Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-30-2007, 05:56 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppins3 View Post
DH tries so hard. He just came home with Organic Kraft Mac & Cheese.

Is it whole wheat or just organic? Maybe you could secretly throw out the "cheese" packet and make your own sauce!!!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 05:53 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

That's funny ... but it is encouraging. He is trying.

I hope I don't whine very often, cuz, I'm gonna. Hot flashes, night sweats, cramps and spotting ... all in the same day. It's not fair!

Ok ... that's all. I'm gonna go get ready for work now. You simply must have a better weekend than I'm having so far
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 08:35 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 139/137/120

Height: 5'4"

Alinnell: Not whole wheat, just organic. I had two bites to see what it would taste like (pretty decent, actually -- much less "orange-y" tasting) and had a salad for dinner instead.

But after that salad, I was bad, bad, BAD with the Easter candy!! What is wrong with me? I knew that last weekend -- when I was on plan the entire time -- was too good to be true just because I was alone all weekend.

I really need to find a way to fit DH into my weight loss goals and a way to cope with our regular lifestyle. I'm thinking about telling him just not to bring home food anymore, but he gets so insulted. He says he never gets to eat things he likes anymore (since I've eliminated anything with white flour, for example).

I'm still having anxiety about eating out, and it's so common over the weekend. Today I have the bridal shower to attend -- maybe I'll be strong enough to skip the cake! -- and tomorrow we're going to play golf with his dad, which I'm sure will be followed by lunch at a restaurant. I just need to make better choices and control the meals that I can (meaning, get this Easter candy OUT of my house!!).

Still not up any weight, by the graces of God.
poppins3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:20 AM   #94  
No Sniveling!

S/C/G: 168/130/130

Good morning ladies.

Have't been up to much. Just enjoying my last few days of vacation (last night was my last night off I go back tonight at midnight). I've also been trying to "organize" my den Mission: Impossible

My eating has been pretty good and I've kept up with my exercise. I even walked outside on Thursday. I don't know why I don't do that more often. It just seems like such a big deal for me to get out there and get going as opposed to going upstairs and walking on the treadmill. I even have books on tape. As my husband said, "Oh, you've managed to find a way to read while walking."

Poppin-I know how you feel about eating out of control like that. Every time I do it (and thankfully it's less and less often now) I feel horrible and can't understand why I would ever want to do it again But all we can do is keep on trying
As far as Easter candy I did buy some for my son but I only bought him things that cannot be opened by me (well, they CAN be opened by me but it would look funny giving them to him like that! They are not just bags of assorted chocolate that I can pick through!).

Allison-sorry you are frustrated about getting below 140 I know what you mean though. In Sept. of 2005 I got down below my goal weight and then went on an Alaskan cruise and gained 5 lbs. on that and never have been able to get down there since.

Ok, better go and get my exercise done. My husband wants me to go to a car show in Del Mar with him today Not exatclty my idea of fun!!! I do have a nail appt. at 3 so we'll have to be back by then.

Have a great day everyone. Jane
greatchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:24 AM   #95  

S/C/G: Starting over

Height: 5'7"

Live and learn poppins. Good job on the salad though.

Susan. I feel for you. My body does not to hormonal shifts well.

Even just last night I was an emotional wreck. PMS I think. Either that or I am possessed by some evil being. Anyhow hang in there this too shall pass.

On to brighter topics. I got my scale in the mail. Oooh I'm a poet!

OK well 164.8 just low enough so I don't have to retreat. But I am pretty sure I lost about 3 lbs in the past 2 weeks so good job me anyway.

Pull up bar came too. Or rather the struggle really hard to jump up to the top and fall back to the ground in a crash bar. However I am all about persistance so I am pretty psyched to have it.

Sore as heck today.

Going to a job interview. Totally torn. I am in love with stay at home mom life...and in love with my old career. I am standing at the abyss between two completely different life choices. I hope I don't fall and crash on the rocks below. I told a friend and she said. "Oh thats great either way you have a really good situation." Oh optimists. Why can't I see things that way? I am working on this, but let me tell you it is a struggle.
hikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 02:37 PM   #96  

Height: 5'6

Eating this wkend: so far...so bad. Had mexican last night and went way over my calories...had gummy bears later. This morning, I planned to get back on track, but ended up eating a big breakfast. I have skipped lunch (unless 6 walnuts counts) because we are going out for dinner....maybe I will skip the scale for a few days!
michelinwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 05:53 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 157/153.5/128

Height: 5'5"

Red face annual pig cooking

Today is our town's annual pig picking with lots of food, crafts and rides for the kids. I knew I wouldn't be able to NOT eat ANYTHING so this is what I did:
1st I had a good oatmeal and yogurt breakfast (200 Calories) and then for lunch I had a best life diet recipe for mac and cheese but it really has broccoli and chicken it (I love this recipe) for 350 calories. Then a light 60 calories pudding for a snack. At two o'clock we WALKED to the pig cooking. It is exactly one mile from my house. I also pushed a double stroller. Walked around there A LOT let the kids ride some rides and then had some pulled pork with vinegar (famous delicious NC BBQ) and Cole slaw and then three of us split a small funnel cake. I stopped eating when I was satisfied and not stuffed. After we ate we walked through the craft area and then I walked home. So I walked over 2 miles I have no idea how many calories I ate there but I don't care, I feel good about myself.
Tonight we have a surprise family birthday party to go to. Which they are also having a pig cooking. I'm going to enjoy myself but I won't over indulge. I'm not going to beat myself up since I've been so good this week.
ChocoBroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 06:33 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 139/137/120

Height: 5'4"

Hmm, even though this week has had lots of struggles, I let myself enjoy the bridal shower today. The food was excellent, and I had a bit too much brie, but didn't go overboard elsewhere.

I'm going to have a very light dinner/snack later tonight and might start reading Bob Greene's book, which I just picked up at Costco.

Tomorrow is another day!
poppins3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 06:57 PM   #99  
Ilene the Bean

I didn't do anything but housework today and food has been ok so far. I may indulge in some win tonight and watch a movie with DH. It's been a sunny beautiful day here...

ChocoBroco and Poppins, you've both made some great planning and choices and you should be proud of yourselves
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 08:11 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

Ate well today, did some grocery shopping, and even managed 15 minutes on my exercise bike . I know it doesn't sound like much, but for those who know me and know how bad I hate to exercise I think I did pretty good . Anything is better than nothing, right? Oh I also weighed in and took measurements for March and I lost 3 lbs. and 1" in my waste. Everything goes so slow for me, but heh, it was motivational.

Hope everyone has a great evening!
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 12:31 AM   #101  

congratulations abbyin!! all pounds lost are welcome ones, regardless of how slow they come off
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 04:30 AM   #102  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyin View Post
Oh I also weighed in and took measurements for March and I lost 3 lbs. and 1" in my waste. Everything goes so slow for me, but heh, it was motivational.
That's really great and it's not that slow at all - you're very close to your goal weight.

Well I went out for a big chinese meal last night. I thoroughly enjoyed it and drank loads of water when I came home as per advice I've seen on here more than once. If I'm honest I've really faffed around all March and pretty much wasted it. I need to get going and have come up with my April plan which should see me lose 4 lbs.

No plans for today - housework, general stuff.
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:10 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

If 15 minutes is more .... it's fabulous and I am excited for you.

I still don't feel totally tickypoo this morning but I'm all right. Work should be good and if I get sent home after 4 hours DH wants to go to a Home and Garden Show this afternoon.

OH ... an April plan!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote