Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-07-2007, 09:39 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 145/130/125

Height: 5'5"

Nevermind...I figured it out! Now I have to go change the info under my name.
flitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 04:01 AM   #62  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hikerchick - I have the NYCB video - it's completely FAB! I love it and it used to make me sweat like a goodun' but now I use it as a "recovery" workout!

I had a lazy day yesterday, did NO workout but did tidy the kitchen big time, and I did some washing etc. Unfortunately I've just realised that I've left all my kickboxing clothes at home on the dryer but I may go in one of the many workout clothing items I have at work! I might not even be going since I feel like poo anyway! Not feeling particularly well, but I will soldier on!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 05:48 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning! I'm very encouraged by the warmer weather. It's still under freezing but ... it is warmer.
I lost track of how many kilometers I walked yesterday.
I'm off to work this morning. More colonoscope preps

Everyone soldier on ... spring is coming.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:02 AM   #64  
Ilene the Bean

Susan -- Colonoscope preps, oooh, lucky you....NOT!!! Have a great day anyways...

Keeping it short, I'm off to run
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:46 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Today, salads for lunch and dinner.
Try to stay away from the wine.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:02 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

OK, this is my first time in the planning chat - I take it that it is just a place to touch base, and publicly proclaim our goals?

Well, I had book club last night, and fell off "my program" (if you can call it a program) a bit. Nothing drastic, and most of it was real food, not sweets, but there were also some cookies consumed. So my plan today is to just to put last night behind me and get right back on track.

Tomorrow is "picture day" - by best buddy and I have taken digital bathing suit pictures of ourselves (rather humbling) to motivate us to stay on track. They've worked very well, actually - she's lost 5 and I've lost 7. So tomorrow we take the 1-month photos, and hope we can see at least a bit of improvement.
Janie Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:37 AM   #67  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Height: 5'6"

Woo Hoo flitter on one pound down! We both lost a pound on the same day.

Welcome, Janie Canuck. Very bold move taking the photographs. You'll really appreciate them as you slim.

I got in the "beginner/rehabilitative" workout yesterday, very trickily named since it is 55 minutes of sweating. You're supposed to work toward getting better and better on form, so the more you've done it the tougher it gets.

About editing question ??? - Wanted to thank Ilene for the exercise thread for Featherweights. Noticed Fru was able to just edit, so I did too (up to now I'd honestly believed you HAD to put a reason in the "reason-for-editing" space, as if it was frowned upon, so I've been intimidated! ) But edits don't bump the thread up, right? So someone will have to actuallly post to get that to happen?
Whittlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:40 AM   #68  

S/C/G: Starting over

Height: 5'7"

Hi all,

Its my run day but dh has an early work phone call so I am patiently waiting for my turn.

clvquilts, sorry if I was sounding like a running evangeleist. I have caught the bug, but there are a million ways to skin a cat. Meow.

I have been kind of lame on my non running days but yesterday I did pretty good and walked two miles. Even with all the weight lifting I am still a little weakling and the idea of carting my daughter around in a backpack or even pushing the stroller (it has a flat) up a hill....I can't believe how much I get done and still I am lazy. I am waiting to turn into a fitness animal. I think it just takes time.

Had a great weight day yesterday. Really spent some time with the eryx site (or whatever the title is....my little brain cells fight to remember).

Made the decision to split up upper body into 2 workouts and it felt great to spend more time on fewer muscle groups. I think it will make me stronger.

Tag I'm it...off for my run.
hikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:48 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 159/155.5/135

I love the idea of the bathing suit photo! Well, I hate the idea of taking it now but I know that would be a great way to track progress. I may get hubby to take one tonight.

So far so good on the food front today. I have to go to the mall at lunchtime today so wish me luck at either ignoring the tasty stuff at the food court or finding something that won't throw me way off. I'll probably do a few laps with the stroller until the babe's nap time after I take care of what I need to take care of.

Cindy
jenninca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:24 AM   #70  
Ilene the Bean

Dang it all I had a super long post and I *X*d out of the window instead of "submit reply"

Now I have to leave... I'm off to the gym to do some back workout, I've just come back from a 7k run, it was extremely cold but I dressed warmly and it was a very good run...

Pictures are a great idea, I did that a couple of years ago and WOW, I thought to myself "OMG people SEE that big a** walking away" ... certainly humbling to say the least...

Ok, i'm off and I will click submit reply this time ... TTFN
Old 03-08-2007, 11:26 AM   #71  
Ilene the Bean

Hicker -- Have a good run... Just came back from mine... -26c windchill, brrrrr, but I dressed with all my best and warmest winter wear and I took off for 7k...I'm such a turtle runner took me 55 mins to do that but hey, I love it anyways and I'm out there running/jogging... I don't know how long you've been at the exercise game but I've been at it for 22+ years and I still have days when I am a total slug ... It gets better with time and better when the kids get older, 'cause I don't care what anyone says, small children are draining... I remember THOSE days all too well...

Whittlin -- Yes you do have to post to bump a thread up... I post my exercises in a new post... I used to be intimidated by that "reason for editing" option ...

Janie There is nothing like a picture to put things into perspective... I took some a couple of years ago and OMG I thought, OMG people actually see that fat a** walking away ... Humbling to say the least ....

OMG I just found my original post and it wasn't even that long ... Later all gotta go...
Old 03-08-2007, 02:24 PM   #72  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

2Fru sorry you feel like poo - maybe it's that beef jerkey you can't seem to get enough of Hope you're doing better.

I seem to be back on plan food wise but just need to start dragging my butt through the paces. 1/2 hour here then I'm going to do just that.
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 02:31 PM   #73  
Ilene the Bean

2Fru --- Pregnant?
Old 03-08-2007, 03:20 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Oh imagine a baby frus!

Hi everybody. That was a weird aftrnoon. The surgeon got behind so I was ahead and got to watch sleeping prepped people's IV's drip for a couple of hours. Yawn!
I woulda just as soon been walking.

And Janie, yup we just talk ... I think we kinda start out planning but then we just natter on ... er ... I do anyway
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:45 PM   #75  
Carolyn

S/C/G: 146/113/110

Height: 5.1

Today, I bought my first pair of low rise jeans. I NEVER thought I'd ever own a pair. It took awhile to find a pair that fit my butt and didn't gab in the back at the 'waist line'. They're stretch demin, so if I lose more in my butt and thighs, they'll still fit. I doubt my hips are going to get any smaller.

My DH really likes them. He said I look better than when we were married 15 years ago. That was wonderful to hear since I know he really liked how I looked then.

Now, I have to get real about the little bulge above the low rise waistband and my belly button. That will keep me doing my sit-ups!

I also bought a pair of navy pants so now I have 3 pairs of pants that fit and a large storage box of pants of every size between 6-14. If anyone's 5"1" and needs some, I could ship them to you.

Next, I'm going to have to order some shorts from L.L.Bean for our vacation in Florida in 2 weeks. We're going to visit my parents for 5 days.

Dancing was fun last night. We took a lesson in Country Two Step, which I can do if I count out loud the whole time. Then it was the West Coast Swing party. Just like the last 3 Wednesday nights, there were more guys than gals so I was asked for every dance. Even though I go with my husband, I try to dance with the other guys because I learn new steps, or at least have fun laughing at myself as I trip through some of the quick turns.

Had a nice walk. Tuesday's snow is melting and the birds are singing more. There were two yellow crocuses in our yard this past weekend.
clvquilts is offline   Reply With Quote