Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-28-2008, 11:12 AM   #76  
Workin' It

Good morning everyone... Well, almost afternoon, I guess!

Angel - ExerciseTV has videos on their website that can be downloaded to your computer, iPod or burned to CD I think. And, housecleaning can definitely be a workout!

Claire - enjoy your last few days before the kids come back!

I did some Ab exercises this morning, on my own this time, no video. I also did my 45 minutes on the elliptical. I'm very motivated this week by my new size six pants!

Have a great day all!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:35 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

Shannon-Wow size 6!! That is awesome!!

I didnt get a whole lot done today, the little guy didnt feel well today and to me its really draining when the little ones are sick. I did manage to walk/jog on the treadmill for for 35 mins.

Have a great night!!
AngelMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:30 PM   #78  
Workin' It

Hey Angel - it is an accomplishment to get any exercise in when you have a sick child at home. Heck, I have a hard time getting any in when my stepson is with us even when he is well! We have them this weekend and I'm already making my plan to get up earlier than normal and get some time in... He gets up at 6am, so I'll wake up then anyway!
Old 08-29-2008, 07:49 PM   #79  

Shannon-I completely understand about getting up earlier, even though I have only done it a few times. I usually take my little guy in the stroller for a walk or exercise when he is napping. I am just not a morning person. But I am finding that there are some days that I am not getting my exercise in until 8 or 9 pm and I would really like to have it done before then, so I think I am just going to have to stick it out and get up earlier!

Today I took my cousins bike for a 2 mile ride. I guess I forgot how hard bike riding can be because I am really sore now, my legs anyway! But now that I am done, I feel really proud that I got that far! I also went antiquing with my aunt and mother, I know it isnt really exersizing but I did a lot of walking!
Old 08-31-2008, 09:57 PM   #80  
Workin' It

Hi Angel - I wish i had a bike, I'm thinking about getting myself and DH one for Christmas this year to go along with the one we are getting DSS/ I have a stationary bike, but that just isn't the same. And, if your aunt and your mom shop like my mom and my sister-in-law you got a lot of work in there!

I made it up early yesterday and today and did my 45 minutes if interval HITT in my elliptical, if you can really call it that... I don't think I follow the rules you are supposed to follow for HITT - I think I just get my heart rate way up there and then don't ever let it get back low enough inbetween... Tonight I did 8 minutes on the Weider working on my arms, then did my ab/back video and a 20 minute cardio yoga on exercise tv while DH was studying for his exam. It was the first time I've used the new Weider - I enjoyed it a lot!

I also weighed myself yesterday morning and this morning even though my weigh in day is Friday - Friday I got five different numbers, four around 125.8, 125.9, 126.0, 126.1, then I figured the correct one was the 127.1, that all the others I got must have been wrong. Yesterday I got 125.9 every single time, today I got 126.0 every time. I guess the 126 must have been right... That gives me a 2.4 pound loss since last Friday, even with TOM. I'm thinking it might be time to up the calories a little...

Have a good day tomorrow everyone!
Old 09-01-2008, 08:58 PM   #81  

Shannon-They do love to shop, so I am sure that I got a lot of steps in!!

Today I walked 2 miles. It was a gourgeous day here and I took advantage of it. On Sunday I walked 1 mile and went to the state fair and walked around there a lot. I didnt get any strength training in this weekend but I am planning on doing that early tomorrow morning.

Have a good night everyone!
Old 09-02-2008, 12:17 PM   #82  
Workin' It

I'm jealous that it is nice enough where you are to walk outside, Angel... We have a great new park just down the street from us with really beautiful trails and everytime I think about going to walk there I walk outside just to get the mail or something and find myself almost dying from the heat and the humidity...Oh, I want it to be fall soon...

I did my ab video this morning and 45 minutes on the elliptical. I'm finding that the farther along in the week the harder it is to maintain the HITT intensity... Thinking about taking two days per week off from cardio, or at least taking one day in the middle and doing much lower intensity...

I'm planning on working with the Weider tonight on abs & back. My arms were pretty darn sore the other night after just 8 minutes, so I need to think seriously about how much weight I start with tonight...

Have a good day everybody! Claire, hope you are having a good day back to school!
Old 09-02-2008, 12:35 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 182/132/135

Height: 5'7"

I seem to be a little late jumping into this thread, but I must have missed it.

I too am an avid, work-out-at-home person. With three kids, there just kept being reasons I couldn't make it to my gym. I love the ease of working out in my family room. I have a few DVDs, but mostly I ride my Nautilus bike for 30+ minutes everyday. Weather permitting, I also walk about three times a week. My other new toy is resistance bands. I used to use dumbells, but I have found the bands to work really, really well and they are so good for strengthening all the different muscle groups for such a reasonable price. I do not even miss the weights at the gym. I think the bands are my very favorite new weight loss find, and I really love the definition I am getting in my arms and shoulders from using them over the last six weeks. I work out with them every other day.
Schumeany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 02:10 PM   #84  
Workin' It

Hi Schumeany! Welcome! I've been thinking about resistance bands - some of the videos on Exercise TV use them. I might just get some this week and give them a try...
Old 09-02-2008, 08:42 PM   #85  

Welcome Schumeany! I am pretty new to this thread too!!

Today I got a lot accomplished. This morning I did a 20 min Denise Austin strength training video and a 20 min kick boxing video. And after dinner I went for a mile walk!

I don't know I think this cool weather gives me more energy!! I dont know if that is it but I like it!!
Old 09-02-2008, 08:54 PM   #86  
Workin' It

I did work out on my Weider tonight, just finished actually. I did 30 minutes of ab & back exercises (though they felt more like shoulder exercises...) and ten minutes of stretching and cooldown - a little yoga routine similar to the one I do in the morning sometimes...

Good job tonight AngelMae!
Old 09-05-2008, 12:23 PM   #87  
Workin' It

Ah, I was the last one to post on 9/2 and here I am back again... This thread may be dying off...

Just in case it comes back, I did exercise Wed & Thurs AM on the elliptical 45 minutes, 50 minutes on the Weider last night - 30 minutes on legs, 20 minutes abs & shoulders - the ones that were listed for shoulders this time!

Anyone else coming back?
Old 09-05-2008, 01:57 PM   #88  

Shannon- I hope its not dying off!!

I have been really busy this week. It seems like a holiday on Monday messes the whole week up. Any how, I have started to get myself up earlier in the morning to do a work out video before my DS gets up. I have done it all week!!

I have walked my mile every night. Next week I am planning on doing 2 so I dont get to used to 1 mile.

Today, I did Biggest Loser workout and walked a mile.

Good luck everyone!!

Angel
Old 09-05-2008, 02:03 PM   #89  
Workin' It

Good job, Angel!
Old 09-06-2008, 02:07 PM   #90  
No surrender, no retreat

S/C/G: 170/148! :D /134

Height: Vertically comfy 5'2"; horizontally challenged

Hey, GREAT idea for a thread. Thanks for starting it.

I workout at home. I love having the flexibility of working out when it fits my schedule and not having to drive to exercise. I'd also have to buy nicer workout clothes if I belonged to a gym.

I used to think exercising meant 60 minutes on the treadmill, same basic pace, sweating away. It took me a long time to realize that variety is truly the spice of life, especially when it comes to exericse.

I have a treadmill and use it 4 or 5 times a week. I like to do speed intervals a few times, an incline interval now and again, a longer incline workout at a lower speed and some longer runs. I've done several of the 3FC 5ks.

I use weights and just started using resistance bands along w/the weights about a week ago. They definitely work your muscles differently than weights. I LIKE it!

I also have some yoga dvds I am incorporating into my workouts. I aim for 2-3 days a week for yoga. I also use some Billy Blank workouts. I have one that is not quite long enough - he quits just when you're in a zone and the workout should def. go on for another 5 or 10 mins - so when that one starts the cooldown, I pop in an 8 min. workout of his and get a great, quick 25 min w/out.

Since the kids are back in school, I'm also getting in 4-5 1.5 mile dog walks each week. Hopefully it will all pay off!

Love this thread; I have to go back and read everyone's posts to see what everyone is doing. I am really thinking about getting Jillian Michaels '30 Day Shred'. I see some of you use this too. Is it really kickass? I hope so!

Last edited by Hat Trick; 09-06-2008 at 02:10 PM.
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote