Featherweights Planning & Chat for Mar 26-31 - Page 2 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-26-2007, 01:02 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Frus~thankfully Trader Joe's always has a huge stock of fage yogurt! Can't wait until our Tescos opens--we'll see if they stock it or not.

I have the Thin for Life book, too. While reading it, I highlighted the important stuff so I can go back when I need that kick in the butt!

I've got a pretty busy day at work today, but can't do much until I get a couple emails returned (that's why I'm here right now!!!). Later today, I hope to walk down the street to the gym to inquire on family membership pricing and to see when DD's membership expires so we can just move hers into ours.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 01:56 PM   #17  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

The book I just recently finished is the "No Time to Lose Diet" with DietDoctor Dr. Jampolis (recently featured on 3FCs) -- it's less scientific & mathematical than most, but really approachable -- and lots of suggestions for improving your diet & activity.

I personally like it a lot because it's a realistic & sensible approach for busy people-- and nothing in particular is restricted or off-limits (nor does the author/doctor expect you to follow-through all her recommendations, just take away and apply what you - the reader - think is best for you and continue to make gradual improvements.)

But I'm always on the lookout for great weight-loss advice books, so will give Thin for Life a looksie (will probably hold off on buying it, though, until the holidays - planning on stockpiling some Borders Rewards holiday reward $$.)
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 01:59 PM   #18  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Height: 5'6"

Amused at all the 6-pack talk. Nice, I guess, but I don't find that particularly interesting. It's the shoulders that interest me. So the 6-packs just look a little odd and make me wonder if someone needs more calories!

Opinions? Want to concentrate on reducing the waistline measurement, so what would you intelligent losers recommend? You could call what I'm doing a combo of cardio, toning, floorwork, and I switch parts around to suit myself. Have just reached 23% bodyfat. Do you believe the cardio becomes the most important waistline component now? Or do you think the floorwork needs to be emphasized? Btw, I'm probably not going to run. Would walk briskly, might jog (assuming children in school, so a little limited). Don't really see myself running!
Whittlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 02:41 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Who says "good abs are made in the kitchen"? I find out and get back to ya.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 02:43 PM   #20  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

I believe the look of your abs comes mostly from diet. If you are eating healthily and exercising regularly, you should see a change in your waist. Core work helps to strengthen it as well. Pilates is great for that!
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 02:45 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

How's this link for plenty to think on
http://www.ironmagazine.com/article12.html
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 02:54 PM   #22  
No Sniveling!

S/C/G: 168/130/130

Good morning ladies. It's dreary here today (and a little drizzly once in a while). I got up early to go to Curves but never made it there until 9:45. Oh well, at least that is out of the way.

I think I'm going to make some eggs for me & my son. He has to be at the school by 12:30 to get on the bus for his tennis match. He is still asleep of course!

My plan for the week is to just stay ON plan!!! I've had a really rough weekend. I basically stayed within my count but not always the best choices and I just feel like I'm sick of counting I know I'll get over it and I have lots of good food choices in the house so that should help. I also feel so much better when I don't overdo it or eat crap; you think that would be enough to keep me going, but nooooo

Allison, is Tesco's something I should be looking for?! Is it a grocery store like Trader Joe's? I love grocery stores!

Ok, gotta run. Have a great day. Jane
greatchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 03:00 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatchoice View Post
Allison, is Tesco's something I should be looking for?! Is it a grocery store like Trader Joe's? I love grocery stores!
Tesco's is a grocery store in the UK and we're getting one here in the Coachella Valley. I don't know if there are plans for stores down your way or not.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:38 PM   #24  

Michelinwoman, I am conscious of the different types of fat the book describes too. Heart disease runs in my family, and apple shapes too. I'm more of a pear, but it stills makes me a little worried.

You - On a Diet has terrible jokes. I really couldn't stand them....but I did the book interesting. It wasn't ground breaking, but I liked that it was flexible.

I didn't find 300 gory. I find war movies gory. I am not a "gore" person. But I didn't think 300 was gory because all of the blood spatter was graphic novel style and not gross, plus everything was done in such an epic style, I was more amused by it than anything. What can I say, though? I hang out with a lot of guys!

I want a TJ's!!!
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 05:24 PM   #25  

Height: 5'6

I had to go to a search engine to find out what 300 even was (Guess I haven't been watching enough TV--and when I do, I TiVo and flip past the commercials). I gotta say, I DO like the pictures though...It'd be nice to go see a movie full of half naked guys for a change!
michelinwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 05:54 PM   #26  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

So far so good today. Had a good filling breakfast and salad for lunch with super yummy yogurt too.

Ilene-I have tried Fitday, but I hate recording in it. I like to write it out by hand in my journal. I have been using it for calculating calories too. But I want to try using a book, for some reason it just appeals to me more than the internet. I dunno why, but I'm gonna look around and find a book that I like the format of and has the foods I eat on regular basis... I'm sure I'll still use fitday and calorieking here and there.

Anyway I went to aerobics today and it felt so great. I always forget how much I enjoy exercise until I actually do it... then I wonder how I could live without it.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:14 PM   #27  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Tescos is branching out to the states? Because you guys don't already have the biggest supermarkets in the world? I've heard it all now - I'm just interested in knowing where that particular supermarket thinks it can exploit a gap in the market. I suppose they have to do something now they've conquered Europe.

Well I had a nasty shiock on the scales this morning - 1.6lbs up. I suppose shock is the wrong word as it intimates some form of surprise. Which there wasn't. Oh well. Stayed on plan today and made my exercise session so that's something I suppose.
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:33 PM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughnut View Post
Tescos is branching out to the states? Because you guys don't already have the biggest supermarkets in the world? I've heard it all now - I'm just interested in knowing where that particular supermarket thinks it can exploit a gap in the market. I suppose they have to do something now they've conquered Europe.

Well I had a nasty shiock on the scales this morning - 1.6lbs up. I suppose shock is the wrong word as it intimates some form of surprise. Which there wasn't. Oh well. Stayed on plan today and made my exercise session so that's something I suppose.
Yeah, I was really surprised to hear it myself! I don't think it is planned to open for a couple more years--but there was a big article in the local paper the other day. First they were going to put in a Super Target (I would LOVE that) but that got some opposition for some reason so now Tescos is going in.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:21 PM   #29  

Hi everyone,
I lost 3 lbs this past week and a half. I am pretty happy with this and am really going to work hard on the rest of the weight. The issue for me is always....keeping it off!!
A good book I have read is "The End of Diets: Healing Emotional Hunger" Its quite good and gets at the root of the problem, I think
I have to change my diet tracker, and am working on it, but if there are two up on my e-mail you will all understand why!
suerose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:15 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 177/168.5/140

Height: 5'5

Have you ever wished the earth would just come up and swallow you? I do!
lpgoad is offline   Reply With Quote