Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 05-11-2010, 07:25 AM   #31  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

danni - i love jury duty. I've done it once in uk and once in aus. How long is your case going to take? a biggie?
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:45 AM   #32  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

ange - I'm intrigued by you asking if you know me from somewhere. We live far from each other - maybe it's the 40-something forum. I've been hanging there a lot.

I leave for my trip to Chicago/Detroit in exactly two weeks and I'm freaking out. There is so much to do before then, but I'm procrastinating. I'm not the type of person who likes to pack at the last minute so I better get on the stick. I have to catch up on my job, clean my apartment, shop for new clothes (nothing fits), get a haircut, buy luggage... Ugh, the list goes on and on.

This weight loss adventure unfolds with a new challenge every day. And it's a pain how much my mind tries to sabotage me. Last night, I had to fight myself for over an hour to go for a run (which lasts an hour). I did it and ended up trying a new route by the waterfront in Philadelphia. It was wonderful. And the scale said 133 today.

I will stick to my eating & exercise plan today. I must. I will.

Have a good day everybody.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 01:20 PM   #33  
Grandma on the Go!

S/C/G: 143/127/125

Height: 5'4"

ange - I have no idea. Last time we went - we were sent home. It is only a 3 day deal so I suppose it is a small civil matter. I have never served and I would not want to. Watching crime on TV is close enough for me.

mchick - good for you on not letting you know who () talking
you out of taking that run. I will get back in the groove one of these days.

As of now it looks like I am going to hang around the 128 or 128.5 address on the scale. I can go with that for awhile. Not the best I'ave ever been but so much better than the worse Iave been. Accepting where I am and that I have made progress helps me stay with the program of making better choices most of the time instead of just going for the binge.
danni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:06 AM   #34  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

I am doing a little happy dance this morning after seeing 130.4 on the scale! This is the lowest I've been since... 1990? Or maybe a day or two in 1992. Long time ago.

Now to get my butt out the door for a run on this gray morning.

I've been using FitDay to track my calories and it's been very enlightening and instructional. More than anything, it drives home how a teddy graham here and a bite of leftover PBJ there really add up... and since I spend my day surrounded by bits and bites of the kids' foods, knowing I have to account for everything has helped me give up those mindless nibbles in favor of healthy snacks.

Motivated, way to push through and get out there! It's helpful to have beautiful/interesting routes, and Philadelphia is certainly a picturesque city.

Danni, I think you have a really good & healthy attitude about where you are right now. I think we can get wrapped up in 2 or 3 pounds, and getting to goal by a certain date... and it is important and motivating to set specific goals... but I think it's crucial to remember that a healthy weight is not a destination but a way of life, and we need to be flexible about our numbers and when we get there.

OK, off to get child #2 out the door and child #3 into the jogger!
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:31 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

Hello everone I've been away for a long time. I've been going thru a divorce and now have my own little apartment (little being the operative word). One good thing about divorce is that the stress causes weight loss and I lost 8 lbs. in a short time. The bad news is that I am now de-stressing and feeling much better and so I have gained 3 lbs back.

Well I decided it's time to get back on track and continue my weight loss journey while I kind of got a jump start. I started tracking my calories in Fitday today and I plan on adding a little exercise into the mix. Those who know me, know that I hate exercise but there is a really nice walking trail around a lake near my new home and I have walked there a few times already. It's really pretty and I always feel good and relaxed when I finish walking there.

Anyway, hello to everyone. I've been reading the post and everyone sounds like their doing pretty well. Hope you all have a great evening
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:59 PM   #36  
Grandma on the Go!

S/C/G: 143/127/125

abbyin - Hi. Divorce: been there-done that- got down to 107.
Remarried for also 17 years now. Wish you best of times ahead.

thesame Bravo on 130.4
I went to college in Salisbury, MD and high school in Perryville, MD.
Once I decided that I was in this for the long run it helped me accept the ups and downs of the journey - now I hardly ever yell at the scale.
danni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:25 PM   #37  

Hi Abbyin glad you're back, so sorry about the divorce but maybe it was for the best

thesame7lbs, way to go on your weightloss

danni, you're so close to your goal you can taste it...pun intended

MChickie, way to go on getting out for your run, some days are so much harder than others...

I apologize for not posting more often in the Feathers forum, but my life is so ho hum the days just come and go with very little adventure... I eat, I work, I exercise, I sleep, next day seems to be the same same ole, same old...
3fcuser1058250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 05:07 AM   #38  
learning maintenance

abbyin and TS7lb - i've just counted calories too for the first time in my entire life - yesterday and today. 870 yest and 1346 today, so a fair bit of variety.

I know it's inanely totally obvious to everyone else but it is amazing how bad one square of chocolate is for example! Isn't it? I was really surprised. And a strawberry seems to be 2cal but a plum is 40 cal - well that's all a surprise for me too, who'd think you could have 20 strawberries for the price of one plum????

Might have a look at fitday since i don't know anything about that.

Sorry that i'm such a newbie at this calorie stuff - everyone reading must be rolling their eyes at my total non-new-news-post......
Old 05-13-2010, 07:37 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

Good morning all. Just poped in to say hello before I'm off to work.

Ilene-I agree with you on the ho-hum sometimes. I seem to do the same thing everyday too. I'm working on trying to change things up though.

ange82-I think it's great your counting calories. I find that it is the easiest way for me. I can see where I'm overdoing it (when I'm overdoing it ). It helps me make adjustments where I need to. I think you'll do great!

Thanks danni and everyone else for your well wishes. Well better get off here and get to work. Hope everyone has a great (low calorie) day!
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:47 AM   #40  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

Good morning!

Ange, I did not roll my eyes at all at your post -- because I totally agree! I really didn't want to count calories. I thought it would be restricting and horrible. I should have realized that I am a quantifier -- I love to count everything and get a sense of how things work in the world. And it is an education! Like you said, some things just have a bigger impact than others. I've been eating a lot of strawberries. Plus, it's helped me see, in concrete terms, how 60 calories here and 80 calories there really adds up -- and can sabotage even a healthy diet. I'm lovin it! I think it will be helpful for maintenance, too.

AbbyIN, welcome back. I'm so sorry about your divorce. I know that is never easy.
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:51 AM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesame7lbs View Post
-- I love to count everything and get a sense of how things work in the world. And it is an education! Like you said, some things just have a bigger impact than others. I've been eating a lot of strawberries. Plus, it's helped me see, in concrete terms, how 60 calories here and 80 calories there really adds up -- and can sabotage even a healthy diet. I'm lovin it! I think it will be helpful for maintenance, too.
I totally agree, even the healthiest eating can be sabotaged if you eat too much ... I love counting calories too, been doing it for years now, on and off, but mostly on, once you know how to navigate the site it doesn't take that much time at all...

I was down 1 this morning :
Old 05-13-2010, 11:26 AM   #42  
A Work in Progress

S/C/G: S-201.5/C-142.5/G-145.0

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone,

Hope it is OK for me to jump in here. I'm a total newbie to 3FC, but definitely not to weight loss. This is my 2nd time losing a large chunk of weight, but my first honest attempt at making the necessary changes to make this permanent, not a journey with a final destination.

May has started out really well for me. I was on a plateau for most of April (I do the Slimgenics program), and after incorporating a regular workout routine have FINALLY started to see some movement in the scale. I'm actually trying hard to focus more on fitness & eating healthy (and OP), and let the scale go where it will. My official goal is 145, which I haven't weighed since the early 90's!! I think I'm a bit in denial that I can get there...but anything south of 150 will probably make me cry with joy.

I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts & look forward to participating more. It is nice to find a group of people who are working on those final few pounds.

(eventually I'll get a siggy in here, but I think I'm banned until I've posted a few times???).

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Cheryl
cherylmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:28 AM   #43  

Cheryl
Old 05-13-2010, 03:04 PM   #44  
learning maintenance

hi cheryl - fantastic job with the diet and sounds like you have a great attitude for maintaining this time! Are you enjoying your new workout routine? Is it in a gym?
Old 05-14-2010, 07:50 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 186/155/maintaining

Ladies, I've been lurking but haven't been posting because I've really had no news, but I'm freaking out this morning because I dropped 2 lbs.!!!! I've been hovering around 159-160 for two weeks now (with a few bloated days after my celebration dinners, lol), and today I weighed in at 157.4!!! I couldn't believe it--I moved my scale all around, picked it up and shook it, and I've weight sooooo many times, haha. I've never had an overnight loss more than a 1-1 1/2 lbs. I'm 2 lbs. away from my original goal, and if I keep it up, I'm on track to hit my goal weight right around the 4th of July. I got the promotion last week, bought an awesome new car yesterday, figured my budget last night and will be debt free (except for car/mortgage) by August, and now with the big weight loss I just feel like I'm SUCCEEDING. It's such an amazing feeling--thank you ladies for letting me share.
stella1609 is offline   Reply With Quote