Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-21-2008, 11:03 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Weekly Chat - July 21st - 27th

Good Morning

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Boy is it every hot outside...but really thats not a complaint. I'd rather it be hot then cold, snowy or rainy

Keep cool everyone and have a fantastic week.

Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:53 AM   #2  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

HI everyone! Happy Monday!

Remember how last week I said I was going to restart my running? Well... I did it today. Better late than never I guess. With this heat its really hard to figure out a good time to run - I either have to run first thing in the am, or after 9:00 at night. So I went with am this am. No idea how far I went, but I outran my dog - she is at home plastered on the tile right now

Had a super busy weekend - more painting, caulking, and light construction Golly I wish I could get done with all these projects!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:01 PM   #3  
Get through today

Hey Everyone,

I'm new here, added my profile yesterday night and last week's post, so I thought I'd add a post here too. Starting therapy (hopefully) soon and just looking for support from people who are there or have been there.

I hope everyone's week is starting out great! Mine has because I have the day off and I've already gotten my workout in and it's not even 11am. Now to find a therapist...

Keep cool!

B.
BellaHTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:09 PM   #4  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Bella!

Just wanted to say a quick hi and . I am in therapy - started about 3 months or so ago, and it has really helped me. I hope you find a fabulous therapist!
Amarie2pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

I think whenever I get to the week before TOM comes I always forget my pills because it seems like that is always when it happens!! I am completely depressed, annoyed, aggitated...whatever words you want to use. I missed like pills sat and i am thinking it is affecting me because i am all over the board. I went upstairs to change earlier and saw my book and was like i will just lay here and read a book for a little bit. I probably was there a half hour maybe less maybe more..but i came down and dh jumped all over me and was like where were you...thinking he was kidding i just turned around and smiled...but hes like we were downstairs blah blah blah i just went to the boys room and started cleaning as i cried.... like i have NO time to just sit and read..hes like yeah you do at night...Like a half hour outa the day would be nice...to block everything out..it has just been bickering back and forth over STUPID things...So I cleaned the boys room and cleaned our room. I got all the boxes of clothes packed up and all the box stuff up in our room put away got all the laundry downstairs sorted and boxed up. Like maybe you understand but i would rather go work just so i can have time out..I know work would throw a lot into my schedule but I am TIRED of being locked up in the house and only out to grocery shop...which is WORK...or church which is work being youth pastors...EWWWW i have that trapped feeling. Please dont get me wrong I am happy that I can stay home and raise my children but it sucks being trapped in and so much expected of me. Honestly when I was workin I didnt feel this bad because then he seen it as 50/50 because i was working to and just automatically didn stuff...AHHHHHHHHH ok i am gonna go before i start crying again....I am in such a FOUL MOOD!!! then i have my moms foster girl so i cant even enjoy going out to do one of my mystery shops by myself cause i have to take her with me!
momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:40 PM   #6  
Get through today

Amarie2pt0 -- Thank you!

momof4under5 -- I know I'm new, but *hug*. I think it is very important to have "me" time, on your own terms. Even if it's locking yourself in the bathroom to collect your thoughts. Ok, other than that I'm not sure what to say so... *'nuther hug*
Old 07-21-2008, 01:46 PM   #7  

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Bella! Look forward to getting to know you. This is a great little corner with lots of support.

momof4 staying home is wonderful, but a job with coffee breaks sometimes sounds great as well! (I hide in the bathroom and do crossword puzzles) I hope your day gets better and your hubby stops and thinks and brings you a cup of tea tonight.

amarie I got tired seeing your list! Want to come to my house and carry on? I have caulking in the bathroom I'm still waiting for hubby to get to! Not to mention the clover in the front yard still needs mowing. At least the bumble bees should be happy! And congrats on running! Poor pooch tho!! I know our pup is so out of shape that when we go for a walk I'm sure he is almost tripping over his tongue when we get back!

Didn't do to much this weekend. Cleaned fish tanks and clipped the dog and gave him a good tubby. The scale said I was up five pounds this am. I'm hoping its water weight as I had salty meats yesterday and the for supper the night before. I'm getting my water in today and maybe get some lemon water in and hope things go back down for tomorrow. Got hubby to pick up a big bag of premade salad so I have no excuse for not choosing that for my lunch.

Well I better get back to those dishes and the washer should start beeping at me soon!

Take care all and have a great day!
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:27 PM   #8  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Welcome Bella, and hello all!

My temp job is mind-numbingly dull. In fact, it's SO dull I swear I have lost a few IQ points today. Seriously, a monkey would do this job just fine. No, I am NOT kidding. Ah well - I need the money!

Nothing else of news - talk soon -
Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:23 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 217/217/195

Height: 5'7"

Hi there,

I wanted to pop in and say hello -- I'm new to the site also. I'm recovering from a recent relapse, and a weekly chitchat might be just what I need. I made a big leap forward today and cleaned my desk -- I've been wanting to do it for so long, but it seemed like too big a task, KWIM? The way I just described it doesn't look seem like any big deal, but it was a huge accomplishment for me. Any step forward I'll take!

Look forward to chatting!

Marianne
Fiestyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:11 PM   #10  

yeah a bathroom break would be wonderful...but it usually is mom where are you...mom MOM where are you...Mom can we get this...can we go outside...they are doing this...blah blah blah...dont matter if dh is home or not its still me they run to
Old 07-21-2008, 09:29 PM   #11  
Get through today

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4under5 View Post
yeah a bathroom break would be wonderful...but it usually is mom where are you...mom MOM where are you...Mom can we get this...can we go outside...they are doing this...blah blah blah...dont matter if dh is home or not its still me they run to
My boss has the same issue, she has 3 kids who only know the word "mom". She once jumped behind a couch when they were looking for her because once they see her, they zero in (they eventually went back to dad). She mostly takes the only time for herself after the kids have gone to bed, and lives off a few hours of sleep a night. I wouldn't recommend this...

Would headphones and music work while hiding in the bathroom? Or preplanned "mom alone time"? I don't have kids, but my cat definitely doesn't listen when I say I need alone time, so...
Old 07-22-2008, 12:57 AM   #12  

yeah I can threaten them about mom time but they only remember about as many years old they are thats how many minutes they remember 5yr old=5 minutes..LOL....no j/k but with so many someone is fighting someone wants something...USUALLY its papa (they call there father that) is being mean. Papa wont let me do this..HAHA...they are used to our schedule and what i let them do and not do...so yeah....
Well Just my dh and I are going to Dorney Amusement Park tomorrow for my birthday... WITH OUT KIDS....lol...So i hope it is nice and we have a good time. My dh tends to get worn out quick and gets grumpy...hes getting old what can i say..ok i gotta get to bed...lata chickies

ps thanks girls for the advice too!!
Old 07-22-2008, 09:44 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 175/170/110

Height: 5'3"

Just popping in to say hi to everyone Hope you're all ok!

Feeling a bit low at the mo, got myself into a mess with bills and taxes and all that hoo hah... you know how it is when you just can't deal with something and it gets bigger and bigger like some horrible monster you know is lurking in the cupboard, then when you finally summon the will to sort it out it's even worse than you thought... Ah well. Tomorrow is another day, whatever that means...

Bella and Marianne! I'm new myself but everyone's so kind I feel right at home!
mimzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:42 AM   #14  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Hello all, hope you're all off to a wonderful week and huge hugs to those who need them

Bella - Welcome to the thread I'm in therapy too, it's very helpful and insightful to say the least! Welcome Fiesty too!

Amarie- I find it a total pain to workout when it's warm, but I've heard the best time to run is as early in the morning as possible, something to do with the air in the morning?

Buddly - It's probably just fluctuation, I'm sure it will drop soon enough

Me I havent managed to stay on plan for weeks now and overall have gone from losing 20 lb to 4 - ACK Somedays I manage to stick to plan but right now it just seems so difficult to stick to plan that I'm feeling in a total rut. Today I had about 700 calories worth of chocolate, in a spur of the moment binge and I havent done that in a long time. Anyway I'm just going to be healthy for the remaining part of the dya, dance my butt off later and try again tomorrow.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:53 AM   #15  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

@ Marianne and Bella

Glad your here

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote