Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-26-2010, 06:00 PM   #1  
Diet Started: 1/4/10

S/C/G: 164/ticker/99

Height: 5'0"

Default The Post-Workout Thread!

The purpose of this thread is to have a place to complain or celebrate your efforts directly after a work out when you're still sweaty and tired

I'm SO tired! I was on the elliptical for 25 minutes at 60 rpm and went 2.15 miles. That's a new record for me! I haven't broken the 2 mile mark in running or the elliptical yet, so hurray!!

My lower legs and, kind of, my ankles are a little sore. Not horribly, but it feels good to be off them. I think it's a good kind of sore though. Yesterday I did C25k W3D1 and it really put some pressure on my ankles (it didn't really hurt at the time, but it hurts now when I put all my weight on it. I think it just needs a little time to recover.)
Wild Vulpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 06:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 336/336/170

Height: 5'7

I love this! I'll be posting here often
homiegiiib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 08:15 AM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

Great idea!! I'll post later, I haven't decided if I'm going to run or bike yet.... Decisions, decisions

Wild Vulpix -- Maybe icing your ankle would help after your run/workout....
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 10:15 AM   #4  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

I'm holding off showering for another 10 minutes or so, just so I can post on this thread with some kind of integrity.

I spent an hour with dumbbells this morning, then took a 45-minute spin class at 9 AM. As usual, after spin class, I am soaked. Like a trapdoor opened in a ceiling over my bike & a pailful of water tipped over up there & splashed all over me below.

What I really wanted to do this morning was sit on my patio with a glass of iced coffee & the Sunday Times. Well, I could still do that. Theoretically. Problem is, I don't have a mellow feeling anymore. I'm energized like the bunny & want to go out grocery shopping & do other errands. Then probably I'll start cooking for the coming week, watching really bad TV while standing up & dicing vegetables. (Preferably a really stupid movie. It might have Reese Witherspoon in it or something.)

Oh, well. Let me revisit the idea of lounging with that newspaper maybe later this afternoon ....

Last edited by saef; 06-27-2010 at 10:17 AM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 01:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 302/199/180

Height: 5' 6"

I love reading about other people's workouts. Great job all of you!

I'm back from a 22 mile bike ride, my longest yet. When my husband and I left we weren't actually sure how long our planned loop would end up being. I was guessing 25-30 miles and I was a little nervous about if I could do it or not. But, as it turns out the loop wasn't as long as I thought, and I feel fine, like I could do another 10 miles easy. I rode using clipless pedals for the second time, too, and didn't even have one close call. The first time I used them this Thursday I had at least 5 almost falls.
Desert Agave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 11:55 PM   #6  
Muscle Memory

S/C/G: 188/179/128

Height: 5'2"

i was going to start a fitness accountability thread for myself because i think i need that to help me stay on plan, but then i saw this thread, so i'd like to post here. i'm doing the couch25k training and i'll be posting in another thread about that specifically, but i'm also going to be doing weights and other things too so i will come here to post about those.
skygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:04 AM   #7  

So I ALMOST didn't work out at all today, but finally bit the bullet at 11:45 p.m. and got on the treadmill. I figured that doing it would be much better than the guilt that would follow if I skipped. So 45 minutes of fast walking, followed by nice shower. I am gonna sleep well to...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Luna1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:13 AM   #8  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

This weekend was one giant, unconventional workout.

Saturday - probably 5-6 hours of landscaping, including lots of hauling of debris, carrying plants, digging holes, planting trees and vines, raking, etc. Then we did about an hour and half of housepainting to paint over the wall we had to re-drywall due to a roof leak.

Today - more trees in the ground, hauled junk to dump, and repaired sprinkler system, which required both digging AND a lot of squats.

All in all, about 4000 calories worth of hard manual labor over two days (in 100+ degree heat, no less) And now I am going to shower and get in bed.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:40 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 158/153/130

Height: 5'4"

I like this thread.

This morning - 5am came way too early. (diving and boating yesterday wiped me out!). But I met my workout partner for a garage run. We ran up a parking garage (3 stories) around the top and down - 4 times. Then met back at the top for suicide sprints across the top - 4 times.

I was back home by 6:45am, showered, layed back down and went back to sleep until 7:45 when my phone rang. (I should have been on the road to work by then!)

My HRM/GPS only registered burning 400 cals. But after yesterdays dives (1200 cals) and boating, my body is just whooped.

Kind of feels like it defeats the purpose to workout then nap immediately after. I could have slept in and gotten up at a decent time and probably had the same net calorie affect.
chnkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:50 AM   #10  
A Work in Progress

S/C/G: S-201.5/C-142.5/G-145.0

Height: 5' 6"

Oh how I HATED my alarm clock this morning. But, I put my feet on the floor & just said to myself "no excuses - get up." So I did.

I am not a runner. I have never been a runner. I am pushing 40, and have never run 1 mile outside & only accomplished 2.25 on the treadmill in the last month.

But today, I ran for 1.7 miles OUTSIDE in the beautiful, cool, morning air. It was blissful! I loved it and wish I'd have known how far I'd gone to round it to an even 2 miles.

I completed 15 minutes of circuit training on my own without rest - pushups, tricep dips, and primarily core strengthening. And closed it down with some conventional stretching & a few feel-good yoga poses.

I feel great. I feel strong. I cannot WAIT to do more...and I will remind myself of it again tomorrow when I am pushing snooze on my alarm !

Cheryl
cherylmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:53 AM   #11  
Weight is Just a Number!

S/C/G: 217/174/141

Height: 5'5"

This thread is a great idea. I just got done with a 3 mile run, and I've got mixed emotions. I'm REALLY hot and sweaty, and STARVING and thirsty (I'm currently shoving raw broccoli, carrots and cucumbers down my throat between typing), my legs and feet hurt, but I'm also pretty happy because according to CardioTrainer, I had my FASTEST pace ever today of 10:32 per mile. Also, during my run at one point I was running at a pace of 8:32 seconds/mile (I love technology, so motivating). I'm pretty stoked on myself and proud, but also not looking forward to the strength training and yoga I've planned for myself (it's my day off of work, I train hard on those days
kristyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:11 PM   #12  
Ilene the Bean

Such great best everyone

cherylmn -- Never too late to start running I started at 48, I'm now 53 and love running... I don't run fast or far but I run 3-4x/week ...

Desert Agave -- 22 mile bike ride wow...

Yesterday I did 20k bike ride, not sure what the conversion is but I know it's a lot less than 22 miles ... I had an hour break, may even have taken a nap in there , I don't mind napping after a workout I do it all the time, time permitting... then DD and I went rollerbladding for 10k... Great day all in all, it was also a great food day
Old 06-28-2010, 12:36 PM   #13  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Just finished 60 min on my treadmill. Will do 30 minutes of cardio-boxing on my lunch break later.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 05:27 PM   #14  
Diet Started: 1/4/10

S/C/G: 164/ticker/99

Height: 5'0"

I REALLY didn't want to go to the gym today. I never want to on my weight days because... I don't know. There's no "finish line" and it makes it much less fun. Once I'm there and doing it, it's not so bad, but I never know what part I'm going to focus on until I get there. I don't know.

Tomorrow is C25k W3D3 and I'm not looking forward to it I had such a hard time doing W3D2. My legs really hurt toward the end of it. Hopefully they'll recover today. I have NO idea how I'm going to accomplish W4D1! Running for just 3 minutes two times feels like an eternity. There's only 9 minutes of running in Week 3, which is about the same as Week 2 and Week 1... but Week 4 jumps from just 9 minutes of running to 16!!! I have no idea how I'll be able to do it!!!
Wild Vulpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:35 PM   #15  
Ilene the Bean

Ahhh, I walked with my client this afternoon and it was hot, the AC feels good!! She's been off for 5 weeks, she hurt her ankle on Mother's day and hasn't been walking much less running since then, so she was really happy of her walk... In a couple of weeks we will be starting run/walk intervals..... I'm pooped and drained but will be going to the gym in about 20 mins... need an upper body workout