Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 05:17 PM   #16  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Height: 5'6"

My goodness, you all look wonderful this week! Just look at you!

Glad to hear that some discouragements have been reversed!

artmakerSusan, no, although I have 6 of the T-Tapp workouts I don't have T-Tapp Arms. It's good to hear such a high compliment for it, though, because I've been known to put the workouts on my wish lists! I got LadyBug for Christmas.

I did the Basic workout and the Floor workout today for a total of about 50 minutes. Feeling great!

Going to concentrate this week on more fresh eating and getting enough sleep. I'll do 3 workouts of at least as much as I did today.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:41 AM   #17  

That skeleton one is weeeird, Doughnut. I like and ...I think they must have added new ones because there's lots on the "Smilies" list that I've never seen beforeee.

Montreal was AMAZING!! I had such a blast. I guess I forgot to mention it in here 'cause I talked about it in the College Chicks forum and didn't want to ramble about myself tooooo much. It was a gorgeous city was a great nightlife and I miss being there. I reaaaallly went off my diet plan though. Lots of food, sweets and alcohol I went out (to a bar or club) almost every night. All with my best bud too!!!

I'm thinking I should up the number on the ticker but I want it as a reminder that I was at 136 and need to get back there ASAP. I don't have a scale, but I know that I was 136 in Calgary and ate/drank my way to at least an extra pound. Do you gals always change your tickers right away??
Old 02-27-2007, 04:32 AM   #18  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hello all!

Everyone seems to be doing well! Well done to the running ladies! I'm just waiting another week or two to be sure that my knee is 100% fine before starting training again. Planning a Marathon in October so that 1) I have enough time and inclination to get my long runs in at the weekends and 2) That my knee holds out. Or should I say, that my training plan is gradual enough so that I don't wreck it again!

IE is going well - I listened to my hunger last night and I've started a really intense weights plan so I was hungrier than normal yesterday. Unfortunately I ate my last snack quite late which then threw me off breakfast this morning. I made a protein shake and brought half to work with me. Anyway, now I'm hungry again, so I think it's time for an apple or something and a nice cuppa. I'm only half-heartedly checking the scales. The thing about IE is that, well hang on a minute... If you're eating when you're hungry and listening to what your body wants then... shouldn't you be MAINTAINING???? so I'm going to see how it goes for a few weeks, then adjust down if I can bear it! Or swap some higher cal foods for some lower cal higher fibre foods. I checked this morning and they're not up as much as I expected them to be after my weights yesterday, so I think that's a good thing Anyway, most of my clothes fit, and I still feel good and even though there's a couple of pooches of flab in some places I'm not worrying over much, specially since I am actually just about the same size as I was 7lbs lighter.

So the plan for today is nice heavy weights at lunch, then a good sit-down tonight at the theatre. I'm taking Tuesdays off kickboxing just for a little while. I seem to have lost my MMA mojo! Well last night I was doing some fast techniques in class and I actually felt like I could do some proper training myself, but I think I will wait until I'm dying to get back. I don't want to burn out. I'm feeling quite blah about it at the moment.

Oh and another thing about IE - DH and I eat out a LOT! We're always wandering around town and either get a sandwich or go to a pub for tea or whatever and with this IE I feel more in control. I know it sounds silly, but before I'd never know how many calories were on my plate, or in a sandwich, but now I just think, "Well how hungry am I? Sandwich hungry or a big bowl of creamy pasta hungry?" And usually I'm sandwich hungry and we have a sandwich and that's good and I won't eat until I'm hungry again. Whereas before I think I used to think, "Blow it, I'll have a big plate of creamy pasta AND chocolate cake!" I think this might work for me
Old 02-27-2007, 08:38 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning my friends! I am feeling much better, thank you all!

I'm having oatmeal for breakfast this morning. There was something about a slimey shake sliding down my cold ravaged throat yesterday ... ew! I seriously couldn't do it.

Where's that Meg? You have lost 30 lbs my friend ... keep that in mind. You know how to do this. If you ever feel that slip-slidin'-off-plan-for-a-few-days starting ... come here! Go post something in the One Reason I'm Staying On Plan Today thread ... and then read some more.

Now I'm going to read some more because nobody is gonna knock me off course today (well short of not being able to breath or bleeding). Picture me stomping my foot!
Old 02-27-2007, 09:12 AM   #20  
Babysteps

S/C/G: 174/144.8/130

Good morning all!

Susan- good to hear you are doing well...oatmeal sounds like just the right thing for breakfast...I love it, and was eating it for awhile with some almonds stirred in...YUM
All is going great here. I am on day 7 of no bingeing (which I have struggled with since high school), and I am feeling very, very positive...this forum and the Chicks in Control forum have been essential to my success. I feel accountable, and reading on here has stopped me from falling back into my old patterns more than a few times
Had a mediocre run last night...my legs felt a bit heavy, which is my signal to back off a bit and let them rest. So, today's plan is yoga, then some walking. I love yoga days

Take care everyone, and have a great day!
Old 02-27-2007, 10:29 AM   #21  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Ahem. Calming down now. New number in the "tens" column, that's all. Nothing to get worked up about.

Carey, this is the way I feel about it. My trend is down. I accept the scale's opinion when it agrees with that, and consider a pound down a true change. I do not accept the scale's opinion when it is only reporting a fluctuation (in other words, up). I just make a mental note but don't write it or report it anywhere.

Fru, I wouldn't be surprised if there's actually more than 7 pounds of the "new you" that doesn't show up in measurements. I have the same measurements and am wearing the same clothes that I wore when I was 10 pounds lighter (but less fit). You will be golden in October.

meg, 21 days and a new habit is formed (at least according to some researchers) so you may be 1/3 of your way to having it become second nature to you.

Glad to hear Susan is feeling better. My dh is having a lot of stress right now in his work and ready to punch something.

clvquilts, I'm new here and think you're new too, so Welcome. I love quiltmaking.

There was chat about artist's studios. I have a tiny quiltmaking studio but when the project is large it becomes more of a closet for the real work going on in another part of the house!
Old 02-27-2007, 10:36 AM   #22  
No Sniveling!

S/C/G: 168/130/130

Good morning. I actually had the night off of work last night and slept for 9 hours!!! I feel very rested this morning.

I am taking my car in to get the 50,000 major service and I had planned to go for a long walk, out to eat and to stop & buy someone a baby shower gift but it's been raining all night and doesn't look like it's going to let up so I guess I'll just come home and walk on my treadmill.

Carey-I don't have a ticker but I do WW at home and once a week I always record my weight on their web site, well not for everyone to see but it's my own personal account. But if I had a ticker I probably wouldn't change it if the weight was from something like your trip or right after a huge holiday eating, etc. but if it was just my normal eating & I went up then I'd record it.

2frus-we eat out way too much too (too,too or to,too? geez can you tell my dad was an English teacher when I was growing up?! who else stresses so much about grammar? I know! We eat out way too much also!!!).
I had a question about a marathon. It's 26 miles, right? Approximately how long does that take you to run? And do they have bathrooms along the way?

Susan-way to get back on track. Hope you keep feeling better. I REALLY wish I liked oatmeal. It's so good for you. I have tried every kind and with all different kinds of things added and I just don't like it so I gave up!

Meg- Way to go on not bingeing

Ok, guess I better get up and do something. I go back to bed about 6 pm to get some sleep before I start work at midnight. Jane
Old 02-27-2007, 10:38 AM   #23  

She's under a new ten's number!!! Now you just say "Oh, I weigh a hundred and forty something ..." Sounds good, don't it!
Old 02-27-2007, 10:40 AM   #24  

Oops, hi Jane!
Old 02-27-2007, 11:00 AM   #25  
aka Superwoman!

Oh WTG Whittlin!

Jane - too, too! (My Mum told me if you can say t' then it's one o, and if you can only say too, then it's two os! So I'm going t' the shops, so one o, but we eat out too much, you can't say we eat out t' much (unless you're a yorkshireman!) so it's two! Or we eat out a lot too.. You can't say we eat out a lot t'. Can you tell I get anal about grammar and spelling? I just rejected some job applications because they couldn't spell and one of them had the cheek to try and tell me they were good at communicating!

Anyway.... Yes 26.2 miles actually! And according to Runner's World calculations it will take me 5 and a half hours based on my current half-marathon time. Yes I am a slooooooow runner but at least I'm doing it! I don't know if you get bathroom stops, but from the half marathon I didn't need to go since you are generally sweating all the water out anyway even with water stops and things so I doubt I'd need to go, apart from nerves!
Old 02-27-2007, 11:12 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Good morning everyone!!! I'm getting a bit of a late start today. Not that I got up late, I just waited until I got to work to get on the 'puter.

sweet_talker~I'm up, too. I was down as of Friday and it all crept back up until yesterday, then we went out to dinner and I'm up another pound today from that. Yikes. Glad you had such a nice trip

Jen~IE does kind of sound like a maintaining kind of thing. Keep us appraised of your results with it!

SusanB~glad you're feeling better!

meg~7 days without a binge, that's great!!

whittlin~WTG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jane~no rain here, just super high winds. My patio furniture was all over the yard when I got up this morning. The clouds are dark, but you know what they say? (It never rains in the desert!)

Are we going to have some grammar lessons? Someone please tell me the rule on the lay, lie, laid thing!!! I always get that one wrong!
Old 02-27-2007, 11:21 AM   #27  
aka Superwoman!

lay is past tense, "He lay down."

lie is a verb, I lie down, he lies down, they lie in a big heap after eating too many doughnuts.

laid is what chickens do to eggs! Past-tense of the verb. I laid that table very well. I laid DD down to sleep with her favourite teddy bear! The hen laid an egg.

Ok I'll shut-up now, and take my big-head somewhere else...

EDIT: Oh and something else... So if you say I am going to... it's lie. I am going to lie down. I think I might need a lie down after all this
Old 02-27-2007, 11:29 AM   #28  

S/C/G: Starting over

Height: 5'7"

Whittlin, It is so much more than being 140 somthing (although that is of course great too) But what is even better (and I am sure you have thought of this) is when you go to the doctors to get weighed they don't have to move that dreadful extra 50 lb thing over.

I was just thinking about that 50 lb weight the other day. And you made it.

We must be psychicly connected. But I am catching up to you with all the speed of an armidillo so you'd better watch out!

Susan, glad you are feeling better.

Blue, we are on the same wavelength. I upped my stretching yesterday to a half hour. I am a good little stretcher if nothing else. I think more strength in my leg will help (as i get stronger) and periodic rest. My legs don't quite know what to make of this running thing but I think they will get used to it.

I had more to say but all the excitement about whittlin hitting 149 pooped it all out of my head.

You are a bunch of rockin' chicks.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:36 AM   #29  

I had a lovely walk this morning. A few nice snow flakes falling, not much wind ... mmmm .... nice.

I can never remember my lay lie etc ... I usually say I'm having a nap
Old 02-27-2007, 11:40 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Jen~thanks for the lesson. I may have to print it out and carry it with me LOL!

I have a friend who has a daughter who has a Univ. professor who has a dog....and the dog only responds when someone says "lie down." If you say "lay down" the dog ignores you!
Closed Thread