Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-26-2008, 10:04 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Hey girls!

It's FRIDAY... finally!!! I limped through the week; I have been quite sick but just didn't have time to take a sick day, and it was a big week for coaching (big game today). I must get lots of rest this weekend and shake this sinus thing. That's my plan, and I'm sticking to it. My appetite is still puny - the only bonus of being sick. I will walk this weekend and maybe yoga- don't know if I'll have energy for much else.

Shannon - sorry to hear about DH's uncle... hope everything is ok!

Everyone else - have a fantastic and HEALTHY weekend!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 07:17 PM   #152  

Hey everyone,

Anyone working out today? I spent the weekend truly recovering and resting - I had a really nasty bug of some sort that laid me low for over a week. I continued to go to work and push myself through long days, so I'm sure that didn't help my immune system fight it off.

I FINALLY feel better but a bit weak since I didn't do any significant exercise for about a week. I did an hour walk/jog (my "wog"), but it was mostly walking. My eating has been good. I made a veggie curry in the crockpot - good comfort food. I'm going to go have a little right now!

Our thread is s-l-o-w... hope everyone is working out and being healthy!
Old 09-29-2008, 08:52 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 229/206/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hey Walking2lose, I am here. I too have had a little bug this weekend and I am feeling a lot better today! Glad to hear that you got your wogging in!!

Today I walked/jogged on my treadmill for 15 mins. Its really, really hard to breathe when your nose is plugged and the motor in my treadmill is going so the speeds are really off. But I got something in on it today. I also did 30 mins of some free weights lifting.

Good luck to everyone this week!!

AngelMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 12:11 PM   #154  
Workin' It

Sorry for not posting the last few days, with DSS, DHs uncle in the hospital & the gas shortage in Atlanta I was running around a lot...

I didn't exercise at all Saturday - I was just flat out lazy. DSS woke us up three times Friday night to get tucked back into bed and I swear every time he came in I had just managed to fall back asleep from the time before... I did do 45 minutes on the elliptical Sunday, 45 minutes elliptical + 20 min cardio yoga + 10 min ab exercise + 12 min kickboxing (well, shadow kickboxing, really) Monday, 37 min weight training + 30 min elliptical this AM, so I made my goal of 1800 minutes in September... I am scheduled for vacation for a week in October, so don't know what I'll set the October goal to be. Though, if we don't get gas here soon I won't be driving anywhere...

Claire - glad you are feeling better! DHs uncle was diagnosed with congestive heart failure. We are supposed to meet with the doctors this week to see what all that involves.

Angel - good job on working out when you didn't feel great! Just be careful, don't push too hard and make yourself sicker.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 07:25 PM   #155  

Angel - Great job... I agree with Shannon... don't overdue. It's ok just to do something small (better than nothing, right?)

Shannon - You are doing so awesome - at goal (!!!) -- so I think you can have an occasional lazy day off. As long as you don't sit back on your laurels and gain it all back, a rest day can actually be GOOD. So sorry to hear about your uncle. Will he be a candidate for any interventions? A bypass maybe? They can do such amazing things these days for cardiac problems, but I know that is a scary diagnosis for you and your husband.

We had a game today, so I just got home. Will have to be satisfied with some crunches, push ups, and stretching. I have a ton of papers that I must grade!

Busy week... glad to see the thread is still going. Take care, ladies!
Old 09-30-2008, 08:13 PM   #156  

Hey ladies!

Today I did a 30 min dance/aerobic video that I found on the web. I wanted to try something different!! It was fun but a bit challenging, I am not the best at dancing but I think I am going to try it again sometime this week. I am trying to find as many videos as I can before winter comes!! Walking in the cold and snow isnt all that appealing to me!!

Have a good night everyone! Keep up the good work!!

Old 09-30-2008, 08:20 PM   #157  
Workin' It

Wow my arms are sore tonight... It was my first morning today of my new planned routine - I'm going to cut my ellipitical down to 30 mins on three days per week and work o the Weider those days. I may even do some alternate cardio on those morning instead of elliptical, maybe kickboxing. I really enjoyed what I did with that last night.

Well, enjoyed the heck out of the Weider this morning, felt all invigorated when I was done, used better form than ever, and man oh man my arms hurt... A good hurt, but hurt nonetheless...
Old 09-30-2008, 09:53 PM   #158  

I want a Weider...
Old 10-01-2008, 04:45 PM   #159  
Workin' It

Claire, I never thought I would like it, but then DH pushed for it and I got excited. I'm enjoying it a lot.

Of course, 34 hours later and I'm still stiff, so we will see if I love it enough to get out of bed for it in the morning! Though, I don't blame it completely, I did some shadowboxing Monday night and realize now I might have been a little too vigorous with that...
Old 10-01-2008, 05:56 PM   #160  

Girl, you must be getting buff! Way to go on all those great workouts -- even if you did over do it a tad...I think we would consider investing in a Weider if we had space, but we just would have no where to put it :-(

I am beginning to feel downright slothful... between being so sick last week and so blasted busy because of field hockey, my exercise routine is really pitiful. Our game was canceled today (we were halfway there and had to turn around), so I'm home earlier than expected. I'm really trying to muster energy to work out. As much as I love the hockey, I am so ready for it to be over, so I can have some "me" time and WORK OUT time back!

Anyway, just wanted to say hello!
Old 10-01-2008, 07:42 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 280/270/175

I joined Netflix about a week ago and I got the Biggest loser workout today and it has 4 workouts you can do and I do 2 of them and I'm in love with these workouts. It kicked my butt but I'm in love
ezziriah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 08:02 PM   #162  

Hey Ladies!!

Shannon- My SO has something like a weider in the basement and I really think I am going to start using it soon!!

Ezziriah- I have one of the Biggest Loser workouts too and I love it. It really does kick your butt!!

Today I did 30 mins of my Biggest Loser workout, the kick boxing part of it!! And my little legs are sore!! I did 30 mins with my free weights!! I really, really think that lifting is my favorite thing to do now. I really love that I can see some of my muscles. I cannot wait to get the fat off so they are more noticable!!

Have a great night ladies!! Keep up the good work!!
Old 10-03-2008, 11:55 AM   #163  
Workin' It

Claire - I don't know if buff is the right word, but I'm liking the results so far! DH is still working on his certification exam, so I find myself filling my empty time while he studies with exercise... How long does the field hockey season last? I don't think I would have enough energy to exercise with as much as you have going on either...

Ezziriah - I tried a Biggest Loser routine on my video on demand on Monday night, and I stopped five minutes in because it was beating me down... Way to go at getting through two of them and loving them!

Angel - you should definitely use the equipment you have, though, take it from me - make sure you don't put on so much resistance that you can't complete the entire range of motion of the exercise... You'll regret that if you do, and teach yourself bad habits you then have to unlearn... I really enjoy mine, especially now that I use it the right way...

I did 45 minutes on the elliptical on Wed, can't remember if I posted that last or not, yesterday I did 30 mins on the elliptical, 50 mins on the Weider, legs and abs this time, then I was able to get the screen off the window so I could get the hose pipe in from outside and was able to fill up base of my weight bag with water so I could do 10 mins of kickboxing that actually had some impact instead of hitting and kicking into the air! That was fun, and worked out a lot of frustration. Today is my off exercise day so I'll stretch a little when I get home, but that will be it.

Good weekend all!
Old 10-06-2008, 02:26 PM   #164  

Hey ladies!!

Well on Wednesday of last week I did something to my hip. So I decided to take a few days off the let it get back to normal. And I am finally good!!

Yesterday me and my friends cleaned their garage and set up some exercise equipment (most of which we got for free)!! So I had to clean the whole garage yesterday and then when we were finished I used the stuff we set up. I walk/jogged on the treadmill for 30 mins, used the weight bench for leg exercises for 20 mins and rode the bike for a 5 min cool down!! It felt like I went to a "real" gym!!

Today I did 45 mins of free weights at home.

Keep up the good work girls!!

Last edited by AngelMae; 10-06-2008 at 02:26 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-06-2008, 02:39 PM   #165  
Workin' It

Hey there ladies!

First, DH passed his test, so is going to want to hang around with me more in the evenings, so I have to get more creative on my workout time! And, I have to start prodding him back into exercising!

Saturday I did 50 minutes on the Weider: shoulder, chest and back exercises, 15 minutes of high intensity kickboxing. Sunday I did 45 mins on the elliptical, 20 mins of cardio yoga and 20 mins of kickboxing. This morning I slept late so am exercising when I get home. I'm targeting 50 minutes of arm and ab on teh Weider, 30 minutes of slow cardio on the elliptical, maybe 20ish minutes of kickboxing because I have some repressed stress to pound out!

Angel - good job! The setup sounds great!