Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-25-2006, 09:05 PM   #61  

Oh well I have my first lookers right on time at 2pm for open home but goodness only knows it’s the pits of a day. we have cyclone weather. Monstrous wet and windy days. Hoping cyclone misses us!
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 09:31 PM   #62  

marie - i meant to say a couple of things

first the dieting... don't worry if you overeat from time to time. take each day as it comes! the aim isn't perfection but if you do all the right things 80% of the time you will be healthier for it!!!

also i checked with the doc. we don't have trazadone in NZ. in fact there is a heap we don't have including lunestra. oh well. hoping the rose oil does the trick altho i do definitiely get way grumpier and more tearful without meds
Old 03-26-2006, 01:13 PM   #63  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Sort of strange you don't have trazedone. From what I understand it's been on the market forever. That's a bummer.

I already walked this morning but I didn't yesterday. Apparently the 5 miler killed me on Friday. So instead of waking 6 miles over two days, I walked 5. I lost a mile. Oh well. I'm up to 60.2 miles so far this month.

How did your open house go? Any bites? I hated selling me house!!! It was a horrible process and kicked me into onee of my most notorious manic episodes.

Wel,, got to go. I will chat later.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 01:46 PM   #64  

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone,

Congrats Sweet_pea on the competition!! Hope the open house went alright. I haven't heard about rose oil for moods, I use lavender oil a lot, I'll have to look into the rose though.

Hey Marie, you are doing so great with your walking, I may have to look into those WATP DVD's, a lot of people on here rave about them. The weather has improved so much here that I am hoping to get out walking in the mornings again. I have the eliptical machine here, but I find that it just kills my knees for some reason, so I try to hop on and do as much as I can whenever. I figure a little is better than nothing. But I really have to start doing something with a little more consistancy.

Not much going on here. Trying to get ready for school tomorrow so that means catching up on laundry and baking cookies for snacks. DD15 has her 16th birthday coming on Friday, so I'll have to think of something for her cake. Gosh, these kids are starting to make me feel old

Well I should get going, the washer has quit so its time to do the change over .
Take care everyone,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 04:59 PM   #65  

good morning all

just thought i would ask a wee question before starting our next thread...

we can continue with weekly or we could try a monthly thread starting April and let this one carry over until the end of March??? any thoughts???

Marie you are sooooo hard on yourself LOL. You are doing great with your walking. but i can understand how the 5 mile walk might have taken a while to recover from hehe

Keira those cookies sound good. Can I come over and lick the bowl? Half of what i bake never gets onto the tray. i eat the mix by the spoonful

and yes the rose oil is expensive so you have to check authenticity. apparently it takes like 6000 petals to make one itsy bitsy bottle of oil. i just dab a drop on each wrist and rub it gently. then each time i feel bad i sniff my wrists.

lavender is good too. i use lavender french and do the same thing but rose is uplifting whereas lavender is more just a calming thing. rose is like a superoil. it uplifts calms etc etc. gives you confidence too. in the past i have only used it when i have special occasions. like a date a job interview a competition etc etc. but now i think i'll just use it all the time!
Old 03-26-2006, 05:00 PM   #66  

oops one more thing.
i read that rose oil is specifcally for depression...
Old 03-26-2006, 07:17 PM   #67  
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi all, first, where do you get rose oil??? and does it smell like beautiful roses? I lovet he smell of certain flowers. Orange blossoms are my favorite followed by lilacs then followed by roses. So an oil where I could have the scent all the time would be cool. Especially if it helped stave off depression.

Kiera, I really like the WATP videos. Since I bumped up to the advanced workout, I definitely can feel I'm getting a good aerobic workout but it doesn't hurt anything. Except when I over do the 5 mile walk. I started with the 1 mile walk for one day, then bumped it to the 2 mile walk for about 8 weeks, then bought the advanced walk that Cathyxxx recommended. I'm very happy I did.

I have an elliptical/gazelle machine I spent $444 last year. What a waste of money. I like doing it but then I started having back problems. After a few months I went to the dr. and he told me to walk to relieve the pain. By gash, he was right. I started walking, haven't been on the gazelle since last April and haven't had a twinge of back pain. So now I have to try and sell the gazelle but how do you tell someone it's basically brand new but that it was destroying my back??? Hmmm. So I haven't listed it yest, but I will. Just an FYI of why your knees hurt and that maybe your should listen to them and stop the elliptical. You don't want to do permanent damage.

SweetPea, I think a monthly chat would be perfect. I really like the continuity of the longer thread. I wish we all liked the same things isnce I miss my friends on the daily post. But I can't follow it very well. Monthly has my vote.

Well, off to the journals.
Marie
Old 03-26-2006, 09:48 PM   #68  

yes i miss the people on the daily thread too but we'll pick up others i'm sure. there are new members joining all the time

i will see if i can change the title of this one to finish 31 march!! much simpler for us all

rose oil smells exactly like roses. ooh yes i love lemon/orange blossums also philadelphus (sp) = mock orange blossom. i have some orange oil somewhere but couldn't find it yday

Last edited by sweet_pea; 03-27-2006 at 04:59 PM.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:13 PM   #69  

good morning
Beautiful day here and I'm feeling good for a change, love mornings like this! Didn't get much sleep, but so far things are going well other than having to drive my kids across the "lake" at the end of our driveway! I can't wait until they open up the culvert that runs across the road and hopefully the culvert under our driveway. Did get a walk in so maybe thats helped! The dog sure is out of shape

Thanks for the info Marie. My mom bought this elliptical machine, thankfully she didn't pay to much for it. I bought a used treadmill thats at her place. She wanted to try the treadmill as she found that the elliptical goes to fast for her. I know I can go 30 minutes on the treadmill no problem, but can't even go 5 on the elliptical, so I think I'll stick to walking! Oh and I find essential oils at my local health food store.

Hi sweet_pea, hope all is going well with you.

Well, I should get going and see what else I can get done today while its so nice. I feel silly sitting with my blue light on one side and sunshine hitting me on the other, but I don't dare stop either!

Take care all,
K
Old 03-27-2006, 05:24 PM   #70  

Keira glad you're feeling better!

I'm still feeling headachy and tired and fatigued. I guess it is a stress headache??? Had a bad evening. My puppy scratched my car big time and I am just so p'd off about it. Also my older dog is overweight and I have to diet her (again). it's an ongoing battle. The puppy has skin problems and we are waiting for results from the lab

Not sure what I will do today. Feeling lethargic

I'd have thought you'd be ok with sunshine and not need the blue light??? sounds interesting
Old 03-27-2006, 08:21 PM   #71  
Lifelong Journey Member

Oh no, I definitely need my light therapy. The beautiful sunshine doesn't do the good that the blue light therapy does. I have it on nearly every morning when I post here. I love the little blue light.

Kiera, I'm envious of your blue sky weather. We're in a gray funk since the 1st of March. I'm hoping it'll leave as March leaves. Why do they close the culverts?

I took my doggies for a walk around the block. The big block. The 3 mile big block. I'm beat and so are the doggies. No matter how much I do the WATP DVD, it's still not like walking up and down the mountain hills. That is plain exhausting.

SweetPea, I looked at your pictures and your doggies are beautiful. I don't know if I ever mentioned my 3rd doggie is a golden. She's getting on in age and has whitened a lot so she's not as golden, but she's a beauty none the less. I also thought of you on the long walk. I live in the desert. The BROWN desert. The green in your photos made me insanely jealous. But I do love it here most of the time.

TTYL.
Marie
Old 03-27-2006, 10:03 PM   #72  

i'm starting to get very ijnterested in your blue light. i thought sunshine was stronger than light boxes. the lux from sunshine is many many times greater

yes we have beautiful greenery here in NZ. i adore goldens!!! i used to have irish setters but switched to goldens and they are the bestest friends i have. most of those pix were from the farm that i had and i am hankering to move again

it's funny i find the WATP tapes much harder than walking around the streets but it is mainly flat here

i just want to sleep. frightful headache. actually i want to kill everyone and am mega stressed and depressed. looked up the antipsychotic i hve been prescribed and decided not to pick up the scrip. yuck yuck.

doc was suggesting a different AD but i forgot the name, auriol??? or something. have tgo research it. i may need something i'm not doing too good on my own

i couldn't live in the desert marie. by water or in the country but definitely not desert... or snow...
Old 03-28-2006, 11:39 AM   #73  
Lifelong Journey Member

Totally agree on the snow part. I moved form Minnesota (northern tip of the 48 states) to southern Oregon (5 miles above California) and thought that I'd be away from the snow. No, sir. It is wintery and yucky. When I did the move (in the summer) I didn't realize how much the elevation would play into it. So I moved south but moved up. Hence winter still visits. Lately (last two years) winter has dragged on for months longer than "normal". Very irritating. Thank God for the blue light. I'd be back on meds if i wasn't for the blue and exercise.

Today is day 2 of the spring break and DH went to work. He had yesterday off. DS and GF and DGS WERE supposed to go to the coast on Thursday but she said something to piss of DS so now they're not going. Boo-hoo! I was to have the house to myself for 2 whole days!!!!! I'm bummed. Maybe they'll change their minds. Kiss and make up. I can dream right????

Well, I'll chat with you later.
Marie
Old 03-28-2006, 12:52 PM   #74  

Good Morning!
Wow another beautiful day, I am so enjoying it. I hate the grey as well. Our driveway is still a lake so our van has become a "ferry" service, lol. Marie, the culverts are frozen solid so the water can't get through. Highways has to come and dig the water and ice out of the ditches and then they do whatever it is they do and make an opening through all the ice in the culverts so the water can start to go through. One year about three of us on the street got together and used a "tiger" (propane) torch to open up our culverts, my hubby lost his eyebrows as the flame came back and got him We haven't tried it since for some reason I ran into our neighbour and she said she has phoned so hopefully they make it out soon.
Got another nice walk in this morning and had a healthy brekkie so off to a good start.
Hope you feel better soon Sweet_pea. Headaches are so hard to deal with, take it easy.
Marie I hope you get some "alone" time, I sure miss it now that my oldest is home all day with me, I love her company, but.... She will be going back to school in Sept so I'll get some back then.
Well I'm going to go and "look" around some more and do some surfing before I have to figure out what we are doing today.
Take care all,
K
Old 03-28-2006, 11:40 PM   #75  

Hi all.....I haven't been here in a while....have had good days & some not so good.....I seem to want to eat food that is not so healthy....I think I feel a bit depressed at the beginning.....then really depressed after I eat.....for the rest of the day. I am on Celexa....I notice the longer I am on Celexa....the more I want to eat.
Tomorrow I am going to the doctor.....I want to change my med to Effexor XR....was on that in the past....when I was on that.....I didn't have much of an appetite.

DH is having surgery on Thursday......he will be in the hospital for 2 nights.

DH & I went out for dinner tonight with our neighbors....to a Greek restaurant....the food was really good.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote