3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Dieting with Obstacles (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles-14/)
-   -   Fibromyalgia #160 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/dieting-obstacles/95966-fibromyalgia-160-a.html)

Happy Canuk 10-14-2006 01:04 PM

Fibromyalgia #160

it's Time For A New Thread. We Have Been Quite Talkative Lately

CarebearsChris 10-14-2006 03:55 PM

No I have not tried probiotics. I do eat at least 2 containers of yogurt a day...sometimes 3. I will have to talk to my new doctor about that when I see him on November 2, 2006. OH I don't like changing doctors....but it is for the best.

Joanne D 10-14-2006 06:39 PM

Hey There

I was having the cramps again today.. The hubby said 'let's go to health food store and get the peppermint caps.. ' So off we went.. 16.dollars. I have taken 2 so far and no cramps . maybe they were going to stop anyhow. After all these years of pain if this helps then I don'y mind the cost.. I will look for them at Sam's or Walmart. They may have them and should be cheaper.
Joanne

CarebearsChris 10-14-2006 08:31 PM

The difference a day makes. Thursday I felt like death warmed over. Yesterday I felt better but still not all that good. Today I feel like I could conquer the world. Of course I know better than to try that one. Got some walking in today thou.

Hope everyone is doing good.

Tammy 10-14-2006 10:08 PM

Anne, my "normal" days are going to be M-W-F. This past week since we didn't have school on Friday, I went M-W-Th. After school on Th, I was totally pooed out. Slept off and on all day Friday too. I think you are being very smart taking Wed. off. 4 days in a row is too much. Heck, I couldn't even make it 3 in a row a couple times this year.

Chris, I usually eat at least 1 container of yogurt a day. I was reading in a magazine today about women not getting enough calcium because they cut out dairy products when they attempt to lose weight. Makes sense that I wouldn't get enough calcium, so I've been trying to do better.

My nephew is in 8th grade, and he is 13 years old. I think he is pretty immature for his age. I'm comparing him to Tim at that age. We're taking him home in the morning on the way to church. He said that his parents turned the heat off when they left for the weekend. I told him that I thought he should turn it on when he gets home. He has no idea how to run the thermostat. I was shocked! They won't be home until later in the day, so I'll go in the house and turn it on before I go on to church. Their poor cat has to be freezing! I don't understand my brother and SIL sometimes.

Joanne, I'm so glad that you tried the peppermint! Hope it continues to help you. I don't like pain.

Meme, I hope the minister is someone that will be good for everyone. I had to chuckle when you mentioned that he looked preppie. My nephew and I went to see Tim today, and you described a couple of people that I saw on campus. Of course, I saw some pretty grubby people too. Let us know what you think of the minister after tomorrow.

Had a wonderful visit with Tim today. Went to Meijer and bought some necessities (Coke, muffins, laundry soap). We ate at the Student Center and just had time to chat. That's the first that Tim and Danny have seen each other since July, so that was nice. Bob was doing things at the old house, so he didn't go along.

Mima 10-15-2006 06:40 AM

Congrats on the 2 lbs Anne and I agree about your schedule. That fibro and pain generally makes you tired. I got 9 hours sleep last night-wow!!!
I only pd 12 for my capsules. But now I don;t have to take them all the time although I ate stuff I shouldn't in the past 2 days. I am so glad for you, Joanne. I guess the stomache needs to calm down . And you Chris.
What church in FL , Meme. Boy, there are some big churches there. Our pastor in FL gets at least 160,000. But the church has over 6,000 people,
Brad has a cold. He works so hard. Hope he doesn't share-I got some zinc from Walmart.
Went to a bd party at Brad's church for a lady who turned 80. I gave her one of the bibs I make out of towels saying that everyone over 50 needs one.
Hope she has a sense of humor.
Bye for now, Mima

CarebearsChris 10-15-2006 11:57 AM

Today is weigh in day for me. I have lost another 5 pounds bringing the total weight loss to 20 pounds. However, I don't care to loss that much if it means getting as sick as I was Thursday.

Hope everyone is having a good day

MemeToo 10-16-2006 12:14 AM

Congratulations on the weight loss ... doin' good!

Hope you can handle the 4 days a week, Anne. I don't think I could do that right now. Oh, I could do it for a week or two, maybe, but I couldn't keep it up continually. I'd have to crash eventually. I'm not even sure I could do it for a week or two right now. I'm just bone weary tired all the time. Almost fell asleep in church tonight and that's something I just don't do.

OK ... the preacher. He is really good. I liked him a lot. Like his wife, too. They seem to have great personalities and everybody at church seemed to like them (they lost the 'preppie' look today). She sang this morning and they both sang tonight and did a fabulous job. I guess they are a 'shoe-in'. We will have a vote on them next Sunday night so I won't know for sure until then - but I'm pretty sure now that if he'll have us we'll probably have him! ;) After meeting SOME of our people, they may not have us! :p One of our elderly ladies told them last night that we were being on our best behavior (some were acting particularly goofy) ... the minister's wife winked at her and said, "so are we!" I thought, yep ... you will fit right in! They commented on the fact that we sure liked to 'fellowship' a lot! HA We had a 'fellowship' yesterday for them at the church from 2 to 4 with finger foods. Then there were about 30 of us who got together last night at a restaurant in town for dinner at 7. Then today after church we all went out to eat ... we had so many they had to seat us on two different sides of the restaurant at Chili's. Then tonight after church there were so many of us that Shoney's gave us the whole back room. I told one couple that I've never seen such a large group of people enjoy each other's company so much and so often. It's like they can't wait to get to church and no one wants to leave. And the church is growing because of that. When people come to visit, they feel that love that the people have for each other ... they want to be there. I can't remember the name of the church where the minister is now, Mima. I'll think of it though. But he is not the pastor over the whole church, he is the pastor of the seniors. The church where he is now has several pastors. His church is in transition and getting a new pastor so he is filling in as fulltime pastor right now and is afraid he will be out of a job period when the new pastor comes because he will bring his own staff with him. Plus, he wants his own church.

If I were to sleep for 9 whole hrs. I'd think something was wrong with me! Was that straight through? That lady may have thought you were trying to tell her she was a messy eater or something! How funny!!! Happy Birthday ... here have a bib, you're drooling! :D

I know I don't get enought calcium. I was taking tablets but I've even quit doing that now. Don't know why, either ... just quit. I don't like milk and yogurt gives me headaches. I need to start back taking the tablets before my bones start breaking. Thanks for reminding me!

That's pretty funny about your nephew not knowing how to turn the heat on, Tammy. Maybe the cat could show him! :devil: I think my kids knew how to do stuff like that when they were about 8 or 9. I'd always be telling them to turn it up or down ... to match whatever mood I was in. We also had a Fisher stove in the den that my son had to put wood in when he was your nephew's age and he knew how to change a fuse in the older fuse boxes, too. Children today don't do much around the house, do they?

Where is Candice? Haven't heard from her in ages.

Mima 10-16-2006 07:17 AM

Good morning. In FL, they have a Pastor just for seniors too. He sure sounds like the right fit for your church, When we are in Fl-we go out after church in the morming and then again at night also. Miss that up here. But Brad and I went to Kmart and then to eat at the 99 Restaurant.
Yes I slept 9 hours straight. But not last night-couldn't find my ear plugs!
Chris-you are doing well. Sympathize with you about your stomache. Really, go to the Health store and get peppermint oil capsules. You can research their effectiveness on line.
I can wear shoes again!!!
We are noticing the cold a lot. That's why we went to FL early last year.
Joanne-don't worry about your durgery-it's almost over. Bye for now-Mima

Happy Canuk 10-16-2006 02:04 PM

I woke up to a lovely carpet of snow. It isn't much, but it is sticking to the ground and the trees in the Ravine. Not on the pavement. I guess it is that time of year. Seems early, but then we often have a snow fall before Halloween and then Indian summer comes along. I do hope that is the case. They are prediciting a very mild winter. Can't be much milder than last year. It has been a good 10 yrs since we had a ton of snow.

Good going on the weightloss Chris. There isn't enough bacteria culture in Yogurt to do much good. You have to take the probiotics to have a healthy "gut".

I do hope everybody who is having IBS flares is faring better today. That is just nasty. Haven't really had one for a couple of years (I say this with crossed fingers and toes).

Meme - I hope this new minister works out for your church. Seems like you have found a new home. I guess maybe it was meant to be. Like you, for some reason, I decided to stop taking all my supplements. I have now started again, upon going back to see the Naturpath and they seem to be helping. Calcium is so important.

Joanne - did you try a different church this past Sunday? I hope you are feeling lots better.

Tammy - Glad you had a good visit with Tim. Now that nephew should make it his business to learn stuff about life! His parents should be teaching him. My goodness, even my little 8 yr old gd knows how to turn up the temperature and make herself something to eat.

Candice - if you ever come to read, stop in and say hi! Have you moved yet? Seems ages since we heard from you.

Mima - Soon it will be time to leave. I guess your TG isn't until the end of Novemember though. My brother and SIL leave for Arizona on the 22 Oct. They bought a lot in Yuma and had a modular home put on it this past season. They only had 10 days in it so they are anxious to get back there. As I said before, people from Western Canada go to Arizona and people from Eastern Canada go to Florida. I suppose there are a few from each side that slip through the cracks:D

Here is a nice little read about Grandmas. Enjoy.

Grandmas are Moms with lots of frosting on top. Author Unknown

What a bargain grandchildren are! I give them my loose change and they give me a million dollars worth of pleasure. Gene Perret

Grandmothers are just antique little girls. Author Unknown

Perfect love sometimes does not come until the first grandchild. Welsh Proverb

A grandmother is a baby-sitter who watches the kids instead of the television. Author Unknown

Becoming a grandmother is wonderful. One moment you're just a mother. The next you are all-wise and prehistoric. Pam Brown

Grandchildren don't stay young forever, which is good because Granddaddies have only so many horsey rides in them. Gene Perret

Grandmother always made you feel she had been waiting to see just you all day and now the day was complete. Marcy DeMaree

Grandmas never run out of hugs or cookies. Author Unknown .

Grandmothers hold our tiny hands for just a little while, but our hearts forever. Author Unknown

If I had known how wonderful it would be to have grandchildren, I'd have had them first. Lois Wyse

My Grandkids believe I'm the oldest thing in the world & after 2 or 3 hours with them, I believe it, too. Gene Perret

If becoming a grandmother was only a matter of choice, I should advise every one of you straight away to become one. There is no fun for old people like it! Hannah Whithall Smith

It's such a grand thing to be a mother of a mother -- that's why the world calls her grandmother. Author Unknown

Grandchildren are God's way of compensating us for growing old. Mary H. Waldrip

You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother. Proverb

An hour with your grandchildren makes you feel young again. Anything longer than that & you start to age quickly. Gene Perret

I wish I had the energy that my grandchildren have -- if only for self-defense. Gene Perret

Grandmother-grandchild relationships are simple. Grandmas are short on criticism and long on love. Author Unknown

Nobody can do for little children what Grandparents do. They sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children. Alex Haley

Grandmother - a wonderful mother with lots of practice. Author Unknown

A Grandparent is old on the outside but young on the inside. Author Unknown

One of the most powerful handclasps is that of a new Grandbaby around the finger of a Grandfather. Joy Hargrove

It's amazing how Grandparents seem so young once you become one. Author Unknown

If your baby is "beautiful & perfect, never cries or fusses, sleeps on schedule & burps on demand, an angel all the time," you're the Grandma. Teresa Bloomingdale

Grandparents are similar to a piece of string, handy to have around & easily wrapped around the fingers of their Grandchildren. Author Unknown

What is it about Grandparents that is so lovely? I'd like to say that Grandparents are God's gifts to children. And if they can but see, hear and feel what these people have to give, they can mature at a faster rate. Bill Cosby

Grandchildren don't make a man feel old; it's the knowledge that he's married to a Grandmother. G. Norman Collie

CarebearsChris 10-16-2006 02:14 PM

I grow up in northern New York and then lived for 12 years in Michigan. I can say I don't miss the snow at all. It is so strange here...the mention of snow in the forecast and everyone runs to the store for milk and bread. Then everything closes up...schools, colleges, banks, EVERYTHING. No one goes any where. Nine out of tem times we get NOTHING....not even a flake. And if it should happen to snow we might get an inch or 2 and it is gone in days. To me now snow is a 4 letter dirty word.

I have laid off the fruits for a few days and so far no more IBS attacks. I will slowly add them back into the diet. When I go to the new doc on November 2 I will see what he has to suggest about it.

Joanne D 10-16-2006 07:00 PM

Hey There

Happy- I talked to my Daughter-in-law. Found out that they were not happy at the church either. They thought we were and didn't want to say anything. I didn't go to church this past sunday. Next sunday if my eye feels ok we will go to another one.It is just 2 blocks away in the opposite direction of the one we were going to.It is earlier but that is ok.
Chris- Good weight loss.. Keep up the good work..
Tammy- Kids have so many other things on their minds that practical things just don't get there.Take away TV . vidio games, etc and it would be surprising what they would learn.
Meme- Hope the new minister works out.. I heard that the Baptist church I was going to had a youngish one with new ideas and they got rid of him. Just about all the members left too. I counted 22 people ,and that included the minister and small children ,Sunday.When we were singing ,I thought I was the only one there. I didn't hear anyone else. There were three ladies in front of me and two of them went to sleep.SAD.
Mima- Just 2 more days. My daughter said I will be leaning sideways. I just wish they would do both eyes at the same time and get it over with..
I still have my turkey in the yard. I heard he visits around the neighborhood. He has been here 2 days this time. I guess he likes the corn my hubby throws out. I call him he because I am not sure what sex he is. My neighbor thinks it is a male and my son-in-law says he is a female. He has lived in the country all his life so he may know more.
Joanne

Tammy 10-16-2006 09:57 PM

Mima, I am always spilling stuff on myself, so those bibs are a great idea!

Chris, good for you on the loss! Where did you live in Michigan? We go up almost every summer.

Meme, the new preacher sounds great, and so does your church!! Too bad I don't live closer. lol

Meme and Anne, I agree about my nephew not knowing how to do things. Just blows me away! He'll be in high school next year!!! Good grief! I'm so glad that he and his brother are in Boy Scouts. At least they get out and learn to do some things.

Joanne, I think what really got me with my nephew was that he brought a couple of toys (not the kind 8th graders play with) and he didn't know how to make the bed. I know he and his brother have video games, and they constantly watch TV. Tim always watched the History and Discovery channels. Maybe we were the ones raising the strange kid!! He also could do laundry in 4th grade. funny about the others not liking the church either!!! You all lucked out! that turkey better take off before Thanksgiving gets here!!!

CarebearsChris 10-16-2006 10:00 PM

I lived near Saginaw....my ex's family lives in AuGres.

mzjoyful2 10-16-2006 11:15 PM

WOW! the first topic I saw as I entered jumped out at me! FIBROMYALGIA! I was dx'd with this back in 1999 after suffering way too many years. I was just about ready to go to bed, but now I have to read these posts.

My weigh in tonight I made it to 20 lbs. lost, 10%!!! I am really pleased as can be.

Maybe tomorrow I will be able to spend some more time here.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-st...50.6/20.1/.png