Old 09-03-2016, 09:38 AM   #16  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

I hear what you're saying, Riestrella, about the weight creeping on. Me too: although I knew I was splurging (and loving every carb!) somehow I was surprised to find I'd allowed 25lbs back on!! When my It'sComplicated came round a couple of Sundays ago, and we hadn't seen each other in about a month, he gave me a big hug, then said, "Wow! You're looking....(pause to search for adjective).....Healthy!" I'm pretty damn' sure that meant "strapping"..... Mind you, I'd seen in it my own face too. However today I looked in the mirror and thought, Yes! I'm starting to get a little definition back again. Phew.

Like you, I'm ditching the bread, too carby, too tempting; and putting plenty of salads in. The only thing different I'm adding in is a little honey in the morning, and slightly more at night. I'm experimenting with The Honey Diet by Mike McInnes, and so far, so good. I don't think the honey's doing anything magical, although it does seem to help with sugar cravings throughout the day, and maybe does help me sleep a little deeper; otherwise, I think the main thing is cutting starchcarbs and eating fairly small meals. It doesn't say to count calories but I choose to.

Oo, fellow Brit (ex-Brit?) I'd love to be 155 for Christmas too! Good luck!!

Chunkahlunkah - it was a nice little break, thank you. Had chicken curry and a big bowl of boiled rice for dinner last night; and white bread toast at breakfast this morning ~ and boy! it was good!! Back to it from hereon in.

Good luck, all
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 10:00 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 184/170/150

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone - I just joined the challenge, I started my LC diet on Monday the 29th of August so this is challenge fits perfectly. I have approximately 35 lbs to loose. My first goal is 10 lbs by the end of Sept which I think is very reachable. I think that is what I do to myself, I set a high goal weight that is pretty well not reachable and when I don't get there then I get depressed and eat whatever I want.....vicious cycle.

I am looking forward to having people share in this journey with me

I find the weekend the most difficult how about everyone else, what do you do to keep busy?

Terry
terryc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 10:53 AM   #18  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Rosi - Yup, fellow Brit here! Moved to America last year. I feel like in our food culture and upbringing is centred around carbs. My mum would make me my school lunch and it was always a sandwich. I've found it incredibly difficult to break this habit! It's second nature to me that lunch = bread. Glad to hear you're feeling your gaining back definition . I usually start noticing changes in my body/face in the 150's. What's the theory behind the honey diet? I usually put some honey in my greek yogurt but that's about it!

terryc - Welcome! I know what you mean, I've done the same before. Weighing can be a dangerous game, there are plenty of people who don't step on the scale for that reason. Think about the number you want to lose, then divide it by half and have that as your goal, perhaps? So try and lose 5 lbs by the end of September and if you end up losing 10 then you're way over your goal!
Weekends are notoriously dangerous, a lot of people cut loose and eat/drink a lot over the weekend. This is a lifestyle change, it has to be 7 days a week. But it's very hard to keep on track when you're having fun!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 01:10 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

HEY EVERYONE!
I guess this challenge is where I need to be, I'm even scaring the ghosts, lol. I'm looking forward to having some fun and losing some pounds along the way. We can do this!

Thanks Rie for going forward with this challenge. I'm sure more people will join in. I think a lot of people who might not be in a current challenge, don't visit the website frequently.

Munchey
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 11:10 PM   #20  

HEY MomOf2Boys:

I think our stats got switched on the spreadsheet. I'd love to weigh 168 right now, but I have a ways to go to claim it, lol. My weight and goal got by your name. I made an assumption that your stats got exchanged for mine.

So, might want to double check your starting weight and goal, in case I made a wrong assumption, when I corrected my stats. Sorry if I made a wrong assumption.

Munchey
Old 09-04-2016, 02:52 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 202/160/150

FYI - My name got moved and my weight start and goal is now blank. And, I am not 20something...i wish.... If there isn't a way to lock this so others don't screw it up, make a back up frequently so it can be fixed.
Nightowlrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 03:58 AM   #22  
Happy Plodder

Riestrella: The Honey Diet incorporates one Carb-free day a week (by carbs, they mean starchcarbs as far as I can see, not carby veg, for example); the other days are lowish carb, 2 pieces of fruit a day, tons of veggies. The unique selling point is a couple of tsp of honey in hot water first thing in the morning, and 1-2 TBSP honey in hot water half an hour before bed. The theory behind the morning drink is that is curbs sugar cravings throughout the day; the theory behind the night-time drink is that it sets the body up for fat-burning through the night, and contributes to deep sleep. I can't comment on the fat burning yet - though my jeans are back to needing a belt again, huzzah! - but I'm certainly untroubled by sugar cravings, and I generally sleep extremely well.

The book, by Mike McInnes, is interesting but short on meal plans, so I took my first few ideas from a version of the diet in the Daily Mail. Not sure if I'm allowed to post links but "Honey Diet Daily Mail" will find it.

The author claims that honey has a positive not negative effect on T2 Diabetes, so I'm hoping to stick with it until my next HbA1c test at the beginning of December, and see if he's right!

Old 09-04-2016, 06:30 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 184/170/150

Height: 5'4

Talking

Yeah, Nightowlrn my starting weight and goal weight changed too. I just updated it with the correct info. Rosinante your name is right above mine and I am not sure if your starting weight was the same as mine so you may want to check your info.

Weekend is going well, I am not weighing myself until tomorrow morning and will only weigh myself on Monday Wednesday and Fridays from now on, I think what happens is if I weigh myself and I am gone up or not moved then I obsess of food all day which makes me hungry
terryc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 09:35 AM   #24  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Not sure how it happened, I'm going to assume that when people use tablets/phones instead of a computer the sheet can get a little messed up. I restored an earlier version of the spreadsheet from when before the shift happened, so if you recently signed up you might need to add your info again. Sorry for the inconvenience, I just wanted to make sure everyone's stats were right.
Old 09-04-2016, 09:46 AM   #25  
Happy Plodder

Thanks, terryc, for the nudge. My stats seem fine
Old 09-04-2016, 11:02 AM   #26  

Thank you. Holding myself accountable to a starting weight that is most likely less than what the weigh-in tomorrow will be..boo hoo. I knew that 168.x was a dry weight, but hope springs eternal I WILL see it again soon.
Old 09-04-2016, 10:50 PM   #27  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

munchey - Haha, love the graphic! I'm sure you're right, I'm so used to seeing about 60+ names in the sheet in the first week so it's really weird seeing less then 20! But, as long as there's a core group to keep inspiring each other then I'm sure it'll be just as fun.

Rosi - Good luck with the new plan! I hope it works for you.

Nightowl - Being accountable is very important! Remember, you have 1 week to change your Week 1 weigh in, it's not set in stone until Sunday evening
Old 09-05-2016, 09:28 AM   #28  

Thank you for maintaining this challenge. I did an extra 11 miles on the bike yesterday to do my best to see a downward number this morning. Success this week. Good luck to all today and for the coming week!
Old 09-05-2016, 01:10 PM   #29  

I'm hanging in there. Doing my best to step up my activity. Food has been good this week. I cooked up a huge spaghetti squash a couple of days ago, and I'm still eating it. I have to say it is one of my favorites with spaghetti sauce and a little ground turkey.

I'm getting back into the habit of going to the park. Went both Saturday and Sunday. Yesterday, I went to the section where they had a Civil War Reenactment. It probably wasn't the best timing for my dog, Becca, but they had their little war with cannon fire, while I was there.

I got a couple of interesting pictures. Boy, they were really loading up those cannons and it was loud, with a lot of smoke. Poor Becca. Overall, it probably wasn't as bad as all the illegal fireworks over my house during the 4th of July.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and continue on to a good week!

Munchey

WOW! Even the squirrels had muskets

Old 09-05-2016, 01:58 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 178.8/175.8/145.8

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone! I'm new to this site, and found this Halloween Challenge, which looks like a lot of fun, so do you mind if I join you?
I entered my weight and goal weight, which I assume is to be my goal for the end of this challenge? Or should I enter my end all be all goal?? Either way, I'll be happy to get to that number!
Today is my second day on my diet...I'm doing the "Insulin Resistance Diet", which was written a million years ago, and by someone with a somewhat questionable medical practice, but regardless of the author's medical ethics, her ideas seem to make sense to me, and on day 2 I feel really good!

I'm so new to this site, I've yet to post anything on my profile page, so hopefully I'll get to that this week.

Great job on everyone's weight loss. I look forward to these next 8 weeks!
Mimi35 is offline   Reply With Quote