Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 01-27-2010, 02:20 PM   #91  

H there Mima, Joanne, Tammy and Meme

Mima - Good for you, going to help out at the Salvation Army. Hope you find a carriage for baby.

Meme - sorry you are feeling so bad. I would be fit to be tired if I had to live in all that damp weather. Here it is cold, but very dry, so during the winter, I usually feel pretty good, painwise. Now and then I get a flareup, but that is usually when it warms up and snows - or worse, freezing rain. Hope you feel better soon.

Tammy - good job with all those lost pounds.

Joanne - sorry to hear that you can't get the brace for a couple more weeks. Not fun. I hope this doesn't lead to depression for you.

Where is Kate? Was she going somewhere? All is ok here. Same old, same old. My son is doing well and back to work, after the gallbladder surgery. A Mom always worries, I guess.

Seem to be having heart palpatations this morning, after having an Atrial Fib problem on Monday. Guess it's soon time to go see the Dr., and find out what is going on. Hate the feeling. At least today, it isn't racing. I was so tired on Monday, after 3 hours of rapid heartbeat. Felt like I had run a marathon, but I sure did sleep well

Everybody have a good day.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:20 PM   #92  

Who can fault either one of you for eating. My saving thing is that I walk each day.
Brad and I have to go pick out a cake for the wedding and then bring it to them next week-not getting it til Thurs. Also still have to have the dress steamed. We are going to visit them at her mom's next tues. And tomorrow night is dil Jill's bd,
I wish you could get that brace-Joanne. Feel better Meme. Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:22 PM   #93  

Hi anne-we were posting at the same time. Hope you are ok.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:02 PM   #94  

When you're heart is out of rhythm it makes you so tired. I'm on Inderal and if I forget to take one my heart gets really fast and gets out of whack. I'm already anemic but when that happens I can't do anything ... it's even hard to breath. Others don't understand how you feel and that's hard, too.

Weddings are so stressful. Take it easy, Mima. You can over-do. I've really been saying no a lot lately. I've given up some of my 'jobs'. We had our annual election last Sunday at church and I gave up the Education Dept. and also my Sunday School Class. Now I'm down to doing the Worship Service and teaching on Wed. night. I got someone else to do that tonight because I feel so bad. I'm learing that no is a powerful word and people are really responding to, 'I need help.' And ... I'm also learning that I like myself a lot better when I lean on others more. I'm not saying that I'm quiting. I'm not. I think that is the worst thing a person with what we have can do. But we can also push ourselves too hard and do too much. I've just slowed down to a pace that I can actually do without stressing myself out. We need to save some time back for 'us' and not do everything for everyone else. The other people in our lives won't like it or understand at first but, they'll get over it!
MemeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:02 PM   #95  

Meme, you FINALLY got it! It isn't about quitting, it's about being kind to yourself, as well as providing some service to others. Church's and other groups, are great at having the same people do everything. It is the nature of it. Others in the congregation won't step up, if you are willing to do it. That is just the way people are. So, I am very happy for you

You are right about it being uncomfortable. Was having a hard time breathing and felt many times, like I was going to faint today. It finally went back into rythum. The culprit was MSG, in that darn Chinese Food I had last night. I called the restaurant today to see if they used MSG and YES, unless you request otherwise. I had also woken up with a raging headache and I don't do well with MSG and it's partners. It is almost impossible NOT to eat the stuff, but it is also a cause, many timesof IBS.

Have a good night.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:05 AM   #96  

Hope you are ok now Anne-that is so scary.
Yeah to you Meme. I can't handle too much at a time-then I don't give my best.
My dil's bd tonight. Foot doc this afternoon because I have an ingrown toenail. I wanted to have palm trees painted on my big toes but one of the toenails is icky.
Went to Applebees and got 1 550 calorie meal-it was good . I had shrimp.
Chicken tonight, Hi all-Kate must be busy with her company. Mima
Old 01-29-2010, 08:18 AM   #97  

Anne, so glad you are ok! I would have been so scared if that that happened. I've never had that feeling other than when I'm overdoing it at a class. Take care and keep us posted on how you are feeling. Stay away from that MSG if possible.

I'm wondering about Kate also. Maybe I'll give her a call later today and see if she's ok. Do you think that's ok if I call her to see?

Meme, I'm proud of you for saying no to things. I know how tough it is because I am the same way. Have been that way for years. Had a t-shirt many years ago that said V-A. Volunteerism Anonymous. Had a sweet friend buy that for me when I was doing way too much. It never stopped me though. lol

Mima, when I first read your post, I thought it said your meal was 1,550 calories! lol I haven't been to Applebees for a while. Tim doesn't work tonight. Wonder if he'd want to go?

I am ready to go to the Y. Sinus headache and draining, and my knee still hurts from being dumb and running on the track on Wednesday. I'd rather just stay in bed, but I know that I need to go.

Have a great day ladies!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:12 AM   #98  

Please don't post here
Old 01-24-2015, 03:10 PM   #99  

Forget the floors, Anne. they will be there when you come back. Have a great time.
Joanne, glad he is out. They always want to do the colonoscopy. I have had 3 in 5 years-always ok
Art this am-finished my painting-rather the Art teacher did.
We are picking up Evan to stay overnight and going to see the lights in our neighbor's golf cart.
Hope it warms up for you Tammy.
Going to get my shot.
ahmedayad is offline   Reply With Quote