Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-29-2006, 05:40 AM   #76  

hi all
had 2 more sets of people come to look at the house and first sunny day for a while. was nice except i am photosensitive at the mo and it was hard for me to be in the sun. usually i love it

my puppy has a cyst between her toes so off to the vet tmrw if it doesn't settle down. at least i didn't have to worry about her escaping

marie - no way could i cope with living without sunshine. that would be horrid. i can see why you love your blue light. we are different here we have the most UV here in the world. you can still get burnt at 6pm in summertime. the ozone hole is bigger so our sunshine is totally different. people from the northern hemisphere are often surprised by how easily you burn here!
i hope you get the house to yourself. it's nice to have a break

Keira - i shouldn't laugh but that is so funny about your hubby losing his eyebrows. what a sight hehe

April - I hope the op goes well for DH.
as for the meds well we all have bad days but i think you are right, celexa affected my appetite too. of course now i just have totally bad habits so nothing short of zipping my mouth would stop me eating! hope the doc can work out what is best for you

night all
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 12:01 PM   #77  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

April, I'm sorry about DH having surgery. I hope he will be all right.

Good luck with the Effexor. I was on that med and I wasn't hungry, per se. But I ate lots and when I didn't, I still couldn't lose weight.

I think of you often as I enjoy my Blue Light. It has made all the difference for me. Exercise and the blue light are letting me hold my own without meds. I pray it stays that way.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 12:14 PM   #78  
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi everyone. I know I'm being strange - two posts in a row. I just didn't want to forget to write to April about her hubby and her post was on page 5 and the rest on page 6. Aw, so confusing.

Buddly, the story about hubby's eyebrows is funny as long as he wasn't injured. I never thought about our culvert freezing up. It doesn't stay cold here. Usually in the thirties throughout the winter. My pool, however did freeze this year. It finally melted completely last week. Now it's just icky water on the cover. Someday soon it'll be warm and swimming weather again.

SweetPea, I hope the lookers buy. That would be wonderful for you. I thought that moving to the "City of Sunshine" in the desert would stop the cloudy days. But no, when they say that we have sun 95% of the days, they mean that it comes out daily. It does. Nearly everyday there is at least a couple minutes of sunshine. Not my idea of a SUNNY day. So I say bullsh*t when someone says City of Sunshine. And desert - yeah, in the summer. I call it the Desert Rain Forest.

Well, DS and GF haven't canceled their reservations so maybe there is hope. I really want alone time.

Today I'm going into town since I need another skein of yarn for DGS's blanket I knitted yesterday. The yard is 25% smaller than normal skeins, so I'm one short. It is cute, though. Unfortunately if I don't go into town I can't knit. It's on the machine and can't come off till it's done.

I fought with computers yesterday. That wasn't fun. Today will be a continuation with computer battles. But at least the one that went looney is working (as I type on it).

Well, I'll chat with you later.
Marie
Old 03-29-2006, 12:46 PM   #79  

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning,
April - so nice to "see" you again. Hope your hubby's surgery goes well and hope your dr appt goes well.

Sweet_pea - hope you get buyers soon. Othing worse than having total strangers come in and judge your home. And I hope your puppy feels better soon.

Marie - hope all is well and you get your alone time. Did you finish the blanket? DD18 is teaching herself to knit and is working on a scarf from a starter kit. My mom use to knit all the time. I never got into it. I love how fast your projects seem to get completed with the knitting machine that would make it more fun I think.

Not to much new here. I had a nothing day yesterday. Our driveway is still flooded. Hubby went down and talked to the powers at be, so will just have to wait and see. Yeah, it was funny when he lost his eye brows. He wasn't hurt just a little surprised. I'm surprised at how fast the snow is melting, it would be perfect if it had some place to go tho
Anyway I'm hoping to find my kitchen table today. For some reason I always lose it
Take care everyone and have a wonderful day,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 05:16 PM   #80  

hi all
will post properly later. wave of tiredness came over me so popping back into bed for a rest before i take dog and cat to the vet
Old 03-29-2006, 07:09 PM   #81  

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
bad day
bad week
desire to kill everyone, scream at everyone and tell them to shut up = 10

not doing good at all and really feeling stressed out, constant headaches, everything annoys me, lights are too bright, everything too loud. i want to go outside and scream at the neighbours kid to shut the F* up. i am in a bad bad way. if i don't sleep soon i really don't know what i will do

correction if i don't get a decent amount of sleep in one go, refreshing relaxing sleep. i'm at my wits end

ok vent over. i just don't know what to do to fix it. pills aren't working. none of the antianxiety meds or antipscyhotics have worked. doc says it's because i'm off my ADs but i get periods like this even when on ADs so that's not the answer. probably less bad days but still have this extreme rage and desire to maim torture kill
Old 03-29-2006, 07:57 PM   #82  
Lifelong Journey Member

Wow, SweetPea. Take a deep relaxing breath. Sound like you are in a way bad place. Have you ever thought of meditation? It might help you relax and clear your mind so you can sleep. I know when I'm manic I resort back to my ZUMS. Also you might want to try yoga. Anything that helps destress you. I'm really sorry your doing so bad. Wish I could send you some of my blue spectrum light therapy. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Marie
Old 03-29-2006, 10:00 PM   #83  

here i am again slightly calmer after my chocolate sundae from mcd

just got back from vet. antibiotics for jasmine. she has pyoderm (sp) bacteria on her face and an interdigital cyst and swollen lymph nodes ugh. the cat she thinks will be ok but i have to watch the ulcer in her ear and make sure it heals. phew so much to do and so little good quality sleep

Marie what is ZUMS

as for the meditation we've had this convo before LOL. i try try try and simply can not do it. there was a free course last weekend by a crowd that came from another town to do the course but that was the weekend i had to go away to the speech comp. but i have tried lots of different methods and i am utterly useless at it and yoga bores me witless

in theory i think self hypnosis or meditation are the logical approaches to quieting my brain. in practise... they don't friggin work

i looked at buying one of those blue lights. at the time the website said they were out of stock, but i suspect we get enough sunlight here with the ozone hole etc etc.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:50 PM   #84  

Hi everyone....I went to the doctor today....he changed the Celexa to Effexor XR.....he said the eating is a symptom of Seasonal Affective Disorder....which I have.
I won't start the Effexor XR until DH comes home from the hospital on Saturday.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 01:06 AM   #85  

good luck with the efexor - does the blue light not help with SAD?
Old 03-30-2006, 03:53 PM   #86  
Lifelong Journey Member

Buddly, I just finished the blanket this morning. I bought two more skeins of yarn yesterday and made the blanket a little longer since DGS is getting bigger everyday. He's starting to smile and laugh. He's so adorable. BTW, he is on his way to the coast. DS and GF decided to go after all. YEAH!!! They just left and I'm enjoying the house to myself. Pretty darn cool.

SweetPea, the blue light is basically for SAD. Since the daylight is so shortened, the light therapy gives the boost that the sun would have. At this point, I like mine so much, I'm thinking year round with it.

April, good luck with the Effexor. I know it had worked for me in the past. I'd never tried Celexa.

Talk with you all later.
Marie
Old 03-30-2006, 05:21 PM   #87  

hi marie. yes i thought that was what the blue light was for but april was saying she has SAD but i thought she'd be ok with her blue light'

we don't have much in the way of short days here and as i don't work i can get out during the day to see the sun so not a major. sleep on the other hand

last night i felt like i must have been in bed forever. woke up and it was only 1.30am doubt i'd been asleep more than an hour. may go back to bed!

supposed to be going to a singles dinner tongiht but i want to pike. hate singles dinners agreed in a moment of weakness. you get the full spectrum of women there across all ages, jobs, intelligence, social skills. but the men are usually the bottom 80%. some of them can't even hold a conversation. some have been very nice but i don't know if i can be bothered. i'm not actively looking and i just feel like going to a singles dinner is "desperate"

tried to get someone to go in my place but then we had a tiff. she has now said no. not sure why as i won't be there so what difference does it make. oh well who cares. going to check if a friend is going (i'd say yes - she says she's not interested in men but then goes on blind dates). see how i can wriggle out. think i will just ring now.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:42 PM   #88  

Hi everyone.....DH had his surgery today....on his prostate....He had a spinal for an anesthetic....because he had the stroke last year.....he is doing well.....I will be going back to the hospital....again....... shortly.

sweet_pea.....I need more than the blue light....so I take an antidepressant.....SAD can be really mild to the opposite....some people with SAD are even suicidal.

Marie.....I will start the Effexor when DH comes home from the hospital in a day or two.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 11:10 PM   #89  

I spent some time this morning working on my book. First time I have done anything on it for months. Now I am going to bed for a nap. Tonight I'm going out to dinner. Would rather stay home but too late to back out It's a singles dinner which is part of the reason I'm so anti!

Hey April. glad the op went well. that sounds serious but all good if he is on the road to recovery. I can relate to the severe symptoms!!! I get SAD as well as depression ie it's worse in winter. The pills are enough to stop crying and suicide but nothing more.

New month tomorrow... I will put the thread up tmrw. Might also advertise in the buddy threads to see if we can get any newcomers. what do you think??? or are we happy with the number of people we have here
Old 03-30-2006, 11:11 PM   #90  
Hot Mama

Hey everyone- Haven't been around much. So many things to do, so little energy. But I'm slogging my way through.

Sweet Pea-I'm like you with the meditation. I am sure it could work, if only I could do it!

I think I'm going to look into the blue light. It sound like it may help.

My husband is continuing to confuse me. I talked it out with my therapist, helped to kind of put things in perspective. I just don't know what DH expects from me. It changes all the time. He even started some of the manipulation stuff over the phone last week.

I've been walking almost every day now that the weather is nice. Get the kids on their bikes, and the doggie dragging me along behind her. She was pulling me so fast today, I twisted my angle. PAIN!!!! It's sore and tender still, hopefully better tomorrow so we can walk again.
Marciet is offline   Reply With Quote