Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 12:56 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 232/tick/150

Height: 5'8"

Morning chickas -
Shins still suck, but that is life. I've been busting butt on the elliptical since I can't run. I've been taking vitabin B every morning and I've seen a significant improvement in my moods. Almost eerie.

Hope - Hope the hubby is doing well.

Mom - *Breath* It's just laundry You'd have a heart attack in my apt if messy laundry stresses you out! Speaking of, I really do need to fix mine!

Pure - Sorry you're stressed, but glad you're back in school.

All -
Old 09-28-2009, 07:10 PM   #77  

Default Hello everyone

I'm Claudia and I'm back to the Forum after a long break.

I've had major depressive disorder for years, but for the past 3 months it has been getting out of control. Since I am an ER RN, I was able to ask for help before things got totally out of hand.

I reached out to my work and psychiatrist and am on my second week of an adult partial program to deal with my illness. We are manipulating my medications, and I am getting intense group and individual therapy.

The issue with that is that since I am finally addressing years of suppressed emotions, my eating is getting a little out of hand.

I am vegetarian and have very healthy eating habits, but when anxious, or trying to hide, I OVER eat. So today, after having some intense therapy, I came home and ate a LOT of healthy food.

Now I am stuffed, and feeling lousy. BUT, I am happy and proud of myself for having come here and faced it all rather than beating myself up and talking negatively to myself. I guess I am becoming kinder and more accepting of not being perfect...

Thanks for listening.

Peace,

Claudia
Old 09-28-2009, 10:50 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

Its not sooo much that it stresses me out cause it usually doesnt until I cant find stuff then it really bugs me because with the 4 younger kids and my dh always needing stuff i cant stand digging thru baskets of clothes to find stuff...it was that I worked my BUTT off friday to get the laundry caught up. I left with a load drying, one washing, and one left to do...instead of my dh folding the last two as they came out he just stacked them on a basket in a big heap then washed a few blankets...it just sucked because I had it caught up and he left it "pile" up on me...lol... but I have come to the point that laundry is laundry and there is ALWAYS going to be dirty laundry no matter how much I do laundry. So...yeah!!

was a pretty good day not very much stress...so hey I am doing good!!
Old 09-29-2009, 09:20 AM   #79  

leenie and cathy where are you! I posted a while back....have to start coming regular....started counting points last week, taking the stairs at work and pushing the fluides...lost 7 lbs so far!
How the heck is everyone here?
Liz
Old 09-29-2009, 11:11 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 232/tick/150

Height: 5'8"

SOS DD.

Hello to Claudia!

Mom - Yes. I've had to come to that realization myself. I let laundry pile up for like ... two weeks. (Yeah, I'm bad) - then I do it ALL in one weekend. Once I'm done, if my husband wants to shower I almost cry because I know that means his clothes now go into the "dirty clothes" and the evil cycle starts again!

Liz - Awesome on the 7lbs!

Everyone else
Have a fantastic day!
Old 09-29-2009, 04:52 PM   #81  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

to Everyone,

Claudia

Liz... I'm here, just very busy these days with work. Actually insane is more like it. I'm so happy your here. 7 LBS woweeeeeeeeeeee girl, thats fantastic, how are you doing it?

Gotta run... time to pick up my DD

Toodles
Old 09-29-2009, 08:31 PM   #82  

now that it is getting gloomy out I am looking into a gym...not just to work out but to get me out of the house as well as the kids. They have a thing mon thru fri 9-12 for kids instead of normal child care and teach them to stretch and stuff!!
Old 09-29-2009, 10:33 PM   #83  
Onederland - Gotcha

S/C/G: 252/180/178

Height: 5'9"

I had a rough weekend. Almost no sleep and had to force myself to eat. I was too wired for getting serious about exercising. I feel much better as of today and I have a call into my pdoc to see her for a med adjustment.

I am off tomorrow and I have my granddaughter right now so that always makes my day! I am still on plan and I need to get motivated to exercise more this week.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:09 AM   #84  

Weather is messing with me i have been sneezing and runny nose with sore throat all day...blahhh...having some rough times!
Closed Thread