Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 09:29 PM   #61  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I love Lost--I look forward to it all week; that and Men in Trees. But I wish they'd put Sayid in more storylines; enough with the Jack, Kate, and Sawyer love triangle.

Good thing it's Wednesday, too, because I need a little pick-me-up. My trainer did all my measurements and body fat % and of course everything was up since the last time we did them, which was before the holidays. I knew everything would be up, but even so... Oh well, I'm sure I'll feel better tomorrow.

On a happy note, I finally got contacts and worked out today with them for the first time. So very cool to actually be able to see and not have to deal with pushing my glasses up my sweaty nose every minute.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:08 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 145/130/125

Height: 5'5"

Default new here

Hi! Just seeing if I have my profile set up correctly at this point. Looking forward to reading the posts and posting.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:12 AM   #63  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hello everyone!

Quilter - OMG I love that cranberry orange jelly piece. WOW! Your work is fantastic and not what I'd thought at all! I really like the blue one with the VHS cassette (is that what it is?) but I really like the ones that aren't rectangular!

Barbara! Hip hip hooray for contacts! They make life so much easier!

Hi flitter - I like your grumpy pig avatar! Very sweet!

Well news from the Frus front - I skived boxing last night. Naughty Frus! My legs were really hurting from the weights I did on Tuesday, and they're STILL hurting really really badly today! Even with 2 servings of crunchy L-Glutamine in my shakes! We stayed in and watched a DVD.

Is anyone watching Heroes? I've seen up to about the 12th episode and I'm getting really annoyed with it now!!! I want answers already goddamit! I think the concept would've made a great film, but I'm sick of how it's dragging on and they should really GET TO THE POINT! If lost was anything like that I'm sure I'd hate it!

IE is going really well. I feel really satisfied, and I feel like I don't have to plan every meal at 7am and make stuff and pack a huge bag with 4 different types of protein (maybe that's because I've got a stock of stuff in the fridge at work... ) and worry that I'm getting enough meals and stuff like that. It's very free-ing! I've got some chicken breasts in the fridge that I can whack in some pittas that I've got in the cupboard if I get really really hungry, like at lunchtime. I've also got some hummous and cucumber for snacks and some roast chicken nibbles and Greek yoghurt and oats and there's always Tesco down the road if I need anything else! Just having a good day!

I weighed this morning and while I am 174, and I've been hovering around 174 for a while, I was 176 last week the day after boxing. Possibly because of water in my aching muscles, but if my legs are anything to go by, I'd say there was about 2lbs of healing water in there at the moment, so perhaps when my muscles have settled from being overworked there might be a small loss. Anyway, I'm not tremendously bothered about the scales since I feel happy where I am and I can look good in my (UK) size 12 skirt which is spray-on tight, and my tight little top and some heels!

I've also come to the conclusion that I don't NEED to work out every day (DUH) that rest is good too! You see I've taken a week off kickboxing due to my knee being bad. Then I've decided that since I wanted to start training at the boxing gym on Wednesdays that I would not go kickboxing on Tuesdays. This week I didn't train Tuesday or Box last night! And I'm happy with that! I know my body would benefit from some rest and I know that I'd be really worn out for my advanced sparring class tonight if I worked out last night! I've taken a bit of a step back and I feel really chilled and NORMAL A NORMAL Frus! Whatever next?

So yeah, life's good, I feel balanced and don't feel like I need to rely on fitday or stress overly much if I miss some workouts for a good reason and I know that on my IE plan, that I can eat fish and chips if I really want to! I walked past the chip shop yesterday and went, "Ooooh, I can eat those now!" And of course I really always "could" but yesterday I said to myself, "Well actually I'm not hungry enough for Fish and Chips and the last time I ate chips I thought they were too greasy, so I won't get any!". Which is HUGE!

Anyway, enough ramblings! Hope everyone has a good day!

Just keep on keeping on, keep chilled, and remember that this is forever, not just till goal. Make peace with yourself and your life and your plan and go forth and be healthy!

Last edited by 2frustrated; 03-01-2007 at 05:57 AM.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:15 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning!
Hi flitter ... the pig is cute. Tell us more about you and make yourself at home.

My poor DH has a terrible headcold. I'm sure he's sleeping poorly ... and so am I ... oh the snoring! So, I'm up.

I do have to go to work eventually. I'm doing colonoscope preps today.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:53 AM   #65  
aka Superwoman!

Mmmm nice mental images there Susan! You just about put me off my hot chocolate!
Old 03-01-2007, 05:59 AM   #66  

Was is sugar free?
Old 03-01-2007, 06:07 AM   #67  
aka Superwoman!

Of COURSE it was - fat free sugar free taste free!
Old 03-01-2007, 06:13 AM   #68  

I'm anxious for the scale this morning. I don't know why, it was not kind yesterday ... odd fixation.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:36 AM   #69  
No Sniveling!

S/C/G: 168/130/130

Good morning everyone. I'm up early today since I had the night off last night! I just have to go back to bed at 6pm to sleep before work tonight.

Just exercise, cleaning and laundry around here today. I know how exciting that sounds!!!

Went to the parent meeting for my son's school tennis team last night. The never ending rounds of tennis matches begins! He loves playing so much though so I don't mind. At least now that he has his license I don't have to do any running around for practices just show up at the matches.

Hope everyone has a great day. Jane
Old 03-01-2007, 11:21 AM   #70  

S/C/G: Starting over

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone,

Nice quilts clvquilts!. And gorgeous studio. I have a thing with art studios. Too bad I am not an artist. Maybe one of my kids will bless me with artistic talent. My daughter (2) is pretty obsessive about her art supplies. She will take crayons and pencils to bed with her sometimes. But I digress.

Step away fro the scales ladies. Fru you are so fit, I get tired just hearing your routine though I have to say you are an inspiration. Fit is much cooler than light (though light and fit would of course be nice too) and looking good in a size 12uk skirt... what more could you really want? Well there is always size 10... Loosing pounds is fun and satisfying but the most important thing is to loose fat. It would be nice if that were easier to measure so we could track that instead of weight.

Welcome flitter

Yeah I think it would be impossible to address everyone in the thread. My brain just broke trying to remember all the things I had planned to say. (I know there was more...I tend to remember in when I am out on a walk). But I don't mind if anyone forgets about me (I have such a bad memory I probably won't even remember it)

Oh I did remember one thing. Blue I am so jealous of the personal trainer. That sounds like fun and a great way to be held accoutable. Oh and from like a week ago...congats on the personal best time on 6 miles. I can't wait to be able to run that much.

My husband was teasing me today about how I am really smart in some areas and really dumb in others. My son comes to my defense. "your not dumb, just not smart" I said "in what area am I not smart in?" "well your memory" he says. So you see I have a medical excuse.

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 03-01-2007, 11:45 AM   #71  
Carolyn

S/C/G: 146/113/110

Height: 5.1

Default It's my b-day and I'm happy

Today marks the 5th day in a row of my week’s goal to be active. Since the South Jersey weather is warmer today, in an hour my husband and I are going to pump up our flattened bike tires and go for a ride. He gave me the best card b-day this morning.

Allison – You’re only 7 pounds away from your goal, you’ll be down to 1 pound away very soon. You’ve broken that hard 10 pound barrier.

Old 03-01-2007, 12:03 PM   #72  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Height: 5'6"

I am going to start responding in Word first because there are a lot of posts lately!

First, thank you all for your kindness about my new number in the tens column! I had NOT thought of the drs office scale thingie but now am determined to avoid the 50-pound switch if possible! LOL! now how much do I need to lose to compensate for my clothing? And what if the scale is off a half-pound!!!

Welcome to flitter, Tina and Canadian!!!! I’m with Carey in not understanding which thread is gone why, but we’re so glad to have you.

Fru, great attitude toward scale and toward those helpful days off.

Enjoy the contacts, Blue. Quite stylish.

Congratulations, hikerchick. "through all kinds of weather"

Ilene, triathlon success!

Susan, there’s always SOMETHING that’s not supposed to still be in my dryer, but it’s usually right when I’m taking a wash from the washer (darling son has active social life and knows Mom will fold!).

Artmaker, you will be a great teacher, and it’s so good you have that feeling it’s what you really want to do – actually some of the T-Tapp concepts can really help older exercisers.

Hmmm... ... frozen hair would bother me.

Doughnut, good job on the food choices.

Allison you must be such a good cook!

Carolyn, yes I totally enjoyed looking at your inventive art quilts with great surface design! Cool! Lately I redeem vintage or orphaned quilt blocks/parts and incorporate into quilts, usually hanging but lap-to-twin size. Interesting to think - we probably use some of same media to head in different directions. Old pieces can be amazing, but often wonky/crooked, so I work somewhere between tedious stitching and maverick re-think!

Yesterday I got in my full standing video workout, today will be an off day and Friday I’ll go back to more floor work I imagine. Each of 3 days for 50 minutes, so I’ll hit my 2.5-hour mark again this week. I’m guarding my newfound 149 mark like a hawk.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:09 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Jane~my DD and I are in National Charity League, and our chapter does a Kids on the Block puppet show for the 3rd graders in one of our local school districts. The puppet show teaches the kids what it is like to have a disability and hopefully it will teach them to be compassionate for kids with disabilities (rather than make fun of them). We do 2 schools each Wednesday morning for about 8 weeks a year.

Happy Birthday Carolyn!!! I checked out your site--you have some beautiful work! And my ticker may say I'm 7 pounds from goal, but that was last week. I'm back up to 143 again. Ugh.

I saw this thing on TV last night--a boot camp for exercise. You sign up for a 4 week session and it meets 3 mornings a week at different parks in the area (you sign up for a park near your home). Then, depending on the session, you show up and the Drill Instructors put you through the paces for an hour. Sounds really interesting. I just don't know.........check it out and tell me what you think (balancedtrainingbootcamp.com)

Not much going on here. It is colder than usual, but it is supposed to heat up by the weekend. The wind here has been horrible, but I think that is all over with for now. Busy day for me, work and then a board meeting tonight plus errands all over during the work day.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:16 PM   #74  
Carolyn

S/C/G: 146/113/110

Height: 5.1

Default If you could see my art studio on an average day...

Hikerchick wrote "Nice quilts clvquilts!. And gorgeous studio."

If you could see my art studio on an average day, it's a mess. I've got framed Quilted Paintings stacked up along the walls. My two work tables are piled high with various projects and my 2006 tax info.

I have had Techno Jam: Cranberry Orange Lime up on one of the design walls for way too long and Cyber Chick: Shops the Internet on another one that hasn't been touched in over a year.

My paint supplies are in the dinning room along with my ironing board.

My desk/computer area is over run with bills, paperwork, and postcards to art receptions.

This week, I've been playing with a fantastic book & CD called Virtual Poses Duo. Naked models were posed in 35 classic portraits as they stood or sat on a large lazy susan. They were then photographed as they were rotated 360 degrees. With the click of the mouse, I can rotate them around until I like the angle to draw them at.

I'm thinking of doing a whole series of nudes. I'm not sure yet how much quilting will be involved. It might be reduced to a gesture line, or I might go with trapunto which pads the figures out into a 3-d form.

I had a solo in October of the Quilted Paintings and have had an artistic slump since then, but I've got a contract somewhere on this desk for another solo in 2009, so I've got to start producing again.

2Frustrated wrote "I really like the blue one with the VHS cassette (is that what it is?)"

Yes, that's Mixed Media: Black & Blue. There's also an 8-track cassette of the Moody Blues' "Go Now" that I ordered on ebay for $2 because it has a blue label. The point of the Mixed Media series is that none of our various media work together and it drives me crazy. The underlining theme of the Computer Collages is various emotions. Black & Blue is a node to depression as well as a color study.

If you go to my Studio page at http://www.clvquilts.com, you can see a trio of the Mixed Media pieces and how they work together.

Old 03-01-2007, 02:09 PM   #75  

S/C/G: SW175/CW159/GW145

Oh Quilter, love the sound of that book and CD....I always start a figure drawing or painting class and then something interferes...that sounds like a way to make it happen. Will have to check it out at Amazon. Or do I need to go someplace special to find it?

Question all.....when you say you are at 1200 calories a day, for example, is that before or after you subtract out exercise? For example. If you ate 1500 calories worth, but worked off 300 of them exercising, would you say that it was a 1200 calorie day or a 1500 calorie day? Just curious.

All well here....had a good back/biceps/abs workout this morning, then played with my Glides (round fabric circles that make a slippery surface on the floor) and did alot of twisting and shimmying around....thought of you, SusanB, with your dancing....did the same thing with the glides under my feet to some techno music...it was a good cardio workout.

Tonight I observe a yoga/meditation class at a senior center with the possibility of teaching....so nice that things are starting to happen.

Allison, that sounds like a wonderful thing you and your friend are doing. It must be very gratifying.

Hikerchick, isn't it amazing the wonderful words that come out of our kids mouths. Sometimes its a lucky thing we love them. My grandbaby's been going around telling everyone how "mommy poops on the potty like me".

Allison, there was an early morning bootcamp going at the Bally's I used to work at....people seemed very happy with it....there were always people signing up and going....tho' I noticed that the attendance seemed to whittle down as time went by....but that's true of all classes

Barbara, congrats on the contacts.

Fru, sounds like you are mellowing out....glad you are feeling so good about life.

Hi to flitter. Welcome.
Closed Thread