Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 10-06-2014, 10:21 PM   #16  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Talking Welcome!!!

AmyLynne: to the group! I am so happy that you decided to post!!! CONGRATS on your college graduation and GOOD LUCK with grad school! I hope you will continue to post and receive support from this wonderful group of women. It really is a supportive group, but it has unfortunately been quiet lately. That's okay, though, because I will be here to support you in your weight loss journey. I, too, battle cravings and obsessive thoughts about food. I have reigned in my eating much of the time, but then I blow it and fall off the wagon. I think some of it is self-sabotage, which doesn't make sense to me, but I know that it is happening. I tend to overthink things, but if I don't, my eating gets out of control. We can work on this together! WE CAN DO IT!!! We deserve to be healthy and happy!!! Best of luck to you!
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 10:29 PM   #17  
I can do it!!!

Smile Lisa

Lisa (ohiofreespirit): It is so good to hear from you! Hope you found some clean clothes for work tomorrow! Yes, fall has definitely arrived here in Ohio. I miss summer already!!! I think I have a bit of SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) this year, but I am doing my best to battle it and find things to look forward to. That is so great that you are happy with the person you are NOW. I think that is so necessary to arrive to that place BEFORE we can lose the weight. I am just about there, but need to also ACCEPT myself (big ol' body and all) where I am now before I can get this done. THAT is a huge challenge for me! But I am UP for that challenge!!! I can do it! WE can do it! Take good care and keep checkin' in!
Old 10-07-2014, 07:10 AM   #18  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hi AmyLynne and !! I hope you find this place as friendly as I have.

HI Kathleen, Fi, and Lisa and all others.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 09:32 AM   #19  
postscriptlove

S/C/G: 176 pounds

Height: 5.2

Hello everyone, Im new and when I saw this forum and when I started reading it, I immediately felt at home.

I have suffered from depression since the age of 8, I am now 47. The issue of an eating disorder has alway been apart of my life, eating and not eating, in the past 15 years it has bee eating way too much. Eating comforts me, but the effects of weight gain discomforts me.

My weight has been as high as 225, 198 is where I balance but since March and living in Paris for 4 moths I have gotten my weight down to 176. I weigh in Thursday with my nutritionist and will let you know if I have gained or lost.

So, I will share this with you. Some mornings I awake feeling very sad for myself, feeling ugly, uncomfortable in my skin and guilty my fiancé has to put up with my depression and eating issues. I fight the feeling of depression daily, in addition to an anxiety disorder as well. Im always worried about nothing, and alway panicked about nothing. Does that make sense? Depression runs in my family sometimes I wonder if it is a bad habit passed down from from generation to another or if we inherit a bad gene.

I hope as time goes by I get to know each and every one of you.

Thank you Kathleen for this thread. My day is looking brighter after spilling this all out.
postscriptlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:18 PM   #20  
I can do it!!!

Smile Welcome!!!

postscriptlove: to the group! Thank you for having the courage to share about yourself and your struggles. I can very much relate to all you said, except NOT eating has NEVER been a problem for me. Depression runs in my family, too. Also, I have fairly recently realized that I tend to always be "on guard" and worried about something. Most of the time, it is not necessary and worrying won't help the situation anyway. I am working hard to RELAX and STAY CALM ~ even in the midst of busyness and stress ~ and go with the flow and let go of unnecessary anxiety. I am on an anti-anxiety med, Buspar, daily and an anti-depressant, Effexor XR, too. Currently weaning OFF of a mood stabilizer, thank God! (I am on a few other meds, too, for other conditions.) I have battled weight problems for much of my adult life, ever since my childbearing years, which was an extremely stressful time for me. Recently, I reached my all-time high of 222. YIKES!!! I am currently hovering around 220. CONGRATS on getting your weight down to 176!!! That is no small feat! You are definitely on your way and headed in the right direction! Best of luck to you in your weight loss journey! Again, thanks for posting!
Old 10-07-2014, 12:20 PM   #21  
I can do it!!!

Hi Holly!!! Thanks for checking in!
Old 10-07-2014, 06:22 PM   #22  
on a journey

Hi, Kathleen. I am pretty comfortable in my own skin. I am so grateful for my body and my health. Perhaps if I did lose weight, I would make other realizations that perhaps I didn't like my body as much as I though, I really don't know? It isn't perfect, I know that and that is ok. I am still sexy.

Welcome postscript love. *waves*

Welcome AmyLynne. *waves*

Hello to all out wonderful ladies. *waves*

I am so sleepy right now but it's too late to take a nap so I will just stay up until it is time for bed.

Much love to all.
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 05:36 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 230/212/130

Height: 5'7"

Always nervous to tread on new territory, but here goes. I'm trying to lose weight for the first time. I struggle with numerous mental health issues including depression. Just went through a bit of a rough patch but things are going ok right now. Hopefully I can be of some encouragement to some here.

-Kay
LadyKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 07:05 PM   #24  
on a journey

Hello LadyKay and Welcome to the thread. It's great to have you here. I'm sure you'll be a great addition to the thread.

Where is everyone?

I had a last minute job interview today. I will find out in a week or so if I got the job or not.

I will check back in soon.

Have a great night everyone.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:09 PM   #25  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

I apologize for not participating much of late, especially with regard to personals, but my life has been pretty hectic. The kittens still have the upper respiratory infection (congested & sneezy) they had when we first got them. But there's hope: it looks like (crossing fingers & toes) their bug is sensitive to the antibiotic we've got them on now.

Meanwhile, I've been suffering pain and impaired function in both knees as a result of the deep squats I was doing for one of my Qigong exercises. I'm doing a modified version of it now that's no longer damaging my knees, but some rehab with leg exercises and gentle walking excursions is in order.

Bob and I plan to leave on Monday to go enjoy the fall colors at his mom's (our) farm in Pennsylvania, so I'll be off the Net from roughly the 13th 'til the 26th. Lots to do to get ready!

But I'm having a long run of 0/0/0 days (no depression, no mania), so I'm a happy camper.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 10:20 PM   #26  
I can do it!!!

Smile Welcome LadyKay!!!

LadyKay: to the group!!! I am so happy that you posted. Glad to hear that, despite your rough patch, things are okay now. We will do our best to encourage you on your weight loss journey!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Old 10-08-2014, 10:21 PM   #27  
I can do it!!!

Smile Lisa

Lisa: Hoping and praying that you get the job you interviewed for!!! Keep us posted!
Old 10-08-2014, 10:23 PM   #28  
I can do it!!!

Smile Fi

Fi: I know you have your hands full with your adorable kittens. Sorry they are still sick. Hope they get better soon! SO incredibly happy to hear about your string of 0/0/0 days!!!
Old 10-09-2014, 11:59 AM   #29  
on a journey

I haven't been keeping up on personals either, like I should.

I might also be getting my old job back as a Home Health Aide. My lady is getting out of the rest home and moving back to her home, so I will be taking care of her a couple days a week.

Fi, so sorry about your kittens being so sick.

Kathleen, you are the backbone of this thread.

Much love to all.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:42 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 470/ticker/175

Height: 5'10"

I am having knee replacement surgery tomorrow. This past week has been a nightmare. I have been on vicodin which has kept me in a mixed episode all week. Also my mom talked my brother out of letting me go to his house after surgery so now I may go to a rehab, a skilled nursing facility, or even straight home where I have no one to help me. I won't know until I am close to being discharged. My mom is just dropping me off at the hospital tomorrow. She is not staying, so no one will be there when I get out of surgery. I am an emotional wreck. I really hope this is worth it.
lilturtle is offline   Reply With Quote