Old 02-27-2008, 01:15 PM   #1  
*My blessing is IZRAEL*

Default I think I did something horrible!!!

Ok, I had to make a mad dash to the grocery store since I had to take my lunch an hour later due to a stupid meeting at my job. I was so hungry! I grabbed the Morning Star Grilled Original Veggie Burger....I started scarfing down 2 patties, but as I was eating it, I noticed it was kind of greasy! WTH?? I kept telling myself its a veggie burger so it should be ok, but I felt very horrible about eating it. I know we are supposed to watch out for "bread" in the patties, but I didn't know how to read the ingredients to figure it out. Will it just say "bread"? Here are the ingredients:

TEXTURED VEGETABLE PROTEIN (WHEAT GLUTEN, SOY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, WATER FOR HYDRATION), EGG WHITES, CORN OIL, CALCIUM CASEINATE, CONTAINS TWO PERCENT OR LESS OF MODIFIED TAPIOCA STARCH, ONION POWDER, CANOLA OIL, TRIGLYCERIDES FROM COCONUT OIL, HYDROLYZED VEGETABLE PROTEIN (CORN GLUTEN, WHEAT GLUTEN, SOY PROTEIN), DEXTROSE, SALT, SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE, AUTOLYZED YEAST EXTRACT, SUGAR, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS FROM NON-MEAT SOURCES, CARAMEL COLOR, CULTURED WHEY, MALTODEXTRIN, GARLIC POWDER, SPICE, CELLULOSE GUM, DISODIUM GUANYLATE, DISODIUM INOSINATE, SOY SAUCE (WATER, SOYBEANS, SALT, WHEAT), VITAMINS AND MINERALS (NIACINAMIDE, IRON [FERROUS SULFATE], THIAMIN MONONITRATE [VITAMIN B1], PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORIDE [VITAMIN B6], RIBOFLAVIN [VITAMIN B2], VITAMIN B12), SESAME SEED OIL, CELERY EXTRACT, SOY LECITHIN.

Why do they make these things so difficult to understand???? I have no idea if this is ok or not for Phase 1 of the fat smash diet. Please help me! If this screwed up my diet, I'll be PISSED!!!!

Old 02-27-2008, 01:53 PM   #2  
A loser losing happily

S/C/G: 280/ticker/180

Height: 5'6

Okay take a deep breath. Don't be discouraged on your diet. I have no idea what the ingredients mean, but I think that you are fine. I am surprised that your veggie burger was greasy though.

I did the Fat Smash diet and one of the good things is that he talks about messing up on the diet and getting right back on it. Even though I don't think that you messed up all you have to do is make sure that you are right back on plan.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:00 PM   #3  
*My blessing is IZRAEL*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavinni View Post
Okay take a deep breath. Don't be discouraged on your diet. I have no idea what the ingredients mean, but I think that you are fine. I am surprised that your veggie burger was greasy though.

I did the Fat Smash diet and one of the good things is that he talks about messing up on the diet and getting right back on it. Even though I don't think that you messed up all you have to do is make sure that you are right back on plan.
Ok...you made me feel a lot better! I think its just the smell and the grease that got me paranoid! It smells like meat and the grease was just odd...I'd really like to lose at least 10 lbs by the end of this 9 days...I hope I can. I just don't want anything to mess it up for me! Thank you for your input! I really appreciate it!
Old 02-27-2008, 02:07 PM   #4  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Ten pounds is an awful lot to expect in nine days. Even if you did lose ten pounds, it wouldn't be ten pounds of fat. There's no way you could possibly burn an extra 35,000 calories in nine days (it takes a deficit of 3,500 calories to lose a pound of fat), above and beyond what you normally use in a day, to lose that much fat.

Take it a day at a time - a meal at a time if you have to. You're in this for the long haul, and if you want to keep the weight off permanently, you have to learn good habits now while you're losing that will take you into a successful maintenance.

There're no wheat ingredients in that product you chose, if that makes you feel better.

Kara
Old 02-27-2008, 02:25 PM   #5  
*My blessing is IZRAEL*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandkara View Post
Ten pounds is an awful lot to expect in nine days. Even if you did lose ten pounds, it wouldn't be ten pounds of fat. There's no way you could possibly burn an extra 35,000 calories in nine days (it takes a deficit of 3,500 calories to lose a pound of fat), above and beyond what you normally use in a day, to lose that much fat.

Take it a day at a time - a meal at a time if you have to. You're in this for the long haul, and if you want to keep the weight off permanently, you have to learn good habits now while you're losing that will take you into a successful maintenance.

There're no wheat ingredients in that product you chose, if that makes you feel better.

Kara
I now its kind of a large amount, but I got that figure in my head when I was reading the Amazon reviews for the book and most people had lost around 10 lbs so I got a little excited! I'll be devestated if this doesn't work for me. But the good thing is it is showing me how to eat properly for life, you're right about that. I kind of feel like any little ingredient will mess up my detox phase! It is comforting to know you can always get right back on track. I'm trying not to be so paranoid!
Old 02-27-2008, 04:40 PM   #6  
I can do it!

S/C/G: 446.8/ticker/170

Height: 5 foot 7

I lost 20 pounds in a bout a month and most of it is water, probably only a few pounds were fat. You'll feel better regardless of if the weight is water or fat, losing that initial water weight helped me to be mobile. I am also much heavier than you so your weight loss will go much slower than mine will.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:03 PM   #7  
Visualizing the Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotmama1983 View Post
I I'll be devestated if this doesn't work for me.
You absolutely cannot be devastated if you don't lose ten pounds in nine days. I forbid it! If you lose two pounds in nine days, that is an incredible start! Every pound is one pound closer to goal. Even if you stay the same weight and learn something positive about eating healthfully, that is an excellent accomplishment! Don't set yourself up for failure thinking, "If I don't lose ten pounds in nine days I'm going to quit this whole weight loss thing I've got going!" We want you to stick around! That's an awfully cute little guy you've got in your avatar and he makes me smile every time I see him!

Kara
Old 02-27-2008, 11:51 PM   #8  
*My blessing is IZRAEL*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandkara View Post
You absolutely cannot be devastated if you don't lose ten pounds in nine days. I forbid it! If you lose two pounds in nine days, that is an incredible start! Every pound is one pound closer to goal. Even if you stay the same weight and learn something positive about eating healthfully, that is an excellent accomplishment! Don't set yourself up for failure thinking, "If I don't lose ten pounds in nine days I'm going to quit this whole weight loss thing I've got going!" We want you to stick around! That's an awfully cute little guy you've got in your avatar and he makes me smile every time I see him!

Kara
lol!! Thank you! I needed to hear that! I just finished my "Ab Bootcamp" Tae Bo dvd I got in the mail and I also got my fat smash audiobook too!! I feel much better now though. I appreciate your encouragement and everyone else's! It really helps! Thanks for the compliment on my son too! He was cheering me on during my workout! lol!
Old 02-28-2008, 07:22 AM   #9  
Visualizing the Goal

How old is he?

My one and a half year old "did" Walk Away the Pounds with me the other day. She was so cute, marching in place and kicking!

Kara
Old 02-28-2008, 11:27 AM   #10  
*My blessing is IZRAEL*

^^^He just turned 8 months a few days ago! He knows how to clap his hands now so he was doing that! lol! It as funny! I can't wait till mine is walking and talking! He is so heavy right now! I think 1 will be a fun age although I'm kind of sad he's getting bigger.... That's ok though. lol.

Oh, I listened to the Fat Smash audiobook today and it was funny because a lot of the things I was doing it spoke about. Like not comparing your weight loss to someone else's and getting upset if you don't lose as much as you want right away! I listened to the whole thing and I'm about to listen to it again while I'm here at work. I did peek at the scale once and saw that I lost 2 pounds, but I'm not gonna do it again until the 10th day like it suggests!
Old 02-28-2008, 02:51 PM   #11  
Visualizing the Goal

Aw! I've got three kids - 6 year old son, 3 year old daughter, and 1 1/2 year old daughter. What fun! I'd love to have a little cheering section like Izrael!

Kara
Old 03-02-2008, 04:00 PM   #12  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

HOTMAMA... I live on Veggie burgers, and I ate them all through P1 I get the boca original veggie burger though, they are way better I think
Old 03-03-2008, 07:08 AM   #13  
*My blessing is IZRAEL*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillnicole03 View Post
HOTMAMA... I live on Veggie burgers, and I ate them all through P1 I get the boca original veggie burger though, they are way better I think
Yeah, I think I like those better too cuz they weren't greasy like the other ones I had! I've been eating them a lot lately!