Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2001, 02:03 AM   #16  

PLEASANT DREAMS LADIES!!!
Old 05-15-2001, 11:15 AM   #17  

Default Oh BOY!

Me to Candice. Love Pierce.

Me to Meme.(good pick bubba)
Old 05-15-2001, 03:05 PM   #18  

OK,OK...here's your chance!!!

I'm putting together a "Photo Page" so vote for your all time favorite top ten men. Remember now, it is ALL TIME. I've sent out e-mails and when all the results are in I will put the pictures on a photo page in order of most popular and send you the page.

If you get stuck, here are a few of the pictures I have already collected to go on the page. You can vote these in order or if you have some that are not here, add them.

Steven Segal
Robert Redford
Clint Eastwood
Don Johnson
Kevin Costner
Mel Gibson
Sean Connery
Pierce Bronsnan
Jean-Claude Van Damme
Harrison Ford
Brad Pitt
Tom Cruise
Sylvester Stallone
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Tom Selleck
Burt Reynolds
Elvis Presely
Roger Moore
Timothy Dalton
Robert DeNiro

Have fun!!!
MEME

Phyllis...this pics for you!!!
Old 05-15-2001, 08:54 PM   #19  

Hey. Brian Dennehey was almost thin in that pic.
You've got a pretty good list there Meme. I would take them all.
I like Don Johnson's looks, but think he's a womanizer and a cheater. He made Melanie Griffith sign a pre-nup saying that she wouldn't gain any weight.
Wouldn't he be thrilled with me?
How ARE our diets? One more week til I get weighed at the ole Mammogram. And my mams get bigger every year. I used to be flat chested.
I am back to fiber. Found a good one. Roasted Pumpkin seeds eaten whole. Like eating a tree trunk. But it serves me well.
Old 05-17-2001, 12:28 AM   #20  

Where is every body???
Did Brian scare you off???
Old 05-17-2001, 12:36 AM   #21  

Default Hi everyone

Boy what a week! My hubby is on holidays and we have been back and forth between my daughters and home. On Tuesday I took my little granddaughter and went to visit a friend. We left at 10:30 . I was driving back to my daughters and was a block away from her corner when I was stopped by a roadblock. There were police cars everywhere and swat teams running in the street. I couldn't believe it. We couldn't get home, so I drove over to my aunt and uncles and called my daughter to let her know what was going on. It was now 2:00 p.m. She was talking to me, when she decided she would walk to the corner and see what was going on. She just got outside her house when she saw a fellow dressed in army fatigues, carrrying a rifle, and had a handgun tucked in his waistband, packsack on his back; she literally flew back into the house and said he was in her back yard. She went upstairs and looked outside - he was in her neighbors yard and she asked me to call the police. I did so and got through to the emergency police - I wondered if he was part of the solution or part of the problem. Turns out an expolice officer had gone suicidal and he later killed himself. He was the one that was coming straight for my daughter. I think I phoned her every 15 min. - must have driven her mad, but we couldn't get back into the street until 7:30 p.m. What a day! Then we drove home. Today, my little one came to stay with grandma for a few days. Will go back to my daughters on Sunday - patio building day I guess. I think I am a way to old for all this. I am getting more and more tired all the time, but holding up fairly well. Sorry, Candice, for the length of this, but gee I just wanted to share!

Hope you are all doing ok. Nobody has posted for a day or so. Meme, you got the list yet? Candice, how many flowers do you plant? Phyllis, how are you doing? I hope your hip is getting better, and Ally, how is your son doing? I hope that your diet is holding up. Mine sure as h--- isn't.
Old 05-17-2001, 01:43 AM   #22  

Default Scared for your daughter

Just remembered, how scared you must have been with/about that gunman near your daughter!
I trmeble when I hear about the kids bringing guns to school since my daughter teaches in the winter in a catholic school. i can't wait for the school year to be over,
Thank God that nothing happened to an innocent person.
Isn't it scarry how things play out?But for the grace of God, right?
Old 05-17-2001, 06:49 PM   #23  

Happy......What a story. Don't you read these things in the paper and say , "Phew. That's not happening anywhere near me". But realistically it is. As a society we seem to have so much pent up rage and anger. What are we so mad about? And Docs hand out anti-depressants all over the place. We should be happy. I heard someone say a 16 yr old was killed in an accident today and I went to my office and shut the door and cried. Yes, I still have some repressed stress over this whole thing, but I also have a cranky and demanding kid. He makes me FEEL bad but I also know he is 16 and has to learn to deal with it. He has to hope that a kid at his lunch table will offer to get his tray or he is too shy to ask and goes without as he did today. So...control freak that I am I ran right out and got new jars of Peanut Butter and jelly and small snack bags of chips. Bringing your lunch is "gay"....but I told him he could eat outside and no one would know.
Tootie.....be careful of those anti-d's/ You have an SSRI which is a weight gain magnet. Watch your carbohydrate intake. A lady I know posted something about reactive hypoglycemia that occurs with some anti-depressants. You crave carbs, they raise your insulin level and then you crash and want more. If you are aware of it, you can be more careful.
AND...who said I wanted to do anything with Brian but talk? Face it. He is no spring chicken, and he has gained a few pounds and has more love handles than me. I bet he does not want to be my love slave. AND quite honestly, if I can dream (and that's all I can do) I don't want to be all that energetic myself. I want someone sweating over me while I lay there and think about what I need at the grocery store.
Old 05-18-2001, 01:16 AM   #24  

Anne...that is sooo weird...the same exact thing happened in Nashville 2 days ago but it was resolved without death. They had a whole neighborhood locked down tight for 1/2 day here. The schools in the area were even under lock down. Some of the buses had already left with children that afternoon before they found out and the drivers were contacted and told a safe place to go and wait but one of the drivers didn't do that...he dropped all his kids off on a corner 4 blocks from where the shooting was going on and left the kids to find their own way home! A few of them had to go right through the yard a house away from where the officer was shooting...I think I'd sue that driver if I were their parents!!! The parents couldn't get through to their houses so there was all those kids at home alone all afternoon and early evening. This went on 'till after dark. The guy was shooting but he didn't shoot anyone and eventually gave himself up so no one got hurt but it's a wonder!

I am hurting sooo bad tonight...anyone else feeling my pain??? It is supposed to rain here the next couple of days but is sunny and very hot right now. Of course...I've already done 5 loads of clothes and cleaned up the house...plus taking care of the rug rats so that may be part of my problem.

Phyllis...I don't think the kids (that young especially) seeing their mother give birth is such a good idea either. What ever happened to the stork???
Old 05-18-2001, 02:54 AM   #25  

Default Been too pooped to turn the puter on!

I have been working outside again...we used up 20 bags of cypress mulch already and I need more. I made some beds larger and redid some of the others. Had my monthly massage yesterday and then shopped..I hate shopping and today I hurt form the massage!

Meme...I can read my email now but I can't send anything! Well ..I have had no new mail since the 15th so maybe I'm not getting any either..mail that is. I still like Pierce and what about Lee Majors( the six million dollar man) and Clark Gable ( I don't give a damn!) Would love to see all the pictures and then vote! What about the country Music Hunks???????????? Pop Hunks? Rock and roll Hunks????????? Love the joke about the Vaseline !!!!!!!!!!!!! Pat Boone...Andy Williams..in their younger days they were hot! Well my mom thought so!

Toots.....I don't think they should see the delivery either! Does your DIL know how you feel? What about your son? Hope you get to feelin' better and Ally is right about the anti depressents and weight gain!

Ally....so during sex you are thinking about the groceries! What else is there to think about! Now we know why you don't have a man

Anne....What a scare! This is a sick old world we live in! Lots of crazies out there

Last edited by Candicej; 05-18-2001 at 02:58 AM.
Old 05-18-2001, 10:54 AM   #26  

Default you guys make me feel one hundred yrs.old

Candice, are you setting up a victory farm? But I guess you will be harvesting all those fresh foods, strawberries. corn,zuccini?
Your energy and meme's combined make me feel likei'm sooo old. You guys still work with pain and even tho in comes on stronger you do it all ove again.
Happy, I know you get out there and work also plus take care of your grandchild at times.
Isn't that the hardest?
Well, I think memeand ally are right about the weight gain, it's already up 2 lbs.But I will not take this stuff too much longer if I see it go up again! I haven't slept any better with the pills, so I will give it a little longer.

I read an interesting article,that protein helps produce glucgon {?spell} and flour and starchy veggies produce glucose. The reason to eat all grains is because the fiber slows down the absorbtion and so less insulin is produced in response to the glucose.
The protein on the other hand produces glucgon {?] and helps use the body fat for energy, instead of glucose for energy.

THat my ladies is supposed to be the KEY TO WEIGHT LOSS

I hope I got that right because,I need to keep the levels of protein up. I have been slipping and actually eating less food and much less protein. I like to eat lentil soup and when I make it I eat it more than once in a week.I just don't know how to make soup for one. Maybe I need to portion it out and freeze individual portions.but
I have a 25 cubic freezer and refrige side by side and it's full of steak and chicken. And 2 SF cheese cake from walmarts.{tiny} I even got bored with that.

I am falling in a rut with eating, but why don't I lose weight? No candy, no cake, no ice cream.not even home made. {mango ice cream:it was terrible, no sugar}
Well look how late it is this morning? I will have a big omeltte with cheese and bacon bits, no bread, no fruit and start the day protein packed!!
Maybe it's diet soda that I have to drop too?I'm going to try cold tea and water from now on.
Ally how do you get all that fiber that makes you lose?
Happy have you gone back to the balance thing?
Candice I guess is still on the WW counting points.I tried that butthey said I needed to eat a lot of points and I gained a pound or two.

uuuughhh stop it tootie!!!
Old 05-18-2001, 12:54 PM   #27  

THANK GOD IT'S NAP TIME!!!!!!!
Old 05-18-2001, 02:35 PM   #28  

Default hello

I agree Meme. Ashley is sick today. Didn't sleep much last night - had a fever and everytime she woke up she complained her head hurt, so assume she had a headache. Had nothing to give her, but this morning went to the drugstore and got some tylenol stuff. She has been sleeping for the past 11/2 hours off and on. Maybe I should take the bottle and see what happens(lol).

When you get tired, the pain from this damn syndrome just seems to take over. I don't know how you do it day after day; however, I guess as you get used to it, it becomes easier?

Tootie and Ally, you are to funny ladies. I enjoy your posts so much. Tootie, I agree with everyone else - even I don't want to be in the delivery room! Also don't want anyone else there with me when I am doing the work - I WORK ALONE!!!!!

Ally - that is so sad when young people die. It hits you after about what might have been. Your son was spared and is a very lucky young man. Teens can be difficult at the best of times, never mind when they are not functioning the way they know they should.

Candice - Boy you must be growing enough flowers for the whole state (lol), I bet it will be beautiful and can't wait to see pictures when they grow. A friend of mine lives on a farm not far from here. She had an antique iron bed with a spring. She put it in her garden and planted flowers under it and when they grew, it looked like a patch work quilt. Very unique and beautiful. I will try find a picture.

Tootie - hurt or not hurt, some things you just have to do. I wouldn't want to miss these times with the little one. I feel they are to important both to her and my husband and myself. We love her dearly and she is a most wonderful child. We went to the lake yesterday with a bag of popcorn and she was able to feed the seagulls. She thought that was great! They come up very close to her. Also, she was able to throw rocks in the lake and make puddles as she called them. It is nice to be there for such simple pleasures.

Everyone have a good day. Meme, I like you, am hurting big time. That darn arthritis has kicked up in my back and my arms and legs are going with the fm. My knees are great, however! Good thing something doesn't hurt.
Old 05-18-2001, 06:51 PM   #29  

Yes, Meme...I am hurting too. But for me it is the end of a week of little bits of stressors just poking me in the butt. I really need one of those Saturdays with no one around and nothing to do but I have to go to a Chicken BBQ. It is a tradition, and years ago I would go and drink my fill of beer, flirt with all the men and play some of the gambling games (this is for the fire dept).
Last year I drank two beers and thought I was going to pass out in the weeds and require CPR.
I was also quite a snazzy dresser in my younger thin days and now I get to choose from my LLBean fat pants or my pedal pushers from KMart. The men I used to flirt with hardly give me a glance. Over the hill. They are flirting with a new crop of skinnies. Boo Hoo.
And Tootie is right, you grannies. Wow. Just thinking about chasing after and worrying about little ones exhausts me.
And Candice....have you seen that commercial about the women who always have the grocery list in their head? I think it is a K-mart commercial. It kind of cracks me up cause it reminds me of life with ....Beloved.
If you give me any one of those manly men and if you include rock and country stars....I would take almost any male country stars cause they remind me of Cowboys and I still want James Taylor even tho he is bald. ......
Well, I can forget about groceries for a little while, as long as they are blindfolded and can't comment on the effect gravity has had on my butt.
And this mammogram I have to go to on Monday. Last year they made me "hold them up". I never had anything to hold up. I wondered what they thought I was hiding under there. Pens and pencils???
Tootie......Fiber. Yes, I read all that stuff too. And when I really concentrate on the raw veggies, and salads and fruits and I eat raw nuts and twigs as snacks I am on the right trail. But then I just get so sick of the whole thing like I am today. I am going for a cheeseburger tonight. I am not even going to eat fiber bread.
Do any of you guys have low blood pressure? that is a sign of a sluggish metabolism. Mine is very low.
And I had my cholesterol checked. They didn't send me anything so I called and they said it is under 200 and within normal limits. Geez. I'd like a number. I want to know what eating all these nuts and berries has done for me.
Old 05-19-2001, 01:31 AM   #30  

Probably just made you squirrely!

Anne...don't you believe it...it doesn't become easier the more you do...I actually think it gets harder. At least when I didn't have to push myself every single day I had a few days inbetween to rest. Now I have to push just to make it through to bed time! I'm SUPPOSED to have tomorrow off...we'll see! Hubby has a picnic in the afternoon (it is his last Sunday School thing with his class...after this he is resigning!...I'm not going!) So I should have some time to myself tomorrow and tomorrow night. He said he was going to be busy most of the day tomorrow, too.

I shared with you all a couple of months ago about how low hubby's work was...well...it still isn't the greatest but some better...he has been quoting a lot of jobs so maybe they will get some more work in. They have been getting a little here and there. But he came home tonight with a real shocker. The owner of the shop is retiring and asked him to "take over". He wants him to run the shop for him and gave him a $2.50 an hour raise! (That put him up to $28.50 an hour). I asked him if he thought he was worth that...he said "no"! I told him he now makes .50 more in an hour than I make keeping the 2 rugrats all day long!!! Doesn't hardly seem fair does it? I make $20 an hour teaching piano but I don't get "enough" hours at that! LOL I have a waiting list and could take more students if I didn't have to keep the kids until 6 every night...but...what'cha gonna do? Can't "fire" the kiddies!!! Ross starts Kindergarten in Aug. He will be going afternoons so that pretty much screws up my whole day. I will have to take him every single day at 11 and will have to pick him up at 3 if my d-i-l can't get him...My son's son will be going to the same school in first grade. They will both be going to a private school about 15 minutes away from here so we might could "car pool" some in the afternoons for the trip home.

About "diets" UGH! I'm not doing well...too much going on around here and now I want to eat with the kids...which is about 4 times a day! And I have to keep too much snack food and junk in the house with them here, too. I've gained about 12 pounds in the last couple of months. Back in my FAT clothes again...Hey Ally...forget the flirting, wear the fat pants and be comfy...that's what I'm doing! (Not that I was flirting to begin with!
Closed Thread