Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 07:52 AM   #316  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Attack of the Cheetos

I just typed a really long post and lost it...darn it!
In a nutshell, it said:
Started out with a good day yesterday which turned crappy (or rather I did). Got b****y with hubby last night. I owe him an apology.
The bag of Cheetos which is for DD got out and attacked my hands and jumped into my mouth (a couple of handfuls before I could stop it). Had a bad stomach ache last night...probably from those stupid Cheetos! Felt achy and sick all night. Didn't sleep well. Woke at 3:30 and couldn't get back to sleep.

Am taking a mental health day today from work. Staying home to do some "alone time" things (nap included). I will exercise this morning after grocery shopping and taking DD to school!

Miss Techie (aka Jennifer) made my weekly schedule for food and exercise into a link, so I am going to attempt to attach it. I pirated this from her, so really it is her work, except I got to fill in the blanks and make it pretty!

[/url]http://www.boomspeed.com/jenr/week1.gif

Hope this works. Now you can see my plan for the day and if I waver one iota, you all can get out that tazer and kick my a**!!!!

I need to go! I will check in later this afternoon (BEFORE hubby gets home!)

Old 03-16-2004, 07:53 AM   #317  
motomom

Default Darn!

The link didn't work, but Jennifer has my permission to fix it if she wants to so that it will work!!!

Hugs!
Old 03-16-2004, 08:00 AM   #318  
motomom

Default Tricep exercises

A good one to do for the flab on the back of arms (tricep area) is to use a hand weight/dumbell whatever weight you are comfortable with. I am using 5# right now, but it gets hard, which is what you want after 10-15 reps...you want to feel the "burn" about that point. Anyway...Hold the dumbell in your hand, raise your arm over your head (elbow straight), then bend only the elbow down so that your hand reaches back behind your head. Do them slow so that you have fluid movement...not shaky or fast. You could pull a muscle doing them too fast and also, slow and fluid movements are more effective in strengthening/toning the muscle. Do about 3 sets of 10-15. You will start to notice a difference in about a week or so if you do them every day.

Another good one for arms and chest (pectoralis area) is push ups. There are several ways you can do these without having to lift all of your body weight in your legs and arms. Sit on your butt, with your knees bent and out to one side (like a lady), arms out in front of you and lower your face to the floor...up and down. Simple. Then switch sides that your feet are on.

Hope this helps. I gotta run!

Hugs,
Old 03-16-2004, 10:23 AM   #319  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Wink Good Morning, Sunshines

Morning, Ladies! Ugh- I am not happy to be awake this morning.

Yesterday, the minute I got home, hubby was already home. Lis late appointment got bumped up, so he decided we needed to running around for stuff. Great- no problem...we stop at the bank, make a deposit in their quick drop, he takes cash out, we did what we needed to do, and in the last store, he goes to swipe his ATM card....and it's missing. Great. Re-trace our steps, go back & search for things, but nothing turned up. Had to call & cancel the card & get a new one sent out,which will take 7-10 days. Oh joy...so that started my evening off.

I was feeling crappy all day...coughing was starting, and I was sucking on Ludens' throat drops most of the day, which work really well as an appetite suppressant. Once we dealt with all that ATM card poop last night, I did the UB Shortcuts tape, but when I was going to get on the bike, I got really light headed & nauseous. I think it was the cough syrup that I took after dinner. So, was no way I was going to get the bike in...

I fell asleep at 9:15...and woke up 20 minutes later, messing up my sleep pattern. Got back to sleep @ midnight..then was up at 2:45am. Up until after 4, fell back to sleep and then got up at 6:30, did 3 miles on the bike to make up for my commitment yesterday, and 1 mile WATP, which is all I could fit in before I needed to shower & head to work.

Whine, whine, whine. Yeah, it's going to be a long day. Bleah.

Here's Julie's link- http://www.boomspeed.com/jenr/week1.gif
Woo hoo! Looks good, girlie.

Quick responses:

Lisa- I popped 400mg Vitamin C this morning...will do more at lunch, dinner, and the next few days to make sure I kick the crap out of whatever is trying to take me out for a few days. I'm excited about your Ball already! Gotta take pics & share them with us! And a tan...wow- I live in FL & can't remember the last time I had a tan. As far as the "planning meals" thing, how about this idea? You're doing WW, right? How many points per day are you alloted? If you plan different "meals" and know the point values per meal, it gives you the flexibility to be able to decide, oh, I want this & it's 7 points...or I want to indulge a little & this other meal would be 9 points...at least makes it easy to choose on the fly.

Julie- I hear ya with those doubles- I think I'd rather do the kick backs than these knee lifts. Then again, with my thighs, knee lifts are definitely a challenge. Also the hubby stuff....when I'm cranky, any little thing will set me off. And I also hate to be the one to go apologize. But I guess it's either that, or walk around with that black cloud over your head for a few days. Hope you enjoy your mental health day...take a nap for me. With any luck, I won't have the day from **** here, and can go home, do my lower body tape, do the side steps I committed to, and then chill out.

NorthernClipper- for arm exercises, I do bicep curls, french presses, tricep kick backs, and a few others. Maybe check out eFitness.com & see if they have any suggestions? I'm just trying to build up some muscle under this flab, until it melts away.

Lucy- so what are you cleaning today? LOL. Man, 350 situps? You're crazy, girlie I'd be doubled over for days trying to do that.

Today:

3 miles on the bike- 10 mins, 30 seconds
1 mile WATP

Breakfast
1 pineapple cottage double
1/3 cup smart start
1/2 oz fat free swiss

Lunch
3/4 cup chili
3/4 cup elbow macaroni
1/2 oz shredded cheddar

Dinner:
thinking about soup...depends on how I feel

Evening exercise
Shortcuts Lower Body tape
100 side-steps with resistance bands...to do something with these hips & thighs

Have a great day chickies...I'll check in later
Old 03-16-2004, 10:38 AM   #320  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Default Hi Chickies

Jennifer: I do hope you get to feeling better. It's so dreary and cold and rainy up here, I can't imagine being sick like that in sunny Florida. I hope you nip it in the bud and get better real soon. And way to go on all the hard work and cleaning despite the feeling crappy. Maybe you can go home early today and take a hot bath, that might help, no?

I read all the posts here, but don't post myself too often. I've not given up, but I feel like I'm drifting around in neutral. I just can't seem to lose weight. I really REALLY like WW, but maybe it's not for me. I swear, I think I'm weight loss resistant. It just doesn't want to budge. But maybe I'm just kidding myself. Maybe I just don't try hard enough. I know I really appreciate all the motivation, information and encouragement I get on this site. And had it not been for Jennifer, I would have given up a long time ago. Thanks Chicks.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:17 AM   #321  
Queen of Wishful Thinking

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 5'6

I've got a lot of catch-up reading to do on the message board, so I'll make this post quick:

I'm down one pound to 165 this morning (yay!), but I haven't been doing a lot of my exercising (boo!).

I'll try to be more OP this week, but I'm going to be packing and moving into a new apartment, so I won't have a lot of time. My plan for today is to do my UB dumbbell and ab workouts, and get on the treadmill if I have time.
Old 03-16-2004, 01:42 PM   #322  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Default Jumping Cheetos, huh Julie?????

Julie, that's so weird that your cheetos do that - just jump into your mouth. I have some Chips Ahoy cookies that are my boys' , and they do the same thing! Let's chalk it up to a packaging defect of some kind I guess I could give you a quick zap with the tazer though, just to keep you on track today - so, ZZZZZZT!! Did you feel that? Good!!! Remember, those Daisy Dukes (remember those?) are calling our names this summer, and we are on a mission!

Jennifer - Girl, I am sorry your evening last night was stressful. And I am also sorry you are not feeling well. I make a mean chicken soup, and would you like me to Fed Ex you some ? Keep it up with the vitamin C and make hubby baby you a bit, too. You deserve it. Thanks for your help with the food planning. I do get 22 points a day on WW. I am going to make it my goal for next week to plan better.

Lucy - I am on the arm plan!! Yea! I have these Bally arm rings. They are soft rings, and you put them on you wrists with your arms extended to the sides, and you like Hula hoop them around your arms. I think these will be good. My arms are screaming by the time I'm done!

Hotcup - It's so hard to be on a plateau. Hang in there chick.

Guess what? Last night I got in a second workout! I felt so guilty, because I promised Julie I would drink my water, and I just couldn't ( I had these awful TOM cramps, and I felt like I would throw up to drink water - Julie do you forgive me?), anyway, I did a 30 min. workout last night. I felt great!!!!! I did my Lisa Aerobics, thank you very much!! My husband made me a cd of all the songs I really love to exercise to, and I picked 6 songs (about 5 min each), and I did my aerobic moves (sorta like the WATP ones) that don't aggravate my back.
I was "bustin a move"! Yahoo! I am going to do this again.

Food is low in calories today, but I have got to get in my veggies:
Breakfast 1/2 of turkey sandwich (nothing but mustard), and a few Wow Doritos

Snack - a small hamburger from Burger King (my Kindergarteners went there on a field trip), and about 4 fries.

*I'm not too hungry. I will work on getting in my veggies and drinking the rest of my water.

I'll check back in tonight. Have a great day chickies!!! It is very pretty here today - 64 degrees, but windy. Northern clipper, I sent you some sunshine - did you get it???
Old 03-16-2004, 01:44 PM   #323  
motomom

Default Post Grocery shopping

Good afternoon chickies...
I dropped DD off at preschool this morning and promptly went to the grocery store. I spent about 1 & 1/2 hours there just wandering the aisles...It's Meijer...Not Fred Meyer, but Meijer...it's like a Super Walmart with everything...but they've been around here before Walmart even existed! I digress!

Anyway...I had some things on my list which included checking out some low fat cheese since all of you talk about it. I wanted to try some different things this time shopping...and I did. I bought some "White Clover" 50% reduced fat hard cheddar. It's not bad...a little dry, but the flavor is good and I could have it with a sandwich and it would be alright! Jennifer warned me this past weekend about the bad fats in Triscuits (which is NOT on the label, BTW) which I have on my menu, so...I hunted around for some wheat crackers that were going to be healthier than Triscuits (which I thought since whole weat and oil shouldn't be too bad, but they do taste really good...) and found some "Wasa" whole grain Oats Crispbread. Seems like I remember my Grandma (who was a health nut) having these kinds of crackers around her house...They are really good. About the size of a graham cracker and only 50 calories and .5 gm fat and 1 gm fiber! They use Canola and Palm oil (is this bad?) but not until the 7th ingredient... and do have Mono & Diglycerieds as emulsifiers! Hmmm! I'm sure everything we put in our mouths is not good for us if it tastes good. These crackers are light and crispy.

OK...I also got some "Tumaro's" honey wheat tortillas for my sandwiches I'm going to start taking to work. They only have 2 gm. fat and 110 calories with 2 g. fiber. How does that calculate for you WW folks?
AND...I got some hummus. I have never had it before so I will let you know how it goes. I bought the "Cedar's" Roasted Garlic & Chive kind. It has 50 cal, 2gms fat, 3 gms. fiber per 2 TBSP. I hope it tastes good! If the lady at the store was trying to sell it, she wouldn't have made one sale telling me her personal opinion about hummus!!! Geesh! They ought to put her in the "stocking shelves" dept at night!!!! She carried on for 5 minutes about not liking mashed garbonzo beans, she liked them whole...then she carried on about cheese and if you are going to eat cheese, you might as well eat the "real" stuff with all the fat and calories in it. She obviously was NOT in sales or marketing...but not too healthy looking, either...if you get my drift!!

OK, the other thing I tried for the first time was a power bar. I didn't get the Zone bar...it had waaaaayyyy too much sugar (or sugar by products) in it for me! I got a granola type bar with yogurt (yep, sugar) icing. It was good, but I could tell it wasn't sugar free!! LOL! But I was starving by the time I had left the grocery store not having had bfast before I left! Oh well!

Today I have done some really hard work. Something I have had on my mind for several YEARS. I wrote a letter to an old friend to help heal some really old wounds. I may not send the letter, but the symbolism of writing it helped me to bring that pain to the surface. I have been wanting to do this all weekend and really didn't have time alone to gather my thoughts, so that's another reason I took today off from work. I feel good about writing it and now am contemplating sending it...some day! It is exhausting work to hold on to feelings and thoughts for so many years (25 in this case) and I just needed to "let it go" finally and close that chapter in my life. I still have some more symbolic work to do before I feel that there is closure, but at least I have the letter written.

Thanks for listening to me rant today...I need to go get on the bike and do some weight exercises. I missed the weights yesterday.

Jennifer...hope your "cold" crap goes away! Enjoy the warm weather for me. It's cold and cloudy here again today with the sun peeking in and out all day!

2sw...way to go on the one pound! I am hoping the scale will move for me by the end of the month!!! LOL! One day, one hour, one minute at a time!

Hotcup...I too am weight loss resistant...I swear! Of course...having little binges like M&M's and Cheetos now and then don't help!!! I need to work on that!!! Keep at it...we can do this together, us weight loss resistant gals!!!

Lisa...you just enjoy that 70 degree weather! It will be here soon, I am sure!

Lucy...you go girl on your arm curls!! Please don't take offense to my worries about you doing aerobics with leg weights! If you feel comfortable with that, you go girl! I was thinking that the weights were much heavier than l#. That can't be too bad! You are doing awesome, chickie!

I need to not prolong this exercise any longer. Then I have a kitchen to clean up from last night! UGH! Procrastination will get me nowhere, I swear! Does anyone else feel like they need a maid some days??? LOL

Happy Tuesday!
Old 03-16-2004, 02:13 PM   #324  

Julie I think we posted at the same time! I zipped you a note in there. Peek back a bit! Happy Tuesday!
Old 03-16-2004, 02:15 PM   #325  
LucyKitty

hikein: My leg weights are 5 lbs each, but you haven't seen my legs. *G* My calves are 16 inches around, and it ain't fat. 5 lbs on my legs is like using a 1 lb weight on my arms -- hardly anything, but it helps. I used to carry around 100-lb servers by myself, use power tools at work, etc. =) No worries about that. But no offense taken... I worry about other ppl, too. I'm pretty hard to offend, hehe!

Anyway, today is a little weird. Neighbors downstairs (I would love to evict those !&!^%&^%^&!^$#@@ people... grrr) were playing loud music ALL NIGHT and woke up my husband, and then they talk really loudly all night long. ECH. So sleep was a little weird... and then the stupid phone was ringing off the hook all morning today! All junk calls, too... nothing good. *G*

So my goal today is to do all of my tapes before I'm allowed to work out. I'm sick of winding up doing them too late in the day, and since I really enjoy working out every day, I have to do them first. I only have 4, so I should be done by 3:30 or 4, easily.

Food for today is not going to be fun. I want a variety of random things... olives, pickles, some peanut butter toast, yogurt, cheese, cashews, etc. I have weird days like this... so I just make myself a meal of some randomness, and it shuts my head right up! So, when I list all the items for b & l... it's not a lot of them, I'm just a little nutty today. *G*

B - Cashews, granola, slice of cheese, some green olives, a few pickle slices, carrots, slice of peanut butter toast.
L - Salad w/ sliced lunch meat & a little shredded cheese.
D - Tacos!! Yay!!! (Because I'll be able to use the taco meat in salads for days!)

Snacks today: Granola bar for 1 snack, veggies for the other.

Workout today, after I get my tapes done:
20 min bike (I'm still feeling kinda icky)
8 min stepper w/ weights (ankle & free) [I'm upping this because I LOVE it, and because it'll help me tone my butt and legs a little faster.]
350 situps

Now, if you notice, I've tweaked my workout plan. 30 min on the bike is a little too much for me, athsma wise, and I don't want to hurt anything in that dept. I've upped my stepper usage because I LOVE it, and because it really works my butt and legs, and I want them to have more tone, even if they'll still be huge -- at least they'll LOOK good. I've cut out my leg toning exercises because I've upped my stepper use - plus, I haven't seen any results from them in a month, so *shrug*.

Okay... in other news, I am considering going on the south beach diet. The 2-week induction period allows way more food than the atkins diet does, so I won't end up eating 2 hot dogs for every meal and then passing out after 4 days of nothing but processed meat. *lol* Plus, I need to do something to kick my butt into gear. I'm really hopeful about this... so, if any of you guys are on SB, could you let me know how it affects your body & whatnot?

Other than that stuff, you guys are all doing an awesome job.

2sweet - GOOD JOB on losing a #!! Even if you aren't working out *scold*. =) You gotta kick that butt into gear if you want to feel that motivation, hon!

Jennifer - Yeah, I feel like poop, too. =) I'm telling you, girlie, green tea! It's a miracle substance!! I hope ya feel better, and don't pass out on that bike!! *G* Not cleaning anything today, tho. Except the dishes, but that doesn't really count, hehe.

Java - You are NOT weight loss resistant!! You just haven't found that one little thing that works for you, yet. WW isn't for everyone, neither is any specific diet. Don't get too down on yourself, hon. You're simply plateaued -- tweak some little things in your diet -- up the protein, kill a few carbs off, etc. Add 5 minutes to a workout every day. Any little bit will help, but you are definitely NOT weight loss resistant. We all have the ability, the power to lose weight. It's partially our life choices (i.e. foods, workout, etc.), and partially in our heads. If, subconsciously, you aren't ready to lose weight, then your body won't let you. It sounds ridiculous, but it's true. It's the same kind of thing that happens to an addict's brain -- they can't quit until they've hit bottom, and they're ready to change. *big hug* You'll make it, hon.
Old 03-16-2004, 05:44 PM   #326  
LucyKitty

Ok breakfast changed, and I'll be eating my snack in a minute here. =) I'm not hungry, but I need to eat anyway -- I don't actually -feel- hunger, so I forget to eat a lot. I know. I'm nuts. *G*

Breakfast was a slice of peanut butter toast, a handful of cashews (less than 1 serving), a granola bar, and my vitamins with a bottle of water. 1 down, 2 to go!!

snack is going to be some carrots & cauliflower with some low-fat ranch dressing for dip. *purr* I want it NOW. I have to finish my next tape, first, tho.

My photographer said she got some totally awesome shots this weekend, and she's going to scan 'em and send 'em to me tonight!! At least a few, anyway... I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!! I'll post them as soon as I can.
Old 03-16-2004, 08:54 PM   #327  
northernclipper

hello everyone

This is my first day in a month or more that I couldn't go for a walk(snowstorm hit) I just made it home from work. Dh has to do overtime during storms so I'll just have a light dinner and do the treadmill.

Hikein thank'you for the tip I'll try them tonight and along with the other suggestions I'll start an arm program.

Lisa other then the weather we have somethings in common I have 3 sons (all teenagers and daughter) and I have 22 ww points a day too. As to the sons enjoy them while you still know everything and your their world. To soon you know nothing and you can't use your phone because their waiting for the love of their life to call(girlfriends). Then the next week it's a new love.

Hotcup don't get down on yourself or the diet, stick it out a little longer and see what happens. I've been at that stand still point for awhile and now I'm lossing a pound or two a week. Just try and stay op.

Lucy good luck on the south beach diet let us know how it works. Sometimes a change helps kick start the loss again.

Jennifer I hope you feel better soon. When I feel like that I go right for the chicken soup for a few days(it seems to help)

Today we got a special delivery (our daughters silver medal from the city wide science fair ) Her dad is going to mount it for her and shes in seventh heaven.

I off to try the arm excercises everyone have a great evening.
Old 03-16-2004, 10:07 PM   #328  
motomom

Default Lisa

Got your message! I felt the zap! Thanks, but I don't think it was effective enough for tonight I weakend (even while talking to Jennifer on chat) and had a chocolate pudding (NOT FF or SF)! What am I going to do??? I guess it's not the worse thing in the world, though!

Daisy Dukes! HA! I never owned a pair, but I know what you are talking about! I am pretty sure I won't ever own a pair (that I would wear in public, anyway) either!! LOL!! But a bathing suit would be good!

Good for you on the exercise. Did it help the bloaty feeling? Bustin a move! Too funny! I am sure you were just a rockin with that music you love! Today I put my Annie Lennox Diva CD in and rode like crazy. I love it because it starts out slow, then picks up the pace and slows in the end...a true workout CD!!! I do need to change that up a bit, though! I like so much more kinds of music and I need to do a workout CD just for me! I want a Dixie Chics CD!!!

Did you drink your water today??? I think I am up to 5-16 oz. glasses today! Slosh, slosh!
Old 03-16-2004, 10:12 PM   #329  
motomom

Default What a day!

I just posted some of my day on note to Lisa, but here's the lowdown!

Food was good (except for my swaying off track tonight...gotta get that under control!) Do you hear that? My stomach has started to growl!!

B-fast: a power bar of sorts at the grocery store
Lunch: Seafood salad from deli (probably way too much fat, but it was good) and some cheese and my new crackers!
Snack: string cheese (2) and a cracker.
Supper: fish, asparagus, rice, milk
Snack: snack size choc. pudding

Exercise: Here's where I kicked some butt today!

Bike 32 minutes (10 miles!) yea me! I got it up to 25 mph for just a few seconds, but it was challenge to myself today!
Toning: Upper and lower body No weights today!

OK...thats about all my eyes can handle tonight. They are starting to feel heavy. Never did get my nap in today that I wanted!

Talk to you chickes in the AM
Old 03-16-2004, 11:03 PM   #330  

Julie - I won't zap you for the pudding A girl needs her pudding now and then. But if you have it tomorrow, You'll get the double tazer!! LOL ! I used my flexpoints at Wendy's tonight on some fries. It was worth it, and that's why I do WW, because I am such a kid about having such things!! I even downloaded the daisy dukes song onto my workout cd. What a hoot! I'm sure that's a female derogatory song, but it reminds me of spring break in college - I had a purple polka dot bikini that year (1991). Good grief! Sweet memories....

Yes!!!! I also kicked butt today exercising - 40 minutes guys!!!! I was doing my same aerobic thing to all of my 80's favorites (Ice Ice Baby...remember that song??)

Julie - if I don't mention the water thing, will I be off the hook?? No? I didn't think so. That is one aspect of this new lifestyle I HATE! I HATE DRINKING WATER! *WHINE*

Jennifer - I hope that you are in the bed resting!!

Northernclipper - That's cool! I love all the things we have in common! I dread teenager time! I am still buying Fischer Price and diapers! But the years are already flying by. I know you are so proud of your daughter's medal. That's awesome! Do you do o.k. with the 22 points?? MY husband gets 31 points and he is losing so much faster than I am.

2sw - I meant to tell you good job on the loss!!! That's great

Lucy - Hurry and post those pictures!!!! I can't wait to see them.

((((hugs))))),
Lisa
Closed Thread