Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 01-16-2011, 10:30 PM   #46  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Why DOES it have to be so difficult? Today I am being slowly defeated by a mountain of chocolate/cookies/crackers at work. The weather is relentlessly cold (and you feel it when your workplace and home are uninsulated!) and I just want spring and a magical metamorphosis to goal weight to happen without having to try.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:13 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Ohhhh feathers, I am feeling the same way.

Last night I had run ins with pizza, wine and beer. I managed to make the pizza involve whole wheat crust, feta, and veggies.... but the drinks really tipped the scale.

So, I decided to tally up the week's calories, and have allowed myself the remaining calories for today, to keep me under what I should (theoretically) be consuming in a week to reach my goal weight... I'll let you know if this works! I still haven't figured out yet if 1500 is the right number for me...

Anyway, I've pretty much had egg whites, grapes, vegetables, and oatmeal/frozen berries spread out throughout the day & that's it. Hoping this herbal tea will distract me, along with the huge pile of dirty dishes and paperwork stuff I want to get done before bedtime. Siiiiigh.

It really is difficult.

Krampus, the other day at work they had cookies and pizza for a coworker's birthday and it literally took all of my strength not to eat any... I let myself nibble on a crust corner, but otherwise ate the food I packed. I had to physically leave the room and go busy myself, saying out loud "I'm ON A DIET and I'm having pizza tonight" so people wouldn't keep offering it to me. This keeps me in line somehow because then people go "Aren't you on a diet?" if they see me eating it, and then bam-- I feel bad and want to put it down.

Veela- It really is tough in the winter. It's under 30F here every day and sometimes it's a struggle to just get dressed, let alone go outside/to the gym/etc. Let us know how the vitamins work!

Last edited by FatPantsSkinnyJeans; 01-16-2011 at 11:14 PM.
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:35 AM   #48  
Yogini

S/C/G: 152/ticker/115

Height: 5' 3''

Good morning feathers!

Weighed in at 142.2 this morning...that's up about 2 lbs from last week and putting me back at my beginning of Nov weight. Sigh. The worst part is, I seemed to be doing so fine maintaining (and even going down 1 lb) being technically off plan. Last Monday I started calorie counting again, and while a few meals were off plan, for some reason my body decided to gain 2 lbs. WTH? I know I am retaining water from TOM, but I still don't like seeing the numbers so high.

Going to try to go for a run at the gym this morning. I hear you all about the weather! It was 16 degrees here yesterday and I just couldn't bear to try to run outside. I did my first "snow run" last Wednesday - but it was around 28 and sunny that day - it wasn't too bad.

This will be my last weigh in until Friday as I am going on a business trip for the rest of the week. Eating at the hotel and having drinks/dinners with coworkers isn't exactly the best thing for my diet. Going to try to do my best and see if I can get egg white omelets for breakfast and if we eat at the work cafeteria for lunches there is a salad bar I will definitely partake in. Also bringing my running stuff to use the hotel gym, but it's hard when dinners/happy hours bring get me back to the hotel so late. And running after having drinks is never the best thing!!! I've been there before!!!

Wishing you all a wonderful on plan week with giant losses!
Wildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:13 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 147/see ticker/115

Height: 5'3"

Veela and Wildflower, I hope you guys feel better from anxiety/depression things. Winter, particularly January, is really, really hard for me. I have been doing well this year with a combination of St. John's Wort, chromium, and green tea. Also, I always thought yoga was a calming influence when I'm in the throes of seasonal depression, but it turns out cardio is more helpful, so I've been running more this week. I think yoga is good when you're already in a good mood, but when you're feeling a little sad, it makes me too mindful of dwelling on that sadness. Vitamin D helps a lot of people, but it doesn't do much for me, unfortunately. But this chromium discovery is like magic. I read that it can help with atypical depression, and so I started taking a multi-vitamin that included it. It took a few weeks to see an effect, but it's AMAZING.
kat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:45 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 172/170/130

Height: 5'7

Well I seem to be back on the wagon but lets not count the chicks quite yet. I had an excellent work out today I ran for over 20 minutes which is a record for me. As much as I love running my endurance currently sucks. I spent the rest of my hour at the gym working on my abs and arms. According to my heart rate monitor I burned 600 calories which is a record as far as working out on my own. I think the high intensity running really helped.

My mood has been better today and I don't feel as tired. My diet has also been excellent. I have found that I have stopped snacking in the morning/afternoon. I know you are supposed to have 6 small meals a day but I don't like this because I am often eating when I am not hungry. As a result I now skip my mid-morning snack. I would much rather eat those calories later in the day in the form of an indulgence like a spoonful of peanut butter or something small and sugary!

Last edited by Veela; 01-17-2011 at 08:46 PM.
Veela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:38 AM   #51  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

After a few days of chocolate binges, night time eating and general crappy mood, I finally feel human again. TOM is on its way out and I'm past that pesky 72-hour nicotine withdrawal period after my last cigarette. Today I ran for over an hour (which is a rare treat for me) and kept my calories low (about 1300) and junk consumption to a minimum. I don't care what I weigh tomorrow - I'm just glad I finally had a day where I felt like I was in control of what I put into my face!

Hope you are all doing well and feeling better. Apparently the 17th of January was voted "most depressive day" of the year; glad that's over with!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:05 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 147/see ticker/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
Apparently the 17th of January was voted "most depressive day" of the year; glad that's over with!
Ha! I could totally see that. How many more days 'til spring?
kat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 05:52 PM   #53  
Yogini

S/C/G: 152/ticker/115

Height: 5' 3''

Hi Feathers! I've been MIA this past week as I was traveling for work. I got NO exercise in, but managed to do OK (maybe?) the whole week. The thing is, before TOM I have no appetite, but I try to eat anyway...so it was hard to tell if I was eating too much. Breakfast was scrambled egg whites, salsa and potatoes with melon and coffee. I did salad bar for lunches each day - no dressing. Dinner was the problem. We hit up happy hours with chips/wine each day and then I had pasta for dinners after.

I honestly don't have the courage to weigh myself yet...I can't bear to see the scale be up 5 lbs. Maybe tomorrow I'll feel better and do it...maybe I'll just wait til next week.

This coming week i have grad school finals combined with work so it's going to be crazy. I am going to try to make it to the gym but I know I will be so short of time it might be hard. I cannot wait for this week to be over!!!
Wildflower is offline   Reply With Quote