Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-21-2005, 01:14 PM   #61  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Good for you Dinahgirl! It is awesome that you're making your goal.

Sunny your morning walk sounded lovely. We woke up at 5am and toyed with the idea of walking but just didn't do it. Instead he cooked me french toast. I'm sure that was much healthier.

Life is good for me right now. I'm so happy again. Now if my body could just catch up. Oh well. Congrats to all of you making your goal. Later - Amy
shoequeen69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 02:08 PM   #62  
haveto

Default I'm Baaaack....

I'm finally back ladies.
When I was last here in April, my mother had been put in the hospital with a heart attack. She ended up having a triple bipass, and her recovery has been very slow. She is now doing well, breathing without the oxygen, and has even lost alot of her excess weight. Truth be known, she is healthier now than she was before the heart attack. So....with her on the mend I am now able to concetrate on myself again. To catch up, I have joined a gym and am loving it. I started it Monday, the 18th and haven't missed a workout yet. I use the treadmill (fatburner mode) for 60 minutes, and am doing some weights too. Thank you all for your well wishes, and I am so glad to be back!!!
Have a great day, and God Bless.
Caprice
caprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 01:03 PM   #63  
a whole new mel

S/C/G: 163/141/130

Hey girls, I sure hope you're all off to a happy and healthy start today!

caprice... WB! I'm glad to hear that your mom is on the mend... and has really focussed on her health! That's great! Good on you for joining the gym... it sounds as though you're really enjoying it! Haven't missed a workout yet? Congrats on sticking with it! Keep up the great work!

Amy... Glad to hear that life is going very well for you! The rest will fall into place, I'm sure of it! Take care.

Trixie... Moving definitely counts as exercise... it's ridiculously hard work! Great job getting those 11mi in thus far! Keep it up!

Dinah... Amazing job getting all 32.5mi in! That's phenom! Setting a monthly goal definitely gives you something to strive for and stick to!

Everyone else... I hope you're all keeping in tip-top shape! Keep up the great work, ladies!

As for me, I did manage to get all 8mi in yesterday so I'm up to 41 for this month. I've also been eating totally OP (less than 1200cals) and drank just shy of 4L of water yesterday.

Today looks good... will continue to eat OP... drink a bazillion glasses of water... and walk another 4mi. It's becoming routine again. Yay!

Anyways girls, I should take off. I hope all of you have a wonderful day! Take care!

~mel
macdeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 05:10 AM   #64  
I can and I will do it!

Good Sat. morning ladies, I don't know about you but I am glad it is the weekend. It has been a busy week around here for me, I keep my grandchildren ages 3 and 6 wks. so they needless to say keep me hopping.
I have done good with my walking despite the horrible Texas heat and humidity. I'm up to 41 mi. for the month!! Now for me that is quite an accomplishment and I enjoy it so much which helps alot.

It sounds like everyone is also doing great with their walking. Doesn't it feel good to make your goals?

Now....if I could get my eating better controlled.

Have a great day girls and let's get out their and move our feeties.

Hugs to all......Diane
candlelady4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 08:50 AM   #65  

Smile

Diane, I know what you mean about heat and humidity. Here in dry, sandy, piney north Florida, it is dreadful! But I didn't let it beat me down yet. I walked 3 miles after work yesterday on the bike trail. That last 3/4 mile was a doozy, but -- "left-right-left-right" -- I made it. I just had to put my head in another place and push through.

Just wanted to pass on that I have a Walkman cassette player. It's getting harder and harder to find cassettes but collagevideo has a pretty good selection. I bought a Leslie Sansone walking cassette (there are 3 levels of cassettes) and a Kathy Smith set of three called Walk Fit. This will allow me to walk inside even if hub has dibs on the tv, or in a hotel room when I'm traveling, or just use them while I'm outside walking.

I'm at 35.5 miles now -- marching toward my July goal of 50.

Stay cool, everybody!

Dinah
Dinahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 10:16 AM   #66  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Hello Everyone! I got in 4.5 miles on Thursday, walked downtown to the bank with my mom and we walked around downtown doing some window shopping then walked home but stopped at the grocery store up the street for a few things first, so Im now at 15.5! I didnt think I would meet my goal this month just b/c of moving and everything being thrown out of wack! lol Anyway were going to Grand Bend today to the Motorplex, so I will probably get in a little walking there around the strip and what not. Have a great weekend everyone!!
Trixie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 12:44 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang!

I did a 30 minute Walk & Kick video = 2 miles
plus some situps and double leg lifts
along with some picking up around here

July Miles = 20.5

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 01:26 PM   #68  
a whole new mel

WOW! Everyone is doing GREAT! WTG ladies! Keep up the fantastic work!

Diane... Sounds as though you get your fair share of exercise with those 2 lil' grandkids of yours! That's so great! I'm sure they enjoy spending so much time with their grandma! 41mi??? That's truly amazing! *Big ol' pat on the back*

Trixie... Good work on reaching your goal! Isn't it such a good feeling?! Glad to hear you had a nice afternoon out with your mom... and on foot, to boot! *Thumbs up*

cathy... As always, you're doing VERY well! I really wish I could muster up all that energy first thing in the a.m.! Me? Well, I'm barely capable of rolling outta bed! Anyways lady, keep up the FANTASTIC work!

Everyone else... I hope you're all keeping well and having a great weekend! Take care of yourselves!

As for me... I managed to get a little over 4L of water in yesterday! I got tonnes of exercise in, what with all the running to the bathroom! Food has been right on target... even with a little splurge of low fat tofu ice-cream. I never in a million yrs thought I would consider tofu an indulgence, nor did I think I'd ever even try it... but it wasn't bad. Actually, after I got over the fact that it was tofu, I quite enjoyed it! DH, DD and I also racked up another 4mi last night so that brings me to *drum roll* 45mi! Yip! Yip!

Today looks good... lots-o water, good eats and a heckava lot of walking (we're going to a car show tonight and will walk downtown and back). Tomorrow looks about the same, we're taking DD to a children's festival, and again will walk downtown and back.

Anyways girls, I should take off. I hope you all have a KILLER weekend! Take care of yourselves! Best wishes!

~mel
Old 07-23-2005, 06:53 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 160/149/140

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone,

I have walked 21.75 miles so far in July. I am definitely on track. The heat and humidity are buggers here too so I try to go early in the morning. It won't hurt me to sweat a little more!

I am disappointed that I have not lost much weight though. I think I need to do something different.
Cindy_Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 08:14 PM   #70  
a whole new mel

Just on long enough to post my miles... 5 last night and another 3.5 this afternoon. Plus DH and I are planning on fitting in 4 more after dinner this evening. That *WILL* bring my total up to 57.5!

~mel

ETA: Got the 4mi in this evening... plus one!

Last edited by macdeez; 07-25-2005 at 12:59 AM.
Old 07-24-2005, 08:34 PM   #71  

Wink

I did 2 mile WATP with weights, so now I'm up to 37.5 for the month. Once again I repeat how great it is to have a goal. It has really kept me motivated in all this heat!

Mel, you are the queen!

Dinah
Old 07-25-2005, 12:10 AM   #72  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Got in some walking yesterday at the Grand Bend Motorplex walking around looking at all the nice cars and then today my bf and I went to London for the Good Charlotte concert (his bday present to me) and we walked around a bit before the concert, so I'm up to 18 miles for July! No very many, but at least I surpassed my goal, I wasnt expecting to get too much with the heat, and the busyness of moving lol Better to aim low and actually acheive and surpass it than to aim too high and set yourself up for disappointment I suppose!

Anyway have a great week everyone!! Hard to believe July is almost over already!
Trixie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 02:09 PM   #73  
a whole new mel

Happy Monday, ladies! Hope everyone is off to a great start this week!

Dinahgirl... 37.5mi is PHENOM! WTG, girl! You're so right about setting a monthly goal, it really motivates you to keep pushing forward! I'm truly impressed by your determination! Keep up the great work!

Trixie... 18mi thus far is AMAZING! And, what's more... you surpassed your goal! That's great! Glad to hear you had a fantastic weekend what with the trip to the Motorplex and your bf's birthday concert! Sounds like a killer time to me!

Everyone else... I hope you're doing well! Take care!

Me... I'm doing alright. Had to head downtown this a.m. to the bank so I managed another 3mi in (there and back). I think I might take tonight off from walking, with the MIL coming to visit tomorrow, there's lots to get done in time for "inspection".

Well, I hope you all have a fabulous day! Take care and I'll type you all later!

~mel
Old 07-25-2005, 02:51 PM   #74  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Thank you all so much for your support. I need it! Things are better, although now I have six kids under the age of 7! LOL. Two infants, two toddlers who are potty training and two school aged boys. All boys but Emily. LOL. No, I'm not a glutton for punishment. Ha ha! We love what we do but it's hard at first. The new kids coming in have had traumatic experiences, they are both ill, they miss their grandma, who, altho neglectful, loves them. They lack of how to bathe properly, and the habit to brush their teeth each morning and night, and they lack of manners, which is no big deal because they are great learners and are doing so well with the little bit of guidance we've tried to give them already. They lack of clothing, which we are obtaining now for them. One came with only a pair of soft houseshoes.

So far so good. It's always crazy when we lose kids and get new ones, but it always feels like we just gave birth. We get so excited when new ones come to stay. It's fun to get to know them and what they like to eat and do. We are parents, temporary ones, but parents to two new kids! Nathaniel is 7, and Dylan is 5. Emily is doing well, as is Christian, our two. Ethan and Nakize are doing well too, both of whom are awaiting placement with their adoptive families. (Not sure at this point if Nakize will be able to go back to his grandma or not. The judge ordered him to be placed for adoption, but she is still fighting for him. We like her and hope she can get him back. She is actually his great-grandmother, but she's only about 50 or so. Both her daughter and granddaughter have passed away from heart trouble.)

Anyhoo, so my DH took all four older kids to Astroworld today. I am lucky enough to get to clean all day while the house is somewhat empty, just me and two babies. I value the time tho. At least it's quieter for a little while.

I hate to stop in and spill about my life then go, but I have to. I just have sooo much to do, you have no idea. I did read thru some of your posts. Welcome to any newbies and happy birthday to those I've missed. Take care and keep me in your thoughts. Send me 'Strength to Avoid Chocolate' good thoughts! Thannnnnk you! Hope you all are doing better than me~
Soon2BFitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 07:31 PM   #75  

Smile

Soon2B, you wear me out just reading all that you do. But bless you for taking in those children...there is definitely a place in heaven for you.

Trixie...you're doing great for all the other stuff that's filled up your life as well!

Macdeez, thanks for all the greetings and for being a great role model!

I did 3 WATP miles today with weights, so I'm at 40.5 this month. Part of the trick for me has been to post my miles on a spread sheet. I can look at what I did for the past five months and see the progress I'm making. In June, I didn't even have a goal and I made 48 miles. I'm debating about upping my goal for August or just keeping it at 50 for awhile or at least until it gets cooler.

Have a great day everbody!

Dinah