Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-02-2017, 10:26 AM   #1  

Default Ups and Downs Thread Jan 2017

Welcome to the Ups and Downs thread of Jan 2017.

It's a great thread to vent and share your life comings and goings. We truly care about each other and only want the best for everyone.

Come join us and post. We'd be thrilled to have you.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 10:27 AM   #2  

I am slowly waking up this morning. My soc sec disability check is in my savings acct this morning. I'm going to head to my town and pull some money out. I can't leave until Jennifer wakes up this morning. Her car is blocking mine.

I have a nice long list of things I need this month. I doubt I'll be able to get it all today. It's a long *** list. lol I get my suppliments on Wed. I am excited to get started on those. It'll be nice to have a guide to follow.

I'm going to color my hair tonight and then get my hair trimmed tomorrow. My roots are come in gray. yuck

We've been having trouble with Felix, he's been a lot more aggressive lately, mostly with Ruby. He chased her last night and jumped on her back. She screamed bloody murder, it was awful. I'm going to have to continue to spray him with water, when he does that crap.

Where is everyone?

Have a great Monday.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 01-02-2017 at 10:28 AM.
Old 01-02-2017, 04:58 PM   #3  

Ya know, it's really great to not feel wanted. I gotta get our of here.
Old 01-03-2017, 08:18 AM   #4  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Lisa thank you for starting our New Year thread for our group! and thank you so much for your nice concern for me I haven't given therapy a good chance, I once met with someone, had to pay about $70 and did not like him at all Through our years here together you have told me things that HAVE helped me and I do try to remember those positive things . Thank you

I hope you were able to get the things on your long *** list I'm glad you get your supplements on Wed. and feel positive about following a guide. Yay you! Bad Felix for jumping on Ruby! Yes spray that bad kitty with water. Have you had your appt with the bank ? BEST wishes and much love to you Lisa.

Monica, so good to hear from you and that you got through the holiday season, with enough for a new computer!!

JesikaBeth, hello and best wishes to your mom, and to you and your family for dealing with her illness.

Hi Coop, Hi Kathleen!

I had to be at work on New Years Day at 6 a.m. and as always, this week is killer busy. Yesterday in the deli, myself, my young co-worker, and the Rat B*stard boss made over 320 sandwiches in about 4 hours it was crazy. The floor was littered with slips of paper, lettuce and bread crusts

I can laugh about it now but the same will happen today. and all week. It's tourists plus there are whole ski teams coming in. It's a small store and it's just overwhelming sometimes. But nothing hurt when I got home I wore my heavy Merrill boots and even though they are heavy, my feet and knees feel great afterwards.

I will *finally* get my "Christmas" bonus this week, he always waits until January to give it to us, I think he waits til he sees what we get him for a gift and if we are still alive after working so hard for him It should be the equivalent of a week's pay so its pretty generous I guess.

We are getting rain, freezing rain, freezing drizzle, whatever today, I hope it doesn't make the roads too bad, or our driveway. I still have 200 pounds of sand ready to spread if needed.

Our Harley Raffle is in 2 weeks, we raffle off a $12,000 Harley and it is a fun time ... for everyone else I find it stressful and am always relieved when the bike is awarded, release papers signed, I can have my first beer, and then we dance to a live band til midnight. And then I'm thankful it's over for another year

I haven't done a workout yet for this year but I am going to right now. I had good success that I joined the "Chicks up for a Challenge' section for a monthly Exercise Challenge. Just to make myself accountable. And in December accomplished my goal of working out for 600 minutes in a month, rather than the 5 times a week for 30 minutes.

enough about me, please check in!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 10:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Arrow

Hi Everyone

Thanks for the well wishes for my mom. She got d/c from the hospital on New Years Day. Still not doing great, but it is what it is... TBH my wife and I are thinking this was possibly our last Christmas with her

Doing ok otherwise, getting some answers health wise. I have an endoscopy on Friday and I was just diagnosed with PCOS as well. Trying to be proactive with all of this.

Thanks for starting off January's thread.

My wife and I started Weight Watchers yesterday. So far, so good

Have a great day everyone
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 01:38 PM   #6  

Quote:
Lisa thank you for starting our New Year thread for our group! and thank you so much for your nice concern for me I haven't given therapy a good chance, I once met with someone, had to pay about $70 and did not like him at all Through our years here together you have told me things that HAVE helped me and I do try to remember those positive things . Thank you

I hope you were able to get the things on your long *** list I'm glad you get your supplements on Wed. and feel positive about following a guide. Yay you! Bad Felix for jumping on Ruby! Yes spray that bad kitty with water. Have you had your appt with the bank ? BEST wishes and much love to you Lisa.
Holly, it's great to see you post. I miss you when you aren't here.

I did, for the most part, get all my shopping done. I hate going to wal-mart, I still need to go back. i need some caulifower, carrots, mozz chese and a few more things.

I know for sure, there are places out there you can go for therapy and pay on a sliding scale. If you are seriously thinking about trying therapy again, do an online search, call around. It would really help you come to terms with your body. I have been in therapy 22 years, I have to be because I take meds. Not only that, but it really helps me. It helped me a ton when my mom passed. I think I came to terms with it faster. I have my next appt on the 9th.

I cheated on my Food Journal. I missed about 3 days, so I just filled it up. i have no idea what I ate those days. I'll try to do better this upcoming week. I get my supplements today. When I start taking those, it'll be easier to fill out my journal.

JesikaBeth, good luck on Weight Watcher. You'll do great.

I went out to my car, last night, to get some groceries out. It was dark out and unknowingly tracked dog poop on Jennifer's carpet. I was pissed. I was shocked that she was NOT upset. It's like, "Who are you?" Man, she is ****ing moody. If it had been my carpet, I wouldn't have blamed anyone but still been upset. She was not in the least, upset.

I go for my weigh in this afternoon. I am nervous again. I don't feel like I've lost any.

That's about it for now. Much love to all.
Old 01-04-2017, 03:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/133/140

Height: 5'2"

Hello and Happy New Year! Here's hoping we all have a good, peaceful, healthy and happy one.
EasySpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 03:56 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 173/133/140

Height: 5'2"

I have been on a chocolate binge since Christmas - no damage on the scale yet, but I need to stop. I keep buying Hershey's at 75% off at CVS, convincing myself, every few days, that I am buying enough for a week or two - isn't that one definition of insanity??

Holly, as far as body image goes - sometimes I am shocked to see how big I look in photos or the mirror; other times I am shocked to see how small I look! We always take the dreaded group photos at several holiday gatherings, and when I get it, I check my face, neck, chin, boobs, etc. and, I must admit, compare them to those of my old friends..........how bad is that?

Your deli must have a great reputation - I cannot imagine making all those sandwiches. I enjoy your sense of humor - the old rat b*stard waiting to see what he gets before he gives had me LOL ! !

Lisa, if the insurance company and contractor are dealing with each other, you should not have to get the bank involved for your home repairs.

Jessika, good luck with Weight Watchers; it is a sensible, practical diet - I tried it twice, and while I did okay, I did not like the meetings. At one people brought little kids who screamed and disrupted, and the other time there was a woman in the group who had lost 50 pounds, was about a size two, and dominated every meeting I went to. I hope you have better luck than I did. There are some women at the Y that I go to who lost weight through WW years ago and have kept it off and sing WW's praises.

Kathleen, please let us know how everything is going for you - we know how anxious you are about your son going to school

Hello to everyone else.

Take care,

Monica
EasySpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 10:28 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 268.4/261.8/130

Height: 5'

Hi everyone, I am new to 3fatchicks. I am so glad there is a specific forum for depression and weight issues. I was diagnosed with major depressive disorder along with other mental illnesses at 18 years old. I am 25 now, and have made great strides but still struggle. I am 6 months postpartum from having my first child. They never officially diagnosed postpartum depression, but I went back on my antidepressant at about 1 month postpartum, it helped tremendously. Ever since winter started I've been down much more... I still wonder why I live up here in the U.P. of Michigan. The winters are brutal. I really don't want to face another winter up here, but we'll see what my fiancee thinks. I've just been extra down lately. TMI, but my period has been a bit wonky lately so I think that is a factor, and I am just stressed... and not too sure why. I really need to get my weight under control. I have an optimistic feeling this will be my year. It has been a slow start already. I've been exercising the past 3 days, now I just need to get my eating under control!
hiimawkward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 08:34 AM   #10  

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiimawkward View Post
Hi everyone, I am new to 3fatchicks. I am so glad there is a specific forum for depression and weight issues. I was diagnosed with major depressive disorder along with other mental illnesses at 18 years old. I am 25 now, and have made great strides but still struggle. I am 6 months postpartum from having my first child. They never officially diagnosed postpartum depression, but I went back on my antidepressant at about 1 month postpartum, it helped tremendously. Ever since winter started I've been down much more... I still wonder why I live up here in the U.P. of Michigan. The winters are brutal. I really don't want to face another winter up here, but we'll see what my fiancee thinks. I've just been extra down lately. TMI, but my period has been a bit wonky lately so I think that is a factor, and I am just stressed... and not too sure why. I really need to get my weight under control. I have an optimistic feeling this will be my year. It has been a slow start already. I've been exercising the past 3 days, now I just need to get my eating under control!
Hello and welcome

I love 3FC forum! Our little thread here is a nice refuge and of great support. Glad you are here, and congrats on the new baby! Happy New Year
Old 01-05-2017, 08:37 AM   #11  

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasySpirit View Post
Jessika, good luck with Weight Watchers; it is a sensible, practical diet - I tried it twice, and while I did okay, I did not like the meetings. At one people brought little kids who screamed and disrupted, and the other time there was a woman in the group who had lost 50 pounds, was about a size two, and dominated every meeting I went to. I hope you have better luck than I did. There are some women at the Y that I go to who lost weight through WW years ago and have kept it off and sing WW's praises.
Thanks

I've done it before and always had good success. My weight loss has been stalled for about 4 months now, so we decided to go ahead and start WW. My wife has a significant amount to lose, and WW has worked for her in the past as well. So we figured, New Year - why not! We are actually not going to meetings, we have all the stuff from the old PointsPlus program (they now do something called SmartPoints), so we are doing it on our own from home. Hoping for success, to end my weight loss stall, and to reach my UGW Thanks, again!
Old 01-05-2017, 08:38 AM   #12  

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasySpirit View Post
I have been on a chocolate binge since Christmas - no damage on the scale yet, but I need to stop. I keep buying Hershey's at 75% off at CVS, convincing myself, every few days, that I am buying enough for a week or two - isn't that one definition of insanity??
Chocolate is a weakness of mine

Hope you're able to pull yourself out of it with relative ease
Old 01-05-2017, 08:40 AM   #13  

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaloveshearts View Post
I go for my weigh in this afternoon. I am nervous again. I don't feel like I've lost any.
How did your weigh-in go hun?

Last edited by JesikaBeth; 01-05-2017 at 08:40 AM.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:43 AM   #14  

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaloveshearts View Post
I cheated on my Food Journal. I missed about 3 days, so I just filled it up. i have no idea what I ate those days. I'll try to do better this upcoming week. I get my supplements today. When I start taking those, it'll be easier to fill out my journal.
I was just about to ask you how the food journal was going

I'm on day #3 of tracking, and surprisingly it's going ok on my end. BUT... that's how it always happens. I do good for like a week or two, and then I fall off completely, get bored, or something... I'm hoping that doesn't happen this time.

Why do you think you missed those three days? Is it a pattern you get into as well?

Hugs!
Old 01-05-2017, 09:02 AM   #15  

Quote:
Lisa, if the insurance company and contractor are dealing with each other, you should not have to get the bank involved for your home repairs.
Monica,

The insurance company has already cut a check and the bank has it. I am meeting with the bank and GC this morning at 11 am. I just want to get this going.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 01-05-2017 at 09:02 AM.