Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 06:55 PM   #361  
LucyKitty

Lisa - I type up insurance conversations from little audio tapes. But today's tapes... UGH. 6 of them - 1 I can't do, 4 are normal length (6-15 min), and one of them is DOUBLE SIDED and over 40 minutes!! ACK!! That'll take me, like... 2 hours. *whine* I'm a transcriptionist, btw. =)

Jennifer - haha! You can call me whatever. =) Nickname is Lucy, husband calls me Kitty (I wear kitty ears most of the time), and Jess is my actual name. *lol* But any of 'em work for me. I don't consider myself that strong, though. *G* I ***** and complain constantly. Honestly, I don't know how my husband can stand me! haha!! But thank you all the same. =) I've dealt with a myriad of crap in my life... you end up getting used to it and dealing with it, or else you just can't live. Oh... hey... if you need to donate some chest, I'm totally willing to take a transplant! Give this fairly flat-chested girlie the gift of boobs, huh? I'm -almost- a B. On one side. The other is kind of an A. I think... heh, yeah. Donate!! But seriously, some rad wording there with "jostling uniboob." I thought I was the only one who called 'em that? haha!!

Ok snack update: I had a half-bag of popcorn (my bags, remember...), a banana, and a handful of cashews when I felt really dizzy. I'm starving my butt off today. Not that my butt falling off is a bad thing... but the starving part is annoying. Just had to update, though. =)
Old 03-18-2004, 07:49 PM   #362  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Check In

Today was ok for me. I got on the scale today just to check...still in the same darned spot...174! If I didn't know better, I woudl think that the scale pranksters were playing a trick on me!!! Anyway...I know I am going to lose, soon! I just know! I have to, there comes a point when you wonder if it is all worth it and then...you lose! I hope that point comes real soon because I am starting to wonder if allthis work has been worth it!

Thank you all for your kind words of support. I'm truly just really having a hard time focusing on anything since yesterday. <heavy sigh> I need to get this issue resolved, mostly with myself so I can start to put my energies where they need to be...on this weight loss journey. Funny, a girl I work with and have chatted with many times, but don't know intimately (you know, like all of you) came up to me today and said, "Julie, do you have something on your mind? You look like you are somewhere else!" I was floored! I guess I do wear my emotions on my face and sleeve and anywhere everyone can see! I keep thinking that time will take all of this away, but it isn't! Not really! <another heavy sigh!>

As far as my plan today, I did substitute some things, but didn't waver, really.
Here's the low-down!
B-oatmeal (instead of granola) w/ yogurt and 1/2 cup milk
No AM snack!
Lunch: Corn Beef I picked off all the fat), cabbage, carrots (leftovers from last night), then a small portion (like 2" x 2" square) of lasagne which was served at work. I figured I didn't have a snack in the morning...
PM snack: 1 banana (really wanted some cake, but didn't!)
Supper: Raviolli w/ Marinara sauce, steamed broccolli and carrots with a few sprays of butter stuff and a sprinkle of parmesan over all of it! 1 cup skim milk, too!

I'm full right now. Water so far! I need to start chugging!
16 oz. before I left the house
40 oz. at work
16 oz. now and will have another 16 before bed!

Gosh, I really want to comment on everyones post. You all are doing so great! I am proud to be part of this group!

Lisa...you have a wonderful anniversary with your hubby. It sounds so romantic! Enjoy every minute of it...and don't worry, you won't have to use the tazer on me when you get back!! LOL! I'm gonna stick with it!

Lucy/Jess/Kitty...Thanks for your email! I forgot I had used DH's account and he always gripes at me for sending email with his account, but since we have one overall account, any link goes right to his email account, so when I sent you the email, I used his! Oh well...he can just get over himself!! I told him if he didn't like me using his account, he could change the account to me!!! I'm not sure he liked that idea! Sometimes husbands are just a plain ole pain in the a**! OK, enough ragging on him! I'm glad you liked the photography!
In case any of you want to check out our website (our photography website), it's www.tipmuskegon.com I've been enjoying all the links that you all have been posting. Anyway, girl...I'm sorry to hear about all the physical problems you have experienced. But your weight loss is amazing! I really wish I wasn't struggling with this "measly" 40-50lbs! It seems to come off others so easily! I know it's not easy for anyone, but geesh!
Keep up the good work and don't worry about the icecream (Jennifer just likes to talk tough, you know... and we like her to think that she's the one in charge!!! ) if it works for you!

Miss Jennifer, friend, hero! You KNOW I love you!!! You know you rock! You are the awesomest chickie I know! Good for you on the Cuban lunch out! You rock...really! I can't say it enough. Your will power is strong enough for all of us! I just want you to duplicate it and beam it over to me, ok? Just an ounce or so!!! Too funny on the uniboob thing! I was just cracking up when I read that! Thanks for making me smile today!

Seems we are missing a few tonight! Hope all are having a good night. I almsot forgot to mention my AM exercise...it was 1.5 miles with Leslie WATP. I switched that with the bike this morning. Couldn't get into the bike this morning, so Leslie worked out just fine for me!! I need to do my toning stuff before bed and it's almost 8pm! I need to go! Talk to you all later!

Old 03-19-2004, 03:43 AM   #363  
LucyKitty

Ummm, yeah...

Let's just call TODAY my actual off day for the week, and I can forget about Sunday, okay? I'd rather not beat myself up over it...

Unexpected, extremely depressing, really STUPID MEAN JERK (I would love to beat this guy with his own leg, he was SO mean and rude!) calls me in the middle of my work at 5 p.m. I am reduced to tears and tell him that my husband will call him back. Then, not 2 seconds after I'm off the phone and trying to calm down, husband calls. I explain everything, he is RAVING pissed off about the ordeal (because it's a big load of crap is what it is...), and I get even more upset. (I'm about to post in the journals for the long version of this and WHY I got more upset tonight...).

So, the eating all went downhill. I got in 3 bottles of water, so at least there's that, right? But the rest of the day was useless. And now I feel sick because I ate too much and I -still- have that darn heartburn (aaah give me back the Nexium!), and I'm tired 3 hours before my normal bedtime. Oh, well.

35 min bike tomorrow, 10 minute stepper, and 450 situps. No more moping. No more blaming myself for everything in the world that can/will go wrong, no more!! *Stamps feet* I did not cause the war in Iraq, I did not blow up the OKC building, I did not cause the nuclear explosion at Chernobyl. I didn't do anything wrong, and I am not allowing myself to be upset or mad at myself ANY MORE!! Nu uh!

On that note, to bed I go. Maybe a good, long sleep will help with things.

Thank you guys for being so supportive, as it honestly does help when I am having a really crappy day, as today.
My one high point of today: Both of my upper arms have lost ANOTHER 2 inches. I am definitely not going to quit my arm workout!! NO WAY!
Old 03-19-2004, 06:41 AM   #364  
motomom

Default For Lucy

Lucy, I hope your day today goes better! Mean men SUCK!!! REally! (((((LUCY)))))) Great on the twomore inches and you keep up the great work! One day of not so great eating isn't going to kill you, that's for sure!

Have a great day!
Old 03-19-2004, 12:49 PM   #365  
LucyKitty

A large, loud gunshot. What a nice way to start my day. I'm a little shaky and somewhat nauseated right now, because there are cops crawling around my complex, because I got woken up at 9:18 today from a single, loud gunshot from the apartment downstairs. FUN.

Workout today, as soon as all of this calms down:

30 min bike
10 min stepper w/ weights
450 situps
balance ball video (14 min long, works legs, arms, back, abs, etc.)

Food today - I had a meal plan all done, but I'm a little distracted right now and definitely shaken up. I'll post it later...
Old 03-19-2004, 01:12 PM   #366  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default Hello Chica Chica Chickies

Chickety China the Chinese Chicken. You have a drum stick and your brain stops ticking. Oops, thought I was Mel there for a second. It's the start of most people's week end, BUT some of us have to work through the week end. And I've only got one day off this week. But I'm trying to look on the bright side. At least it'll be over time.

Yesterday my water and exercise were really good and I stayed within my POINTS even though I ate an entire bag of sugar free candy. That was plain stupid. No, STOOOOOPID. I, for the life of me, cannot figure out why I did that. But before I get a black eye from beating myself up, I did stay within my POINTS and I held myself accountable for it.

My food and water AND exercise were on track today. I'm trying to see how many days in a row I can hold it together. And since Aunt Flo and Uncle TOM are nearly done with their monthly visit, I'm going to weigh myself soon. At least in the next few days for sure. I'm interested to see if I've lost any. Honestly, the way my weight loss history goes, I'd not be surprised if I DIDN'T lose. I don't usually, no matter. But I can't dwell on that right now. As long as I'm doing the right thing, I'm at least living more healthy.

It's nearly bed time and I've got my "paper journal" to fill out yet. I think I'll lay in bed and do it before I drift off. All the snow we got on Wednesday night melted, but it's still cold, snowy and dreary here. Tomorrow is the first day of Spring, but someone needs to remind Mother Nature.

I hope Jennifer enjoys her week end with her Momma. And all you other Chickies as well. Think SPRING
Old 03-19-2004, 03:13 PM   #367  
LucyKitty

OK... the meal plan for today, now that things have calmed down:

B - Small bowl of shrimp pasta, 1 mango, 1 bottle of water
L - Yogurt, granola, and some veggies
D - Chicken pesto w/ salad.

Snacks: Chips & salsa, cashews.

I already did my 450 situps for the day, and I'm going to add my whole-house cleaning to that workout! Nothing better than a clean house AND having done the whole workout! =)
Old 03-19-2004, 06:01 PM   #368  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Smile Afternoon, chickies!

Hey everyone! What a busy day here! I tell ya, it's been one of those kinds of days.

Lots to try to get done so that I can relax on Monday & not be obsessed with things sitting on my desk. I tried twice earlier to post, and to send a PM, and I don't know if the PM went thru, but I know for sure I lost my post & never got my butt back in before the day was over.

Been to the bank & the store...dinner is being prepped as we speak...going to get my stuff packed tonight so that way, in the morning, there's less to worry about- just grab the stuff & go. Hubby's schedule actually opened up, so he gets to go with me! Yaaaay!

Mom hasn't seen me since mid-January, so I'm hoping I get a positive reaction from her...going to have a lot of "Mom" time to squeeze into the weekend, and then hair day on Monday...lol- I'll be coming home curly

I don't have the time to go back & respond to everything I read earlier, but I want everyone to have a great weekend- stay on track, take some time for yourself...do what you need to do to prepare for the next week.

Julie, stick with your 5 day plan...Mary, keep up the exercising & don't work too hard if this is the 6 day week & possible messed up schedule week, Lisa, have a wonderful weekend away, Lucy/Kitty/Jess/Geekie, I'll betcha you're up to 700 situps by Tuesday when I get back...hope things improve for you this weekend. And tell that SOB who called you that there are such things as the FDCPA that protect you from a**munches like him- then send them a certified letter requesting that they contact you only by mail. They have to comply. Once you get the return receipt that they got it...just wait- one phone call, and you can pretty much threaten them with legal action & many times they end up settling the debt. It's just an idea- from an ex-collections rep years ago. I know how to beat them at their own game.

Ladies, you're all so wonderful...here's to a wonderful weekend for us all!

Lots of huggles!
Old 03-19-2004, 10:37 PM   #369  
motomom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcupojava
Chickety China the Chinese Chicken. You have a drum stick and your brain stops ticking.
Don't know that one, for sure!

Hey girl, think positive thoughts even if you don't!! Try it! Sugar Free Candy...gets us every time, doesn't it??? I'm staying AWAY from that stuff! I'm just staying away from sugar! Not a good thing for me!

Hope you have a great weekend. Check in here once or twice. I'll be posting!

Hugs!
Old 03-19-2004, 10:38 PM   #370  
motomom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lameducklucy
A large, loud gunshot. What a nice way to start my day. I'm a little shaky and somewhat nauseated right now, because there are cops crawling around my complex, because I got woken up at 9:18 today from a single, loud gunshot from the apartment downstairs. FUN.

Workout today, as soon as all of this calms down:

30 min bike
10 min stepper w/ weights
450 situps
balance ball video (14 min long, works legs, arms, back, abs, etc.)

Food today - I had a meal plan all done, but I'm a little distracted right now and definitely shaken up. I'll post it later...
OH my! How awful. Is this the same apartment you have been complaining about noise coming from all week? Scary!! Hope your nerves have calmed by now and that all turns out ok. Keep us posted, Lucy!

Hugs!
Old 03-19-2004, 10:43 PM   #371  
motomom

Default Fri nite

Just a quickie to let you all know that I am still here! I didn't exercise today...another day off! Yikes! Will do doubles tomorrow...have more time!

Ate great today. Stayed on plan all day. No sugar! Yea me! I even ate very light tonight. Just a salad with chicken breast grilled, some lite dressing and water! snacks were good. planned, which was what I needed.

I'm excited about receiving some literature in the mail about some nutritional info from Jennifer! She should be a dietician, don't you all agree?
Anyway...seems I'm stuck at 174 and today...

the scale showed an increase. But no worry! It's going to come off if I have to chop it off!! LOL! Gotta get it off! *bad fat. go away fat*

I will post more tomorrow. Have a great day/night/whatever!
Old 03-20-2004, 09:11 AM   #372  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Wink And we're off!

Hitting the road now...but I had to say goodbye to my chickies!

Everyone have a wonderful weekend, and I'll see you back here on Monday!

Lots of love & huggles to you all!
Old 03-20-2004, 09:21 AM   #373  
motomom

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Jennifer**
Hitting the road now...but I had to say goodbye to my chickies!

Everyone have a wonderful weekend, and I'll see you back here on Monday!

Lots of love & huggles to you all!
Didn't know if you were still on, but I got the package just now!! Can't wait to open it!
Have a great weekend!
Julie
Old 03-20-2004, 08:58 PM   #374  
northernclipper

Hello everyone

I join everyone in hoping Jen has a great weekend with her mom. I've been very busy this week and didn't get a chance to post much. I stayed the same this week at weigh-in and strayed alot so tomorrow I hit the diet trail really hard. I hope everyone has a great weekend and if you get a chance see 2nd hand lions and gothika(great movies) go for it.
Old 03-20-2004, 09:18 PM   #375  
motomom

Default Sat PM

Hey chickies....I did my 32 minutes on bike today (thismorning) and cleaned house for another hour or so! So I got in my exercise. I am trying the Zone diet, but I think I screwed up (innocently) tonight with supper and had too many carbs! Uh oh! Jennifer swears by this and so because I have been struggling with staying the same for basically all month and have really only lost this measly 8# since January, I am going to try anything that will take off this weight! It's a bit complicated, since I am so used to counting calories or points...but I will figure it all out and hopefully by the end of next week, I will see some results! I only have 50# to lose, so you'd think I could manage this! Geesh!

Today was a good day...sunshine, but it did get windy and cold as the day progressed! Oh well, the first Day of Srping was sunny, at least!

Hope you all are having a nice weekend. We found out today that our neighbor had a stroke (she's only 47) with full paralysis on the left side and total loss of speech right now. They expect a full recovery, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be a long haul! All the more reason to be thankful for my health and my potential for even better health!

Here's to good health for all of us! (that's the best I could do!)

Hugs to all!
Closed Thread