Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-15-2005, 03:10 PM   #46  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Selina!!

You will be okay, once things settle and the babies adjusts to their new surroundings. If you are not getting sleep it's a huge reason for you to gain weight - especially with women. We really need our sleep! We hold allot of water weight and swell when we lack the sleep we need!

I'll keep you in my prayers sweetz! You'll be okay, try hard to get your perspectives back & rein in those bad habits... you have come too far to lose this battle now!!! (((Selina)))

*God Bless*

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 06:18 PM   #47  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Awww thanks for the birthday wish Sunny. I had a great birthday.

poor Selina. hang in there girl. i'm sure things will slow down some for you after a while.

i'm not doing that great on diet OR exercise. but tomorrow is another day. bravo to all you ladies getting in your miles. later - Amy
shoequeen69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 09:22 AM   #48  

Wink

Hi everybody! I had to travel for my work for a couple of days. That always puts me behind in exercise and too far ahead in eating!

After driving all day to get home, I was stiff and the last thing I felt like, but the first thing I did, was put in a Leslie Sansone dvd and did 3 miles with weights. It relieved the stress of traveling all day.

So now I'm up to 21.5. Gotta hurry to get to 50 for the month though.

Sunny, thank you for your cheery thoughts and prayers. I really appreciate your efforts to make everyone feel special!

My thought for the day is for everyone to take it one day or even one hour at a time. DON'T beat yourself up but lift yourself up. Even if you just do a little, give yourself a reward!

Dinah
Dinahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 02:34 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Happy Birthday Amy! sorry I missed it!

Selina - I hope you'r sleeping!

I did a 60 minute 4 mile WATP video today

July Miles = 14.5

hope everybody has a great weekend!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 05:54 PM   #50  
I can and I will do it!

I wasn't a good girl today, didn't get my walk in. Tomorrow is another day!! Wtg Cathy you are doing good girl, keep it up. I sure do feel yucky when I don't get my walking done. I did buy a yoga tape today, think I will fit that in sometime too. I need all the help I can get.

Have a great weekend all, Diane
candlelady4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 08:15 PM   #51  

Smile

I went down to the bike trail and walked three miles this morning. I felt like a gearhead with everything I strapped on -- pedometer, heart rate monitor, fanny pack to carry keys, id, toilet paper, cell phone, plus my walkman.

For some reason about a half-mile into it, I got a shin splint on my left leg really bad. I slowed down, did some stretches and it finally went away. It's not because I started out too fast, because I was so slow it took almost 20 minutes to get my heart rate up to target zone. This happens to me almost everytime I walk on the bike trail. Any thoughts?

I'm up to 27.5 miles for the month. Yay! I have you all to thank for giving me the idea to set a mileage goal. That really keeps me motivated!

Hope you all had a great weekend and have a happy week to come.

Dinah
Old 07-17-2005, 08:23 PM   #52  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Whew! I'm exhausted! We tried to have a garage sale today. Not very successful. We hadn't even gone through everything so it took us more time to get organized and only 1 person came by. But I definately got a workout. Walking in and out of the house carrying stuff from 8am-2:30pm. My legs, back and arms are sore! No more walking lately. I'm starting to wonder if I sabotage myself. My boyfriend mad a delicious meal last night, pretty healty-porkchops with an apple/honey mustard sauce and green beans. But I just had to ruin it by having a piece of leftover cake afterwards. I'm never going to lose weight this way. Ahhh. Ok, thanks for letting me throw a temper tantrum. haha Well tomorrow is another day. Hope you're all doing well. Later.
shoequeen69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 11:26 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 160/149/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning,

Shoequeen, sorry to hear about your sale. I've been through that too!

I bought a pedometer and that's been fun. I realized I've been walking more than I thought! I have 18.5 miles so far in July with a goal of 32.

My diet has been very bad, broasted chicken and a chocolate malt last night! Yikes.
Cindy_Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 09:49 PM   #54  
a whole new mel

S/C/G: 163/141/130

Well girls, just a few moments to post...

Did really well the past few days: Sunday 10mi. Monday 4mi. Today 4mi. So that brings my total so far up to 33. I'm aiming for another 12 by Friday and a combined 10 for the weekend (there's a fabulous car show on Saturday and a children's festival on Sunday so lots of walking shall be had!). Looks like I'll meet July's goal!

Sounds like you're all doing well. Keep up the great work, ladies!

I'll post more tomorrow....

Stay happy and healthy!

~mel
macdeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 09:11 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning walking buddies!

I got up at 4:30 this morning just like a little ole lady.
Just woke up and started thinking and couldn't get back to sleep.

So I got up and did a 60 minute 4 mile WATP video

July Miles = 18.5
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 10:06 AM   #56  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Good Morning!

What a nice cool walk Joe & I had this morning, it was such a relief compared to the last few weeks! Although, I can feel the humidity climbing again!

You are so *Welcome* Amy I'm so glad to hear that you had a great day! But I am so sorry to hear that your garage sale wasn't so successful... that's the problem with those, it's a hit & miss kinda thing. I have never had one myself - I'd rather just give it all to a charity then to go though all that

Hi Dinah, Sounds like you are doing wonderfully! Wow! 27.5... yup, I think setting a goal is very helpful As for the cramp... are you getting enough potassium (banana's & molasses help) when you sweat allot you lose that and so you may need to add a banana or something into your diet...

Food / Serving / Potassium (mg)
Banana 1 medium 467
Potato, baked with skin 1 medium 721
Prune juice 6 fluid ounces 530
Prunes, dried 1/2 cup 633
Orange juice 6 fluid ounces 354
Orange 1 medium 237
Tomato juice 6 fluid ounces 400
Tomato 1 medium 273
Raisins 1/2 cup 598
Raisin bran cereal 1 ounce 437
Artichoke, cooked 1 medium 425
Lima beans, cooked 1/2 cup 478
Acorn squash, cooked 1/2 cup (cubes) 448
Spinach, cooked 1/2 cup 419
Sunflower seeds 1 ounce 241
Almonds 1 ounce 211
Molasses 1 tablespoon 293

Oh, and just make sure you take a little bit of stretching time *before* you walk --- don't over-stretch, just *gently* stretch --- it may help too

Good to see you Diane, don't get too down on yourself for missing a day - Joe & I couldn't walk yesterday either, but we were out there bright and early this morning How did you like the Yoga??

Cindy Gail, isn't it wonderful to find out that you are dong better then you thought! Awesome girl!!

Hi Mel!! How wonderful to see you pop in again... how's life been treating you sweetz Wow! 33 miles - Yeah!!!

Cathy, I was like that on Monday!! I so wanted to just lay there like a dead fish. but didn't and was glad I pushed myself to walk... you and I are neck -n- neck w/ miles

Gotta run...

*Smiles*

<><

JuLy MiLeS : 18.25 miles

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 03:02 PM   #57  
a whole new mel

Hey girls... hope you're all off to a happy and healthy day today!

Sunny... I'm so glad that you and Joe are able to get out most mornings for a nice long walk! It's such a great way to connect with each other... and getting a little exercise in is just the icing on the cake! How's everything else going? You're feeling good, I hope!

cathy... Good on you for starting the day off on the right food with a 4mi walk! That's fabulous! I really wish I could muster up the motivation to walk first thing in the a.m.!

Cindy_Gail... You're doing very well... over 1/2 way to meeting your July goal! That's fabulous, girl! Keep up the great work!

Amy... Happy be-lated birthday! I hope you enjoyed your special day! Sorry to hear that the garage sale didn't go over quite as planned, but it definitely sounds as though you got some good exercise in, what with all the walking back and forth and packing 'round objects and such. Good for you!

Dinahgirl... Good on you for getting over 27mi in thus far! That's amazing! Keep it up and you'll get there in NO time flat!

Selina... So very sorry to hear that lil' Emily was under the weather! I really hope she's feeling better by now! I'm also sorry to hear that you're still not getting a whole lot of sleep, hopefully the late-night feedings will slow down soon. Please take care of yourself... and pls try not to stress too much about the gain... it'll come off again once things slow down a bit. I'm sure of it!

Everyone else... a great big

As for me... All's good here. Tavis and I will be taking DD out for another 4mi walk this evening! We enjoyed them so much last summer but kinda lost momentum once Fall arrived. It's such a great way to spend our evening... we can really catch up on each other's lives.

I had another appt. with the neurologist on Monday and the results from the CT-scan came out fine. *Sigh of relief* He put me on some new medication for blood pressure (mine is very low) and we'll see how that goes. Hopefully it'll help with the migraines. I'll go back to see him again in mid-Sept.

As far as weight-loss is concerned, I've decided not to worry about what number the scale reads... instead I'll just concentrate on the size of clothes I wear. I'm currently wear clothes in the 8-10 range (depends on TOM and what have you) and am aiming for a 5/6. I'm not thaaaat far off... hoping to be there by early Sept.

Well, ladies, I should get going. Lots to get done today. I hope all of you have a fabulous day today! Take care! Type y'all later!

~mel
Old 07-20-2005, 06:28 PM   #58  

Smile

Woohoo! I'm at 32.5 miles for July as of today. I am SO excited to have actually set a goal and now it seems like I'm going to make it! Thank you all so much for being here and for the encouragement!

I always do my workout after I get home from work. My husband gets home later than me so it means I have the living room to myself if I'm doing WATP. Last night I ate dinner with a friend at Olive Garden, so I didn't work out. I should have though after eating all that pasta! It was good, though.

Sunny, thanks for the information about potassium. I knew that, but keep forgetting it. I just cannot keep all the nutritional info in my head.

Hope everybody is staying cool and having a good week!

Dinah
Old 07-21-2005, 10:54 AM   #59  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Hello Everyone! I just got my internet back today, we moved Friday and I havnt had it since then! I havnt been doing much walking b/c we have been busy packing, moving and unpacking, but I did go for a walk tuesday, so I'm up to 11 miles, plus all the exercise I got from moving lol I hope everyone is doing well!
Trixie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 12:40 PM   #60  
a whole new mel

Hey girls, how are you all doing today? Great, I sure do hope!

I didn't end up going for my walk last night but will do "the route" twice today (once in an hr or so and then again this evening). That will bring my miles up to 41.

Anyways gals, I should take off... have to get ready so I can get those miles in! Type you all later. Have a HAPPY and HEALTHY day today!

~mel