Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 11-02-2005, 10:41 PM   #46  

Hi everybody

Mima - glad you made it to Florida. I woke up to a nice blanket of white this morning, but it is now gone. One of these days, it will stick around.

Tammy - hope you are feeling ok. Getting blood work done is the pits. I had to do that today as well - unexpectedly! The job I have is in a lab, and they ran a test for a couple of different things - 3 vials of blood. Yukk!!!!

Joanne - glad to see you back. Sounds like you had a good time.

Meme - hello, wherever you are. Hope you are feeling better.

Well, I started my pt job on Monday. So far so good. Just lots to learn, but it should come quickly. I am not braindead YET I am fighting a cold, here. Sore throat, running nose, plugged ears. Makes it hard to concentrate, so am hoping next week will be a lot different.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 07:24 AM   #47  

Hi-Like Joanne, it takes too long to get on this site and sometimes I give up. I am on dial-up now-miss that DSL. But I have a new laptop which is very fast . We will see. My son says I can use his backup ISP. WE are settling in!! Good weather-went to the WEd. service at church. Dennis the Menace Evan is coming over this morning for a trial visit. He was so cute on halloween-an engineer, If I could download my pics, I could show you but I left my cd at home, not remembering I have a new computer. $500 for a Dell laptop-last time I pd $11oo. for a lemon. Too funny. Mike never got his power back til Sat night. I told him to get a generator and it turns out FEMA would have pd for it. People next door already got their check. New neighbors-been married 2 months. Good plac to get married when you are older. Hope your tests are ok. Tammy. Bye Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 12:16 PM   #48  

The weather is so nice here, you'd think I'd be feeling better, huh? NOT! Trailer business is booming. Sold two carhaulers this week ... both going out today. We need to get some coming in. Can't get the ones we have ordered delivered. Manufacturer said first of the week, hope so, we're about out and need to place another order already. I almost don't mind going out to talk to the yahoos that come to look at the trailers it's so nice outside right now ... we had 4 or five people out there at once this morning ... don't like when that happens. Wish it could stay like this for awhile but winter is a coming. Then I'll be out there shakin' in my boots!

I don't have any trouble getting on the site but I have a cable connection. Does it make a difference when there are more pages to open. Like, when we go to 4 or 5 pages, is it harder to open the site? Do they send you email notices when someone has left a message? If not, you should sign up for them to do that and click on the link to bring you right to the last message.

Tammy, when do you get to move?

Anne, did I read somewhere that you just looked at another new place to live or was that a dream or something???

Mima ... what kind of Camara do you have and what kind of software? For example, I have a Kodak and it uses Kodak easyshare software. I don't even use the disk that came with it any more. I download the software that goes with it online now. I just go to the Kodak site online and find the easyshare software and the download is free. You might want to check into that with your camara.

What happened to Colleen?
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 08:32 PM   #49  

Joanne, I'm with you on not sleeping in a tent. When I went with the Boy Scouts several years ago to Canada in January, the scouts slept in tents in the park there. Leaders stayed there too. Three of us stayed in the Travel Lodge in town. We're silly, but NOT that silly. We stayed for the evening activities with the kids (bowling one night, hockey game another night), then we headed to the hotel with the bus drivers. They took us back to camp the next morning.

Anne, I hope you are feeling better! I hate to have a cold (or anything for that matter). Hope the job continues to be a good one for you.

Mima, how did Evan do? Too funny calling him D the M.

Meme, we've had some beautiful days also. Last Friday night we froze at our football game, last night I just had a light jacket on. Our team is in the playoffs and last night was the first game. We won!! The other team was ranked higher than we were, so we were thrilled. I still go to the games to do the band announcing.

I haven't been having trouble getting in here. I have dial-up. Weird.

Our house closing is Wednesday at 4:00. We ordered some new furniture that won't be in for 6-8 weeks. In that time, we want to get the house painted. We really aren't in any rush. We'll do it a little at a time. We won't be putting this house up for sale until spring. We figure we will probably be in by the first of the year if everything goes as planned.

Not sure about Colleen. Wish we'd hear from her and all others.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 04:21 PM   #50  

Meme, I went to church with one of my students today. There was a choir there from the Gateway College (?) of Evangalism in St. Louis, MO. The members introduced themselves, and one of the girls was from Cookeville, TN!!!!! I didn't catch her name. I thought of you immediately.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:13 AM   #51  

I just lost my post!!! Darn-I hate when that happens -here is he condensed version.
Congrats on the house Tammy-when are you going to sell your other one?
Hi Meme-In the 80's here. I will go to Fuji to see about my camera. Mcafee didn't like my download.
How is the new job Anne?
Hi Joanne,
My stepgrandaughter is coming tomorrow night and all the girls , grandma's, mother and Evan are going up to Disneyworls Thurs. night!! Going to post before I lose it again. Mima
Old 11-07-2005, 10:14 AM   #52  

Good morning Mima. Hi Tammy, Meme and Joanne.

Mima - glad you got to Florida and that it is nice for you. I went to work Mon., Tue. and Wed and went in Thurs., but they sent me home. I went to the Dr., got on antibiotics and they don't seem to be working very fast. I will have to make a trip to the Dr. this morning again. What a way to start a new job!!!

Tammy - glad you got your house deal settled.

Meme - No, I am NOT moving!!! I started a part-time job. Hope you are feeling a little better.

The weather has been ok here, but not great. It has a winter chill in the air now. Had a skiff of snow one day, but it is gone. Won't be long and we will be into the throws of the season. It is about 24F during the day, and that is cool for this time of year. Should be around 40F.

Hope you all have a good day.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:03 PM   #53  

Mima, we will probably be moved around the first of the year. We'll put this one up for sale sometime in the spring I think. One of Bob's aunts passed away last spring. She left Bob some money, so we are able to wait a while before selling this one. We want to do some "clean up" here before we start showing it.

Tonight was the marching band banquet. Tim's last one. I got a bit teary eyed. Such a wimp.

We had meetings all day today. Not very thrilling. I would have much rather been in my classroom.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:19 AM   #54  

Good morning-My cousin is waiting to sell her house also-they are moving into a huge house and there will be 4 generations living there. The daughter and husband and 2 baies, my cousin and her husband, and my aunt. Wow!! I finally got into the art class here-I have been on the waiting list since last year. It was worth the wait-what a wonderful teacher. And only $6 a week. I also had a massage yesterday-he worked on me for an hour and a half. My dryer is broken!!! Brad took the clothes to dry while I had the massage so now we have to get a new set. They are very old-I am sure the new one will be more efficient. But I just bought the computer!!!!!!!!Brad says we got the one at home free-from his Mom-so not to worry. I wish we just had one house. But then I don't want to be here in the summer. We are going home for Christmas-Suzanne is so happy. Bye Mima
Old 11-08-2005, 02:41 PM   #55  

Mima, wow! That's alot of people in one house. Good thing it's huge!

That's great about the art class. The price sounds good.
We are getting a new washer and dryer when we move. What we have here belonged to my parents. I don't remember how long they had it. I'm sure new ones will be better.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:54 AM   #56  

We got a great deal at Sears-it was returned and reconditioned. And it can stack which we want to do later. I have a Maytag stack at home and I love it. Talked to my son last night-he is in Chicago for another week of training. Jessica is here-came in after 10 last night. Ft Myers has an awesome new airport. 2 levels but very easy to maneuver. She did well-today we have to shop for a bathing suit and 2 prs of pants-Capris. Should be fun. And then off to Disney tomorrow. Bye Mima
Old 11-10-2005, 06:08 AM   #57  

Good morning-we got the bathing suit after 2 hours-nothing else!! Then we went to Wed. night church-I think Jessica thought she was in a foreign land. Meme-I downloaded a driver from Fuji so I am all set for my didgital camera. DIL has to take semester off from school because she may end up on bedrest. She is a high risk pregnancy. She also has a cyst on her ovary. Well-hope the Disney trip goes well-we have 3 adults and 3 kids. We can get onto the rides easy because Al is in a wheelchair. I think we need 3 adults because of Evan. Hopefully, Al and Jessica can go off by themselves a bit. They grew up going on vacation together. And they were taliking a lot at my house this summer. Be good everyone. Mima
Old 11-11-2005, 03:30 PM   #58  

Hey Everybody.. It is still hard to get in here. I cleaned my carpet today.. What a job! I was doing good till I fell on my butt. I will be sore for awhile. I won't have to do this for a year. Thanksgiving is almost here. We are having 14 this time. I am looking forward to lots of help.Then I can think about Christmas. So much work. Everybody stay well...Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 09:40 PM   #59  

Hi. Hope everybody is doing ok.

Meme - where are you? You are even worse than me

I ended up with Strepthroat and have been on antibiotics for almost 10 days. Tomorrow should finish them off. I have now finished my training at work, and Monday will start on the real thing

Mima - hope you got your new dryer. I have a front loading set by Bosch(they also stack) that I love, but it is at my son's taking up floor space. This place comes with a stacking washer and dryer and they won't let me put mine in here. Hope you had fun at Disney.

We have been having some great weather in this part of the country. Might end up with some snow showers this week, but we shall have to wait and see.

Hope everybody is enjoying the weekend.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:59 PM   #60  

Mima, we looked at the stackable washers and dryers today. We also looked at the stacked ones that are hooked together permanently. Is that what you have now? We're not sure what to do. I want to go to Disney!!!!

Joanne, how did you fall? I hope you are feeling better.

Anne, strep throat is the pits! Hope you are feeling better soon too! I've had quite a few of my students out recently with sore throats and fevers.