Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-29-2008, 03:48 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Wink Sounds great - invite me over!

marathonmom Could you post your light crab cakes recipe or a link to it? I had crab cakes in a resto once and loved them but there was some serious fat involved.

Dagmar

Last edited by Mudpie; 03-29-2008 at 03:48 PM. Reason: typo
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 07:12 PM   #32  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up Checking in....

Looks likes everyone is doing well
I have been OP all day -- even though the kids have indulged in hot dogs, french fries and oreos. BF thinks I'm addicted to this forum and my blog. Told him he'll be singing a different tune when I'm the hot girl on the bass boat this summer!!

Ilene - you are my hero. The gym on the weekend? Who'da thunk it? Do 30 minutes on the elliptical for me would ya? My only exercise has been pushing yard apes (an affectionate label my father has for "children") around on the shopping cart for an hour at the store.

MM- nice work on the 2lbs! Keep it up!

ABB- Yeah on the 30 minutes!

Dag- thanks for firing off the check in! I know that I fall prey to deviating from plan if I don't have to. Wanna report all good stuff... its motivating!!

Okay... I've taken up enough space for now. Looking forward to dinner of chicken kabobs and salad for din din and some popcorn with the family while we watch BEE MOVIE tonight. Have a great Saturday all.

KC
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 08:23 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 137.5/136/120

Height: 5'1

your not alone- I just blew it today- after 6 days of being good
jamer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 10:26 PM   #34  

Thumbs up Whew! Still OP at bedtime!

One tiny piece of birthday cake. Two vegetarian cold rolls and a bowl of lean beef and noodle soup at the Vietnamese resto, followed by an hour walking and then a mint tea at Starbucks.

Still one piece fo cake left but I gave it to DH (yes, he begged me) and am off to bed with one day of the weekend gone really well.

Good night and good luck tomorrow all!

Dagmar
Old 03-29-2008, 11:39 PM   #35  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixmom View Post

Ilene - you are my hero. The gym on the weekend? Who'da thunk it? Do 30 minutes on the elliptical for me would ya? My only exercise has been pushing yard apes (an affectionate label my father has for "children") around on the shopping cart for an hour at the store.

thanks, I love going to the gym, I'm a gym rat, it would take a LOT for me not to go to the gym regularly... I've been going to the gym for 22 years 3-4x/week... Even through my pregnancies...

Had a leg workout today...

Supper wasn't stellar, and I had a cookie while watching TV I feel swollen because of the wine and sugar but I'll drink a LOT of water tomorrow and go running ... That should fix that ...

Everyone seems to be doing really well great to hear!!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 06:27 AM   #36  

Thumbs up One day to go

I slipped on Friday so didn't weigh myself yesterday. This morning I'm holding at 135 .

I'm proud of that because last year the birthday scenario ended very differently. I bought a large cake that year . After going out to dinner and having a large dessert and tea we came back home and finished off the remaining half of a large double chocolate layer cake.

Then we ate the rest of the mini cupcakes and drank a bottle of wine.

I feel great physically this morning . I'm going out for a two hour romp/photo shoot with a lab I love.

Last year I was a wreck. I spent most of the day sitting around, just trying to get rid of my throbbing headache.

This being healthy stuff has some merit, yes?

Dagmar
Old 03-30-2008, 10:14 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 155/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Sunday am Check in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixmom View Post
yard apes (an affectionate label my father has for "children")
What a great description! I usually have a couple of those hanging about.

Checking in. Saturday was so-so. I did my hour on the elliptical and ate sensibly all day. And then there was dinner .... abut 900 calories. Holy Cannoli's!!! Hubby made loaded potatoes with sour cream, couple kinds of cheese and while I did limit my portion...Wow! I bought a cheesecake (future sil fav) and didn't check the label. So when I realized 480 a slice, I cut in in 1/2... and then in half again. I had a sliver. Seriously - I think it was about 1/4 inch wide and still 120 calories. LOL! Anyway - ended my day with under 1800 and an hour of exercise - so not too bad for a weekend
Just Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:54 AM   #38  
The Sky is the Limit!

Default On Track

Morning all. Did a weight check in this morning and have (through the commitment to this thread and all you wonderful ladies) managed to maintain so far. Even down .02lbs this morn. Going to go at it again, 1 meal at a time. If all goes well I may actually be looking forward to tomorrows normal weigh in!

Today will consist of chewing out my 18 year old if he ever gets home, doing laundry, probably monster bubble blowing and kite flying with the kids, and possibly a small birthday get together tonight.

Bravo to the early morning exercisers! Stick with it!
Old 03-30-2008, 04:10 PM   #39  
Ilene the Bean

to everyone who's staying on plan ....

Today I am doing ok... Ran 5k this morning and swam with my g/f for 30 mins this afternoon... PLUS food is right on... I may have lost weight too
Old 03-30-2008, 05:51 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene View Post
to everyone who's staying on plan ....

Today I am doing ok... Ran 5k this morning and swam with my g/f for 30 mins this afternoon... PLUS food is right on... I may have lost weight too
Great job Ilene!

I just spent two hours at a wake for one of the other dogwalkers. Stood beside a table full of cookies, cupcakes, and other treats. My hands were literally twitching but I resisted!

Four cherry tomatoes, a handful of baby carrots, and a hard boiled egg when I got home. Veggie casserole is in the oven and there are "plans" for something other than TV later so I think I'm home free for the weekend!

Dagmar
Old 03-30-2008, 07:31 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi ladies

You guys sound like your doing so good . Not that I have been terrible but I could have done better today. DH wanted a big breakfast this morning so I fixed it. And tonight we had an italian cassarole (lots of cheese) . I did do portion control though, and at lunch I almost said "forget it, I'll eat whatever" but I didn't. I thought of my "Featherweight weekend crew" and I had a boca burger and a small salad with ff dressing. So this thread is helping me .

I really don't think I lost anything this weekend, but I'm pretty sure I didn't gain either. I guess the scale will tell me tomorrow. I'll check in and let you know.
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 08:23 PM   #42  
Feelin good in my skin

Height: 5'9"

Default Light Crab Cake Recipe

My day wasn't great... but could've been worse. I didn't go off the deep end, and get a 14mi bike ride in. I also managed to get some jelly beans and animal crackers in too...

Hopefully tomorrow the scale will be kind.

Here is the crab cake recipe:
1/2 c red ionion chopped (I used 1/8 c dried minced onions)
2 T chopped fresh parsleay ( I used 1T dried parsley)
3 T light mayonaise (I used 2T)
2 t digjon mustard
3/4 t Old Bay seasoning
1/2 t Worcestershire
2 egg whites lightly beaten
1 lb lumb crabmeat drained
1 1/2 c panko (divided)
Cooking Spray

Combine first 7 ingredients and gently fold in crab meat and 3/4 c panko (refridgerate for 30 or more minutes)

Divide crab cakes into patties and dredge in remaining panko

Spray frying pan w/ pam and saute on med heat until lightly browned on each side.

Enjoy!

Last edited by Marathon Mom; 03-30-2008 at 08:25 PM.
Marathon Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 11:18 PM   #43  
The Sky is the Limit!

Default Edge of my seat

Can't wait to talk BF into cooking the crab cakes!!! Thanks for sharing.

Did good all day until tonight. Went to popular steak place here in town. Devoured my salad, only ate 1/2 of chicken, veggies (man I wanted a loaded potato), and 1/2 of my garlic bread. So hoping the scale is kind tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone and get a full nights sleep.... that always pleases the scale gods
Old 03-30-2008, 11:24 PM   #44  
Ilene the Bean

Nixmom on the will power!!

I did some tonight too ...
Old 03-31-2008, 07:43 AM   #45  

Thumbs up Thanks "Weekend Club"!

I lost a lb. and I think having all of your support on the weekend really helped me to keep it off. Hope to see you all, and anyone else who has problems on the weekend, on a similar thread next weekend!

Dagmar