Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 01-06-2010, 07:10 AM   #46  

So glad your son is ok, Anne.
Got a call from doc and said my triglycerides were high, Take fish oil which I already do. I am going to cut down on sugar and white stuff Brad has to go to doc's tomorrow-probably going to start him on insulin. If only he would exercise. We did go ride bikes in the club house ut he only goes 10 minues. have to go at least 20.
Wow for the e-mail from Southwest for the free ticket because I got a credit card. That's for the birth,
Too bad it is cold for your vacation, Tammy. I love Ross.
Art today-favorite teacher back.
Bye for now Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:01 AM   #47  

Anne, glad to hear your son came through the surgery ok! Always a blessing. I've never heard of that protective jacket thing. Interesting stuff our bodies do!! I won't be meeting Meme when I go through Tenn. I'm just stopping for overnight, and the towns really aren't that close.

Kate, glad to hear that Queenie is on something that could make her feel better.

Meme, make sure there isn't snow and cold when I come through next week!!

Mima, I didn't buy a thing at Ross. The one sweater that I liked was way too big, which is a good thing because it was the size that I normally would have bought. Looked at a small bookshelf, really liked it, but then I noticed a big gash in the side of it.

Not sure what today holds. Heard Maurice a while ago, and he was on the chair trying to snuggle into my sweatshirt. I got up and got a blanket for him. He gets cold easily, so he was hunting for warmth. I do want to check out a couple more places while I am here just in case I come down for longer next year. I have prices for the one I saw on Sunday and for this one. This one is LOTS higher than the other one, and this one needs some updating which the other one has been done. The owner says that this one is special because the ocean is always in view. Well, for the money that I could save, I would be glad to walk a few yards to see the ocean. There is another one on down the road where the ocean is visible all the time, I've stayed there with Bob and Tim. Very nice, BUT no pets allowed. Can't do that.

Last edited by Tammy; 01-06-2010 at 10:08 AM.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:47 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 267/261/145

Height: 5'2

Good morning all. Another cold and blustery day here in Florida! We also have a freeze warning out....will be warming a bit tomorrow but another cold front coming through this weekend with more record low temps. Vero Beach was 21 degrees this morning....a new low record! Queenie seems to be on the mend...her "poops" were better last night and this morning. She just had her last dose of the meds and tomorrow will be the ultimate test. If she stays "normal", we have it licked. If she gets "loose" again, a trip to the vets for more tests.
Tammy, my GF who has the minidoxies says her dogs are always looking for warm places. I just saw a cute little sleeping bag type bed just for these types of dogs who like to burrow and sleep covered up. It was very cute and seemed appropriate for the breed. I agree about paying less money but having a bit nicer place to stay next year. The ocean is just steps away, right? And definitely take the place that allows pets!!! I'm sure Maurice would prefer to be with you rather than a strange kennel (unless it's the country club!!)
Meme is right about the extremes in the weather....we have that here in Florida as well. One day it is 75 degrees, the next we are in a frost situation! This cold front has lasted much longer than I remember any of the others and we will probably be back up into the 80's after the weekend! Those extremes can be hard the body....especially FM bodies! At least we don't have to shovel the white stuff! That would kill me about now!
Need to get something done today. Finally got all my files changed over for the new year but need to print out year end stuff for the accountant. I also need to reconcile my accounts to the online statements. Haven't done that for a long time and I'll have to complete that task before I can print out the year end stuff. I truly hate doing bookwork....always have and probably always will!
Enjoy the rest of the day ladies and do stay warm!!
Kate53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:18 AM   #49  

Default Hey There

Hello Everybody- I guess I didn't have my share of problems. Now I hear the primary Dr. Doesn't want to sign the release for my surgery.. He is using the excuse that my heart is too bad. Now ,I have not had anyone tell me how bad they think my heart is.or what is supposed to be wrong with it. We are seeing him tomorrow,, Our son is going with me.. Someone in his office signed the referral for me to see the orthopedic Dr. and to have the pretesting for surgery.
This has got me very upset.. Something has to be done about this knee.This problem has been with me for 15 years.Even with strong pain medicine I have not had any relief from the pain in almost 2 weeks.. All the Dr's would do is inject and suggest therapy. Well I am done with that. It has been a waste of money and time and not been the answer..
Now I am through dumping on you..
It is really cold here.. We have not had this much cold in years.. They say it is going to be the same or worse through the weekend..
Everybody have a good week..
Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:04 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 185/172/145

Height: 5'5

Hello everyone! I don't mean to poke into a thread without reading the whole thing first so if I'm interrupting SORRY! But I just had to say hello to everyone. I'm 25 and living with fibro. I don't know anyone in real life with it so I don't know what "normal" amounts of exercise is. I'm recommitting myself to exercise and today I just felt super good. So I jumped on our little trampoline and before I knew it.... 40 min had FLOWN by! GO ME! Sorry, I just had to share with SOMEONE!

So hello everyone! I'll come back and read the previous posts soon but I HAD to share!
MyPitBullSmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 10:45 AM   #51  

Default Hey There

Hello Everybody- I met with my primary Dr. yesterday and he told me if I went through with plans for knee replacement I may have a heart attack or stroke on the table and /or die, my heart was too bad.. I just finished canceling the whole thing. I will see another orthopedic Dr. next week for him to inject my knee with a jell like substance . The girl/women that took it on herself to direct me in this mess was fired along with a couple more.
I hope everyone has a good weekend...Joanne
Old 01-08-2010, 07:15 PM   #52  

Kate, brrr to 21 at Vero Beach! That sounds like Ohio. Maybe Maurice needs one of those sleeping bags. I know he likes being with me. The country club was nice. Right now he is at the Evergreen Pet Lodge here at Hilton Head since I'm staying at another Disney Resort. It seemed really nice too, and I get a discount since I'm a Disney Vacation Club member.

Joanne, I am so sorry to hear this about the doctor and the mess up! How on earth could they get everything so messed up? I'm so glad that those people have been fired. This could have killed you! Unreal. Will be keeping you in prayers that your knee gets better without the surgery.

mypitbullsmiles, WELCOME!! Jump in anytime. Good for you for doing 40 minutes on the trampoline! That is fantastic. Come back and chat any time.

Ventured around Hilton Head today. Hit 2 dead ends (lots of pretty homes to look at though) and then I met a very nice man in a guard house. He happened to be a guard, nice uniform, etc. Have no idea what he was guarding, but I wan't supposed to be there. I kept apologizing, and he laughed, so I don't think they'll be hunting me down.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:55 PM   #53  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Hey everyone, I'm doing the same as mypitbullsmiles and "poking" in. I also have fibro but didn't do 40 minutes on a trampoline yesterday. Oh well. Fibro is mild for me but still there.

Mypitbullsmiles - I love your name, got me thinking maybe I should have called myself Mybordercolliestares.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:11 AM   #54  

Good morning everyone...and a darn cold one it is!! Will this cold front ever go away down here??? I have never seen it stay this cold for this long since we have lived here. Can't wait to see the FPL bill next month!
Tammy, hope you finally got on the site! I didn't have any problems just now....has anyone else had a problem? Sounds like you are having a great time shopping! I imagine it must be just as cold where you are?? Hope they are keeping Maurice warm! Let me know when you are heading back home.....
Joanne, that must be so frustrating to be ready emotional and physically for surgery only to find out those so-called professionals screwed up! I hope that gel stuff works for you....my neighbor had it done and he said it didn't do a thing for him. I think it is called Synvisc or something. You might want to check it out on the web? Hubby was going to look into it but after talking to the neighbor decided it wasn't for him. He's planning his knee replacements the end of this year....we'll see! He needs to get the weight off first. He's scheduled with a cardiologist for a nuclear stress test so his doctor can prescribe something for his appetite. His doc wants to make sure his heart can handle the added medication. I hope things work out for you....I can only imagine how frustrated you must feel.
Welcome to mypitbullsmiles and aunty jam! I'm with you on the doggie habits! I'll go with the nickname "mywillfulpyr" ! This cold weather is wrecking havoc with my fibro....can hardly move in the mornings now. Kudos for you for exercising!! I need to get back to it myself but I keep using the "no time" excuse. I've had the "portion distortion" thing lately too. I think it is this cold weather that makes me want to EAT!
Off to change bed linens and spiff up the house. We have company arriving in a couple of weeks.....the start of the northern exodus I'm sure! I'll be booked through March now! Enjoy the rest of the day ladies and try to stay warm!!!
Old 01-10-2010, 11:24 AM   #55  

Hello to Aunty Jam! I guess I could be MyDachshundSpazzes!! lol Welcome to the group!!

Kate, I am here!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I typing fast before it goes away. One of the waiters I talked to at Jekyll Island said this is the coldest it has been there in many years. He's originally from New Jersey, so he has chuckled at how bundled up people were on a couple of 40 degree days.

I go to the rheumatologist when I get home. My knee has been better than it was for a while, so I don't think I'll mention injections for it. My back has really straightened up too except for the past few days. I know it is the mattress here.

I think this is going to be a day of reading and working on my bible study. I don't even think I'll hit any shops today, well maybe I won't. lol Kind of ready to go home to the cold and snowy weather. Sounds crazy.

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 01-11-2010, 06:57 AM   #56  

Sorry the cold weather and your trip coincided Tammy. maybe Feb next year.
I am so sorry you can't have surgery, Joanne. Hope the other thing works.
Welcome new people. This is a great place to vent.
WW today-we went to Sweet Tomatoes yesterday and I got ibs after. Did not eat salad. But ate pea soup and frozen yogurt.
Suzanne tested positive for gestational diabetes and will have another test.
Saw a dress for the beach wedding on line-have to call and find out what size to get. I am in the middle of a small and medium.
Bye for now. Mima
Old 01-11-2010, 04:23 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 185/172/145

hahahaha! Dogs are so cool! I had a Collie as a kid, she DID stare, at EVERYTHING! Ha! I have 2 pitties laying on my feet right now.... Snoring away

Anyway, I was doing SO well for about a week, but then I got a NASTY cold. Luckily with 4 days of bedrest so far I'm pretty sure I avoided more doctor visits and antibiotics (I have HUGE reactions to nearly every medication I've ever been on, hence why I don't take anything at all now, not even aspirin!). Maybe a few more days and I'll feel... better? But all of this laying around is KILLING my joints! Waaahhhh! I wanna be better! Ok I just had to whine a little.

Luckily the weather had mellowed out here. I'm a real Oregonian so the rain is comforting to me and it's not often cold enough to ice over. We had a couple of ice storms that had me pretty laid up. But now at least it's not too bad (otherwise boy would I be miserable!). I can't think of anything else to say... Hello!
MyPitBullSmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:08 PM   #58  

Default Hey There

The one thing I really loved was my walks. Now I can't do that with my knee the way it is. I told my son to sell the treadmill as no one was using it. It didn't take long for it to sell. He let it go cheap. It was in perfect condition.
I am seeing a orthopedic Dr. tomorrow. I think he is going to inject a jell substance in it. I hope that at least gets rid of the pain.. And I can get a nights sleep. It is synvisc..
Getting younger is no fun..
This has really been a cold week here. We are not used to the cold. Our blood is thinner than you people who live in the colder climates. Most of the plants in my yard are gone.. I told my son I wasn't going to let it bother me. Too much work keeping them.If they come back fine if not that is fine too.
Christie is not a happy camper ,going out in the yard to get her business done.. We have a nice fenced area for her now. She will just have to get used to it.
Stay warm Everybody...Joanne
Old 01-11-2010, 10:48 PM   #59  

Oh Joanne...I am so sorry things are so difficult for you right now!! Having to make so many adjustments in such a short period of time can be very unsettling. I do hope this Synvisc will let you have the mobility I think you might be used to. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!! Please try to keep a positive attitude, however difficult it may be. I promise this will work itself out....okay???
Tammy, let us know when you are on your way back to Ohio....we all want to keep you in our thoughts and make sure you have a safe trip!
And please....let us PRAY for a warmer climate for Florida in the very near future!!! Good Lord, it is way too cold for us thin-blooded folks down here!!
Mypitbullsmiles, dogs are the only thing in life that love you more than they love themselves!! And I swear that is the truth!! I am the biggest dog-lover ever.
Another cold Florida day....suppose to be up to the 70's by the weekend. Go figure! My poor old aged skin is really taking a beating with these drastic temperature changes! I wish nature would just make up it's mind down here!
Enjoy the evening ladies.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:51 AM   #60  

My nails are brittle-sign of cold-and my skin is dry. It's true about the blood.
It's going up today-yeah.
Doing taxes-can't find proof of money sent to IRS. But I will.
Ordered my dress in a small-lady said it was stretch material. I only lost .2 bit overall I have lost over 4 and I am almost at goal. been eating too much.
Rheumo today and skin doc tomorrow,
Sure hope your knee is better, Joamme.
We miss our dog-he had quite a smile-a keeshond. Should have videoed him when he was eating pasta and moaning,
Bye Mima