Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 11-20-2005, 06:20 AM   #76  

Good morning.I wrote it wrong-the stew was made in the pressure cooker and it was awesome. And late because church got out late!! Bobby is having Christmas in his new house. I can't believe my 3 kids know how to cook. Mike says he learned by necessity but he went to the Culinary Institute in Hyde Park. But the stew was as good as anything he makes. For once. Exercise-I can only do some stretching, walking and swimming and the hot tub is great. They have arthritis classes at the Y-do they have Y's in canada? Mem-I hate showers that tell you what to get. Half the fun is buying a gift. Maybe they were going to add on to the house. Got some shopping done yesterday-where else, Walmart. Does anyone make the sweet potatoes with marsmallows. How do you cook it? One time we put it under the broiler and it burned. We are going to my DIL's mother's. When we are home. I have a lot of holidays!!!!!The secret to having extra money in your checkbook is to forget deposits-not checks-haha!! I actually can't find my mistake. Bye for now. Mima-church at 8!!!
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 02:07 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 199/196/170

Height: 5'4

thanks Meme, I appreciate that, cause I feel like griping sometimes, the last couple of days have been terrible, I am just waiting for this new medicine to kick in. I hope it helps, just talking to other people that have it really helps. Driving up to Kingston to see my daughter, she is away at college and she is lonesome, so are mom and dad. Really looking forward to seeing her, so buy for now guys, and again thanks for sharing with me.
Lynda
homemade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 05:34 AM   #78  

Good morning-busy day at church yesterday and we went out to eat after-our other friends are back-it was so great to see them. Then we ate after the 6 o'clock service-I had a sundae at DQ-half my aches come from dairy and wheat. I will be good today-art class this am. More Christmas shopping this afternoon. Bye for now-Mima
Old 11-21-2005, 04:09 PM   #79  

I was good last weekend ... until last night ... had a piece of strawberry pie at Shoney's but I only had one meal yesterday so actually I was very good. I lost weight over the weekend so yea for me!!! Just a couple more pounds and I'll have off the 5 pounds I gained over the summer.

It's raining ... all day long raining, cold rain ... hurting really bad. Went for a massage today ... a deeeeeep massage. **** ouch! **** I'm already getting sore. She said I had one knot in my left shoulder that was harder than any she had ever felt. I had never been to her before. My son got me a gift certificate for my BD back in May ... just hadn't used it yet. I'm definitely going back, though. She's very good.

Had a 'confrontation' yesterday ... don't like 'confrontations'! Left me feeling depressed! I'm supposed to go bowling tonight but I'm not physically up to it nor mentally in the mood. I got somebody to take my place. I'm hoping she'll like it and want to do it all the time. There's several things I would really like to just stop doing ... ever felt like that. I'm on overload ...
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 05:23 AM   #80  

Yes, yes!!!! I have felt like that. I guess it's good to see what you are saying yes too. The best thing I ever learned was saying I'll think about it. Usually when you do, you realize that you don't want to do it.
Cooler today-feels good. I went shopping at Beall's outlet yesterday-15%off. That helps with the 6% sales tax-next time I get 35% off because I filled my card. Yesterday I pd 30 cents for one item and a 1.20 for another. Went to Art in the morning-my painting is looking like something. I really enjoy socializing with the others.I usually hurt after massage Meme-then it feels better except for the last 2 times. My legs hurt but then I started doing stretch exercise for the back of my legs. Up at 4 thanks to Cassidy. Mima
Old 11-22-2005, 07:40 PM   #81  

Hey Everybody...What a week I have had. I just seem to never stop.. I am tired. Eleni(my sister) is back in the hospital.They think a couple of her latest meds have caused a reaction.. I hope that is all it is. Prayers please. Her health and heart condition is not good. I seem to be always anxious about her.
Thanksgiving will be more fun this year. I am not doing all the work!My son and daughter-in-law will do fine.
Welcome newbies..
Meme- I wish I could lose the weight as easy as you seem to.
Mima- I haven't bought the first Christmas card yet! I am so bad!..I then get in a panic. Somehow it will all come together, I am told.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYBODY!
Joanne

Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 09:23 PM   #82  

Lynda, I typed a message to you about visiting your daughter, but it's not here!! I remember typing it on Sunday. We'll be in the same boat that you are next fall. Our son will be going off to college. He'll only be an hour away, but I know how much we're going to miss him. I hope your visit with your daughter was a good one for all of you.

Mima, what kind of sundae at DQ? If it was a favorite, sometimes the pain is worth it! lol

Meme, yum to the strawberry pie! Good for you for losing what you've gained!! I've been on overload many times, so I can relate. I had a shirt once that said Volunteers Anonymous. I started wearing it to Scout meetings when Tim was a Cub and to school for meetings.

Joanne, we'll keep Eleni in our prayers. You take care of yourself too!! I have plenty of Christmas cards in the closet, but I need the time to get them addressed. I need to type up a little letter to put in each one with our new address. We don't have a phone at the new place yet. Wish I could put down the new phone number also. Hate to pay for a phone at both houses.

Went to my uncle's funeral today. He was my dad's youngest brother. No more uncles left. Only 2 aunts, and one of them isn't doing very well. When I got the call about Uncle Bill, I said that all the boys were together again. It was good to see cousins that I rarely see, but it was so hard. The funeral was in northern Ohio, so Bob and I drove part way after school yesterday and stayed overnight. We both knew that I would be in too much pain to go up, go to the funeral, and come home all in the same day.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 05:47 AM   #83  

Sorry about your uncle Tammy-it's tough when you see the family get sick. Good idea about traveling and funny about that t-shirt. I used to be like that too but not now. Actually I would like to do a bit more but today I will have Evan for a couple of hours. We are going to walk to Walmart to get a potato peeler. He is too cute.
I will pray for Eleni. Hope it's the meds for sure.
Went to turkey dinner at church-pretty generic but we saw the Annie Moses Band-anyone heard of them=probably Meme. We sat with people from Tennessee. Happy Thanksgiving to all. Mima
Old 11-23-2005, 01:05 PM   #84  

STARTING NEW THREAD

DON'T POST HERE
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote