Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-12-2007, 02:23 PM   #76  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Awww Serena - stupid technology! It's supposed to make life LESS complicated... but it rarely does! Good luck!
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:10 PM   #77  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

After all the whining and crying about not running well, I had a great run today. I did 1.3 like it was nothing, but I did not time myself or push too hard. I walked .3, then finished with another .7. Would have done more, but I had no idea how far I had gone, and I did not want to push it.

It appears that my treadmill is the problem. I was on the road today and loved it!
onthetee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 07:56 AM   #78  
Getting there...

S/C/G: 195.6/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

onthetee - I have a similar problem with the treadmill. Just being able to see my "progress" in distance makes me impatient. I have to cover the display! Outside I don't know how far I've run and I watch the scenery.

Glad you had a good run!

Jax

Last edited by jaxjob; 09-13-2007 at 07:56 AM. Reason: apparantly I still can't spell...
jaxjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 05:14 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

I did a good run today. Kind of a cross between D2 on W5 and W6--run 8, walk 2, run 10. Not too shabby.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 11:19 AM   #80  

I did it!!!! I completed D3W5 (the 20 minute run) without stopping!!!! I never thought I'd see the day. And it took me, what?, 3 weeks or more to work up to it. But I did it!!!!

And to think that as I left the house this morning I had thoughts of turning back. I got to bed late (high school football game that ended very late), I was tired, I have gained 4 pounds in 2 days (what on earth is going on there?) and I got a late start so I knew the sun would be in my eyes (can't run with sunglasses on). I don't know what happened, but 5 minutes were a breeze, when the end of the 8 minutes came, I just kept plodding on, when I hit 10 minutes I turned back toward home and from there it's all down hill (I ought to take photos of my route so you can see my definition of "uphill" and "downhill"--it really isn't as extreme as it sounds). I didn't get any side stitches. It was cool enough that sweat wasn't rolling off my face forcing me to constantly wipe it away. I'm so excited!
Old 09-15-2007, 11:43 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/150

Height: 5'7 1/2

I knew you could do it Allison!!
LeedaRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 12:10 PM   #82  

Quote:
can't run with sunglasses on
Try a cap. They make them in light weights and wicking fibers.
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 01:41 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

Allison- Congrats!

I just finished redoing week 2. I'll start week 3 on Monday. I'm sure I'll have to redo that week too. I just trying to take my time with my asthma.
teacher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 02:01 PM   #84  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaMaria View Post
Try a cap. They make them in light weights and wicking fibers.
I have a couple caps--I just didn't bother with it today. I want a new one so I'm going shopping today. I also need to find reflective arm bands for when I run early in the morning. I finally got a lighted collar and leash for my dog!
Old 09-15-2007, 02:37 PM   #85  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Red face

You're all doing so well, I am enivous. I guess I'll start this in October. After my incident with the truck I have been working out in doors doing WATP's and stuff. The only jogging going on with me is jogging in place when Leslie(WATP) is marching....Something's better than nothing. That's more jogging Igave done in 28 yrs! LOL!
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 03:10 PM   #86  
Accepting who she is

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
I did it!!!! I completed D3W5 (the 20 minute run) without stopping!!!! I never thought I'd see the day. And it took me, what?, 3 weeks or more to work up to it. But I did it!!!!

And to think that as I left the house this morning I had thoughts of turning back. I got to bed late (high school football game that ended very late), I was tired, I have gained 4 pounds in 2 days (what on earth is going on there?) and I got a late start so I knew the sun would be in my eyes (can't run with sunglasses on). I don't know what happened, but 5 minutes were a breeze, when the end of the 8 minutes came, I just kept plodding on, when I hit 10 minutes I turned back toward home and from there it's all down hill (I ought to take photos of my route so you can see my definition of "uphill" and "downhill"--it really isn't as extreme as it sounds). I didn't get any side stitches. It was cool enough that sweat wasn't rolling off my face forcing me to constantly wipe it away. I'm so excited!
The 20 minutes in a row was my toughest. Great job!!
Old 09-15-2007, 03:17 PM   #87  

FWIW, when it's me I want to be reflecting on a bigger part of my body--torso rather than arms, which aren't terribly visible from behind. I figure that if I feel the need to be more visible to cars, I should be a LOT more visible.

Amphipod and Nathan are two of the major brands in reflective vests.
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 09:44 PM   #88  
Accepting who she is

I have a reflective vest that I really like. DH got it for me when I was pregnant six years ago, and I know that I am very visible.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:45 AM   #89  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Woo hoo Allison, congrats on the 20!

I'm jus tnot coming back after this injury. Going to hit the gym to do some weights this week to see if that will help. Now that I have the treadmill I never want to make the drive to the gym (30 mins away).
cakses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 12:21 PM   #90  

Well, I found some nice reflective arm bands yesterday, so I feel a little better. That and the dog leash/collar that light up ought to make us quite visible. DH and I did our weekly walk with the dogs and it was such a beautiful morning. Fall is very close! I think I might be getting close to convincing DH that he really needs to get into shape--all my talk about running might, just might, sway him the right way.