Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-18-2016, 07:52 PM   #31  
full of thanks

Hey everyone,

Happy Friday night! I hope you all are doing well.

I told you last night that Jennifer has stopped talking to me. I have decided to stop communicating with her. I know it's childish but I'm hurt and angry.

I've decided to rename lily. The longer I thought about it, the more I liked Irma. Should I spell it Irma or Erma? I'll think about it.

That's about it from here. Have a great night.

Lisaluvshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 10:39 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 173/133/140

Height: 5'2"

Hello!

Holly, I realized when I read a different post that I missed the description of your son's wedding, so I went back and found it. It sounds like it was a perfect one!

Lisa, I hope your little Irma is as fun as my aunt's cat Irma was. She was basically an indoor cat, but occasionally would dash outside. Then, when she was ready to come in, she would jump up and ring the doorbell! When you said Hello, Irma, she would Meeeoooooow to you! She really was fun. She would take shiny items and hide them in a recliner. My aunt had Irma for about 20 years, and everyone who knew Irma would say she was more human than cat.

Lisa, you might want to just keep doing what you always do with Jennifer - email or text or whatever and not mention her little snit - eventually she will respond. It might not be worth making a big deal out of, especially since you did nothing to warrant this treatment. She might be upset about something that you have no idea of, but is taking it out on you - isn't that what daughters do???

Kathleen, please drop a line when you can to let us know how you are doing.

Hello to everyone else.

Last edited by EasySpirit; 08-20-2016 at 10:40 AM.
EasySpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 06:31 PM   #33  
full of thanks

HI ladies,

Jennifer stopped by for 1/2 hour to see us. She is on her way to her 5 year class reunion. She said she'll come back soon and spend some time with us. Jennifer said her roommate might be moving out, it kinda sounded like she wouldn't be upset if she did. I told her it's nice to have a place to yourself.

She thought Lily was cute and yes, her name is staying Lily. Jennifer said she did not look like an Erma. Honestly, she didn't really look like an Erma. I tried it out for a few days. Her name will be Lily Erma.

I'm watching a movie right now. "The Chronicles Of Riddick"

Monica, it was nice to see you post today. Man, I miss everyone so much. Where is Holly?

Nascar is on tonight, I'm excited. It's a short track race, those are always exciting.

Have a great night.
Old 08-21-2016, 06:10 PM   #34  

Glad jennifer got in touch, and that she was able to help pick Lily's name!

Hope everyone is ok here. We're missing a few at the mo!

We held a memorial for the OH's dad on Friday, that has drawn a line under the service, so I hope we can start to get things in order again. OH and I ended up having a bit of an argument after though... I have a chronic pain condition, and my OH was a bit insensitive about it, pointing out things like how I can't have kids etc. I felt bad for arguing with him under the circumstances, but it was a horrible thing to bring up in public.

Now this is all out the way, I'm looking forward to cooking some healthier meals again, and hopefully losing a few lbs.
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 05:47 AM   #35  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Arrow I'm Back :)

Hello everyone

So, I had posted and update in another thread I am in, but I thought I'd come here as it's more appropriate to post here.

1 month ago my mom had a heart attack and was put in ICU. Over the course of a month she has coded 4 times, been on a vent on two separate occasions for 4 days each, had heart surgery, another heart surgery to place a defibrillator and pacemaker, had a stroke, and a few other things that are a bit less severe. Yesterday makes 1 month in the hospital, and today she'll be transferred to inpatient rehabilitation. My mom is OK, she is alive which nobody expected, and for the most part has all of her cognition to her.

The last month, though, I've completely been stressed, overwhelmed, depressed, tired, anxious (very, very anxious) and completely out of sorts. I am the only child, my parents have been divorced for years, and the majority of this has rested on me. My routine, and life, had gone in complete upheaval. The hospital is over an hour away from my house, so it was a lot of driving as well. It appears as things will be (hopefully) getting back to some normalcy (of course, not only for me but for her too) and the rehabilitation center is right around the corner from our house. TBH, I'm struggling. I haven't lost (or gained) any weight in about 2 months. I'm having a re-acclimate to everything again (work schedule, self care, diet/exercise, etc.)

So here I am. Back after a month hiatus. I've missed 3FC and hoping to settle back into my life

JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 05:52 PM   #36  

Jessica: so sorry to hear about your mom and your last month! How stressful that must have been for you. I hope your mom does well in her new rehabilitation centre. Unfortunately these are times where diet understandably takes a back seat, I know you've not lost anything, but I'm pleased you didn't gain either - I certainly would have in your shoes! Hope all goes well getting back into your routine.
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 09:57 AM   #37  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop27 View Post
Jessica: so sorry to hear about your mom and your last month! How stressful that must have been for you. I hope your mom does well in her new rehabilitation centre. Unfortunately these are times where diet understandably takes a back seat, I know you've not lost anything, but I'm pleased you didn't gain either - I certainly would have in your shoes! Hope all goes well getting back into your routine.
Thanks so much for your support. Yes, and quite true, diet has taken a back seat. It's frustrating because I've come so far, but have so far to go
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 10:13 PM   #38  
full of thanks

Jesikabeth, so very sorry about your mother being so sick. It's hard to have a life when things like that happen. I know firsthand, my mother got sick in March and passed away 9 days later. My whole life stopped when she was in Columbus, in ICU. I was driving an hour and a half everyday, while she was in Columbus. I was exhausted, mentally but I felt I needed to be there. The ladies here knew all about it, I posted here a lot about the whole thing. Again, I am so glad your mom is doing better.

Coop, I am sorry your OH was mean to you about your pain. Men can be pains, glad I don't have one and I am serious about that. Just make sure you take care of yourself, that is what is most important.

Where is everyone else?????

I've been pretty lazy lately, I'm just not happy.

It looks like I won't be able to move until next spring. My mother's estate is not moving along. Truthfully, I am just pissed. The downstairs laundry room needs work on it, don't ask me why it's not being done. My sister would say money. If money is the problem, let's do something about it. Instead, we are just sitting here doing absolutely nothing. I am beyond angry but I don't want to cause trouble. My sister is a *****, pardon my language and if I ask too many questions, she'll get mad. I am angry at her for getting rid of Jennifer's baby blankets, without even asking me if I wanted them.

I really want to do some scrapbooking but I do not have a table to work on. It went back to my mothers house. It was hers. I may get the entire living room cleaned up and bring my scrapping stuff downstairs. I am dying to put some pages together. I can sit on the floor and go to town.

Lily is doing better. He pink eye seems to be improving. The pink is almost gone but she still has eye gunk. I'm going to continue to give the antibiotic to her until it's gone. I don't want the pink eye to come back. The medicine was Felix's when he lived here. I did a search online to see if this particular medicine would help pink eye, and it did. As I said, she looks better.

Jennifer got a new car. It is gorgeous, red as can be. She even has bluetooth in it and she can make phone calls in it too. Looks like I won't be giving her my car after all. I can't blame her for not waiting. The car she traded in wasn't safe. If things work out and I actually get some money from mom's estate, I'll still give her a nice amount to help her. You know, actually right now, I'm having doubts that i will even get anything.

Have a nice evening.

Old 08-25-2016, 10:28 PM   #39  

Default New here

Hey my name is Daniella. I weigh 180 pounds and I'm 5'7. I really like to weigh at 140 but not having much success.... I'm emotional eater...I eat when I get bored, happy, sad, ....watching TV. I eat mostly fried foods and carbs. I have just incorporated fruits and veggies buy juicing. Only way I eat it which by drinking it. I'm joining to stay moviated ....I got a gym membership to lose weight, but no one to go with me so I have no one to keep me accountable. Anyhoo, I'm going tonight, just cuz I don't feel as depressed. Probably just going to jog for an hour. Wish me luck ohh and I'm 32 years young.

Last edited by Sparkly77; 08-25-2016 at 10:31 PM.
Sparkly77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 11:09 PM   #40  
full of thanks

Hello ladies,

Welcome to the thread, sparkly. We are glad to have you posting with us.

Jennifer came to visit us today, she stayed a couple of hours and then had to leave. We had a nice visit. Lily got in Jennifer's lap. I think they are going to be the best of friends.

I have to go to mom's house in the morning. I dread it, my sister will be there. I just try to stay away from her, usually. but she's bugging me to come. I hope to do what I need to do and get away as soon as I can.

When I get home, I'd like to go upstair and pack up my scrapbooking supplies and bring them downstairs so that I can make some pages.

Nascar is on tomorrow too. It's supposed to rain though so we'll see if they even race.

Have a great night.
Old 08-29-2016, 07:50 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 173/133/140

Height: 5'2"

Hello everyone,

I put on a pair of shorts this morning and was surprised at how snug they felt - I am exercising daily, but I think ice cream and too many cookouts and a few clambakes have gotten the best of me. I have Red Sox tickets on Wednesday, so plan to start calorie counting along with the exercise on Thursday. I don't want depression to set in- I will get into the eat, get depressed over weight, eat to soothe myself, get depressed......this is stopping NOW (or I should say on Thursday! but, I will be careful the next couple of days)

Lisa, have you seen your mother's will? Is your sister in charge? Is there an attorney? Are there other siblings? Were there other names on the deed or do you have to go through probate court? If there is no will, everything will be divided equally among offspring; if any of your siblings are deceased and have children, that person's rightful share will be divided among his/her children. You can probably sell the house "as is" without fixing the laundry room - less money for the sale, but no money upfront. These are certainly not things you need to share with us, but they are questions you should know the answers to.

Kathleen, I think about you and pray for you and your family. I hope things are okay.

Holly, is your summer job finished?

Hello to everyone else.

Last edited by EasySpirit; 08-29-2016 at 07:51 AM.
EasySpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 06:31 PM   #42  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile I am still here!

Hello Everyone!

to the group Sparkly77 and Welcome back JesikaBeth!

Wow, JesikaBeth, you have sure had a very trying month away from us. But you survived to tell your story! I am so happy to hear that your mother survived as well and will be going to a rehabilitation facility. That is definite progress after all she has been through! I agree that, although you didn't lose any weight during the past month, it is awesome that you didn't gain any weight either, especially under the very stressful circumstances. Good for you for staying so very strong during such a difficult time.

Holly: It sounds like your son's wedding was just beautiful! I really enjoyed your description of the evening. I, too, am wondering when your wonderful summer job ends and you have to go back to the rat b@st@rd full time again. I sure hope you have had lots of opportunities to get out on your motorcycle and also to get out in your yard to work. I know that both things make you happy! Hope all is well with you!

Lisa: It sure sounds like you have your hands full with both your sister and your mom's estate! I hope you will be able to sort things out as amicably and as quickly as possible. I think you are wise to focus on enjoying the time you have left in Ohio in the meantime... especially your time with Jennifer. Lily Erma sounds like she is a bundle of joy! I hope you are enjoying every minute of love she provides for you!

Monica: Thank you for your prayers and concern for me and my family. I really appreciate it. My son continues to struggle quite a bit. His moods are all over the place. He gets very combative and angry so easily that, even though I want to be around him and help him, it can be very difficult and stressful to do so. He also still goes back and forth on being compliant with taking his meds... which, of course, isn't helping the situation. We have an appointment with his psychiatrist this Thursday and we are looking into DBT therapy for him, so I am hopeful that both will be helpful in his search for better mental and emotional health. I am working hard at taking care of myself and also taking ONE day at a time. Some days, it is one moment at a time!

Coop: You have also had a rough go of it lately. I am sorry to hear that you have gained back some of the weight you had lost, but it sounds like you have a plan in place for a restart. That is important and will help you get back on track to better health. We just came back from my daughter's development camp/tryouts for the USA Womens' sled hockey team in Buffalo, NY last night (Sunday). She put forth a great effort there. I am so very proud of her! We should find out results in the next week or so. She is sore and tired, but is still working very hard to get caught up with her school work, as she had to miss her second and third days of school last week for the camp. She is a junior in high school this year. Also, thank you for asking about my niece (after her terrible car accident recently). She has had almost a complete recovery already! She was so very lucky... and blessed, I say! It sure helps that she is a very healthy and YOUNG lady (in her lower 20s).
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 02:34 AM   #43  

Hello, everyone! My name is Hannah. I am new to 3FC and this is actually my first to ever join a forum. I just turned 27 two days ago and I still can't achieve my weight loss goal. I am struggling to get motivated to exercise. I get stress right away when I think about exercising. I know exercise shouldn't be something like a chore but it's so hard to be consistent. I'm so good at giving myself a reason not to exercise. I just feel so lazy and I hate it!
HannahM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 06:46 PM   #44  
I can do it!!!

Smile Welcome!

HannahM: to the group! So happy you posted. It sure sounds like you are putting a lot of pressure on yourself about exercise. Maybe you are overthinking it and need to adopt the old Nike line and "just do it!" The reason I am saying this is that I tend to do the very same thing with exercise. Remember that it doesn't have to be all or nothing! Just do something!!! Start small and work your way up to a longer workout. And some days maybe you will just get in a short workout and that's okay. You do NOT have to do this perfectly! Do you know what I mean? Now, if I could only practice what I preach! I, too, am a work-in-progress. Anyway, I'm glad you posted. You can do this!!! You have a support group now to cheer you on!
Old 08-31-2016, 06:51 PM   #45  
I can do it!!!

Exclamation Watch for the new September 2016 Ups & Downs thread!

Just a reminder that tomorrow begins a new month, so we will be starting a brand new Ups & Downs Support Group thread for September 2016. I will try to remember to start it, but if for some reason you don't see a September thread tomorrow, feel free to begin one! See ya there!