Old 07-07-2012, 05:56 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Georgia - I buy the packaged salads and then if there are any other things I want in it I just add it. Then I cook whatever meet I want to go with it. I'm a night time eater so I plan low/lower carb things I can eat or even drink then. Maybe it would be good not to think meals as much as it would be to think snacks.

My eating is good. DH went to bed wanting to go out for pizza today, but woke up not wanting to go which worked out good for me since I wasn't sure how I was going low carb at Pizza Hut. I went to the store and got me some more foods for low carb that I couldn't get at Wal-Mart the other day. Came home and made me a salad while I cooked pork country style ribs and a mixture of asparagus and green beans. I love to eat crackers with my salad, so I bought some pork rinds to eat with my salads. Had a big glass of iced green tea with it and it was uumm good. So glad we didn't go for pizza. I've the been watching the scale and I'm going to have a weight loss tomorrow. Hopefully it will stay the same as it was this morning and I'll .have a really good loss for this week.

Rie, Bonnie, Ruth, Mad and all others reading

Y'all have a great day.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:23 AM   #32  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sorry Seacat but I missed ing you. I'm glad you joined us. Nice to see Georgia back in the fold too.

Not much new here - just trying to stay cool and hydrated and have been eating on plan. the only problem - and not a big one - I that I ran out of glyburide and have been doing without. Luckily my FBGL has been decent - 5.3 and 4.6 the past two mornings. I'll fix the problem tomorrow. (Our wee pharmacy isn't open every day.)

Must confess my gym performance has not been stellar this week. I have gone but seem to be too tired to complete my sets. I think it may be the heat. We "northerners" are just not used to 96º! This week is going to be a bit cooler so I'm hoping to get my groove back.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:58 AM   #33  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Hi everyone: tried posting yesterday but lost the post again, so gave up.
Georgia< whats the new job? sounds like you are working at a gym? I think if the boys are at home on their own all day, they need some responsibilities. Like call about 60-90 minutes before you get home. They have to clean up and start food prep. If not, no privileges, ( like nintendo?) etc.
Happy that you are doing well Rie: I have great memories of drive ins as a kid, we went in our pjs, and fell asleep after the first movie. It was a cheap date night for our parents, and fun for everyone, and we could bring our own snacks.
Hope everyone has a happy sunday, ttfn
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:11 AM   #34  
Intuitive Eating & HAES

S/C/G: 290/244/175

Height: 5'4"

Seakat, welcome! Mad and Georgia, your trips both sound wonderful. Bonnie, I’m slightly late, but congratulations on the birth of little Liam!

Rie, I laughed at the mention of mint… We have lots of it growing randomly in our yard, but the dogs seem to enjoy sitting on it. (A nutritionist once told me that nurturing a garden is one of the best ways to learn to appreciate healthier food.)

Trish, I’ve taken various supplements for neuropathy and edema. Although they’ve worked well, they often upset my stomach, too. I’d love to know if the probiotics are helping.

Ruth, re-starting an exercise routine is the next thing on my agenda. My problem is consistency, so I’m trying to find the right way to ease back in so that the change is a sustainable one.

Eating more consciously this week has gone well so far. I’m realizing with amusement, though, how often I wrap the rest of my life around food cravings. My errands were strangely short and efficient yesterday, without the usual half dozen mid-trip stops for treats. (Didn't notice how much I think, "What do I want to eat now, and how am I going to get it?") In spite of these many odd empty spaces in my head, I feel calm.
PartTimeHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:54 AM   #35  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

PartTimeHippie Thanks And Welcome to you and all the newbies here I havnt not had a chance to meet. So Love the recipe with the root beer and the almond milk how much milk and how much root beer want to give it a try.

Woke up yesterday and had a migraine and a sore throat. Little Julianne had a play date the other day and come back with a cold one of the other children was sick so now it is going threw the house my daughter has it bad now I am getting it funny how her parents arent getting it. Trying to get on plan today I hope I can do it as bad as I felt yesturday but got some meds and ready to start..

Fbs was 82 this morning . I will check back later
Butterfly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:07 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Happy Sunday morning!

The drive in was so much fun last night. My fbs is 89 this morning, probably due to the loads of popcorn I ate last night. Oh well, treats happen. It was lovely, 75 degrees after the sun went down, stars bright overhead as we watched a movie. It was a double feature but we usually leave after the first show.

Georgia, I like the packaged salad greens also. I buy the chopped romaine lettuce from sams and just add to it. It works. It also only costs me about $5 per week for salad greens. I buy bulk dressing powders and make my own with mayo and almond milk. Terrific.

Hippie, as I was weeding the garden this morning I was laughing at the way your dogs like to sit on the mint.

Mad, are you still at the lake or are you heading back to the real world tomorrow?

Georgia, yes, tell us about the new job. I totally agree with Mad, those boys should have chores and present you with a clean kitchen and supper started when you get home. Healthy eating is easier if they are involved. Besides..... their future wives with thank you!

Trish, how is your tummy? I think it just might be the change in eating and it will settle out. It sounds like things are going better. congrats on avoiding pizza hut. You go girl

Bonnie, how's it going? Are you getting in any activity? It will be nice to have you back here whenever you can join us.

Well, sorry if I missed anyone. Be back tomorrow

Rie

Riemontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:52 PM   #37  

Bonnie My apology because I can't remember if I congratulated you on the new grandbaby. So Congratulations on the new baby. Hope the sickness will not last very long.

The probiotics seem to be helping and I'm not eating Induction low as I've added a few things like Greek yogurt. Still trying to keep the carbs low. Yesterday my weight showed a 3 lb loss, but this morning my weight is the same so no change on the ticker yet.

BBL
Old 07-08-2012, 03:39 PM   #38  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

I have a lovely new job! (Thank you for asking!) I am the personal assistant to my Pilates instructor's studio. I've been going there for two years and finally convinced her she needed more help in order for her business to grow. She is a one-woman show. I explained to her that her expertise is in teaching people how to move correctly, help them build proper alignment and build muscles to support that, help them to get their heads on straight about taking care of themselves. But she was spending too much time doing paperwork, dealing with marketing her business, etc. That was making her unhappy. I get happy doing that for others so they can shine (I just added virtual assistant to my bag of tricks).

So in the two weeks since I've started working for her, we've got a website moving forward, her social media is managed, her paperwork is done and she is a very happy woman. She has more clients doing private sessions with her during the day. Her workouts have really stepped up (oh my lord I'm still sore since Friday!). I get paid to do the website work and I get all the Pilates training I want at no additional cost to me. I get to step into any class I want! It's great! Really helps a lot with my blood sugar levels when I can step away from the computer for an hour a couple times in the middle of the day.

As for the salads, I get most of my veggies from another client of mine, a CSA farm. (I write a newsletter for them weekly, manage their social media and do some marketing for them, I built their website and maintain in. And I get all my veggies and pasture-raised eggs in payment.) I have bags of salad greens that I wash and have ready to use in my fridge. And I go through them pretty quickly. Cucumbers and peppers now, then heirloom tomatoes are coming up next. I don't have a problem with putting together a salad everyday. I just really love it when someone else makes my salad for me! Maybe that's a chore for my sons...make Mom her salad so that when she gets home she's distracted by it, experiences gratefulness and doesn't notice all the popcorn kernals all over the sofa and carpet in the living room.

My sons do have chores. One son is 20 and he's in and out of the house, then girlfriend comes over, and he's very ADD (documented!)...so distracted from his work! Nothing ever gets completed. The other son is almost 15 and he's good with getting his work done, but when I give him the list, I get a don't-we-have-people-to-do-this? look from him. He seems to be working through his adolescence in a state of perpetual anger. So when I get home, I have to redirect their attentions to completing tasks and I get a lot of ugly attitude. At least the dog loves me! Maybe Daisy Mae can make Mommy a salad. And a cocktail.

I hope everyone has a lovely Sunday. Will chat with you all soon.

(My hands and feet are puffy from the heat. Gained 9 lbs in two days from water retention once the temperatures got into the upper 90s. Anybody else suffering from this?)
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:04 AM   #39  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

well its monday again. short post, since I continually lose my posts on this darn laptop. just a few more days at the lake, we leave on wednesday. made some decisions about the place. don't have the capital or the ability to take on more debt to build something better, so considering timeshare with family members if they can supply the $. i hope this isn't a crazy idea that will erode my family, if we carefully make a contract. the experiences of folks in this group sharing with family are not encouraging!
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:57 AM   #40  

Happy Monday!

fbs at 81 this morning. I did 70 minutes of WalkItOut. I enjoyed it. Bonnie, I am about half way through completing my 3rd island. I am going to start doing more walking outside, though, as I get ready for a couple walking races later this summer....

Mad, I think the time share idea could work. Not knowing your family.... I know that many folks in Montana with family cabins earn money to support them by renting them when not in use. The internet makes this really easy. You can charge deposits and such to protect yourself from damage and stay completely in control. No long term obligation. Just an idea......

Georgia, how cool that you get to barter for all those goods and services! That is wonderful.

Bonnie, I hope your cold is short-lived. How are you feeling other than the cold?

Ruth, I hope you get your prescription today. I missed filling my januvia before a business trip last month. I was really nervous but strangely I didn't see much change in my bs It may be a more long term med than I thought... Have a good day and stay cool.

Hippey, LOL, sometimes I drive by some fast food place and think, "hmm, I used to stop there for snacks!" Seriously. Snacks. And then I would still eat a meal later. Wow.

Trish, I hope you are having a calm week. Take care.

Rie
Old 07-09-2012, 11:04 AM   #41  
Bonnie

Hey their feeling pretty good today Rie. I had a very on plan day yesterday food was great and then I did 1 hour of walk it out and then I went out side and walked for 3 miles and it felt good I am a little sore today but that goes with not working out for a while so all is to be expected.

So far my day is good sitting here eating some greek yogurt and a banana with alittle bit of granola and flax seed sprinkled on top. My Fbs was 112 this morning so that ok.

I hope all is going good for everyone one have not had a chance to read all the post. I will be back later.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:11 AM   #42  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Mad, I like Rie's idea of having a place you can sublet to others the rest of the year. I want to buy a couple houses in my hometown to do just that. I've done it myself through VRBO.com. I love that site and have always found a place that I can afford, especially when I share accomodation with friends and/or family. I think it's quite easy to list with them.

Holidays with family...now there's a cause for overeating and drinking! I just don't do it any more. It's not that my family is replete with terrible people (only just a couple!), it's that I don't find it a restful, fun experience because there seem to be no boundaries respected and huge assumptions are made about a lot of different things like equitable share of the costs (never happens!), differing views on tidyness and noise levels. And then there's always the one who provokes a "discussion" and goads us into an arguement. Ah...good times! I really do prefer only traveling with good girlfriends, sans husbands and kids. Women who play well with others as well as don't take it personally when I need to take a day off from them to explore on my own.

Rie, I've never heard of Walk It Out before. I have the Wii so I might need to consider it. I'm not sure my kids would join in with me. Perhaps if the game had an arcade-like shooting and blowing up feature...

I'm finally feeling fully back from my vacation today. I took the weekend to dial back the carbs and I think I'm doing better now. Really, the hardest part of vacations now is not indulging in carbs. As if it's okay to abuse my pancreas when I'm traveling! Silly me!

Off to work! Catch you later chicks!
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:22 PM   #43  
Bonnie

Georgia walk it out is fun I do it and some days you have so much fun that I have walked for two hours before I realized what time has gone by. Look for it on amazon that is where I got mine.

well off to run errands for the day.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:25 PM   #44  

Good Morning Everyone

Didn't get back to post last night. I spent the weekend with DH and washing and cleaning things I can't really do when the kids are here. I was up until 3am each night hile they were gone. As far as I know they will return sometime later today. Got a call from DD school this morning, but I missed it and the answering machine didn't keep it and it appears that she skipped school. Don't know what that does to her school since according to what she told us in the beginning; if she misses one time without a doctor's slip, she will be expelled. These friends of theirs from FL just got some kind of a settlement and they all want to live together or very close to each other. I know at one time they were all talking about them moving up here. So I'm not sure if they are really here for just a visit. Just hope it turns out good and my DH doesn't get hurt in the process.

Ended up with no gain or loss so I assume that is good as the eating has been pretty good. Went to the store this moring to get some healthier things to eat. DH isn't in the mood for anything I fix so I'm going to take advantage of it and get on a good eating routine of healthy foods that I seem to suddenly have a taste for. I will be going to the gym on T-W&Th. It seems everyone goes on Mon & Fri and it is very difficult to get the machines. Not hardly anyone there those those 3 days.

Just got call from DD and she is bringing the baby and the dog home so I'll have to get ready for them.

Have a great day.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:01 AM   #45  

Hi Georgia

Here is a walkitout link. I love this game.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

Rie