Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 09:53 PM   #301  
"workin' on my fitness"

Height: 5'10"

Default I need to be committed...

Literally! LOL

9:43, and I'm stopping. Well, I actually stopped around 8:30, but got caught up in a computer game, killing some time & relaxing.

Several notes to self, and group.
1. If you are going to sweat a lot, don't wear stuff that's big enough on you to chafe.
2. If you do make that mistake on Saturday, do not wear close fitting clothes on Sunday that will only aggravate what you chafed the day before.
3. If I ever, ever, ever say I am going to spend an entire weekend cleaning like this, someone, anyone, stop me. Don't care how- just stop me.

Everything is done. 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms..cat hair & dust is off of everything. Every single thing on my dresser has been wiped down. I own too many mini perfume bottles. Next home for them is in a shoebox, in a drawer, not out on display.

oh- 4. New vacuum sucks hard enough to suck little teeny bottles off mirrored tray. Don't try that again, because fishing thru a canister of crap is not a good way to kill 10 minutes, or keep your floor clean.

Anyhow, I was able to get in my mile...but the whole bike thing was out of the question, especially with the chafing deal. Left inner thigh only....what freaking ever....My own fault.

TODAY
Breakfast:
1 strawberry yogurt Zone bar

Lunch:
3/4 cup ditalini
3/4 cup meat sauce
1 slice light oatmeal bread, toasted
1 slice provelone, melted onto bread (ok, it's not olive garden breadsticks, but it was good, and got my #s where they needed to be.

Dinner:
1 can Chickarina soup, extra water added to fill me up.

Treat:
I have earned my fat free, sugar free chocolate pudding, complete with fat free, sugar free whipped topping. And I am going to sit in bed, and savor that, while I try to fall asleep.

A better response to everyone in the morning...

Oh- need to add this- committed this to Lyn in exchange for her food plan. Soooo, here's my exercise plan for Mon & Tues

Monday- morning- 1 mile WATP, evening Shortcuts upper body tape, 5 miles bike

Tuesday- morning, 1 mile WATP, evening Shortcuts lower body tape, 100 side-steps with resistance band.
Old 03-15-2004, 02:07 AM   #302  
LucyKitty

Uh oh. Now the health-freak fairy has visited me. It's Sunday, and I even allowed myself a big treat for today -- a little pint of B&J Chubby Hubby... and I don't WANT it?!

Not just that. I don't -want- the junkfood. I don't -want- anything sweet, or anything salty, really. Actually, I don't -want- anything. What the heck?! Oh, man, you guys... I think that little trigger in my brain got hit!! My body has retrained itself to NOT eat when it doesn't NEED to eat. How the heck did that happen?!

So what am I choosing to eat tonight, for my snack around 1:30? Carrots & cauliflower with some low-fat ranch dressing? *shakes her head* Someone has taken my brain hostage, you guys. I actually relaxed today (um, I don't *do* relaxing. It just doesn't work that way with me...), and I enjoyed it!!

Food was even awesome -- I had a veggie burger w/ a slice of cheese and a little bit (maybe 1/3 cup) hamburger helper with it, for dinner. Lunch was a healthy bagel with light cream cheese and 2 slices of turkey breast? Whaaa? Breakfast was a granola bar, banana & some cashews. What the heck!?! It is my OFF day. Why don't I want my junk food on my OFF day?!

In other news, if you guys haven't seen Matchstick Men, School of Rock, and Lost in Translation, I highly reccommend all 3. They were awesome, especially School of Rock, which is an ok movie, even for kids -- only 2 or 3 swear words at all, but VERY cute. =)
Old 03-15-2004, 11:07 AM   #303  
"workin' on my fitness"

Talking NorthernClipper Awards

Excellent- 2 pounds, while traveling & enjoying yourself- that's a double whammy award! Times 2...it's not letting me attach it again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nc2.jpg (4.5 KB, 13 views)
Old 03-15-2004, 01:23 PM   #304  
"workin' on my fitness"

Default Poop, poop, poop

I had most of my post written, and then it went poof! Arrrgh! Anyhow, we've got 16 days left in this challenge..a brand new week awaits...What is our next challenge going to be? Thoughts? Suggestions? Post them, or send me a PM, or email- this time has flown so far. I think that's because we have such an amazing group...I don't want this to end!

Several things- Woke up earlier than usual- not stiff, not sore- no worse for the marathon of cleaning I did. I figured a few parts would be out of whack, but apparently all the activity has gotten my body used to moving, and being asked to perform. Excellent.

My throat is sore...don't know if I'm getting sick, or if it's from breathing in all those chemicals in close quarters this weekend. Especially small, non-ventilated bathroom showers & tubs. I'm feeling the dry, swollen throat, hurts to swallow..kinda stuffy...I'm pre-treating with cough drops...hopefully whatever this is gets nipped in the bud. Drink my water, OD on my vitamins this week...

Going to visit Mommy in Tampa next weekend- I'll be out there over the weekend, and off work on Monday. Yes!!! A day off! And stop cheering...I may be able to check in from my parents' house, but not as much as I peek in now. You can't get rid of me that easy.

Now, to retype all this...lol

NC- wow...Vegas- and a 2 pound loss- that's so terriffic!!! Yes!!! Glad you got to take time away, and enjoy yourself. Is it true what they say about Tom And His Jones

Lucy- read about your shoot- pretty cool, girlie. Can't wait to see the pictures. And so help me, if you ever, ever, ever give me this cleaning bug again, I might have to come throttle you Just kidding- the house needed it...and if I didn't do it this past weekend, it would interfere with school & other stuff. Step away from the ice cream, chickie. I'm proud of you- your off day, and you still didn't want the junk, and didn't eat when you weren't hungry, just for the sake of eating. Awesome. I think you've got it, chica. The switch has flipped...way to go.

Julie- You know, I agree that the chickies in this group definitely make it easier to do the right thing. Cuz you know if you come here with another excuse, I'm going to tazer you right in the butt. (Sorry, someone else has the prod, so I had to get creative) Zzzzzzt! Now, I don't want to do that, but if I need to put on my butt kicker persona, just you watch it, missy. I'll put you over my knee & then let everyone else have a whack at you, too. I was thinking that I need to really sit down & put that "Methodology" in my journal, so that when I'm feeling the urge to sleep in, or not keep to my schedule and plan, I can go back & read it and remind myself that I don't want to spend the next 10 years doing this. And it's good to see that Lucy infected other people with her cleaning bug. I wasn't the only whirlwind this weekend.

Lisa- Doing this if it kills us...at least we'd be thin- make a good looking corpse, right? Ewww, ok, that's a little morbid/disturbing. I'll stop. LOL @ your hubby- I seem to do the same thing with mine...I'll be hysterical, laughing, crying so hard the tears are streaming down my face & looks at it & goes "ehhh, it's not that funny." Men. And I wish we were all closer- we could get together & do something. We need to make sure if we're headed each other's way, that we try to make it happen. Heck, everyone come to FL, and we'll do Disney! My treat, if you all get down here.

Lisa & Julie- your dates sound too much like mine & hubby's. Home depot, grocery shopping, pet supermarket run, since we're "in the area," etc. Guess that's what happens to us "old marrieds."

Today's plan:

Breakfast was:
1/3 cup smart start
1 apple & cinnamom cottage double (left about 3 spoonfuls)
1/2 oz fat free swiss (couldn't eat the other 1/2 oz)

Lunch was:
3/4 cup meat sauce
3/4 cup ditalini
1 tsp parmesan cheese

Dinner- still unknown

Evening exercise: Shortcuts for Upper Body (30 mins) and 5 miles on the bike, per my pact with Lyn. And then an early night, where I can just chill out a little bit.

Have a great day, ladies!

Old 03-15-2004, 01:39 PM   #305  
motomom

S/C/G: 199/182/164

Height: 5'2"

Default Getting things in order!

Well, here it is 1 in the afternoon. I have worked all morning on a schedule for food and exercise for the next week or so! I have the whole week filled out and will try to figure out how to make it a link or attach it, but if not, I do want to thank Jennifer for sending me this a few weeks ago. It has just taken me a while to get it all together and find a chunk of time to work on it!

Well, shoot...It's 2kb too large to send as an attachment. I wish I knew how to reduce the file size. I'm so illiterate with this kind of stuff! It doesn't really matter but it's way cool that I can look at my day and see what I have to eat and what exercise I have to do without even thinking about it! Now, the trick will be to follow it!

So far today:
B-fast: 1 cup cantaloupe, 1 hard boiled egg, 5 low fat Triscuits
Snack: rice cake w/ 1 T. cr. cheese & 2 tsp. all fruit
Lunch: 1/2 cup Mac & Cheese (had to do it! but I did measure), 1 & 1/2 cup steamed veggies with butter spray and lemon pepper to season. 1 cup milk
Supper will be: Chicken & rice and veggie stir fry

Exercise: Did 2.5 Miles WATP with Leslie! Those double leg lifts weren't so bad this time! But my left knee has been giving me some problems the last week or so and I'm thinking I am going to need to get a support for it! It just really hurt during the mini squat lunges! Owee! I'm sure it's old age combined with all this weight I carry around! I don't know...just been feeling the achy muscles and joints the last week or so! Maybe I've got some sort of virus! Hmmmm! Maybe...I just don't want to exercise!!!!

Drinking the water: So far 1- 16 oz. glass, some from my water bottle during the WATP (maybe 8 oz.) and working on my 2nd 16 oz. glass. Need to get going on it.

I also have to finish up the housework I have neglected since Saturday! A woman needs a day off!! LOL! So I shall get going now and start the next level of cleaning! Oh fun!!!

Hope everyone is having a great Monday!
Old 03-15-2004, 02:10 PM   #306  
FullTime Domestic Goddess

Hi guys! I have had a really pleasant day so far! It is 70 degrees here, and I'm going to get out and play with my kids and walk some!

I am eating "just right" today!!!! Yahoo!!
Breakfast - chicken sandwich (Boca) and Wow Chips and a 2 point ice cream sandwich (I LOVE my non-breakfasty breakfast )

Lunch - Lean Cuisine pizza and large salad

Dinner - Hmmm...I think some of my spicy vegetable/bean soup?

No water yet --Jennifer please get the tazer !!!!! Well, I have an excuse (as always). I have yucky cramps and I feel bloated, and water sounds awful. But, I WILL drink it. I promise. I PROMISE!!!! Julie - watch out girl, I think Jennifer means this tazer business!!

Something must be wrong with me. I DO NOT like the idea of a food/exercise schedule. It makes me feel high blood pressure coming on I don't know why. I like to get up each day and choose to eat what I feel like for the day. I like to have my ice cream sandwich for breakfast if I want to throw it in. I try to keep the cupboards stocked really with my good foods to fit this mindset. Hmmm...sounds like Lisa may be a tad bit lazy! Maybe this is an avoidance behavior, and I am fearing the commitment I am making. I will think on this. Help me Jennifer!!!!!!! p.s. Jennifer you need to start your vitamin C asap if you feel something coming on

Julie - sounds like you are right on track. I promise, I will not let you down. I am gonna do my water and exercise today, even though I'd rather take a nap....

Lucy - You go girl! You are doing a great job!!

I have more things to tell you guys. I'll need to come back later, as my 4 year old insists I play Blues Clues with him and then go outside. Talk to you soon!
Old 03-15-2004, 02:57 PM   #307  
LucyKitty

Ahh, sleeping in. =)

Today's going to be a little crazy. I'm doing my workout as usual this morning, had breakfast already, and I'm looking forward to today.

Workout:
30 min bike w/ ankle weights
5 min stepper w/ free weights & ankle weights
4 min leg-toning exercises
350 situps

Food:
B - 1/2 cup granola cereal w/ 1/3 cup milk, 1 banana.
S - If I need it, popcorn.
L - bagel w/ light cream cheese and 2 slices of lunchmeat
S - doubtful
D - Grilled chicken breast over salad with low-cal, low-fat italian dressing.

I know there was something else, but who knows what that might have been... =) EDIT: I know what it was!! Last night, I checked my reflection in the mirror, and my arms seemed way smaller. So, I meausred them, and I've lost 2 inches on EACH ARM!! WOW!! =) I'm way happy about that.

You guys are doing an awesome job! Keep it up!

Last edited by lameducklucy; 03-15-2004 at 04:33 PM.
Old 03-15-2004, 04:55 PM   #308  
motomom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lameducklucy
Ahh, sleeping in. =)

Today's going to be a little crazy. I'm doing my workout as usual this morning, had breakfast already, and I'm looking forward to today.

Workout:
30 min bike w/ ankle weights
5 min stepper w/ free weights & ankle weights
4 min leg-toning exercises
350 situps
Lucy, You are doing so great with your food and exercise! I just am a little concerned that you may get injured doing aerobic stuff with weights! Be careful, chickie poo! and wow! you are up to 350 sit ups! You rock!
Old 03-15-2004, 05:02 PM   #309  
motomom

Default Get out the Tazer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa girl
It is 70 degrees here, and I'm going to get out and play with my kids and walk some!

I am eating "just right" today!!!! Yahoo!!
Breakfast - chicken sandwich (Boca) and Wow Chips and a 2 point ice cream sandwich (I LOVE my non-breakfasty breakfast )
No water yet --Jennifer please get the tazer !!!!! Well, I have an excuse (as always). I have yucky cramps and I feel bloated, and water sounds awful. But, I WILL drink it. I promise. I PROMISE!!!! Julie - watch out girl, I think Jennifer means this tazer business!!

Something must be wrong with me. I DO NOT like the idea of a food/exercise schedule. It makes me feel high blood pressure coming on I don't know why. I like to get up each day and choose to eat what I feel like for the day. I like to have my ice cream sandwich for breakfast if I want to throw it in. I try to keep the cupboards stocked really with my good foods to fit this mindset. Hmmm...sounds like Lisa may be a tad bit lazy! Maybe this is an avoidance behavior, and I am fearing the commitment I am making. I will think on this. Help me Jennifer!!!!!!! p.s. Jennifer you need to start your vitamin C asap if you feel something coming on

my 4 year old insists I play Blues Clues with him and then go outside. Talk to you soon!
Alright chickie...drink your water and get that exercise done if you haven't already! As far as the planning of meals...do what works for you. Plan the ice cream sandwich for your snack. I know for me that planning keeps me on track. When I don't plan, I just eat for the sake of putting something in my mouth. But if not planning your food works for you, then don't! You have to find the right way to change those eating habits and devlop new ones. No one can do that for you! I just happen to be too much of free spirit which gets me into trouble most of the time!!! And...I don't always do what I say I am going to do and I do leave room for that in my planning!

And may I ask...what is a Boca chicken sandwich and where do I find one???

Hope you enjoyed your nice weather! It's cold and cloudy today but I sent DD outside to play for a while this afternoon! She was bouncing off the walls! GRRRR!!! She put on her coat and hat and mittens and away she went on her bike!!! (in the yard, of course!)

Blues Clues for you...My LIttle Pony game for me!! 4 year olds...aren't they the best???
Old 03-15-2004, 05:32 PM   #310  
LucyKitty

Okay, turns out I didn't want a bagel for lunch.

Instead, I made 2 scrambled eggs with lunchmeat in 'em, and 2 slices of toast. Yum.

I know it's a silly, short post... but if I don't tell the truth, then I'm only lying to myself, right? I'm in a weird mood, I guess. hehe =)

Also, bike today was around 9 minutes. My knee was bothering me, and I have a stuffed up nose, so I just gave it up for the day. I'll make sure we go on that walk tonight, though.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:12 PM   #311  
northernclipper

Hello everyone

I'd kill for weather in the 70's, It's so cold and windy here tonight I nearly ran the 2 miles I usually walk. I started a low carb diet that works well with ww a friend lost 7lbs in 2 weeks on it. I'd be happy for a 2 to 5 lb loss.

It seems like everyone is sure steady in the excerise area, I'm just getting back in the groove. Two inch loss on each arm is great what are you doing to accomplice this. It's a area I really need to work on and any tips won't be wasted.

Hope everyone has a great evening.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:16 PM   #312  

Julie - thank's for the reply Keep it up with the tazer! I mean it - Don't go easy on me. I got in the exercise - 30 min. walking/running with the baby in the stroller and then I jumped on the trampoline outside. I still have a bit of water to go, but will get that in. Yea!! Sounds like you are having a good day. Way to go, girl!! Also, please be careful with that knee!

O.K. - Morningstar Farms and Boca both make a breaded Chik patty. You find them in the freezer section near the waffles (or at least at Wal-Mart that's where they are).
They are so yummy. They are actually soy, but you can't tell. My husband really likes them too, and he's picky. They come in spicy and regular. Check out the Boca Grillers and the grilled vegetable burgers, and the spicy black bean burgers - they are awesome! I do WW, and they are low in points in the WW plan. They are full of all kinds of good nutrients.

I know what you mean about 4 year olds. They are energetic aren't they?? But, I would not have it any other way. I also have a 6 year old and a 21 month old (all boys). They are the light of my life

I have something to tell you. My husband and I are going to this Ball on May 1st. It is formal (as in formal gown and tux). I haven't bought a formal gown since my senior prom! This has lit a fire under me. I have got to tone these arms asap! And I need a TAN also. *OMG*!

I hope you guys get some warmer weather.

Lucy - hope your knee gets better!! Be careful with it

Last edited by lisa girl; 03-15-2004 at 08:23 PM.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:21 PM   #313  

Northernclipper - I don't have an "arm plan" yet, but I would welcome any suggestions also. Did I understand that you are doing WW? I love WW! Are you doing the Fast Track for WW?

Way to go with the 2 miles!

Sorry I was a little "Braggy" about the 70 degree weather I'll send you some
Old 03-15-2004, 08:32 PM   #314  
northernclipper

Lisa I am doing the fast track and lost my first 11 lbs on it. But, I seemed to peak and then just sit with no weight loss for 3 weeks . So I added the low carbs and lost 3lbs more. I do alot of walking and our anniversary trip to Europe is my motivator for the weight loss.

You have nothing to be sorry for girlfriend but if you could bottle it up and send alittle bit of your weather here it wouldn't go to waste. I'd turn a 2 mile walk into a 5 mile walk like I do come spring time. Just enjoy it while you have it. Take care and stay op.
Old 03-16-2004, 12:37 AM   #315  
LucyKitty

Lisa & Northern: My so-called 'arm plan' is extremely simple. I use 1 lb hand weights, and when I'm on my stairstepper for 5 minutes, I do a bunch of different basic curls with my arms -- up above my head, straight out in front of my chest, arms bent at the elbow and lift up behind them, etc. It helps. =)
Closed Thread