Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-24-2008, 12:45 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Shannon - I really want to respond to all this, but I'm sooo tired, so I will have to wait till tomorrow! Just wanted to let you know I read it, and I really appreciate hearing your story!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 11:11 AM   #62  

Height: 5ft 2in

Sorry guys for going missing. I have not had the energy to post but I have been reading! Ran (wogged) three times this week and plan for 4 in the coming week. It's been lovely to read about you. I promise to try to contribute more in the future.
Hugs

Last edited by pufffin; 08-24-2008 at 11:29 AM.
pufffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:46 PM   #63  

Hi walkingelose, Shannon, every!

Today, I know I'm doing Pilates Crunch and a 1 mile WATP segment. I haven't decided if i will round it out with yoga, Peel Away The Pound Pilates, Denise Austin's Power Zone, or 2 segments of 10 Minute Solutions.
cmichele1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 02:01 PM   #64  
Workin' It

Good morning all!
I did 15 minutes on the stationary bike this morning, but just couldn't keep my heart rate up, so moved to the elliptical machine for 45 minutes there. No other video or anything - have some work planned for the garage so figured that would be the extra I want for today!

claire - hope you got some rest last night... at 12:45 I was passed out myself, and slept until after 9 this morning...

puffin - good job on the 'wogs' this week!

michele - sounds like a good workout for today! What is Pilates Crunch?

Have a great day everybody!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 02:42 PM   #65  

Hey girls -

Sounds like everyone is on track fairly well... good job, everyone!

Puffin - sounds like you have been really busy/tired. Boy, I can relate. I'm glad you checked in though, even just for a "quickie"

Michele - How awesome that you have such a big collection of workout dvds/videos ... I'm sure you have your 'go to' ones, but it would be nice to have so much variety.

As for me, yesterday ended up being a bust exercise-wise, but I did well with eating, despite eating out. My morning pedicure with my girlfriend turned into a 4 hour plus visit... pedis, then a new thai restaurant for lunch, then back to my place for more hanging out. Then I got involved in laundry, cleaning inside of my car (which was trashed), etc. etc., and well, the exercise never happened. Actually I did hit around a hockey ball in my yard for about 30 minutes, chasing after it a bit might have burned a few calories... hope so.

This morning DH and I did a repeat of Friday night's workout - 1 hour at the park, half of it "wogging." It felt great. He is mowing the grass now, so I'm going to get in a pilates resistance band dvd too for some much needed toning.

I'm fairly happy with my exercise lately, and I've been doing well eating mostly whole foods, tons of veggies, and drinking lots of water. I had decided not to count calories for a while - I've been on break from dailyplate for about a week now. I'm going to continue this for another week, and if I don't see the scale go down, I know I must go back to counting.

Shannon - thanks for sharing your story - I remember last year when I dropped some weight- it was tooth and nail for every pound down to about 141 or 2 or so. I mean, those lbs. did NOT want to budge! After that, seemingly without trying too hard, I dropped another 4-5. Wonder why that happened? Sounds like your loss was similar. Of course I slacked and regained, but I'm motivated to get there again.

So, have a great day, ladies! I have a long day tomorrow, but I have a pilates class tomorrow night, so I know I will get my workout in. Be healthy!
Old 08-25-2008, 01:12 PM   #66  
Workin' It

Hi there ladies!

I did a pilates video this morning and 45 minutes on my elliptical. I'm trying the HITT now, changing every 1:30 to 2:00 minutes, to see if that works the heart rate...

Good job on the wog and walk, claire! I'm doing pretty good with the water, not so great with the whole foods...keep us posted on how it works!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-25-2008, 01:34 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone!! Mind if I join. I just recently started getting fit at home!! I really dont have a choice the nearest gym is 45 mins away!

I usually go for a 2 mile walk in the evening. I have a treadmil but have been enjoying the nice weather and walking outside. I also just started doing the Biggest Loser workout once or twice a week and I have a Carmen Electra video but I guess it dosent feel like it does a whole lot. But it is fun.

Last night I got a new magazine and they have pull out cards for weight training and I am going to try one of those today!

Thanks for this thread it has a lot of great ideas!!

Angel!

Last edited by AngelMae; 08-25-2008 at 01:35 PM.
AngelMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:22 PM   #68  

Hi Angel- Isn't it great to be able to work out in the comfort of your home?? I just started acquiring dvds in the last year or so, but I am enjoying them a lot. I do a lot outside too -- walk, wog, bike, -- and I'm currently taking a once a week Pilates class on monday nights (my only structured exercise). However, my gym membership is "frozen," and I'm loving it.

Had a very busy day today - left for work at 7:45am got home at 10:15pm!!! That included day at work, hockey practice, pilates class, and WalMart run for school supplies. ugh.

Need to hit the hay. Night ladies!
Old 08-26-2008, 03:00 PM   #69  
Workin' It

Hi Angel! Welcome! We've had a lot of rain here lately and it has been crazy hot, so walking outside hasn't been much fun for me... I'm jealous that you can get out there in the fresh air!

I did some yoga this morning and 45 minutes on the elliptical, in a different pattern this time. The HITT worked a lot better today than yesterday...

I finally got my Weider strength training system put together on Sunday, but haven't actually used it. I ran smack into my TOM (Seasonale, so not really TOM, more like TO3M) and haven't felt like doing anything new this week... Haven't felt much like doing anything old either, but have made myself get up and exercise anyway.

Have a good day ladies!
Old 08-26-2008, 03:02 PM   #70  

Height: 5'4"

Hi, can I join too?

A little background about me. I lost about 50 lbs 7 years ago, thanks in large part to workout videos. I managed to keep most of it off for a long time too, for about 4 years. Then I got pregnant with baby #1, then 5 months after she was born, with baby #2. I packed on the pounds during each pregnancy and haven't been able to take it off.

So I struggled to find a way to get back into fitness and I'm getting there. I tried joining a gym (I belonged to it when I lost weight the first time and enjoyed it then), but having two babies and a job made it impossible to go. I tried to get into walking, but for the most part it's not my thing as my major form of exercise.

So a couple of months ago I got sucked into a TurboJam infomercial, and decided to give the home workouts a try again. This time, I decided to wake up and do my workouts before work, and it's worked out well. I like TJ, but I just can't do it every day, I need more variety. I have some FitTV shows on my TiVo, and some Project You! DVDs (Kathy Smith), Ellen Barrett workouts, and a bunch of older tapes. I don't know that I'll use these tapes much at this point, because I got so sick of them, but I could probably get back into the Firm at some point.

So, I just need accountability I guess. My goal is to get at least 5 30-45 minute workouts in a week. So far this week, I'm 2 for 2!
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 07:36 PM   #71  

Hi Amy8888 and welcome from another newbie!

Sounds like it has been a productive day for everyone!

Today I took my dog for a 35 min walk and I did a 25 min workout that I read in my Self magazine.

Thanks have a good day everyone!
Angel
Old 08-26-2008, 11:43 PM   #72  

Welcome Amy! I am all about accountability. I'm trying to post everyday on this thread.

Angel - good job on your walking and your SELF workout. I used to rip those magazine workouts out every month, but then I lacked the motivation to do them. I do better either doing something outside or doing a dvd - I admire those, like you, who can push themselves to follow a workout. Guess I'm slack!

Today, DH and I did the park walk/wog again. Almost one hour. Then I had a long day at school, followed by a hockey game. Got home around 8.

Another long day tomorrow... gotta be strong to get through this week. I am NOT ready for school to start!

Have a healthy day tomorrow, girls!
Old 08-27-2008, 12:46 PM   #73  
Workin' It

Good afternoon everyone!
Amy - welcome! We always have room for more! Accountability is great, like Claire, I try to post every day... If I know I have to put into writing what I did for someone other than myself I'm more likely to get up and do it! I love Tivo, by the way... I've had several, but am currently only using DVRs from my cable company. I feel withdrawal every time I want to do a keyword search in the program listings...

Angel - Great job! Walking with the pets is a great way to get some exercise time in while doing something you have to do anyway! I used to do those SELF workout, too, but I do better with the ones on TV. I just can't make myself do it all without hearing someone tell me to...

Claire - way to go getting the exercise in when you can! Keep it up! When does school start?

I did my 10 minute AB video today and 45 minutes on the elliptical, again with the HITT... I'm going to start on the Weider tonight or tomorrow - feeling mildly bloated today, so might wait another day... On the up side, DH has worked out on it twice now and is already asking me to structure dinner prep in such a way that he can work out again tonight...

Good day to all!
Old 08-27-2008, 07:41 PM   #74  

Hey everyone!! What a great day it was here in Maine!!

Shannon & Clair- I watched to moves on the website before I did them or otherwise I wouldnt have been able to figure them out. But I think next time I will use a video or something.

Today I cleaned for an hour (not exactly formal exercise but I was sweating!) I went for a brisk 15 min walk and I found an old Denise Austin video and did the cardio and leg sculpting parts of the video!

Hope everyone has a great night!!
Old 08-28-2008, 08:14 AM   #75  

Hey girls -

Sounds like everyone is rolling along!

No exercise for me yesterday - we had to stay at school for open house, which ended at 7:30. So it was a LONG day, and it followed a poor night's sleep. The transition back to school is overwhelming to me every year - though I've taught for 15 years - sometimes my mind races at night. That was the case Tue night - I just couldn't sleep after my hockey game. So, yesterday wasn't as productive as I needed to be.

We have the option of having Friday off, but I will have to work to get everything done. The kids start Tue (day after Labor Day), so at least I'll have a nice 3 day weekend. In a couple weeks, the dust will settle, and I'll be in a groove, but I'm not there yet.

I just need to keep pushing with exercise and eating well... exercise is the ultimate de-stresser for me. I have another game today, but I MUST MAKE A POINT TO WORK OUT AFTERWARD.

I will post back tonight to let you know what I did... ACCOUNTABILITY!!!

Good job on the workouts, girls... keep it up!!