Old 08-31-2009, 02:43 AM   #76  

What I mean is how does the challenge work?
JaneLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:37 PM   #77  

Salaam & ramadan kareem

I've always stuck to a high protein diet during ramadan and it's helped me lose weight. Well it's actually not any different than I normally eat. I use lots of egg whites in my cooking (no yolk, its all cholesterol). I assumed since fasting causes your metabolism to slow, that you should eat less sugar I don't know if it's correct, but it works for me

I never eat the "huge iftar" dinners, or keep eating all night, because it hurts my tummy. I don't like dates, so I usually just break fast with a glass of fruit juice or some grapes.
Vani11a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:22 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 189/181/139

Height: 5'3"

Janelee, just hang in there. One day at a time and if you messed up then just put it in back of your mind and move on and don't dwell on it. Use this month to pray for guidance and for strength and willpower. I know you can do it! If you were busy running around runnning errands, you were still active so that counts for something.

It is just very hard to fit in exercise. You say it has been three days! So far this whole Ramadan I have only exercised once! But I have been on my feet doing things the whole time so I only sit down at night, I figure that has to count.

I also follow weightwatchers to keep track of what I eat and my activity points and that really helps. This is the month I am using to stay strong and on track and follow a plan. Perhaps you can try that. I just saw a commercial that said one month is free (the online tool which is what I use).

Good luck, I know you can do this!
sarajabeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:27 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 189/181/139

Height: 5'3"

Okay and I have to post my little victory...ready?

This week (official weigh in day, Monday) I lost 4 pounds!!!!! WOOHOO.

See if I can do it so can everyone else (I have horrible binging, junk snack fooding habits) but I am really praying and hoping that the discipline of Ramadan will help bring me back to focus. The weightwatchers has really helped too. I keep track of what I eat so I know I am not overdoing it and I am determined to have some level of activity every day--even if it is not official exercise.

YEAH! I am so happy. I feel so in-control.

Thanks everyone for being so supportive on this site and to just know that there are others going through the same thing as me in Ramadan.

Okay, have to go, more later.

Sara
sarajabeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:08 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 150/128/125

Height: 5'8"

Congratulations Sara, that's just awesome!

I had my weigh in on Monday too and have lost 5 pounds so far this Ramadan - so exciting! It makes me even more determined to continue as I have. Exercise, eating just enough to feel satisfied (and not horribly full) and a religious food diary are all really helping. Can't wait until next Monday.

Also settled back inat work and teaching while fasting is not nearly as hard as I thought it'd be which is a huge relief.

Keep going strong everyone
Tagan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:19 AM   #81  

Way to go Sarajabeen!

Yeah I kinda been harsh to myself lately. I'll just dust myself off and try try again. I havent lost weight since Ramadan but I've been able to get off with less sleep and am now quite awake when I got up at 5am! I've never been able to be up at 5 so that's quite a progress. I must give myself a pat on the back. And even though I havent really lost weight, my clothes are looser now and I feel much better overall so that's good too.

Focus on the positives more. That should be the way.

Jane
Old 09-05-2009, 05:23 PM   #82  
live ur life

S/C/G: 236/230/150

Height: 5'8

...where are you ladies? = P
caliyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 05:24 PM   #83  
live ur life

S/C/G: 236/230/150

Height: 5'8

no major losses for me so far...i've basically been maintaining my initial loss in the beginning of ramadan. i started working out again. congrats to everyone on their losses
caliyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 01:58 AM   #84  

Hi Caliyah,

Good that you've been working out again....and l think my weight have hit a plateau...its not dropping!

Jane
Old 09-08-2009, 05:10 PM   #85  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

Salam Girls, sorry i've been AWOL. computer problems.

but now i have TOM so will be absent from this thread for a week.

i havent lost any weight since starting ramadan, but then luckily havent gained any weight either! so that's good!

you all are doing great!! well done

JaneLee don't worry! forget whats in the past, it doesnt matter. what matters is what you do today.

Sarajabeen AWESOME on losing 4 pounds, thats fantastic!!

Well done Tagan47 on your 5 pound loss, thats brilliant!

Caliyah- well done on your maintenance!! that's super too!

Janelee I know my weight has platued too, but i am just going to keep working out hard and imagine Jillian or Bob shouting at me hahaha i have to see some weight loss at the first biggest loser weigh in!!

but thats great that your clothes feel looser, maybe you have lost weight but it wont show on the scale yet, and then you will see a big drop! well done on maintaining your weight and waking up at 5am!! you rock

Last edited by Echo; 09-08-2009 at 05:12 PM.
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:51 AM   #86  

Thanks Echo!

Oh does anyone use any supplements? I just ordered the Acai berry drink and pills online, has only started taking them 2 days ago. I dont feel significantly different. Thought they are suppose to have antioxidant qualities and allows weight loss so I thought I gave it a shot. Is it cheating to use supplements to help you lose weight cos I really want to see that scale to shift a little.

I need a little motivation to get out of this plateau haha.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:16 PM   #87  

Either my scales needs fixed or my eyes needs checks cos I did my weigh in today and I lost 12 pounds since my last check on Monday! Woohoo! Is that water weight but I dont care cos that's just a push I need to keep going....I am so excited I feel like on top of the world...Truly amazing...

Now fitting into those dresses of Eid doesnt seem impossible anymore LOL

Come on everyone, we can do this!
Old 09-10-2009, 09:02 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 150/128/125

Height: 5'8"

Wow JaneLee! And here I was celebrating another 4 pounds lost in the past week. That's amazing

I just can't believehow quickly Ramadan has gone. I've really enjoyed it. Things are busier at school though which has me exhausted by the end of the day. Doesn't matter, I'm sleeping great!

Thanks for the congratulations Echo. Been keeping an eye on the forum without posting and it's good to see you back after a while away

Great job everyone!
Tagan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:02 AM   #89  
Chubby Chick

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5,4

asalamu alaikum

just a little update. I've been doing good al humduillah. although i haven't been exercising like i should have been. but mashallah i still managed to lose some weight this weight.

at the beginning of ramadan my weight was 231.4 now im done 6lbs to 225.4.

my biggest concern is if i'll be able to keep it after ramadan. last ramadan i lost weight then right after i gained the weight back. so inshallah i'll keep on losing weight even after ramadan.
helwa588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:09 AM   #90  

Hi Helwa588,

Yes, I am kinda worried that I might gain back the weight after Ramadan too!