Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 02-09-2006, 09:26 PM   #46  

hi Joanne, nice to meet you

I've had a wee nap but still feel pretty tired. not sure what i will do with myself now. like a few others i have sleep problems. i just don't seem to get a long spell of sleep in one go.it's always broken unless i take meds.

catch you all later
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 08:43 AM   #47  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning and TGIFFFFFFFFFFFFF !!!

How is everyone today? is the week going along as planned?

We are expecting alot of snow this weekend ick... hurry summer. I'm just glad its on the weekend and not during the week when I'm expected to risk my life to get to work in that stuff. So I'll most likely be hanging inside this weekend.

How about you? got any good plans?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 11:20 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang

i'm feeling really rough this morning. i was up most of the night with my ear and teeth and jaw and the whole left side of my face aching. i don't know if it's like a sinus infection or if it's something to do with the teeth i had fixed but that side of my face is just throbbing and i tried everything to ease it so that i could sleep.

it's cold and rainy and GRAY here today which does not help at all. man it's just one of those days where you want to crawl bacK into bed and stay there.

soooooooooo needless to say i did not get up and exercise this morning but i still got in 10 miles this week so i'm not giving myself a hard time about it

i'm gonna do my best to make it a good day - whether i feel rough or not
hope everybody has a blessed day!

hugs,
cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 02-10-2006 at 11:38 AM.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 12:09 PM   #49  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Morning everyone. IT'S FRIDAY!!! I just love this day of the week.

Cathy, don't worry about your walking. I got up early today and did it for you. Actually I thought of you while doing it and was also wondering why I was doing it in the morning. I'm not a first thing in the morning walker. So truly, I must have been doing it for you.

Unlike you all, it's sunny and beautiful out. Makes up for the crappy weather we've had since the beginning of November. I talked to the sun this morning on my drive in, telling it how glad I was to see it shine. I really missed it.

Cathy I hope you feel better soon. Go to the dr. if you don't feel better since tomorrow is weekend and getting medical care on the weekend is a pain in the butt.

TTYL.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 03:56 PM   #50  

Smile bipolar

i subscribe to a newsletter and there were some interesting titbits about supporting your bipolar partner that i thought some of you may find interesting...

Love, Roses & Real Support http://glclk.about.com/?zi=8/1piq
"I am currently dating someone who has bipolar disorder. He's been honest since the beginning about everything. Something, that to me, means a lot. I was just wondering, though, how do I show him I accept him and his disease, that I support him and care about him? Does anyone have any tips?"

Marriage & Manic Depression
When a married person is diagnosed with bipolar disorder (manic depression), it is really a diagnosis for the couple. Unfortunately, this disorder so often wreaks havoc in marriages. Reaching out for help with his struggling marriage, a newly diagnosed member asks, "How can I ask her to look up to me and take comfort in my confidence when all of this has been shattered?"

Helping Your Bipolar Loved One http://glclk.about.com/?zi=8/1pis
We received an email from someone who has two bipolar family members. The writer had noticed how often bipolar people on our forum stated that a loved one's behavior was not helpful or even created more problems. The reader asked, "What IS helpful behavior? What does 'be supportive' really mean?"
Old 02-10-2006, 04:00 PM   #51  

hi all
still pretty tired altho i did sleep better last night. off now to eat breakfast outside in the sun.\\am also working through a book called THE EQ EDGE on emotional intelligence. it's to help manage unhelpful, maladaptive or destructive emotions. has a bit of cognitive therapy in it so far but only part way through it!
Old 02-10-2006, 05:15 PM   #52  

Hi everyone

It's a beautiful, sunny day here....I was up twice in the night last night.....coughing & wheezing.....I went off the Celebrex for the arthritis in my hips....the doctor said it could make my asthma worse.....because I was awake in the night.....I had a hard time getting up this morning.....although I went to sleep okay last night.
.....but I am feeling good still....so that is good.

I went to the doctor with DH yesterday....he has to have surgery in about 4 weeks.
I met friends for coffee yesterday morning....we meet once a week....we have known each other 21 years.....when we met....we were going to aquafit classes.

Cathy.....hope you are feeling better soon.

Joanne....sleep problems are no fun.....sometimes I go to sleep right right away......but other nights I could be awake for 2 or 3 hours after I go to bed.

Sweet_pea....sometimes I take Gravol to help me go to sleep.....but not too often....maybe 3 to 5 times a month....my doctor gave me 7 sleeping pills in December....I cut 1 pill into 4....haved used 3 of the quarters.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 11:28 PM   #53  

sleep is a major challenge for me

i am going to try accupuncture again. i am not optimistic but a friend swears it helps her so will give it a go

still pretty tired but at least the dogs seem to be getting better

had lunch with friends. still very full lol and have had too much crap
Old 02-11-2006, 07:37 AM   #54  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning

Ahhhhhhh finally I got to read all the posts from the past few days. My boss is gone Wed, Thurs and Friday of this coming week so you know where I'll be yep right here lolol.

I woke up this morning to my DD asking me "mama, can I watch the power rangers show".... OY VEY LOLOL !!!

I did very good this week with eating !!! but exercise could have been better, I did 3 out of the 5 days I wanted. No excuse.... just no energy when I come home from work. But all in all for me, I did pretty good.

How did you all do for the week ? M-F ?

So whatcha all doing this weekend ? any good plans ? I'm just sitting here waiting for this 12" snow storm we're expecting tonight into tomorrow ick... but other than that, its cleaning, cooking and just relaxing in between.

Joanne its good to see you... how are you doing love ?

Time to make DD breakfast but I'll be back later today.

Hugs !!!
Old 02-11-2006, 09:44 AM   #55  

Leenie, how did it go eating 1200 calories a day? I thought that it was a bit sparse. Didn't LindaT used to say that it was the bare minimum a body could live on? I know that there is an equation using ones weight that tells how many calories one could eat a day and still lose weight. I've forgotten it though.

R has a cold, Ladies, so I'm ready to run away from home! Men are such miserable creatures when they're sick!

Goldie the doggie is hanging in there. We're watching him closely but will not have him X-rayed soon since it is so traumatic for him. He literaly have to be medicated.
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 09:59 AM   #56  
One day at a time..

S/C/G: 264/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone!

I didn't exercise as much as I wanted this week, mainly because I pulled my sciatic nerve on Wed. and could barely move I did walk 4.5 miles on Monday though and still managed a mile on Wednesday after the back incident, so not a total loss. But I just weighed myself this morning and I'm down another 4 lbs. this week!!!!!! I'm so excited!! My fiance had tears in his eyes, he was so happy for me. He's the best, he knows how much this means to me

My Pysch upped my Cymbalta on Thurs. to 60mg, without any real affects thankfully. I have been a lot more tired, that's about it. I'm going to see him on Wed. so we'll talk then. But I have to say that making the step to go to him was the best thing I've ever done.

I'm waiting on this supposed snow too, lol. We're supposed to get 10" and it's supposed to have started already, yet it's sunny right now I'll be kicking myself for saying that later most likely haha.

Tippy, I hope Goldie feels better. What type of dog is he?

MizCandula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 12:28 PM   #57  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hey Tippy, good to see you. I hung around 1200 calories... my old diet worn body seems to do better at weight loss when I am 1200 - 1400 calories, more than that things slow down dramatically. Sorry to hear bout "R"... fel better hon. I'm glad Goldie is hanging in there SMOOOCH !! how are you?

Miz sorry on the back but YAHOOO on the 4 lbs down, thats so cool !!!! congratulations

Well I've just leaned my kitchen and living room and laundry is going.. boring lolol.

Hugs...
Old 02-11-2006, 02:45 PM   #58  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone, glad to see the weight loss success for Miz. Four pounds is great.

I did great on the exercise this weeke even though I've got a cold. Walked everyday for 2 miles. I haven't yet today, but I will. The cold seems to be getting worse, so today I'm going to take a nap. I'm pretty sleepy.

Tippy, my thoughts are with you and Goldie. Hope R is feeling better too. We took my 3 doggies to the vet today fro their annual visit. My Goldilocks is showing her age. She has cataracts and some bloated something or other in her ear. To fix it requires surgery and we asked whether she was in pain and the dr. said no. So we're going to leave her alone. She's had a hard life (medically) and we're not going to add to it just because her ear is now deformed. Past that, she and the other dogs are doing good.

Well, off to naptime. Take care and I'll chat with you later.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 06:23 PM   #59  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hey Marie wow 2 miles each day WTG !!!! but my dear lady, why don't you get yourself to the doctor if your cold is getting worse...and be careful w/exercise if it is in deed getting worse, I had 2 doctors tell me that people should not exercise if they are sick so be careful. Feel better !!!!!!

Its snowing folks..... shooooooooot !
Old 02-11-2006, 09:23 PM   #60  

hey all
my diet has been pretty bad this week and not much exercise
i really miss being able to walk with the dogs. i'm just not motivated to go on my own. 5 more days before they are allowed out of quarantine here at the house. oh i am going crazy!!!

Today: (out of 10)
depression 7
anxiety 4
fatigue 6