Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 10-17-2006, 07:01 AM   #16  

Good morning and welcome to Fibro where it is permissable to whine and get it over with. Someone told us about a lady looking for an apt. now-checking it out-means maybe a week postponing-I have to say if it's God's will.
I am hurting and my stomache is not 100% but it's not bad. I think I will get a massage.
When a church loses memebers, there must be a reason. We are so happy in brad's new church-such nice people. We have to do something together that is God,s calling before the next meeting. I guess it will have to be simple because Brad is working 6 days a week. he is going to work with the plumber to install a boiler at his church. They have electric heat and it is too expensive. Think I can pipe ??
Give me a simple idea.
Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 02:17 PM   #17  

You could always teach Brad to quilt!!!
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 02:25 PM   #18  

Hi girls.

Joyful - welcome to our thread. Hope you feel at home here.

Mima - Sounds like Brad keeps busy. Didn't he retire at some point?

Chris - I live in Canada, so I HAVE to like the snow. It is a very long winter otherwise. Actually, I quite like winter and it is very dry where I live, so I feel good when it is cold and dry.

Don't know much. Got my house cleaned up yesterday, so now I am FREE! I am heading out to the Mall for a bit and then to visit a friend that just got diagnosed with Spinal Stenosis and is looking at surgery down the road. She really has had a bad time of it lately.

Hope you all have a good day.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 03:16 PM   #19  
A matter of time

S/C/G: 301/250/145

Height: 5'4"

Welcome to the group joyful. I am fairly new myself but find it a geat place to be.

I find that I am less tolerant of the cold and snow now that I have been down here in Virginia for 6 years. Years ago 50 felt warm, now it is so cold. At 50 I am all bundled up like it is freezing out.

I am really stressing today. Must likely because it is rainy and cold (53) today. I need to go to the store but keep putting it off. Now I am making excuses as to why I don't need to go. I am struggling not to eat...I really want to sit on the couch, watch a movie and PIG out.

I am addicted to the scales...every time I am in the bathroom I step on them. The past 2 days I have been up 2 pounds (272 instead of 270). By noon I am back down to 270 and then go up some after that. I can't understand why I have gained the weight in the morning and then loss it. I am staying on program completely. I am not getting as much walking in as I would like, but that shouldn't give me a gain. I am at a loss and really bummed out by it.
CarebearsChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 08:37 PM   #20  

Chris, when we were kids we always went to Grand Haven most summers. Now we head for Mackinaw City. Stopping in Frankenmuth is always fun too. I starting aching yesterday when the rain started, and it has lasted most of today. I was glad it was an off day because I slept off and on most of the day. Don't be bummed by the scales (easier said than done)!! You are doing great!!

Welcome to joyful!!!

Hello to everyone!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 06:17 AM   #21  

Good morning. Chris, when everything I ate bothered me, I ate applesauce and peaches that were in a little container. Wondering if that would help the IBS?
Cleaned a bit outside yesterday-tired today. Going to the podiatrist. Now I am tired of cleaning-maybe I will walk tomorrow,
It's freezing here-. Meme-did you get some bad weather.
One more day Joanne. Prayers for you. Mima
Old 10-18-2006, 12:59 PM   #22  

Good morning. Well at least there is NO snow today. The snow that did fall is long gone and we are on our way to a couple of nice days again. They tell us it is supposed to be a mild winter, as Elnino is playing again in the Pacific Ocean. Hope they are right!

Chris - the body fluctuates during the day, holding on to fluid. That is why they say to weigh in at the same time - ONCE A WEEK!!!! Don't do this to yourself. If you are addicted, then toss out the scale. You will know you are still losing by how your clothes are fitting.

Joanne - Tomorrow it will be over and done and you will be able to see again. My neighbor had this done, one eye at a time and she was 82. Said she could now see, and she could see where she had missed cleaning Anyway, both times all was well and she was fine. I know you will be as well.

Mima - hope you get to walk tomorrow. I am going to go to the mall later so I will be walking as well.

Here is a site that has an exercise DVD called FIBROGA. The lady couldn't do yoga with a fibro body, so she worked with a yoga instructor and came up with yoga for fibromyalgia people. Take a look.

http://www.thegroveapproach.citymake...ge/1902728.htm
Old 10-18-2006, 02:06 PM   #23  

Default Hey There

5 pm tomorrow they will do the L eye. Nov.2 the r eye.. I'm not worried..
Chris- Don't panic with the scale.. My weight goes up and down all week. Water balance.You will get there. Just keep doing what you are doing..
Welcome myjoy... We have a good group here..
Hello everybody...Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 09:42 PM   #24  

Joanne, plenty of prayers will be with you tomorrow! Take care!! Do what the doctor says!!!

I stayed home today and slept. Did the same thing yesterday. Bob slept most of the day Monday. I assumed my problem was the fibro, but we've decided that we've had a bug of some kind. Headaches for both of us, and some tummy pains. Tomorrow is an "at Home" day, and I am glad. I went to the Y tonight for the water aerobics. I seriously thought that I could fall asleep in the pool!
Old 10-18-2006, 11:36 PM   #25  
A matter of time

S/C/G: 301/250/145

Height: 5'4"

I would like to thank everyone for their kind words while I have battle the scale issue. I was so freaked out about a gain that it was killing me. BUT I got to thinking about it. When I weighed in at 270 I just had a bad IBS day and my body was completely cleaned out (if you know what I mean). There was nothing in my system. So of course once I started eating and had a full system I weighed more. Makes sense now...but didn't then. I am completely over the trauma now. I haven't been walking. It has been raining here and the SAD (seasonal affective disorder) was kickin in high gear. Today was a nice sunny day and I felt better today. I hear we are in for more rain so the blues will be back I am sure.

Joann--What are you having done to your eyes? I wish you well with that.
CarebearsChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 12:40 AM   #26  

Hi Joyful. Welcome.

I agree about the ups and downs ... I get them a lot!

Yep, had a lot of bad weather. Had a good day today but about to have another bad one tomorrow - more rain. Went to Chattanooga with daughter to take Ross back to Dr. today. Got some shopping and lunch in after. Nice. Enjoyed that. Bought some things for Kaylyn's BD coming up in a couple of weeks. Can't believe she'll be 9 (son's daughter). She's so dramatic about everything so I got her a shirt that says 'Drama Queen' on it and another shirt that's the new 'wrinkled' material and has the little vest like top that ties in front with sequins all over it. Also got her some expensive low cut panties with designs on them at Penney's. (I bought Jenna - my 7 yr. old GD who was with me - some, too. She was so excited.) Love shopping for those little girls. They won't be little long! Then I bought a Christmas CD for my church Choir. Beautiful music. Hope we can learn it by Christmas along with the Cantata we are learning for Dec. 17th. I bought one for the youth Choir, too. Come to think of it, the only thing I bought for myself this time is some mint foot cream. I DONE GOOD! (But boy, am I ever tired!)
Old 10-19-2006, 06:31 AM   #27  

I want to go to your Cantata, Meme!!!
Prayers for you Joanne.
I think a truck ran over me-probably a sinus thing-don't think I will go to Auntie's today but I may force myself to walk.
Don't klnow if this is going to work out, but we heard of someone interested in the apt. Told that she was weird because she listened to Christian music all day. Guee that would correspond with the Southern Gospel station I listen to.
Anne, I am very interested in the yoga tape. I was into yoga big time til the fibro came along.Actually, ripped my rotator cuff doing a video. Because I overstretched.
Chris, my gf only weighs herself once in a while and goes by how her clothes fit. Which means I have gained because my clothes are tight again!!. I have been bad. If you have IBS, don't go grocery shopping after you drink plum juice with magnesium. Haha!!
Bye Mima
Old 10-19-2006, 07:18 PM   #28  

Hello to everybody.

Meme - You are such a busy bee. Always on the go. It is getting to that time of year I guess - thinking of Christmas. Ashley falls into the same age as your gdaughters. I saw a cute little skirt and sweater set at Sears that I am going to get for her. The sweater set consists of a shell and a long sleeved tie at the diaphram sweater. Cute and it has some glitter, which all the little girly girls like. I, also, got the kids FLOAM.

http://www.buyfloam.com/?cid=132025

It says it is for kids, but teenagers like it to, so I got it.

Mima - hope you feel better. Seems like once something gets better, something else erupts.

Joanne - hope all went well for you today and that you are feeling good.

Chris - IBS is so terrible. Hope it has cleared up for you now. Coffee, sugar, and Bran are what set me off most of the time. Eating lots of veggies, and 3 fruit a day seem to be ok.

Tammy - hope you ad hubby are feeling better today. Some nasty viruses around this time of year.

Who gets the flu shot here? I don't think I am going to have one this year. Only had one last year for the first time.

Went for a 1 hr. massage this morning, followed by a chiro treatment. Feeling pretty good, although it is starting to stiffen up a bit. A nice warm bath later will help that out.

Hope everybody has a nice evening.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:21 PM   #29  

Did quite a bit of sleeping again today, but I think we are better than we were. I'm going to school in the morning.

Meme, the shopping trip sound great! Good for you on getting some nice things.

Mima, I listen to Christian music too, so I guess I'm kind of weird.

Anne, I've never gotten a flu shot. The massage and chiro sound good. Maybe I need to call and get an appointment.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:49 AM   #30  

Gee ... what does that make me??? I SING Christian music!!!

You are all invited to our Cantata. It will be 10:30 A.M, Sun., Dec. 17th at Friendship Church of God. As incentive, if you come, I will take you out to lunch!

I'm trying not to be so busy. I've been hurting so bad lately that I've stopped doing a lot of unnecessary 'stuff'. Today I didn't do hardly anything. Hubby came home a cooked dinner ... under much protest. I feel extreemly guilty when he does that. But he wouldn't let me do anything. I suggested he go get some subs but he wanted to cook ...

It is raining again. Supposed to clear off tomorrow afternoon but more coming in on Sunday. It has turned cold, too. Don't like cold!