Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 05-19-2008, 06:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Default Planning & Chat for May 19-25

Good morning Featherweights, it's Monday!

I guess technically it's still the weekend around here but ... I'm up and ready for work.

I have to weigh in this morning so that may set the tone for my week. I'm already out of sorts because the gym is closed today. I guess I can come up with something to do here but, it's not the same.

On Wednesday there's going to be a speaker at our gym Krista Schaus, I think it's spelled. I'm pretty excited about that too.

What's up with you this week?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 07:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up changing the goal

Morning all!

Long weekend spent thinking about stuff while I dogsit. I weighed in on my client's scale (after I found it) at 135.6 this morning. I'm about to take the dog for an hour's walk in the valley and then I'm doing the killer strength workout before heading off to cat sits.

I think there might be something to this "happy weight" theory . Mine is 131 lbs. according to the quiz and wrist measurement.

I've been struggling with getting below 130 for over a year now and it just ain't happenin' ! I think it's time to rethink and develop a new strategy. I'm starting with resetting the goal to 130. I think that will be something reasonable I can succeed at attaining .

Have a great week all!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 07:57 AM   #3  
Walking away the weight

Happy New Week

Kitegirl: two pounds is awesome

Susan - sorry the holiday has thrown your gym schedule off.

Dagmar- I am trying not to focus on my ultimate goal weight, but just the first 25 for now. But in the back of my mind, I keep wondering how I will determine my goal weight. I am going to check out the Happy Weight thing just out of curiosity.

My big plan this week is decluttering various "hot spots" in our house. One hot spot each day. But only after my power walk
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:06 AM   #4  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

Good Morning all! Morning workouts are doing wonders for me. I think I really push myself more in the wee hours. Plus it is awesome working out and not worrying about potty breaks and boo boos.

Why is the gym closed SusanB?

Dagmar There's something to be said about sort of being ok with the weight your body seems happy with....I'm ok at 115, I'd really like to get down lower and am still sort of working out for that but...if it doesn't happen, I'm happy pushing myself physically for the happy body payout. It's done wonders for my attitude...

Leigh
Decluttering! You've inspired me to do the same! TOday I am going to declutter my sewing room!

Boo ya people! Have a loverly day!
Toodles.
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:42 AM   #5  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

morning! I popped on the scale this morning even though it's not really weigh in day for me, looks like it's up almost a lb. I didn't eat fantastic this weekend but I did stay within the calories so i'm hoping it's gonna go away.

I want to go to the gym to run but I've got different meetings and appt scattered throughout the day. Not sure if I have a good solid chunk to devote to running today Maybe I can do something else to simply burn some calories.

Susan-today's a holiday for you right? enjoy!! Is it the equivalent of our Memorial Day weekend?

Dagmar-good luck with the happy weight. I def would like to go below mine but I do realize that it will be more difficult to get past the set point where my body is comfy.

Leigh-enjoy de-cluttering!! I finally got rid of the paper pile on my couch last night

Lekhika-great job on the early workouts!! I love it when it actually happens for me.
batmomm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:15 AM   #6  
Walking away the weight

Lekhika - I am happy morning work outs are working for you. I can relate to the non-interrupted time. I work out as soon as DS leaves for pre-school.

Susan - when is your normal weigh in day?

I am just posting again because I keep forgetting to post the recipe for the Cocoa-Banana shake, which someone asked me about.

1 medium banana
1 cup skim milk
1 TBS cocoa mix/powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
dash of cinnamon (to taste)
1/2 -1 C ice

Blend it all up together and yum!
Loveliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 02:42 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

We had homemade burgers last night for dinner--whole wheat bun, very low fat in the burger, non fat mayo, salad as a side...so why is the scale up 1.5 pounds? I don't get it.

I have an extremely busy week this week...eating will be a challenge at least for dinners. We'll see how OP I stay.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 03:09 PM   #8  
Changing for the better

Good afternoon....I am posting from my new job, since I haven't been assigned work to do yet Everyone is really nice though; it looks like my summer is off to a good start!

Like I mentioned in my last post, I lost my first 2lbs last week so I'm eager to maintain that trend of losing weight….I was starving by lunch today and probably would have overeaten "before," but since I packed my own healthy lunch I was fine.

The weather here is really crappy this week, so I won't be going outside for lunch and walking around, but I am planning on walking next week during my lunch hour. That way, I won't be sitting the entire day. I wish my job was more active, but unfortunately I will be in my little "cube" most of the time. It should be a good experience though!

Leigh - Thanks for the recipe! Sounds like a yummy low-fat dessert....I might try it tonight. We usually buy those banana shake mixes but this is probably better. You can also try freezing your bananas to make it frostier Or maybe add peanut butter....mmm...

Last edited by Kitegirl24; 05-19-2008 at 03:13 PM.
Kitegirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 06:19 PM   #9  

Evening folks!

It's our Victoria Day weekend.

I've been weighing in on Mondays because of that accountability thread of Meg's. I'm not fussy tho' if I see a scale, I try it.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:13 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 152/149/135

Height: 5'2"

Default weekly -

thanks for the advice about mixing up my exercise - I will try this out too

Here's my diet today:
Calories 1,280
Calories from Fat 240
Total Fat 26 g
Saturated Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 30 mg
Sodium 1,890 mg
Total Carbohydrate 233 g
Dietary Fiber 29 g
Sugars 40 g
Protein 29 g
breakfast
Blueberries: fresh, each x 12
cereal quaker oatmeal squares
Lunch
Progresso Soup: minestrone, ready to serve, healthy classics, 1 oz x 8
Dinner
Sausage: Italian pork, 1 oz
Progresso Soup: minestrone, ready to serve, healthy classics, 1 oz x 8
Beets: canned, slices, 1 cup
Snacks
Cookies: oatmeal raisin
Pears: fresh, medium, each
Yoplait Yogurt: breakfast, 1 oz x 4
bar, fiber one

other than that - it was a fine day- I worked out 47minutes with 90power x dvd and walked 45 minutes on a trail

hope everyone feels good about their day!
trailgroomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:07 PM   #11  
just a few more...

hey trailgroomer, well I certainly don't see any glaring unhealthy things in your diet. Good for you. I would think that you might want to up your protein and even your fat some(healthy fats of course).

if you go here mcmillanrunning.com/nutritioncalculator.htm

and put in your info, it gives you some different options for your carb/pro/fat ratios. 1200 calories is pretty restrictive, maybe your body needs a little more to feel safe to give up some pounds. Just ideas.

god knows you don't want to see what crap found it's way into my mouth tonight. Not sure if you should even be taking my advice
Old 05-19-2008, 11:42 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

hey all - i'll check in tomorrow and catch up on what's going on with everyone but before i get to sleep i just wanted to share that my bf's graduation weekend went quite well and aside from beer with almost every meal my intake was not too bad!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 06:17 AM   #13  

I like beer ...

Morning gals. It's a good thing there wasn't any beer here yesterday. I was sooo bummed about that weigh in. Seriously ... I ate toast with cheese until I looked like it ... plunked in front of the TV.

Cristian De La Fuente is a handsome devil, si?

I'm eating a waaay plainer food for a couple of days while I think about what's going wrong here. I see my ob/gyn tomorrow and that fitness expert is speaking in the evening. Between the two of them ... I should get a glimmer of insight.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:33 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Question Is it the weather?

I'm up about a lb. too. Cold, rainy and nasty most of the long weekend so I did stray a bit until I found the control to turn the furnace back on. It was so cold in this house that I ate a bit more just to stay warm !

And they've turned off both gas fires too. Not even going to attempt to figure those out - "ripped from the headlines" - "dogsitter and dog gassed to death in East York" - "looks accidental or was it some strange, strange, suicide pact"

It looks like a cold and rainy week here too. Ugh - not very motivating for losing weight. Tried on my shorts yesterday and they do fit but no chance of wearing them any time soon.

Everyone hang in there and for those of you in warm and sunny places I envy you this week !

Dagmar (wishing for )
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:52 AM   #15  
just a few more...

rainy here too and last night I decided to do a nice long outdoors 10 miler. I may do it anyway, be damned rain! I just had breakfast though so gotta let the belly settle first.

I seem to have evaded the pound I picked up earlier but last night I had 4 brownie bites, 2 dark choc mint cups and half cup of ice cream. That can't be good if it all finds a spot to settle on...