3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   Featherweights Planning for February 26th to March 4th (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/105558-featherweights-planning-february-26th-march-4th.html)

Clytemnestra 02-25-2007 03:59 PM

Featherweights Planning for February 26th to March 4th

Hi all!

I don't feel like I've really been around long enought to be entitled to do this, but no-on had started a new thread and I'm desperate to post!!!

I've had a really good first few days (I started on Wednesday)! I'm really just concentrating on not drinking wine or snacking in the evenings, as I've given up alcohol for Lent. I was originally going to weigh myself every week, but now I've decided to not weigh until Easter, mainly because I get so discouraged when I've been "good" and the scales are not kind to me, and find it hard to carry on; but also because I think this is partly about instilling good habits, which is a goal on its own.

I'm so glad that the Featherweights forum exists. I'm not dealing with a large amount of weight, and I appreciate that some of the ladies on here with a lot to lose might think that it's trivial; but I've been dealing with it (or, I guess, not dealing with it) for a long time.

I hope no-one minds that I started the thread, and I'm looking forward to hear how you've all been doing.

2frustrated 02-26-2007 04:38 AM

:wave:

Hello!

I'm doing something different at the moment - Basically, S*D fitday! :rofl: I'm trying intuitive eating. So far I'm feeling like it's ok - the scales reckon it's going ok too. I'll just have to see how it goes now I'm back in the gym :dizzy:

srmb60 02-26-2007 08:44 AM

Good morning my friends! Nobody cares who starts the weekly thread as long as somebody does. It's very encouraging to me that someone wants to. We're happening gals!

Today is a good day for me to pick myself up and dust myself off. I worked a miserable mix of shifts over the wekend with a social finction mixed inbetween. Sometime on Saturday, I started sneezing and by yesterday was whipped! I worked and slept ... that's all. So since yesterday was a blur ... today really is a fresh new day.

2frustrated 02-26-2007 08:51 AM

Pick yourself up dust yourself off and :coach: HIT THE GYM!

I just went back for the first time in over a week and I feel GREAT! I did a pretty extreme weights workout that I thought would take the whole hour, but it only took half. So I ended up rolling around on the floor for a while doing rolls and breakfalls and headstands. :D

Super-Frus is back :hyper:

alinnell 02-26-2007 09:51 AM

Frus~be sure to tell us how that intuitive eating goes. I'm sure I probably practice the same thing--I only eat when I'm truly hungry. However, there are times when I make dinner because the family has to eat and I may not be too hungry, yet I eat a whole meal. I mean, come on! I did all the work, I should reap the benefits, too!!!

artmaker 02-26-2007 11:18 AM

Morning all! Fru, intuitive eating is supposed to be the way to go....if you can really tune in to when you're hungry and when you're not. I have such a bad case of Mouth Hunger that it wouldn't work for me.

Had a really good weekend. Accomplished alot in cleaning the house and especially my art studio...make enough of a dent that I can actually do my art work. Did alot of shoveling yesterday with all the snow we got in DC....tho' it should start to disappear today as the temperatures go up. Got two dishes made and packed up for the week, and I'm trying to use napa cabbage instead of pasta/rice/bulgar/etc. as my carbs with the dishes. Found it was very satisfying when I tried it last night, even tastes good heated up.

Other than the shoveling didn't do much exercise, but this morning started in with my planned routine and felt really good....got in a great lower body workout.

SusanB, hope you are feeling better today.

Clytemnestra, glad you are doing so well. It makes sense to wait to weigh in....the scale can be so distressing if it doesn't live up to your expectations.

Allison, are you trying to justify eating when not hungry???? Maybe if you give yourself a smaller plate, it will satisfy you psychologically while not indulging your need to reward yourself for your labors (grin).

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Hope everyone else had a good weekend.

hikerchick 02-26-2007 01:12 PM

Howdy Gals!

Running in the rain is a bit like working out in the shower, except you are still smelly afterwards.

I am beginning to like it.

Today was 8 million times better than my last run. I mean my legs actually moved. Last time it was like they were on strike. I think I wasn't incorporating enough rest in my routine and my poor little legs were telling me that they had had enough. (I had been doing a full lower body workout on every run day and I think it was just a wee bit too much)

They are still sore and a little complainy about what I am doing to them but they haven't gone to full out rebellion. I think if I thow them a bone now and then they will cooperate.

And pooh is doing fine as long as I give him a little fruit and yogurt now and then he stops insisting on honey and condensed milk (I have been seriously enjoying organic non fat plain yogurt, who'da thunk)

And just to make everything even more cheery I get to move that dang armadillo down one more tiny pound. Took him long enough. But I keep repeating "slow and steady wins the race, slow and steady wins the race...."

Susan I hope today is much better for you.

I can totally understand wanting to cook your own delicious food Allison. Its a dillema but as its in moderation I think treating yourself to a little food is ok. It all depends on how much and how often. But I am sure you know this, you have done so well.

Artmaker I am always so jealous of artists who have art studios. I don't know why but it sounds like such a refuge. Glad you got some good cleaning done.

Clytemnestra, Good job putting that scale away. I am considering the same thing but it has become such a routine and I am a creature of habit.

Fru, good luck with the intuitive eating. I have gotten into this funny routine where I decide that I am done counting calories and then at the end of the day I get worried and log everything into fittday. Course my measurements could be a bit off but not by much since my bowls are tiny. I think it is something that I will have to slowly wean myself from.

I think the big danger would come if I had a day where I ate a forbidden food. You know it is pretty dang hard to over eat no fat yogurt cottage cheese salmon and carrots. But give me a slice of pizza and all intuition would just fly out the window. Maybe I should just stay away from pizza. Ya think?

clvquilts 02-26-2007 01:51 PM

Feb 26-Mach 4th week

My goal this week is to be active each day. Due to a switch in medications, over the past year I've lost 46 pounds of the 50+ I gained while on another medication. I'm currently at 114 pounds and I'd like to lose between another 4to 9 pounds. (I'm only 5 ft tall)

The switch in meds changed my eating habits for the better. The old med made me constainly extremely hungry and I craved carbs and sugars. No matter how much I ate, I was still stomach aching starving.

On the new med, I just want to eat vegetables and whole grains. I'm filled up quickly and now have an adversion to sugars - and I was a chocoholic my entire life!

PS It's my 46th b-day on March 1st

alinnell 02-26-2007 01:58 PM

I actually got on DH's case last night at dinner. I had made Cooking Light's Chicken Enchiladas with spinach cream sauce. Wow, how yummy!!! And quite low in calories and fat. Anyway, I doubled the recipe because the in-laws were coming for dinner, so I knew I'd have 2 extra portions (original served 4, doubled is 8 and there were 6 of us eating it for dinner). DH wanted seconds. I told him NO. Emphatically NO! Because if he had had seconds, then we wouldn't have leftovers for our lunch!!!! How bad was I?

Hiker, I am still envious of you running......I didn't even get out for a walk this weekend.

Susan, I agree. It is often my mouth (tastebuds) that want the food rather than my brain. However, I also rationalize it. We always eat at 7 PM, even if I'm not hungry, and I know that if I don't eat, I'll be hungry at 8 PM and then will I want to reheat anything? Sometimes I feel that it would be better to eat and enjoy the time with my family rather than putting it off until later.

BlueToBlue 02-26-2007 02:41 PM

Yesterday I achieved a new personal best in running--6 miles in one hour! Guess it's that new Ipod...

Intuitive eating just doesn't work for me. For one thing, I am a bottomless pit, so I can eat A LOT of food before my "intuition" tells me I'm full. And then I'm always doubting myself--am I really hungry--and end up feeling guilty about everything I eat. I'd rather just plan out an appropirate amount of calories for the day and eat what I planned; then I don't have to feel guilty and there's a lot less angst involved.

Susan - so sorry you were feeling sick, I hope you are feeling better now.

Hiker - I'm not sure how much stretching you do after running but I find that making sure I've really stretched my back and legs out well helps significantly with the pain after I run. I stretch for at least 10-15 minutes, all back and legs, which is at least double the time I stretch after working out in the gym. I was lucky to get a break in the rain long enough for my run yesterday (or I would have gone to the gym--no running in the rain for me); sounds like the weather gods weren't as kind to you.

Doughnut 02-26-2007 02:50 PM

Hi everyone - it's great to see everyone start the week so positively.

Clytemnestra - I'm the same as you about those damn scales and they kind of rule my life which is dumb. I had a big sulk at the weekend because they weren't doing what I wanted. Fortunately Dana talked me out of it and today (official weigh in day) I'm 1.2 lbs down. I'm chuffed because that's a proper half stone now and because I haven't seen 151 since last year.

2Fru - good luck with the intuitive eating plan :)

Mami - it was great to see you back in the featherweights forum at the end of last week's thread. where ya been?

Have a fab week everyone. :carrot:

greatchoice 02-26-2007 02:59 PM

Good morning! (at least for a few more minutes). I worked some overtime last night from midnight-9:30 am. I stopped at Curves on my way home. I have to do that before I come home to sleep or I'd never get there.

Clytemenstra-Good for you on having a good first few days. I only weigh once a week but I wish I wasn't even that much of a slave to the scale.

2frus-I've heard alot about the intuitive eating. Did you read that book? I don't think I could do that though. I can eat ALOT of food! I find when I plan my food esp to bring to work and just eat what I brought I'm fine. I think if I didn't have that restriction I would go hog wild.

Susan-hope you feel better. I work crazy shifts too so I know it can run you down sometimes.

Allison-I'm kind of on an eating schedule too esp on my work days. Usually when I make dinner for the family I'll sit with them while they are eating but I don't eat because I go to bed soon after so I can sleep before work so I don't want to eat a big meal.

Artmaker-my friend makes lasagna with cabbage and she loves it and her husband even likes it too. I keep meaning to try it.

Hikerchick-Wow! I'm impressed that you run in the rain. I'm even just impressed that you run :D I really wish I was a runner. I never even walk in the rain because I'm always afraid I'll be cold. I'm afraid of the cold!!! :flow1: haha, just kidding! (kind of ;)

Clvquilts-46 pounds!!! That is magnificent :cheer2:

Barbara-Congratulations on your personal best running time :carrot:

Ok, I'm off to go take just a short nap since I actually have a night off tonight.:cp: Talk to you all later. Jane

meg on a mission 02-26-2007 04:06 PM

Hello Everyone!
I hope you all are having a great start to your week! After a foot injury kept me from running last week, I had 2 great workouts over the weekend, and am looking forward to another tonight!

Clytemnestra- Good for you avoiding the scale until Easter...I'm impressed by your self-control, as I am always tempted to peek (I weigh in once a week)
2Frus- I am also an intuitive eater, and it's the only thing that has worked for me. I counted calories for so long and would get obsessive about it to the point that it took over my life...so no more of that! Let me know how it's going!
Susan- I love your positive attitude! I am trying to learn how to pick myself up and move on when I have a bad day instead of harping on it for several additional days...
Barbara- I also consider my Ipod essential to my running...it makes such a difference, doesn't it?! :D
Allison- I know exactly what you mean about the leftovers! Haha! I often wrap up the leftovers before my fiance has a chance to get seconds so I'm sure I will have lunch the next day...how rude of me! ;)
Hiker- I'm glad your run went well...there's nothing more frustrating than having legs that feel like molasses and just wanting to get a good workout!
Artmaker- Sounds like you had quite a productive weekend! It's always a good feeling to have a clean space to work in!
Clvquilts- Happy early birthday!!!!
Doughnut- CONGRATS on the weight loss!!!
Jane- Have a wonderful night off!! And kudos to you for getting to the gym after work...I probably would have passed out :dizzy:

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

sweet_talker 02-26-2007 04:23 PM

Wow there's lots of people to catch up with and a few names I've never seen before. Miss a week, miss a lot I guess!

I read through all the posts but I really don't have time to comment personally as you all are diligently doing right nowwww...I have to write my english paper which I neglected over reading break :faint:

I hope you are all doing well and keeping busy. I admire all the focus on exercise, as I've not got any intentional exercise since I've been away, though I was probably walking at least 5k a day...it wasn't on purpose.

I'm trying to do a short list of things in my eating this week:
- 2L water
- a fruit or vegetable (usually both) at every meal
- no grain unless its whole, no baked goods
- no candy, fried foods and especially no cookies

I am off for now but will back soon byeeeee

Doughnut 02-26-2007 04:50 PM

Well I guess I'm feeling chatty tonight.

Meg - thanks! I've just noticed for the first time how much weight you've lost already. You must be feeling pretty good about yourself by now.

Carey - welcome back! No mention of Montreal? How did you get on?

clvquilts :wel3fc:

OK - I've found this :sklol: on the smilie list and I'm now totally freaked out.