Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 08:56 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

FBG was 130 2 days in a row. Not bad, for me. I successfully did 16:8 the past two days. Today I plan on having my eggs, plus having chicken broccoli alfredo for dinner if DH will agree. He will get pasta with his. I'm getting used to the empty feeling in my stomach without it feeling like hunger. Today will be 16:8 again, but I plan on doing OMAD once in a while when it fits into my life. My calories are coming in around 1100-1300. I think I should be eating more, but if I do, I don't lose.

Also, I have switched to black coffee. No creamer. I used to drink it that way all the time and it has me drinking less since I don't like it as much. But on Monday my blood sugar was 130 when I got up, and a while after coffee it was 133. So I don't get the spike without the creamer. Yesterday I had a Diet Coke and it was yuk. I only have it about once a week now and after a few sips, I'm done. I buy the little bottles with the screw top so I can save it for another day. I never get it in a restaurant anymore. Just water. I feel that I am improving my food so much but it's just now showing on the outside.

Need to get some cleaning done today, and laundry.
Old 04-04-2018, 10:27 AM   #77  

I'm so excited. I got on the scale when I got undressed to take my shower and I am down to 196 lbs. And that was AFTER breakfast of 2 scrambled eggs and 2 cups of coffee. So I guess what I'm doing is working for me. Now to keep going with it. That's usually my downfall.
Old 04-04-2018, 11:45 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Carol Sue Congratulations on the good FBS and 196 lbs. You have truly found your way of eating.

Yes, I did mean that the house burned before the sale was finalized. Some time I think faster than I type. LOL

I appreciate your post this morning. It helped me realize that I know what works for me and I need to eat the way it works for me. I do best with IF. I am going back to it. I never got into ketosis when I did Atkins and it bothered me until some one wrote that not everyone does. I know I'm not going to do keto all the time so it is best for me to do the MLC (Moderate Low Carb) and use IF with it. I need to plan the 16:8 and like you there may be days that I don't want to eat in a 8 hr window because many times I like eating within a 4 to 6 hr window. I will also work on getting my exercise into a routine instead of just now and then like I do now.

I realize that I have to individualize my way of eating and if I cut out any particular food with the idea that I can never have it again that I set myself up for failure. I have done this before and it is up to me to do it again. You have just given me the inspiration.

Got to get busy.
Old 04-04-2018, 12:21 PM   #79  

Trish, the funny thing with my blood sugar and weight is I had starchy carbs yesterday. I had a McDonald's sausage and egg McMuffin and ate the muffin, and I had a ham sandwich on a bun later on. That is more carbs than I usually eat in a day, but I guess since both meals were small and I did not snack at all, the fasting period did it's job.

I have been having very slight potty issues, but I think that's my body getting rid of some toxins and I'm not worried about it. I think I will have a salad with my chicken broccoli alfredo today since I did not have any vegetables yesterday. I am craving sweet potatoes. What a thing to crave. LOL
Old 04-04-2018, 02:55 PM   #80  

Carol Sue I know I do better when I have the homemade egg mcmuffin. I use either Canadian bacon or regular bread, 1 egg, 2% Am cheese and multigrain English muffin. I also kept the 1/2 banana. I also learned that if I drink coffee with HWC my bs goes up from FBS, but if I use FF half & half it comes down from FBS. I also do better if I eat some of the starchy foods I want and I notice that if I don't restrict or cut them out of my eating plan, I don't want them all the time. I naturally like "healthy" foods. I think it goes back to smaller portions and 90% healthy and 10% treats I've heard 85% to 15%, but I think I need to do it different most of the time. I read it was good to end the meal with dessert so I'll use fruit or SF jello.

I've decided to close my 8 hr eating window with Nonfat Greek yogurt around 6:30 which today will give me a 6 hr eating window which will give me 18 hr fast before brunch tomorrow morning. This way of eating will also keep my calories between 1100 to 1300 and I'm working to keep carbs less than 120.

I read in DASH to plan to exercise everyday and you will probably end up with 5 days where as if you plan to exercise 5 days a week you will probably end up doing 3 days and end up not doing any. I know that has happened to me in the past so I'm going to try that and see if I can do better. I did do 20 minutes today.

Headed out to see Daddy and come right back home. He is really into his therapy. DS niece is working on getting him into program so that maybe he can stay at that facility or some facility. We don't want to wait until the last moment.
Old 04-04-2018, 05:13 PM   #81  

My dinner was really good. I could have very easily over-eaten but I stopped myself. I dumped the leftover pasta in water so I wouldn't eat it. LOL I totaled around 1200 calories today, or maybe more. I guess at how many ounces of chicken I had. But then today was to be an Up Day. I just want a long fast from now until dinner tomorrow, which will be a Down Day. I ate lunch today because I had some canned soup called Campbells' Yes. I bought 2 cans to try it and I think I will give the other can to my step-daughter. The sodium in that is outrageous!! I rarely eat canned soup, but I thought this soup was supposed to be healthy. It was minestrone and I ate mostly the solids and dumped out the broth, but I hate that I ate that. Live and Learn.

Yesterday I had so much pain all over my body. I felt terrible, and took a nap. Actually, I forgot to take my Motrin until it was too late in the day. If I took it then, I would not have been able to take another dose at bedtime. Today I took the daytime Motrin around 10, so I can take it again at bedtime. I feel so much better today. I don't know what makes the difference in the pain level. My foot just hurts a little bit on the side, and I can make a fist with both hands, and they don't hurt at all. It would be great if this was going away but I'm afraid to hope. I don't know what tomorrow will bring.

It would be great if your Dad could stay at that facility, or find a similar one nearby. I will continue to pray for that.
Old 04-04-2018, 05:53 PM   #82  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Carol I am so happy for you. I hope you can keep it up and keep the weight down! Way to go

I little off plan over Easter, spent an afternoon crafting with my little girls, and had some chocolate, because they insisted on sharing their eggs with me.
I have been having trouble with insomnia, I can get to sleep ok, but waking in the night and not being able to get back to sleep.
Or I finally drop off again about 5 am and have to wake up by 730 to work. I am not on call, so I don't think its stress. I am also hungry when I wake up, but have just been drinking water to get thru it. Will see how it is after tomorrow, I am off for a couple of weeks again. But during that time I see the doc again, and have my colonoscopy so that will be busy enough. Two days of fasting and laxatives in there, what fun.

I have signed up for an online weight loss psychology course, because I keep cheating and self sabotaging. Its not expensive, and if its wasted money, well, what else is new in weight loss land.

Carol, have you been taking Garcinia? or anyone else? whats your opinion?

Hello to everyone, and hope you are doing well.
Old 04-05-2018, 08:37 AM   #83  

I'm still going strong with this plan. I was very tempted to snack last night. It was a struggle. But I was rewarded with a FBG of 120 and very little pain. A bit on the side of my foot. Hands feel good. Today I plan on continuing my fast until dinner. I have not had any coffee creamer for a couple days now and the black coffee is better for blood sugar, but really doesn't taste as good. I don't want to be so sure to say that I have found my nitch, because this has not yet become a firm habit, but I'm hoping I can continue. I think varying the fasting from day to day is what is working so far. I can do each day based on each day's happenings, as long as I skip the night time snacking and have a long fast overnight, which may or may not extend into the next day.

We are still having snow flurries and very cold temps. Someone needs to take a look at the calendar! It's April!!!

Hi Mad. I had a few pieces of chocolate over Easter, too, and a couple since, but I've kept it in line. No chocolate binge.

I wake up during the night just about every night. When I was still working, I could not fall back to sleep because I knew it was so close to wake-up time, but now I can fall back to sleep most days, and if not, I am free to nap if necessary. I spent a lot of my working days in a zombie-like state. It was terrible. So I don't know what to tell you about that.

I think the weight loss psychology course is a great idea. I think so much of our weight problems are not so much what diet we are following, but how we are handling it in our minds. If you pick up any information from it that helps you, then it's worth it.

I have never taken Garcinia. I am really not one to take supplements. I take Fish Oil as directed by my cardiologist and the Turmeric I take to help with pain, not really knowing if it's helping or not. I take so much prescription medication that I'm afraid a supplement might interfere in some way. Maybe someone else has taken it and can give you some information.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:34 AM   #84  

I just ate scrambled eggs, so that cancels out my plan for a long fast today. I am a little disappointed in myself, but this is how it's going to be since I am going along with whatever life brings. I know going in that I have to work with DH's eating as well as I can. That's 257 calories since I add in the butter that DH cooks them in. So today will be a 2 meal day.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:14 PM   #85  

I was reading on FB CAD this morning getting a lot of ideas from what others eat on CM. I know this plan works so much better for me and will fit into the 8:16 IF. I'm back OP with CAD today and just plan to do 2 CM and the RM for our main meal.

I thought about the "fail to plan is a plan to fail". I know that my big problem is in the evening when I get hungry and or need something to eat so I need to plan NOT to fail at that time of day. By not planning in advance for that time of day, I am actually planning to fail. So I've decided to change that. One of the great things I learned to do when I was in Overeater's Anonymous was to plan our meals either the night before for the next day or that morning. We then had to call our sponsor and make a commitment to that plan by sharing it with her. It was surprising how that kept us OP.

So today, I'm back on CAD and I am making plans ahead of time on MFP. By planning my day each morning, I can have better control of what I'm eating and when. I planned 2 CM... 1 breakfast CM and an evening CM.

While I cooked my eggs and bacon for breakfast this morning, I boiled 2 eggs... 1 to go in the potato salad I made to go with our Air-fried chicken wings for RM and one to go into a tuna salad I made for my evening CM. I've got everything ready so that I can have a successful CAD Day 1. All I have to do with the tuna salad is add the mayo. Exercise today will be more of cleaning etc with some bike later for my knees. I don't use the earned exercise calories any way so I don't pay much attention to those. My calories for the day will be a total of 1286. Carbs are a moderately count of 112. This fits my lifestyle and I don't have to worry about eating off because I can have what I want as long as I have it within the FM and within my calories/carbs for the day.

I realized that I haven't had any tea in the last few days which may be why I've been having trouble at night. Also I have been staying up late for 2 nights working on our taxes. I haven't gone to bed before 2:30 am for 2 or 3 nights. All that and we didn't even have to file this year, however, we didn't know that. We still needed to organize them and save info as if we did file. I even have the info from IRS to show we didn't need to file.

One thing about CAD is that any keto meals or recipes I like will fit into CM time since those are low carb meals. I noticed today on the FB CAD that some people are even counting their carbs now although it isn't something CAD recommends that we do. This is because the CADer's on there work the program to fit themselves individually.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:48 PM   #86  

Trish, we have to file taxes because DH still gets taxes taken out of his pension check so we have to file to get that money back. I could change it so they no longer deduct the taxes, but I'm letting it go for now because I get that money back just in time to pay our property taxes. LOL Out of one pocket and into another.

The not eating at night is very difficult for me as it has become such a habit. Rarely is it out of hunger. Last night I wanted to munch on some celery. That is a very healthy snack and so low in calories, but it would interrupt the fasting period I am trying to maintain. I have to find a way to fit such things in with my meals, or at least in my eating window. I am still torn with the need to eat only when hungry. I don't get much actual hunger, not enough to eat all the things I want to eat. LOL And the are healthy foods. I'm making pork and sauerkraut for dinner today and plan on having some sweet potatoes with it since I was hungry for sweet potatoes yesterday. When I get a craving for something healthy like that I think it contains some nutrient that my body is needing. DH will want mashed potatoes with his, I already know that. He only eats sweet potatoes on Thanksgiving, if ever.

Glad you're back on CAD. I think that's the plan that's best for you, and using it along with IF is a good idea.
Old 04-06-2018, 12:02 AM   #87  

I made my first day back on CAD very well. I wasn't really hungry for the tuna salad, but I ate it an way and it tasted good plus it did the trick as it kept me from needing a snack and eating things I don't need. I also made the tea and have been sipping on it tonight and that also seems to satisfy me. I don't put any sweetener in my tea so that is good too. Yes, I agree that CAD really works for me. I have to learn to just take it one day at a time and not think of the long hall. Actually, if I can learn to think of this as a lifestyle rather than a diet, I think it would work even better.

Some CADers on FB drink Slim-fast or some other shake when in a hurry. Tomorrow is my day to go to the beauty shop. I really don't want to eat as early as I would have to before I leave so I've decided to drink a cup of coffee and take a low carb Slim-fast shake. I was through eating tonight by 7 giving me a 6 hr eating window so I could drink the shake when I go to see Daddy around 11ish and still have an 8 hr window. I don't want to drink it until at least 11 am. I the Slim-fast shake with 20 g protein and 1 net carb so it counts as low carb on CAD.

I did do 15 minutes on the bike so I've had an excellent first CAD day. It feels good to be back OP. Going to bed early tonight. I told DH that I have to have my 7 or 8 hrs because not having it makes my FBS higher.

See y'all tomorrow. Good night.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:58 AM   #88  

Trish, I'm glad to hear you had a good day. Day 1 is on the books....now on to Day 2. That's all you need to do.

My day yesterday was not as good as some, but I'm still at it. I had so much leftover food in my refrigerator. I went through and tossed some of it and will toss more today. I have a ham bone with a good bit of ham still on it, but we are done with ham. It's a couple times a year thing for me and I wouldn't make it if other didn't want it. Maybe I'll cut it up and make some ham salad. That's the only way DH will eat it.
Old 04-06-2018, 03:20 PM   #89  

Carol Sue We like ham but only eat it once a year at Christmas time. It has so much sodium that I just don't buy it the rest of the year although I would love to eat it. If I could do keto, I would eat it, but I'm not going to do keto.

I drank the Slim-fast shake at 9 am before I left. That will give me a longer eating window today, but that is ok. I also want to see how it works with my bs reading before lunch. Drinking it at 9 am gives me a 6 hrs between the shake and RM.

Making it my strategy to plan my meals for the day 1st thing in the morning worked out so good yesterday that I'm doing it again today. I'm tired of salad everyday so I'm not having one today. We are having home cooked cheeseburgers on Sara Lee MG 45 calorie bread and air-fried fries. Yogurt will be my dessert. I will make another tuna salad to eat tonight around 7ish. I had to struggle to get my calories to 1000, finally got them to 1045. My carbs are 91 g. I guess I'm doing low fat although I use 2% milk and cheese because it comes out to be 43 g fat. Protein must be a little low at 81 even with the 20 g in the Slim-fast. Sodium is a little high at 2385, but I'm still fairly low carb and don't want leg cramps. Fiber is a little low at 17 and sugar is good at 42. Not sure if that is considered bad sugar because that is in the milk and yogurt. If all goes well, I will have a successful Day 2.
Old 04-07-2018, 01:15 AM   #90  

Day 2 went great. I am going to try to go back to eating breakfast around 9 or 10. I noticed when I go 6 hrs between breakfast and dinner that my bs is really good before dinner. It was 114 today. I even got my exercise in. I did 10 minutes before breakfast and 10 minutes before dinner. I didn't have time for but 10 minutes this morning and I've heard it is good to do it on empty stomach before meals so decided to try it.

Already got my plan on MFP for Saturday. I'm struggling to get to 1000 calories, but will figure it out tomorrow.

Good night.
Closed Thread