out and about and I'll try to stick to 1,600 calories a day. Goal is under 68kg by the time of my operation (21.6). I really need a haircut but I am trying to grow my hair out, so I've made a deal with myself to get my haircut the first time I see 67.something on the scale, how is that for motivation (both for weight loss and hair growth )!

Have a good day everyone!

ps: ticker changed as punishment!

Last edited by claire0412; 05-27-2011 at 12:56 AM.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:57 AM   #86  

Morning! My dumb scale said 127.0lbs this morning - ugh, no, stupid scale! You're supposed to go DOWN, not UP! I picked out a cute outfit last night and I AM wearing it today, but I don't feel as cute in it because of the number the scale threw up at me this morning. (That's pretty dumb, but whatever.)

I don't know why I'm still consumed with 125 by May 30th. Because you know what? I'm probably going to gain some on vacation. I guess my hope is that if I can manage to get to 125lbs before hand, then maybe that will help me be under 130lbs when I get back.

Also, if you're feeling masochistic, type "dessert nachos" into google images. They have these at a restaurant near our hotel and, uh, yeah... I'm gonna have to eat them.

sumire - I have a little ribcage too! Aw, I love that we're shaped the same, not many people are and I always felt that people were exasperated whenever I complained about my difficulty to find clothes. I wear a 30DD, or a 32DD on the smallest hooks. I always have to buy bras from racy sites online. Sometimes I wonder if my shape makes people not take me seriously. Does that ever happen to you? I used to be a blonde but that seemed to make it worse -- now I'm a redhead and now it's Jessica Rabbit jokes. Oh, hardy har har.

claire0412 - All of this "teach yourself a lesson" and "punishment" talk sounds so scary. Everyone has days where they eat more than they should have! Don't beat yourself up too hard, ya know? All of that weight is sodium and water retention I'm sure -- you would have to eat 3,500 calories to gain a whole pound of actual fat (.45kg) Get back on track and start feeling great again!

skinnyelle39 - Your waist! It is soooo teeny tiny, I bet your figure is so gorgeous! Anyway, like everyone else said, I'm sure that's just your body clinging to those carbs. You've so got this -- I'm finally learning to not be all or nothing myself. It's hard, seems to take even more of an iron will to have a little bit and stop than to have none at all. Hope you can have a mental health day soon without a terrifying weight crisis!

krampus - You are MIA but I'm thinking about you and hope you're doing well and getting ready for your wicked awesome weekend.

XOXOXO to everyone.

Last edited by Dorian5; 05-27-2011 at 09:58 AM.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:06 AM   #87  

skinnyelle39: You must have some muscle on you! I'm jealous. I suspect I carry a higher body fat percentage than a lot of people. I plan to have it tested when I enter maintenance (and in the meantime I'm doing what I can to minimize muscle loss and maximize fat loss). I'm nearing my high school measurements of 35-24-36 (at about 118-120lbs), so I'm curious to see whether my late-20s body will get back to that point comfortably.

claire0412: I bet the scale will dip back down quickly. Good luck!
Old 05-27-2011, 10:17 AM   #88  

Dorian5: Yeah, other gals seem to get annoyed at complaints that shirts are too big for my waist and waaay too small for my boobs. It's ok, I can complain to my mom, because we totally have the exact same body. I've been wearing absurdly ill-fitting bras (band too big) while losing weight because I'm too cheap to buy more expensive ones that actually fit until I reach maintenance. My natural hair color is brown, but I went blonde for a couple of years in my early 20s, and man-oh-man! I had guys hitting on me for two solid years. Blondes really must have more fun!
Old 05-27-2011, 11:07 AM   #89  

dorian5 It is pretty small. Still working on the " gorgeous" figure though! You sound like quite the hottie yourself. Id kill for that kind of boobage! lol. I have to get my legs/ thighs under control. Hopefully the remainder of the weight comes from the lower half. Being pear-shaped that's usually how it works so fingers crossed. Its soooo annoying to have a waist that small and still be confined to size 7,8, and 9 jeans. And skinny jeans? Forget about it...lol. If I had a body type where my hips corresponded with my waist measurement Id be in 3's and 4's. Its super annoying!

sumire yes I have tons of natural muscle. Don't be jealous bc sometimes I just wish I had an effortlessly slender, thin body. More model-like and less athlete-like. My lower body is BIG! I have really muscular quads with a bit of fat on them. Torching that fat has been the goal of my weight loss. I don't mind so much having big legs but they need to be tight and toned. At your weight and with those measurements what sizes do you wear if you don't mind me asking? And please share your tips for fat loss!

Last edited by skinnyelle39; 05-27-2011 at 11:12 AM.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:37 AM   #90  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyelle39 View Post
And skinny jeans? Forget about it...lol.
Since I have tiny ankles and wider hips and gigantic boobs, I look like a double scoop ice cream cone if I wear actual skinny jeans. Ugh! Who the **** invented those stupid pants anyway! Barely anyone can wear them and look awesome!