Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 11-06-2016, 05:19 AM   #16  

Lisa, it's good that your fitness levels are improving - it's really difficult when you feel too unfit to exercise, I know the feeling! Someone once suggested Leslie Sansone's walking videos to me, they're on youtube if you want to try them. They look quite good for anyone starting out - it just starts with a 1 mile/15 min walk, but you walk on the spot. You can walk a bit slower, or stop a little early if you need to. I think she works up to 3 miles in other videos. I don't know if your knees will be ok for walking though, I hope so.

I also know a few people with arthritis who find swimming is really good - almost pain free. Maybe you could try out aqua aerobics?

A slipped knee cap sounds so painful! I really hope that stays away!

Last edited by Coop27; 11-06-2016 at 05:25 AM.
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 07:34 PM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop27 View Post
Lisa, it's good that your fitness levels are improving - it's really difficult when you feel too unfit to exercise, I know the feeling! Someone once suggested Leslie Sansone's walking videos to me, they're on youtube if you want to try them. They look quite good for anyone starting out - it just starts with a 1 mile/15 min walk, but you walk on the spot. You can walk a bit slower, or stop a little early if you need to. I think she works up to 3 miles in other videos. I don't know if your knees will be ok for walking though, I hope so.

I also know a few people with arthritis who find swimming is really good - almost pain free. Maybe you could try out aqua aerobics?

A slipped knee cap sounds so painful! I really hope that stays away!

Hey Coop,

Yeah, I am getting around better than a few weeks ago, I do have a bit of knee pain but I can walk, no limp now. Most of the arthritis is behind my knee cap, he said that would cause me trouble going up a staircase and getting up from a sitting position, which is true. I can't describe just how much pain I was in. Just so thankful I am better.

How is the running going?
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 07:48 PM   #18  

Hey ladies,

Jennifer and I have been talking about Thanksgiving. I was the one who broached the topic first. I told her I was going to make a Thanksgiving dinner, she said she would probably be here, which surprised me. I guess we will be making Thanksgiving dinner together. She reminded me that I made a Turkey last year, which I actually don't really remember. Jennifer will be making the mashed potatoes, she makes great potatoes. I will make a turkey and I'd like to make stuffing from scratch. I'd also like to have a cheese tray and veggie tray. I'm not sure what else we'll have, I only have a certain amount of money.

That's about it for now.

Much love to you all.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 11-07-2016 at 07:50 PM.
Old 11-08-2016, 07:24 AM   #19  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaloveshearts View Post
Hi Holly,

How are you feeling? I know you are going through a difficult time. Hang in there, look for something positive to look forward to or at least, try to. That helps me when I am down. Just know that we adore you oodles and oodles.

Much love to you, Holly.
I cried when I read this!! I don't have anyone to say these loving things to me..I mean I do have a loving husband but I think it's only girlfriends that say such sweet things ...thank you Lisa!!!

Oh a slipped knee cap sounds horrible to me too! but I'm glad the pain is at least under control for now. And your attitude is so good!! I try to be thankful for everything I have , i think of you often when you say you are blessed to have things and that is such a good attitude! and when you said for me to keep my chin up I did!!

I do remember when you spoke of the Thanksgiving dinner you had last year.

When my knees were really hurting me last year, I looked on youtube for "seated workouts" and I did those for a couple days.

Have to leave early for work so I can vote on the way.

Oh my goodness, listen to this..the R@t B@st@rd said he's giving me a $1/hour raise!! I didn't even ask for a raise!! what is going on..who are you and what did you do with my boss
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 08:27 AM   #20  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Arrow

Hello everyone, I'm back

I've missed you all. I unfortunately gained 10 pounds back in my absence, but I'm back on track as of yesterday, feeling motivated and determined

Glad to be back here at 3FC. I hope everyone is doing well!!!
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 12:25 PM   #21  
Biker Chick!

Hi JesikaBeth and glad you found us again You sound very determined and I know you will accomplish what you want

We had 2 days of sun which brightens everyone's spirits but we're back to the totally overcast plague that is northern New England this time of year. I have today and tomorrow off, and I spent all morning in bed just due to old bad habits. But I MADE myself get up and did a workout (Shelly Dose on youtube, she is SO smiley and motivating https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h2S4f2-nsw )

And I called the tech center and my motorcycle is finally ready I took it there October 18th! it didn't need a ton of work but the weather was not cooperating for me to pick it up. Thank goodness they don't care that it was there so long. Students work on it but a master mechanic oversees and the labor is incredibly affordable. So I will pick it up this afternoon or tomorrow. At least that will be one November ride!

I am trying to think of a hobby to keep me occupied. My previous hobby was "Outside" lawn, flowers, veggies, motorcycle. Just so hard to rip tht all away at once. I *might* think about making and selling my holiday meringue mushrooms, they are a nice specialty item and the town I work in is full of people who have more money than they know what to do with And it would be manageable for me not to eat them all, as opposed to cookies, because they don't appeal to me the same way cookies do. I make them for our FD Auxiliary's Christmas sale and they sell before anything else.

So finally feeling slightly victorious over the neighbor's construction. They decided to deal with their illegal infraction by raising the level of their whole property 4 1/2 feet. The town Zoning Admininstrator is going to be sure they follow through on all the details, especially that it won't negatively impact adjoining property's drainage. And landscaping, to hold erosion down, is mandatory We are going to buy a couple trees immediately, white pines, and put them in right away on our side. So there will still be this monstrosity that looks SO out of place next to us, but at least it will start to be screened from our view.

Hello Lisa, Coop, Kathleen, Monica, JesikaBeth What is going on with eeryone today?

Last edited by VermontMom; 11-09-2016 at 12:26 PM.
Old 11-09-2016, 03:12 PM   #22  

Eugh, my tablet is playing up, and I lost a post yesterday and again today!

Just a general hello all!

Lisa - glad you have such a lovely thanksgivimg meal to look forward to! Have you got any work organised for your house?

Jessica - good to see you back again! Good luck with your weight loss, and please send any spare motivation my way!

Holly, raising their land 4.5feet sounds like a right expensive nightmare! I just would never do such a thing. Mind you, we have some spare soil we could send their way - I'm doing a job at a waste treatment plant, but they don't need to know what's been in that soil congrats on the raise! Make sure the r@t has a medical soon though

I can't be bothered writing an update on me for a third time, but I'm well. We're off to Rome at the weekend , so I might not post again til next week.

Last edited by Coop27; 11-09-2016 at 03:37 PM.
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 08:46 PM   #23  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Arrow

Thank you for the welcome backs

Hope everyone had an alright day today!

Good night and see you in the morning

Last edited by JesikaBeth; 11-09-2016 at 08:46 PM.
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 09:45 AM   #24  
Biker Chick!

Hi friends

Coop, LOL, thank you for the offer of the fill from the sewage plant can I be nosy and ask what your position is at your job? I am always curious and interested in what others do for a living Sorry to hear your tablet is being wonky, it is always so frustrating to lose a good post here.

Hi JesikaBeth and I hope you had a good day

Hi Lisa and Kathleen and Monica, every day I think about you all here and hope you are doing well!!

I'm into a down mood again, it is SO hard for me to remember the glass is always half full. it is just seeming impossible for me to find a reason to exist when it's not green and alive outside.

I'm forcing myself to do a workout almost every day (skipped 3 days in a row last week though) because if I don't work out, it gives me another reason to be disappointed at myself. I'm recording the workouts over at the November Chicks up for a Challenge Exercise.

I did get my motorcycle back from the Tech Center yesterday, she had been there almost a month, not due to lots of work but because the weather was not cooperating. But the ride back home was great, I had lots of layers on so the 48 degree temperature was OK for a short time.

Last edited by VermontMom; 11-11-2016 at 09:45 AM.
Old 11-11-2016, 03:25 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesikaBeth View Post
Hello everyone, I'm back

I've missed you all. I unfortunately gained 10 pounds back in my absence, but I'm back on track as of yesterday, feeling motivated and determined

Glad to be back here at 3FC. I hope everyone is doing well!!!

JesikaBeth,

It is great to have you back with us again. I am so happy you are back on the wagon, so to speak. I am learning that a lot of losing weight is in your attitude and not to ever give up.
Old 11-11-2016, 03:35 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
Hi JesikaBeth and glad you found us again You sound very determined and I know you will accomplish what you want

We had 2 days of sun which brightens everyone's spirits but we're back to the totally overcast plague that is northern New England this time of year. I have today and tomorrow off, and I spent all morning in bed just due to old bad habits. But I MADE myself get up and did a workout (Shelly Dose on youtube, she is SO smiley and motivating

And I called the tech center and my motorcycle is finally ready I took it there October 18th! it didn't need a ton of work but the weather was not cooperating for me to pick it up. Thank goodness they don't care that it was there so long. Students work on it but a master mechanic oversees and the labor is incredibly affordable. So I will pick it up this afternoon or tomorrow. At least that will be one November ride!

I am trying to think of a hobby to keep me occupied. My previous hobby was "Outside" lawn, flowers, veggies, motorcycle. Just so hard to rip tht all away at once. I *might* think about making and selling my holiday meringue mushrooms, they are a nice specialty item and the town I work in is full of people who have more money than they know what to do with And it would be manageable for me not to eat them all, as opposed to cookies, because they don't appeal to me the same way cookies do. I make them for our FD Auxiliary's Christmas sale and they sell before anything else.

So finally feeling slightly victorious over the neighbor's construction. They decided to deal with their illegal infraction by raising the level of their whole property 4 1/2 feet. The town Zoning Admininstrator is going to be sure they follow through on all the details, especially that it won't negatively impact adjoining property's drainage. And landscaping, to hold erosion down, is mandatory We are going to buy a couple trees immediately, white pines, and put them in right away on our side. So there will still be this monstrosity that looks SO out of place next to us, but at least it will start to be screened from our view.

Hello Lisa, Coop, Kathleen, Monica, JesikaBeth What is going on with eeryone today?

Hi Holly,

You were talking about taking up a hobby. I would highly recommend crocheting or scrapbooking, I love both. Scrapbooking is a little expensive but I cut corners by making a lot of my pages all by hand, even my embellishments.

If you chose to learn how to crochet, it is not easy but once you get the hang of it, it's fun and you feel a sense of pride in what you make. I'm not very good but I love crocheting. Youtube has tons of crocheting videos or check into taking a class. One more thing, always use good quality yarn, cheap is awful.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 11-11-2016 at 03:35 PM.
Old 11-11-2016, 03:37 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop27 View Post
Eugh, my tablet is playing up, and I lost a post yesterday and again today!

Just a general hello all!

Lisa - glad you have such a lovely thanksgivimg meal to look forward to! Have you got any work organised for your house?

Jessica - good to see you back again! Good luck with your weight loss, and please send any spare motivation my way!

Holly, raising their land 4.5feet sounds like a right expensive nightmare! I just would never do such a thing. Mind you, we have some spare soil we could send their way - I'm doing a job at a waste treatment plant, but they don't need to know what's been in that soil congrats on the raise! Make sure the r@t has a medical soon though

I can't be bothered writing an update on me for a third time, but I'm well. We're off to Rome at the weekend , so I might not post again til next week.

Coop,

Have a wonderful vacation. We'll see you when you return. Take lots of pics.
Old 11-11-2016, 03:43 PM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
Hi friends

Coop, LOL, thank you for the offer of the fill from the sewage plant can I be nosy and ask what your position is at your job? I am always curious and interested in what others do for a living Sorry to hear your tablet is being wonky, it is always so frustrating to lose a good post here.

Hi JesikaBeth and I hope you had a good day

Hi Lisa and Kathleen and Monica, every day I think about you all here and hope you are doing well!!

I'm into a down mood again, it is SO hard for me to remember the glass is always half full. it is just seeming impossible for me to find a reason to exist when it's not green and alive outside.

I'm forcing myself to do a workout almost every day (skipped 3 days in a row last week though) because if I don't work out, it gives me another reason to be disappointed at myself. I'm recording the workouts over at the November Chicks up for a Challenge Exercise.

I did get my motorcycle back from the Tech Center yesterday, she had been there almost a month, not due to lots of work but because the weather was not cooperating. But the ride back home was great, I had lots of layers on so the 48 degree temperature was OK for a short time.
Holly,

I am so sorry you are down again. Srsly, check into starting a hobby. It really helps during the winter months.

It's great that you exercise like you do. I have not started yet, I want to lose some weight first so it's not so taxing. I do think my knees would be ok doing light exercise. I have kicked around doing exercise while sitting down. Did you recommend that to me? Someone did. I'm going to check Youtube and see what it has to offer.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 11-11-2016 at 03:44 PM.
Old 11-11-2016, 03:55 PM   #29  

Ladies,

I wanted to drop a quick post to let you know what is happening in my life.

My next step is to find a general contractor. My phone is on now so I can make calls to find someone. The last company that looked at my house to clean it, I really liked them. They said they could save my furniture, which thrills me to no end. I have not gotten the estimate back for gutting the kitchen yet, hopefully, it will come soon.

Jennifer and I got into another fight last night. I told her I'd rather live in my filthy house then to be talked to like she does, sometimes. I also told her I did not raise a *****. We kinda made up today, it is better. I just need to get out of here asap.

Jennifer's roommate is moving out. I'm glad.

Weight loss classes are going well. I am still drinking approx. 5 cups of water a day but I will be honest, I am still drinking a small amount of pop a day. When I try to go without it, after a couple of days, I get really down. You would still be really proud of me, how little I am drinking. I have decided to join the weight loss clinic which starts after the first of the year. I will tell you more in a later post.

Have a great Friday. Much love to you all.

Old 11-11-2016, 08:56 PM   #30  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaloveshearts View Post
Ladies,

I wanted to drop a quick post to let you know what is happening in my life.

My next step is to find a general contractor. My phone is on now so I can make calls to find someone. The last company that looked at my house to clean it, I really liked them. They said they could save my furniture, which thrills me to no end. I have not gotten the estimate back for gutting the kitchen yet, hopefully, it will come soon.

Jennifer and I got into another fight last night. I told her I'd rather live in my filthy house then to be talked to like she does, sometimes. I also told her I did not raise a *****. We kinda made up today, it is better. I just need to get out of here asap.

Jennifer's roommate is moving out. I'm glad.

Weight loss classes are going well. I am still drinking approx. 5 cups of water a day but I will be honest, I am still drinking a small amount of pop a day. When I try to go without it, after a couple of days, I get really down. You would still be really proud of me, how little I am drinking. I have decided to join the weight loss clinic which starts after the first of the year. I will tell you more in a later post.

Have a great Friday. Much love to you all.

Hi Lisa!! first, yay that you can use your phone to make the contacts needed for your house . That is very encouraging about your furniture possibly being salvageable! Boy, though, speaking of having to gut the kitchen, whew, that is major work. But I hope you can find a contractor who can do the job!

Yay for your drinking water!!! I find that hard to do except in the very warm summer months. So good for you! I know you have spoken of your love of pop ...it's a hard delicious habit to break! I know people say the less you have, the less you'll crave it, hopefully that time will come for you.

I'm so sad you and J. had another fight We KNOW you did not raise a *****! I hope she realizes when she is feeling sharp with words and can stop before regrettable words come out. It hurts us to know you are feeling hurt by that! How are your furry babies?

and oh yes, Coop is going to Rome, right? was that this weekend?