Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-04-2007, 01:42 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Well, I don't know if this was the right decision or not, but this morning, as I headed out I decided to move to D1W6. I made it--well, all but the last minute of the last interval.

but I have made a decision which I think will be right for me--I am going to alternate between Days 1 and 2 of Weeks 5 and 6 until the weather cools off and I feel that I can really tackle D3W5. Right now it is such a push to complete 8 minutes (but the two intervals of 8 are quite "doable" for me). I don't know how I'll fare on two intervals of 10 minutes since eight seems to be stretching it for me. I may even stick with doing D2W5 for another 2 or 3 weeks (or more) until I feel ready to move on. I sure like 2 intervals better than 3 intervals, though. Maybe it means that I'm closer than I realize to a complete run.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 03:41 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Well after doing a sort of "week 0.5" last week, I'm really going to try to do Week 1 this week.

As I was home over the weekend, my mum and I were talking about how my (long-time smoker) friend is having an easier time with Ct5K than I am. She thinks it's because I have to move 50lbs more than my friend does with every step. Makes sense, and is one more infuriating thing about being overweight. Grrr.

Wish me luck!
practiceliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:24 PM   #18  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

I have not been able to duplicate my 29 minute run from a few weeks ago. Somewhere around 20, I poop out. I have been using my home treadmill, which is a step down from the one at the gym.

It was a really weird run today, though. I got in 25 minutes, spread out. However, when I was running at 5.4, I just felt out of step. I popped up to 6.0, and things felt better, but clearly I could not maintain that pace.

At least when I took two minutes to walk, I made myself go on the incline....talk about incentive to keep running!
onthetee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:39 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

Good morning everyone-
I'm taking today off to take my sister to the dentist. I just finished W2D2 and boy my legs hurt. I might need to redo week 2 but I'll wait and see how it goes on Friday.
Have a great day
teacher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 06:45 PM   #20  
Binge Day 2

S/C/G: 206/192/140

Height: 5'2

OK Ladies. I'm am going to try this out. I really want this and I think I can probably lose alot of weight doing it. So I hope I get some support lol. I will need it.
JBak590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 06:49 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBak590 View Post
OK Ladies. I'm am going to try this out. I really want this and I think I can probably lose alot of weight doing it. So I hope I get some support lol. I will need it.
Excellent choice!!!! Are you doing it outside or on a treadmill? Are you going to time yourself or download the podcasts? We have a little of everything here! Personally I'm an outsider using the podcasts and am currently attempting to get past week 5--it's tough!!!
Old 09-05-2007, 07:02 PM   #22  

JBAK590- Welcome! I'm only on Week 2 but it helps to check in here. I use the podcasts like Allison but I'm a treadmill gal. Good luck
Old 09-05-2007, 07:09 PM   #23  
Binge Day 2

lol OK so I need some help what is a podcast? Is there a website I can go to and find all this stuff out. I have been reading it up on here. I really want to be able to run 5 miles. I have started out with walking though. Is this alright?
Old 09-05-2007, 08:47 PM   #24  

JBak590-
I downloaded the Robert Ullrey podcast from the itune store for free Walking is part of the C25K program but have you pulled the program from the Cool Running website?

Question to the Pros of C25K-
Did anyone have to repeat weeks? If so, what weeks?

Last edited by teacher1; 09-05-2007 at 08:49 PM.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:34 AM   #25  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Well I have taken 2 days off after a junky run on Monday. Going to give it another try tomorrow but I am in some pain still. This stinks so bad!

I am taking my kids to the pool tomorrow and am hoping to get in a good water jog there if I poop out on the treadmill. At least that will be something, right? LOL!
cakses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 08:28 AM   #26  
Getting there...

S/C/G: 195.6/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

Allison and onthetee - don't get "stuck" worrying about continuous running. The club I used to belong to (previous address) rarely did runs where they were running 100% of the time, they usually did 10/1 (minute) run/walk intervals. Different runners have different opinions, some don't like this, others swear it makes their race times better.

So if you never get "past" 20 mins, or whatever feels right, don't sweat it. Or do sweat, but take those breaks! And enjoy your running. You are a runner, whether you walk some of the time or not.

Jax
jaxjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 08:49 AM   #27  
Binge Day 2

OK so..I am on W1D5 ..Im suppose to walk 30 minutes with no running yet. Is that right?
Old 09-06-2007, 10:01 AM   #28  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Oops I'm thinking I posted in the wrong thread. I posted this in the cool runners thread, but maybe this is actually the thread for the starters huh?

I never knew what "Cool Running" was until I googled Couch to 5 k yesterday! LOL! After reading some threads about running and what it has done for people I have decided to get on the program. I printed it out last night and I am starting on Monday (9/10/07)! Don't wanna start today because I wanna do the M-W-F like it say's on the thingy, guess I am OCD that way!

Anywho will continue my daily 2 mile walk until then.
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:35 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher1 View Post
JBak590-
I downloaded the Robert Ullrey podcast from the itune store for free Walking is part of the C25K program but have you pulled the program from the Cool Running website?

Question to the Pros of C25K-
Did anyone have to repeat weeks? If so, what weeks?
Yes, those are the podcasts that we're using. They follow the same progression as the C25K program from cool running. Cool running itself doesn't have podcasts. but you got the right ones (probably the only ones!).

I did my run this morning in a much cooler climate! I think it was about 12 degrees cooler than usual. It's much nicer running in 77 degree temps rather than 89! AND there was another runner out!!! She had the sense to bring a flashlight! I just have my dog. Which reminds me, I really ought to find some sort of vest for me and the dog with reflector tape on it--just to be safe. Anyway, I attempted D2W5 today and didn't quite get it all in. It is supposed to be 8r5w8r with the warmup and cool down. Instead I did 6r3w2r1w10r or something close to that. One day, I'll get there. If only the first part weren't all uphill!

Diva~welcome!!! I do Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday so I only have to get up early one day!!! I don't work on Saturdays.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:55 PM   #30  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Well, I am way off "program" but still giving it a shot! I ran 1 mile today instead of doing a certain amount of time. At the 1 mile mark I was tired and leaning on my right leg too much so I decided to walk for a few minutes. When I tried to run again, I got in 2 minutes and just didn't feel right so I finished with over a mile of colldown walking. Got in 2.63 miles total. So better than the nothing I did on Tuesday and Wednesday.

I think the plan is to just add maybe a .10-.20 mile each day I run until I get up to the 3.25 miles of C25K then call myself a "graduate".
cakses is offline   Reply With Quote