Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-10-2005, 01:27 PM   #31  

Good Sunday afternoon everyone!

I did the walk/jog dvd and the walk/kick dvd this morning. (I figure that together they must be about 4mi.)

July miles = 22.
mrs.beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 05:08 PM   #32  

Smile

Happy Sunday everyone. We're getting a lot of wind and rain from Hurricane Dennis, but the power has stayed on, so I was able to do a 3-mile WATP. So my July miles are up to 12.5 now. Yesterday I did upper, lower and ab work.

Dinah
Dinahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 10:31 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Mrs. Beasley - I would count what you did yesterday as as 4.5 miles The walk & jog tape is 2.5 miles, and even tho I've never found on the Walk & Kick tape what it is suppose to be equal to, it has to be at least 2 miles.

Good for you girlie - that's a lot of walking and jogging and kicking! YOU GO GIRL!

everybody is doing great!

I went to bed early last night so I woke up on my own before 5 am this morning.

Did the 30 minute Walk & Kick video

July Miles = 4
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 12:25 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 160/149/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning,

You guys are awesome!

I have 11 miles in so far this month (goal is 32 miles). I also got in a 45-minute swim last Friday. I bought a podometer for myself as a reward. Now I just have to figure out how to read it, etc.!
Cindy_Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 10:30 PM   #35  

Smile

Cindy, you will love your pedometer. Just make sure you measure your stride right. You might have to adjust it a couple of times. For instance, my sister and I walk together sometimes and we have the same pedometer but we were showing different distances. So I had to re-calibrate mine. You could also check it against a measured distance like a track.

I did a 4-mile WATP. It's called Fat Burning and she has the instructors from her studio exercising with her. It's very good and has some interval jogging in it. I did a little of the jogging, but I have to be tender with my feet. It also has 15 minutes of leg/ab work at the end.

So, I'm up to 16.5 for July! Look out, Mrs. Beasley!!

Dinah
Old 07-12-2005, 03:20 PM   #36  

Hello everyone,

Looks like you're all doing well with your walking. Keep it up!!!!!

Dinah -- I think you'll surpass me rather quickly as I probably won't be doing much walking for the next several days. I have been having a problem with my lower back -- last month on the right side, now it's the left side. This morning I could hardly walk across the room it hurt so bad. I'm hoping that if I relax a bit that it will go away. If not, I have a dr. appt. in a week or so and can ask about it then.

Hope you all are having a great Tuesday.
mrs.beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 03:37 PM   #37  

I did 2 miles this morning

July Miles = 6
Old 07-12-2005, 08:46 PM   #38  

Mrs. B, I'm so sorry that your back is bothering you. I hope it is just a temporary thing and you can get back to walking soon. Take it easy, though.

I did a 2-mile dvd - walk and burn or something like that. I'm at 18.5 now.

I'll be traveling for my job the next couple of days, so I won't be walking again until probably Friday.

Dinah
Old 07-13-2005, 09:57 AM   #39  

I did a 30 minute 2.5 mile Walk & Jog video this morning

July Miles = 8.5
Old 07-13-2005, 10:36 AM   #40  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Good Morning Gals...

Hi Mrs. Beasley, we had Beautiful weather over the weekend, but this morning when I went out for my walk it was miserable!! Joe & I went out at 5:30am thinking it would be cooler... NOT!!! It was 75* and so thick with humidity that we couldn't breathe - so we cut it shorter then usual this morning. It looks and feels like rain, but we get nothing and really need it!

How are you these days?? Working hard I see... You go girl!!! Did you fall asleep okay after the late night workout? I cannot workout late at all - it DOES keep me awake! Awesome job!!

Awww, I just read that you are having problems with your back, sweetz... I hope it's not serious and that you feel better soon!!!

Hey there Trixie, you are doing GREAT! 8.5 miles in so far... And you have super goals posted! Wishing you success I think you should be very proud of yourself and your efforts... you deserve to go to the YMCA as much as the people you know do!! If I were there, I'd give you the Biggest HUG!

Hi Cathy, up to coming by my place to clean You are a cleaning machine!!! I bet that you get in to what's equal to at least 2-3 miles (if not more) of walking with your cleaning!! Good for you!!! You have a logged 8.5, but I bet it's much higher then you know...

Hi Dinah, what a trooper you are!!! With hoping that H-Dennis doesn't knock out your ele. so you can exercise - I'd be hoping it knocked it out so I had an excuse not to... 18.5 MILES girl!!

Hi Cindy Gail, you are doing GREAT as well 11 in for the month already! You'll make that 35 in no time!!

Time for me to get movin' ...
*Smiles*
<><

JuLy MiLeS : 13.75 miles

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 09:31 AM   #41  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Love the little dragon Sunny. That brightened my day today

I got in 1/2 a mile last night. Had to walk at 9:30 to avoid the heat but it was nice. All I had been doing since my birthday last week was eat cake. Ugh. Now that I'm 30 (gasp! ) I really need to start taking better care of myself.

Oh, I'm not sure how to count it but yesterday the power went out in our office and they let us go out to jobsite to stay indoors so we walked this huge high school that our company designed. We walked for 2 hours inside and outside. Then we went over to a new elementary school and walked for a little while. It was awesome. I've never gotten to go "out in the field" before. Well I'd better go.
shoequeen69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 09:55 AM   #42  

hey there walkin buddies!
sorry I've just been running in and out of here. It is crazy busy at work so I'm just posting quickly. Looks like everybody is doing good! keep up the good work!

Did 2 miles this morning

July Miles = 10.5

hugs,
cathy
Old 07-15-2005, 07:34 AM   #43  
I can and I will do it!

Hello to everyone, I would love to join you with your walking. I started walking in June and I am now addicted. I walk our high school track before daylight since this Texas heat gets going early. I followed SunnyD over here, read the post and feel this is a great place to be for some accountability.

Look forward to meeting everyone, takes me awhile to get name straight.

Have a great day....Diane

Miles walked in July:29
candlelady4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 11:23 AM   #44  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Good Morning Walkers!!

Hi Cathy, it's okay that you don't post to each of us...
I am just glad to see you popping in when you are able! (((Cathy)))

Hi Diane,

How wonderful to see that you have joined us!!! This is such a great group of gals
And everyone is very active, so we pop in when we are able. It's great to see you!!
I am so happy for you and that you feel so much better since you have begun to walk... you have passed me up in your daily walks!

Hi Amy! I'm so glad that my dragon brightened your day I thought he was cute too
I love your new shoe! Have you grown a shoe size must be all that exercise!

BELATED BIRTHDAY WISHES!!!!
HAPPY 30TH TO YOU!!!!!!

TO YOU...
TO YOU...
DEAR AMY... ...
TO YOUuuuuuuuu!

and many more...

I hope you had a *WONDERFUL DAY*!
and
That you will have Bestest year ahead!

Belated Birthday {{{Hugs}}},

<><

*~*~*

I hope that everyone has a Wionderful Weekend!!
See you all on Monday!!

<><

JuLy MiLeS : 15.25 miles

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 12:01 PM   #45  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Sounds like you all are doing well! Sorry I've been away. Typing one handed, holding one of the babies, so no time to say much. My lasik was great.. 20/20 in my rt eye now! Emily is sick, going to the doc 2day. My other kids are well, so I'm happy, even tho I am up to 218. I'm sad that unless I focus and write every bite down, I overeat. Stress has always been my downfall. Still not getting much sleep at nite, and can't sleep in the daytime bc I have all my kids. I think when she sleeps all nite I will do better bc I'll be more rested. I'm still trying to drink my water, not eat fried foods, etc. Wish me luck please!!!

Take care, have a good week!
Soon2BFitChick is offline   Reply With Quote