Old 11-05-2007, 11:13 AM   #1  
The Keymaker

S/C/G: 328/250/160

Height: 5'7

Smile Phase 1 "Detox" - Progress Stories

Greetings to my fellow Smashers!

What is up with the forum lately? It's like a Ghost Town.
Anyway, I am entering day 8 of Phase 1 and I thought it would be a nice motivational tool to talk about everyone's experience and progress in detox.
Even those who have moved further into the program...
I know that Phase 1 can be the most difficult because you are the most limited with food choices and have many questions along the way.

So I thought I would share my journey so far. This is my third time attempting the FS Diet. The first time I made it to day 5 and I came down with bronchitis, so I was not able to follow the detox because I had to have my chicken noodle soup!
The second time, I just don't think I was motivated enough to follow it.
This time I've been really motivated and I think it has really helped me to have a diet buddy along the way. Even though she isn't following the same program, we email each other daily with how we are doing and feeling. Plus we made a little contest to see who could lose the most weight by Thanksgiving. It really helps to hear from someone who is going through the exact same feelings and difficulties as you.

Anyway, I have not been as dedicated to my exercise program, so I only worked out twice this week. I have, however, been very strict about sticking to exactly what the food portion stated. I've learned to love beans! I did my weigh-in this morning and lost 6 pounds! I'm very happy and proud of my progress. Just seeing those numbers is motivation to keep going. Plus, I'm so excited about adding lean meat and seafood as of Wednesday for Phase 2.

So let's hear those stories people!
Old 11-05-2007, 02:33 PM   #2  

Height: 5'11"

Default Progress

ok, I think I am going to just erase yesterday and call this day 8. I did peek at the scales Saturday and I had lost 5 lbs. So far so good. I only excercised one day, the day I had Volleyball and Karate on the same night but I plan to excercise more.
I have volleyball tonight and Karate on Wednesday night this week.

I really enjoy this diet so far and I have felt like it's an easy one to follow. Thursday when I go to lunch with my friend, we have a Thursday lunch date each week, I can have some chicken with my salad.

Progress: So far so good once I delete Sunday .

Ok Jess, we are officially on the same day. I hope some others will share, I look on here everyday that I can to see how others are doing.

OH YEAH! PS. I tried the Sweet Potato fries and baked them with diced onions, I thought I hated Sweet Potatos but I loved these. I guess I don't hate them, it's candied Yams or Yams that I don't like. Try the fries, they are goooood.

Last edited by AlittleBitOfMe; 11-05-2007 at 02:35 PM.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:41 PM   #3  
The Keymaker

Wink Just maybe

Well that's great! We can try to keep up with each other. Don't worry about your tiny moment of indulgence on Sunday. That's the beauty of the program. You just do an extra day of detox and it's like it never happened.

So I think that I might actually try that recipe. I've seen it before and wasn't sure about it because I've never liked sweet potatos. But if you said the same and you liked it with diced onions, I think that I'll try it.

Come on Smashers! We need to hear from you!
Old 11-05-2007, 06:58 PM   #4  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

I am following this 4 week program that was in the womens day magazine they are calling it " Ultra Fat Smash" I dont think I have it as hard as anyone on the extreme fat smash because in this one you can have fish and chicken. Ive done very well with it, this is day 4 for me and I have lost 4lbs. Thank god.. I have exercised everyday except Sunday,yesterday, I had a HUGE HARD test to study for, for work, so it was a little more important Anyways.. so thats my little store so far, the only complant I really have is, I cant have my veggie burgers because they have cheese in them, and I cant have my morning start broccoli bites either. Hmm.. oh well. I have also been getting mild headaches, well for the first 3 days I did anyway.. none yet today
Old 11-07-2007, 06:16 PM   #5  

Default I survived

I survived phase one and I actually enjoyed most of it. I am down 5 lbs, I know not as much as others but I suppose it could be because of the thyroid problem (Graves Disease). I can't think of any other reason, other than my one bad day, I followed it perfectly. I had a salad today with a small amount of lean Turkey and provolone cheese, that was nice. Here we go phase 2. Oh and I'm thinking about getting a Diet Coke tonight, I can't decide, it's so nice to have gone this far without one but I really am missing it.

How is everyone else doing?

Shar
Old 11-07-2007, 11:43 PM   #6  
The Keymaker

Red face Woohoo for Phase 2!

Hey Shar, congrats on your 5 pounds. Why are you not as pleased with that? That is a big accomplishment! I lost 6 and I was so happy!

I'm loving the meats in phase 2. Last night we had baked chicken breasts with lemon pepper and they were so yummy. You know, I haven't really been missing the soda that much. I honestly don't care much for diet soda. The only thing I LOVE is Dr. Pepper and I know that I can't have that. So I've been doing water bottles all week and adding those grape flavor packets in them. No calories, no sugar, tastes like kool-aid!

The thing that I really REALLY miss like crazy is the snacking. None of the foods we are allowed are snacking-type foods. My creature comfort was always sitting on the couch and snacking on cheese crackers or bbq chips and I miss those so much.

I've been making due with my brown rice cakes, twice a day, but it's not the same. Doesn't satisfy that emotional hunger.

I think I'm going to try to make those sweet potato fries tomorrow night since everyone is raving about them.

Keep up the good work!
Old 11-08-2007, 07:49 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/170

Height: 65.5 inches

I am starting day three of Phase 1 today and I am craving meat so bad. I had become addicted to turkey burgers and Italian turkey sausage so I can't wait unil phase two. I was planning to go to the farm today so think I will try the sweet potatoe fries hopefully my kids will like them as well.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:50 PM   #8  

Hey Jess, 6 lbs is awesome. I am happy about the 5 lbs, and happy about phase 2. I am going to lunch to day with my friend who just started, she is in phase one so I will eat the same salad I had last week probably, the one that is phase 1 friendly. I guess I will wait and see when i get there since I have more options now.

tjjsmom, I think after today you will notice you don't have as much cravings. You will like the Sweet Potato fries, I don't even like sweet potatoes and I loved them. I cut them up with some onions and rolled them in a bit of olive oil and then baked them until they were crispy. I noticed that the days I put black beans and boiled egg whites on my salads that they went further in making me feel satisfied. I found a recipe on spark people for a 5 bean salad that looked really good, maybe I will post it over here, I bought some stuff to try that and the cowboy caviar that is phase 1 friendly too. I like to make stuff like that and just put it over my salad.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:08 PM   #9  
The Keymaker

Talking Yes!

Ok, so I know that the title is Phase 1 Progress Stories, but I'm keeping it going. Week two is now over and I just did my weigh-in this morning.

I lost another 3 pounds! Woohoo!

I know it isn't a lot, but a loss is a loss and I'm happy with that. 3 pounds closer to my goal, right? Plus, I think it's a bit on the low side because of that time of the month, which sucks.

Keep up the progress stories, everyone!
Old 11-12-2007, 03:04 PM   #10  

wow congratulations, that's great. I was always the one with all the motivation until lately. I blew it this weekend so today I am doing phase 1 and tomorrow I'm going out of town so I will try to stay close to phase 1, then I will finish the week with phase 1. Maybe I will go back and forth who knows but I am trying to get right back on the program. This is odd for me because I am usually the one who just gets in there and does it.

It's still a phase one progress for me..lol. it's phase 1 1/2. It's easy so far today to just get right back into it though, thank goodness.
Shar
Old 11-14-2007, 10:09 AM   #11  

i'm midway through the second week of the EFS -- so i don't know if it's exactly the same as the "detox" -- but i do feel like i've detoxed for sure.
i've lost about 4 pounds. sure, i wish it was more, but my body feels way less bloated, i have a ton of energy and i am really adjusted to the lack of food.
i know that if i exercised more i would lose more, but i am pleased with my progress so far.
before starting this diet i was tired all the time (from all of the glucose/sugar/carbs, etc) i'm sure. now i have more energy than i've had in a very long time. to me that's as important as losing a ton of weight.
i'm just anxious to get under 200 again -- ugh, that horrible number.
well, here's to a good day everyone.
take care.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:46 PM   #12  
Groovin' Granny

S/C/G: 253.5/250.5/150

Height: 5'4

I would like to say congrats to all. I started phase 1 then was sick with the flu for over a week so I am starting again. I had lost 3 pounds by my 3rd day so I sorta expected about a pound a day. I stick to the plan and work out at least 6 days. Anywho, i am in serious need of a buddy who is following the same program. I did see the one in Women's Day but wanted to get away from meat.

So I have started again - today!
Old 12-08-2007, 12:02 AM   #13  
juicinjudy

S/C/G: 133 currently/goal 115

Height: 5'3

HI!4Skinny Jenny I restarted Phase 1 MON the 3rd Your doing better than me I haven't exercised every day.I also need to space my meals better thur the day
I hope to do better next week I'm suppose to weigh myself on Wed.I don't think I lost any weight I hope I lost a few.I usually weigh myself every day it's been hard not to weigh myself but I'm waiting till day 10. I will probably stay on Phase 1 for a while.Please let me know how your doing .Keep posting
Old 02-02-2008, 11:54 AM   #14  
1 day & 1 pound at a time

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Hey Congrats to everyone..I know phase one is sort of a shock because all your eating is fruits and veggies. So Kudos to everyone!!

I started last week and today will be my 8th day. I know i'm not suppose to weight myself until the end of phase one but I was tempted. To be honest I was shocked..I had lost a total of 7 llbs. I try to exercised 6 times out of the week. I made my mind up to go for a walk everyday to the nearest plazza and then back home (it takes me about 20 mins back and forth). When I get back home I jog around my room for another 30 mins.

To be honest i'm more motivated now than I was when I started. This will be my 2nd time around on the FS diet.. my first time the farthest i've gotten was day 6 of phase one then i gave up..lol..yeah i feel bad for that but hey it happens...

Again Congrats to everyone for making it this far!!!!!

Last edited by breathe me; 02-02-2008 at 11:57 AM.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:05 AM   #15  

Today is day 3 of Phase One for me. This is my first time doing FS. I like it, I just wish these caffeine withdrawal headaches would go away. I haven't done any exercise yet. I will try to get out today. Other than the headaches though, I feel good. I should have tapered off the caffeine before I started.