Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 09-27-2007, 09:17 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 170/157/120

Hello,

Am new but this is the reason why i came back to this site...i have a terrible binging problem.And i mean really bad.I eat healthy all day then it get to 6pm and binge binge binge. I cannot stop.I think am going to try a mini goal thing of saying like 5 days no binging then i go on a mini spending spree to primark . I dunno but sometimes i get so mad at myself for binging.
stephuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:26 AM   #17  
mfb

Self sabatoge?! Tell me about it. No don't, I already know. I thought I was the only one who ate when I got close to a goal. I'd tell myself, well you've lost so many kilos what's a little binge going to do? A 'little' binge does a lot and over here a little binge can be some tasty charcouterie, I swear, just a few morsels, calorie packed, so tiny. Actually too tiny to count as really having eaten so I gorge some more in record time. Next week, surprise! Scale has gone up. Gee whiz how could that happen? I don't remember eating anything more than planned. That's dementia for you. My daughter can remember every morsel she saw me pop in my mouth and all those eensy weensy here there and every where morsels do add up to binge. Different style maybe but the calories are there. Such a relief to know others sabotage, means I'm normal, sort of.
mfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 06:10 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Talking petit fours = grande kilos

Petit fours - yummy! Eclairs, napoleons, gateaux, etc. etc . The French do pastries like no one else.

I would weigh a whole lot more than I do if I were living in France. You have temptation all around you. And it's great, tasty rich, well made stuff rather than the plastic and sugar we have.

Dagmar (one cat feed to go)
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 11:08 PM   #19  

Height: 165cm

Wow I don't feel so bad now!
I have a really nasty habit of binging, especially on fast food. Then when I'm done I'll have a box of biscuits and THEN I'll still be lookings for more.
For me when I binge, it's almost always triggered by school stress. I was at my ultimate weight this time last year but the habit of eating junk just took over.
Kellanawida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 06:15 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 140/140/less or accept 140

I'll add my confession here too. I binge frequently. I think the only reason I am not overweight must be genetics.

I really would like to get to the point where I eat three healthy meals a day with a healthy snack or two, and stop eating when I'm full. I have starting a new exercise plan and it's going very well. It's the eating that I'm still struggling with.

I'm not even so concerned with it from a weight loss perspective. I'm concerned from a health perspective.

I'm glad to see I'm not alone!
lillith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:38 AM   #21  
Failure Is Not An Option

S/C/G: 250/145/138

Height: 5ft6

Ok...continuing with the confession since i've been off plan for almost a month and eating like i'd never have a meal again. i know i won't be able to recall EVERYTHING i've had, but it includes:

A sleeve of chips ahoy, an entire entemens danish ( the big one ), dark chocolate truffles, fast food, cookies ( again ), cinnamon rolls, coffee cake...yeah. i'm the carb addict with a sweet tooth.
thinnythighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 09:44 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 120/118/108

Height: 5'1"

wow. i thought it was just me.....

i haven't binged since saturday, but that was a bad one.

3 bowls of cereal, a grilled cheese sandwich, a half box of cookies, top ramen, plus more.

i've realized it's all or nothing for me. if i eat bad that day, i figure i mine as well eat everything in the house cause i already blew it with two cookies. i know it shouldn't be black and white, but it is for me.

good to see i'm not the only one.
venusenvy571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 12:20 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 265/sig/130

Height: 5'3.5"

I found this thread, and while I am no feather weight, I have the opposite problem while I am watching what I eat. I can't make myself eat all the calories that I have alloted myself for the day. If I say 1200 or 1500 calories, I will eat 1100 or 1400. Basically try to come in under goal each time. I know it isn't healthy to not eat enough calories. Some days I only manage to eat 800 or 900 calories. I am petite and I don't do heavy exersizing. Just walking. But still I know I should eat more than that. I have a looooong way to go to reach my goal and I am so afraid of binging since I have been doing so good that I don't even want to start eating for fear of binging.
And to be honest, chronic binging is what got me to how fat I am today.
tigerente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 11:10 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 164/125/115

Height: 5'6

Default It feels good to know I'm not the only one

I thought I had the market cornered on binge eating. It's so embarassing, because if I let myself get to the point of being completely starving, I will do it in front of people (if we go out to eat or something like that). I actually went to lunch with my guy personal trainer one time. I was so hungry, I finished mine and then ate what he didn't from his meal. He was such a nice guy he just laughed it off and told me he didn't know where I put it. I always blamed it on the fact that I grew up with two brothers, and that I learned how to eat like a guy (plus when we were very little, we didn't have that much food, so everything that was put in front of you wouldn't be there long if you didn't go for it!). And I totally agree with the fear of reaching goal. I have been so close, that I stopped counting calories, planning, etc. I think I may have a touch of OCD, because the fear of losing control over a daily routine caused me to sabotage myself until I was ten pounds from goal instead of one or two.
kobe21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 10:50 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 107/107/95

Height: 5'0''

Hi. I feel like I'm in the right place because so much of what you have all described happens to me. I have a major problem with snacking while I study, even when I'm not hungry. I'm usually really good with my food choices, but it goes to waste at night. It's embarrassing, but sometime I wait for my stomach to be less full just so that I can put something in it again! I make myself uncomfortably full -- like that is the only thing that will make me stop eating on some nights.
wintersky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 03:49 PM   #26  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

I'm big on snacking as well... my solution is just to stock up on crunchy things that are extremely low-cal, like celery or carrot sticks. I also drink lots of water, which fills me up. Broth can also be good for tricking your body into thinking you're eating so you can get full without getting calories. I've been told chewing gum works for some people, but that doesn't really satisfy my craving.

Of course, just be careful that you ARE eating full meals. You don't want to do this instead of getting nutrients, but if you are zoned out studying or watching television and know you are just going to be eating mindlessly, it can work really well.
Scenestealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 07:29 PM   #27  
One Busy Mom!

S/C/G: 149/166/130

Height: 5' 4"

You know, I do the same thing. And I tell myself "Well, it's not worth it to make myself suffer seeing as it isn't working, so I may as well enoy life..." blah blah blah... that is my reasoning BEFORE I eat.... and after, I feel so down and depressed... and sometimes I keep eating because "Well, I already ate too many points..."
It's a vicious cycle.
Treighsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 06:15 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 116/113/108

Height: 5'2

I just posted somewhere else that I have a binge eating problem and was humiliated til I saw that I am not alone. It is really embarassing for me and I have done it for years. I am a personal trainer and have been obsessed with food. I am probably only 2-5 lbs overweight, but gained 4 lbs this past weekend. Any ideas on how to stop or at least keep it under control?
Rudy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 07:37 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy79 View Post
I just posted somewhere else that I have a binge eating problem and was humiliated til I saw that I am not alone. It is really embarassing for me and I have done it for years. I am a personal trainer and have been obsessed with food. I am probably only 2-5 lbs overweight, but gained 4 lbs this past weekend. Any ideas on how to stop or at least keep it under control?
I know what the theory is for stopping it. First you have to figure out why or what is triggering the binge - emotions, hunger, stress, etc. Then there are a variety of behaviours you can do instead of the binge. Easy to say - HARD to do.

I think this takes a lot of practice and probably seeing a behavioural therapist to initially identify the issues that make you binge. I tend to go with self-help books, and then modify their advice for my life situation.

But I still often find myself figuring out why I overate/binged (is that a word?) after the fact. It's progress. I used to just accept that it was a mystery that just "occured without warning". Now I can usually figure out the cause (and it's only taken 25 years ).

And I always throw out the "binge" food afterwards now. I used to put it away and tell myself I wouldn't eat it again. One day I asked myself why, if I wasn't going to binge again, was I saving this food ? It's wasteful to throw it away came my mother's voice in my head. SO WHAT!!

It's a lot harder to binge if you have to go to the store and hand over real cash money for unhealthy food. (and the cashier always gives you THAT look when you buy just cookies, ice cream, candy, chips etc.). Most times now that in itself stops me.

Dagmar

P.S. Welcome to 3FC!
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 08:43 AM   #30  
Failure Is Not An Option

S/C/G: 250/145/138

Height: 5ft6

Default Omg

Another week has passed without changing ticker weight. i just can't bring myself to do it right now.

Holidays are hard for me. i was doing really good, counting calories, exercising, and then as soon as i gave into Thanksgiving, i couldn't stop. i've pretty much binged for the past 4 days. Peanut butter cookies, crackers, french onion dip, chocolate silk pie...finally had to throw the entire thing ( or what was left of it ) in the trash so i'd leave it alone.

DH is doing good on his diet, but creeps me out a bit to see him weigh in every morning now. i, on the other hand am refusing to step on it until next Monday. Just don't need the extra guilt. DH noticed the binging and did his version of an intervention. Not that i wanted to hear any of it, but i know he was right. i have been stuck on a dieting loop for the majority of my life, and have not been able to stop and find a new path to try. Always hit 154 ( which i know is just barely into normal bmi range ), and then quit, gain back 5-10 lbs, and do the same thing all over again. If that's not the definition of insanity, i don't know what is.

If i've become good at anything, it's self sabotage. In that department, i'm an expert. But at least i recognize and admit that i'm doing it, which is a step in the right direction. Fear of success. Yep, that would be me. But, this is a new day, and a new week, and a new chance to start over again.
thinnythighs is offline   Reply With Quote