Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 01:13 PM   #61  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there . . .

Got back from the luncheon fairly early by telling them I wasn't feeling too well -- unfortunately that happens to be the truth -- yuck. Had another of those wee-hours lows so guess you could say I had breakfast at 2:30 am. By 9:30, when I got up again BGL was sitting at 4.7 (85); so I sort of had breakfast again. Now I'm just back from a realatively light but not necessarily healthy lunch. All adding up to another day of too many calories and too little activity.

Here's a little tidbit from D:life . . . and the second part of it ties right in with your little problem THIN . . . http://www.dlife.com/dLife/do/ShowCo...el_062907.html

And that's probably a good question, too . . . Do You notice fluctuations in BGL around TOM? Difficult for me to say, since my diagnosis of Diabetes and my onset of Menopause coincided quite nicely -- but, I still notice that I get monthly hormone surges and corresponding monthly BGL fluctuations as well -- sometimes up; sometimes down.

Have a great day gang . . . keep things moving and shaking . . . see you later.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:24 PM   #62  
Happy New Rears!

Hi soiley, I didn't realize you needed a walker - that easy walk tape sounds wonderful. I'm glad you found it.

I don't have too much planned for this weekend. I have to go to a dinner thing at my husband's golf club tomorrow and I literally have nothing to wear. I am between sizes right now, my 18/20 stuff is too big and my 16s are too small, I have nothing dressy enough for dinner. So tomorrow I am going to find something to wear at the mall (hopefuly cheap) I hate buying clothes that won't fit me soon - hopefully. It's such a waste of money.

Sunday I am going to try and get a little sun in the backyard, it's supposed to be really hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee
Here's a little tidbit from D:life . . . and the second part of it ties right in with your little problem THIN . . . http://www.dlife.com/dLife/do/ShowCo...el_062907.html
Thanks meowee, off to check that link out.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:26 PM   #63  
The Weight's Coming Off!

S/C/G: 245/245/155?

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all - I'm back. I had my daughter June 18th, went off insulin immediately and sugar levels seem ok so far - a little higher than pre-preg but I haven't been exercising yet.
Looks like we have several new faces. I'll have to get re-introduced! I am still active in my community journal here.
Talk to you all soon!
Kim
Old 07-06-2007, 09:50 PM   #64  
Happy New Rears!

Hi Kim, congratulations on your new baby!!

I see you are down 20lbs already, keep up the good work!
Old 07-06-2007, 10:02 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 230/220/150

Meow Kim. that means congrats and welcome back!!!
Old 07-07-2007, 11:17 AM   #66  
Onward and Downward

Yay KIM . . . Yay KIM . . . Yay KIM . . .

And a great big for everybody on this July Saturday . . . Just passing through again . . . Lobster-related places to go and stuff to do. Weather is dreary, heavy, overcast -- but so far it's not raining. Yesterday I ate tons and tons of scallops (well almost a pound) with a big salad and fresh fruit. All in all not too bad. I managed to pass on the heavy salads and the homemade desserts and ice cream.

Anyway, before I go off about some stuff again today thought I'd pass along this very good article about CardioVascular Disease and Diabetes. Obviously not a fun read, but important information just the same . . .

http://www.everydayhealth.com/public...ec66ffb6c2&p=1

Have a great day, gang . . . see you later . . .
Old 07-07-2007, 11:29 AM   #67  
Onward and Downward

Obviously this is a morning for my e:mail to be full of the yuckies . . . . . . Here's another article. This one is about another problem that happens often to diabetics . . . toenail fungus . . .

http://www.everydayhealth.com/public...d2386b9c9b&p=1

And here's a question for the weekend . . . Have you experienced any toenail problems (or fingernail problems, for that matter)?. I'm missing the nail on my right big toe because of an ingrown nail problem. After three more minor attempts at correction failed, my doctor and I decided it was best to just get rid of it. Needless to say, I do not paint my toenails anymore since that would really draw attention to the missing one.

Later gang . . .
Old 07-07-2007, 01:48 PM   #68  
having Senior Moments

S/C/G: 265/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello all. We had a bit of a windstorm last night. Unfortunatley, it never cools down when that happens and makes a lot of mess in the yard. I have tumbleweeds stacked against my fence. Yuck - they are stickery.

Thats's funny meowee - you and I living parallel lives again. I am missing my right toenail also, for the same reason. Been having the same problem with the left, it might go next time I go to podiatrist. Lot better than having sore toes tho.

As for TOM, I don't do that, had a hysterectomy in my 30's. I still have ovaries but only had cycles about every 3 mos or so. Haven't even done that for years, so guess I've completed menopause. I never noticed that many bgl problems, mostly mental problems during hormone cycles.

Congratulations Kim on your new baby. I don't know you, but looking forward to it.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:41 PM   #69  

Morning everyone,
another sunny day here.. sry i was mia yesterday, a very busy and stressful day for me..my mil who is 85 was airvacked to anchorage with what they thought was a heart attack but after tests it looks like its pancreatitus..my dh was allready in anchorage so he was able to go and be with his mom and see that she got the care and attention she needed..in the mean time ive had all 3 grkids and and trying to finnish things for our trip etc etcinspite of it all the kids are being really well behaved but demanding and lots of interuptions; but i did manage to finnish the sewing and my sl have stayed in the 80's but i have been eating all the wrong thingstoday is house cleaning day and the munchkins are going to help; all tho they're cluless right now..Kim welcome back and congrats on the new baby.. whats her name? i luv babies..enjoy..hope u all have agreat weekend..ttfn (((((hugs))) rosey
Old 07-07-2007, 05:37 PM   #70  
Happy New Rears!

Hi Rosey, sorry to hear about your Mother-in-law and all the stress you've been under. How are things now?

I had a pretty good day, did my cardio, did the grocerey shopping and luckily I found a dress to wear tonight in the first store I went in to. It might not sound like a big deal to you but this is the first time in years I have bought from a regular store and not the plus+ size store. So it was a big deal to me

The dress is black and white with a red flower through it, kinda tropical, tie waist and it looks pretty good on me. I wish the sleeves were longer to cover my arms (it has cap sleeves) I figure it will be pretty easy to take-in when I lose more weight and it was only 60.00! Wish me luck with eating tonight, I've been doing so good I don't want to screw up.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:22 PM   #71  

Hello everyone! I am still fighting this cold and it is getting on my last nerve! My bg was 180 this morning!!! I am sure it was because of not sleeping well, no exercise and being sick, but I do NOT want to go back to fighting the bg numbers all the time, so I am considering a total overhaul on my diet. It is not BAD, I just have failed to plan carefully and it is beginning to catch up with me.

I finally got in a good workout today...the first in a week at least. I did not have too much trouble with it, so I feel somewhat encouraged.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! I am off to finish the laundry! (yuck! I hate laundry!)
Old 07-07-2007, 07:41 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 230/220/150

Went on a short shopping trip with my mom today. She took me to eat at Olive Gardern. I had the Venetian Apricot chicken which is served with asparagus and broccoli. I managed to limit myself to 2 bread sticks with a bit of maranara... All in all a very good meal and really tasty too.

Blood sugars have been all over the last couple of days rangeing from a low of 81 to a high of 149. bouncing up and down every couple of hrs.... frustrating. But I managed an eating out victory when everyone else was ordering pasta dishes!!!!!
Old 07-08-2007, 12:30 AM   #73  
Happy New Rears!

Monet, I hope that cold of yours disappears tomorrow

kkitty, WTG restraining yourself at Olive Garden!

Well, I did okay at my hubby's club function, it was a buffet - which surprised me as usually it is a pre plated thing. I had some cocktail shrimp with a tiny bit of sauce, a whole wheat roll, 1 slice of roast beef, some salad and marinated vegetables. I drank 2 diet cokes and had no desserts although everyone at my table had plates piled high, it was pretty hard to sit there while the lady next to me was eating cheesecake and carrot cake and key lime pie!

I was a little disappointed no one noticed my weight loss, the last time I saw all these people was 2 months ago when I was just starting my diet. Not a single person commented. :-/
Old 07-08-2007, 11:25 AM   #74  
Onward and Downward

Hi everybody . . .

We had another nasty little thunderstorm late yesterday afternoon. Only minor light-flickering but it did manage to rain out the children's Lobster Carnival parade. I stayed home and had salmon and salad for dinner instead of going out for lobster. So naturally the sun came out about 8:30 pm. This morning is looking pretty good. Hope it lasts for the wind-up of the local festivities.

My BGL is back to fairly sane levels -- 6.1 (110) this morning but, boy oh boy, I really think I'm going to have to change my official weigh-in day to Sunday. Nice 226.6 this morning. Wonder where it will be by Wednesday. I'd almost be willing to bet money it will be higher . . . again. Of course, If I did change days, Wednesday would probably then manage to become my best (i.e., read lowest) day of the week. Probably one of "Murphy's Laws", or something.

ROSEY . . . hope things are soon better for the MIL . . .

THIN . . . the dress sounds great and don't worry, they will eventually notice that you've been losing . . . but it does hurt when they don't.

KITTY . . . sorry about the bouncing BGLs, but congratulations on the great lunch NSV.

MONET . . . you've been sick for far too long, girl . . . sure hope you are better really soon . . .

SOILEY . . . My left toe was also bad at the time I had the right done . . . but I think the pain of the right scared it into submission. It's hardly bothered me at all in the last couple of years. Doesn't even look ingrown anymore. So Doctor says we won't argue with success.

Here's an article about Sleep Disorders that I thought you might find interesting . . . http://www.everydayhealth.com/public...9-24f31b1fd806 . . .

Anyway, have a great moving and shaking day, everybody and I'll see you again really soon . . .
Old 07-08-2007, 11:49 AM   #75  
Happy New Rears!

Hi Meowee, thanks

I have another function coming up on July28th, so maybe someone will notice I have one less chin and a new collar bone.

Congrats on the weigh in today

Happy Sunday everyone
Closed Thread