Old 07-13-2016, 11:00 AM   #181  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Hello Ladies!

Thanks for the welcome, lovemylife! Yesterday was my day off and I ended up spending a good deal of it at the ER with my mother-in-law. Thankfully, she is fine. I did, however, forget to put my fitbit on at any point during the day, so did not capture ANY steps whatsoever. Grrrrrrr.

Have a great day Everyone!
LurchMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 11:29 AM   #182  
Fishing for a plan!

Good Morning!

Yesterday: 13,549 steps

I went for a short walk before work.

Have a great day and stay cool if you can!
Old 07-14-2016, 05:12 PM   #183  

Hello all! Steps yesterday were 7,383. Definitely need to add a walk at lunch to get my 10k steps since I'm not getting them when I pedal part of my commute!

LM - Glad your MIL is fine. Even without the fitbit to capture them, you know you got some steps. Great job on the steps yesterday.

Trina - Hope you had a great staycation and that coming back to work this week wasn't too difficult. Yes, Coal and I have been taking shorter walks in this heat, and I try to stay on the shady routes!

Dee - How's it going? Has it cooled off at all for you?

TTFN!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 07:21 PM   #184  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

He everybody
Thankfully Friday our temps are going back to the 70's My steps were low on Tuesday 5,887 steps, I had a 1" blister on the bottom/soul of my foot & yesterday it popped & was a big painful raw ouch to walk 5,659 steps hobbling with a bandage on it. Tomorrow we're repeating our garage sale so I'll be sitting half the day checking out customers.

April your steps are fantastic 13,549 I'm happy for you & Dh that your MIL is okay.

Trina, I'm happy that you are back again. We've missed you.

Laura, your steps are still good at 7,383 especially when you are pedaling your bike. What did your pedometer & phone app say? Are they comparable? What if you had 1 hand hanging off your bike handlebar when you ride & compare it using both hands on

I'll be back to check in on Saturday
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 09:19 AM   #185  

Good morning all. Happy Friday!

Dee - I hope your garage sale goes well for you. Ouch re the blister!

My pedometer steps yesterday were 7,447. Steps per S Health were 3,426. I guess if I really want to have a good comparison I will need to carry my phone with me everywhere I walk. Dee, I wear the pedometer in my pocket or clipped to it, so cycling isn't going to register.

Yesterday I had a business lunch, but today I'll get ouy at lunch for a walk because the weather is beautiful.

Everyone have a great weekend & get some steps!

Last edited by Laura705; 07-15-2016 at 09:20 AM.
Old 07-16-2016, 01:19 AM   #186  
Fishing for a plan!

Hello Steppers!

Thurs 12,216 steps. Fri 12,899 steps. Running a fever today. Stupid summer cold!

Have a great weekend!
Old 07-19-2016, 09:20 AM   #187  

Morning all.

April, great job on your steps - so you're able to get a lot of them on the job? Nice! I have a desk job, so not many steps without conscious effort.

Pedometer steps were:
Friday - 6,604
Saturday - 7,787
Sunday- 6,397
Monday - 6,444

Not hitting 10k steps/day without the 2 commuting portions in which I walk between home & the train station. Oh well, I can try to get more steps at lunch, but not when it's so hot and humid like this!

Have a good day everyone.

Last edited by Laura705; 07-19-2016 at 09:21 AM.
Old 07-19-2016, 10:37 AM   #188  
Sandee

Hey there Chicks I hope that you'all are having a good week I padded my foot ouchie with cotton & gauze to do our garage sale. I'm happy with my steps:
Thursday = 8,781
Friday = 9,479
Saturday = 7,345
Sunday = 7,832
Monday = 10,267 Sunday a friend Susie C. invited me to join her & 8 others in the Fitbit WorkWeek Hustle, so mentally I guess I'm trying to accomplish at least 9,000 daily steps this week, because I don't have a job to go to daily now. I'm #5 on the chart with my steps some friends are doing 15,000 steps WoW. I think the only way I could do that many steps is at a big amusement park. I'll update you'all where I'm at on Susie's Fitbit challenge chart. I hope to remain in the middle

April I'm sorry about your fever with your summer cold. I've never had that happen to me, I just have allergies to pollen, weeds, etc during the summer. Your steps are awesome

Hi Laura, I completely agree with you about this weather draining our energy outdoors. I feel bad for ppl with jobs outdoors in the high humidity. Your steps are wonderful & very average for these temps. Does air conditioning in the summer affect your asthma? I hope your breathing is fine this summer

Have a fun & safe week everyone. It seems like ppl are crazier in the summer temps & don't have any patience, especially with road rage drivers
Old 07-21-2016, 12:08 PM   #189  
Fishing for a plan!

Greetings O Fellow Aspirants to Stepping Excellence:

I've been in KY for a few days. Returned just in time to get ready and run out the door to work yesterday. steps Tues 13,307. steps Weds 13,890. My goal is 14,000 per day. My fitbit doesn't sync while I'm in KY d/t no WIFI connectivity and data roaming blah blah blah. I had no idea how close I was to 14,000! dang it. I can usually get close to 10,000 at work, but accumulating 14,000 takes extra effort....

Dee: Good luck with the Work Week Hustle. That can be fun! Hope your blister doesn't slow you down and that your weather is kinder than ours!

Laura: I try to get 10,000 steps when I'm off work. That is challenging! So I understand what you mean about the conscious effort required when a strenuous job isn't factored in to the equation!

Have a great day everyone!

April
Old 07-21-2016, 05:16 PM   #190  

Afternoon all.

Steps:
Tuesday - 6,208
Wednesday - 6,612

So those are my paltry steps. And according to my pedometer, I'm not getting many (if any) aerobic steps. I guess I'll have to look at the user manual to see what I need to do to get some aerobic steps.

Today is really humid and I'm happy to have gotten a ride to the train station this morning.

April - Hope you had a good trip to KY. You did great on the steps!! Way to go!

Dee - Glad the blister didn't stop you from doing well on your steps. Hope the challenge motivates you to achieve Stepping Excellence (as April calls it, lol).

Trina - Hope all is well with you. I don't imagine you and Hazel are doing any long walks in this hot weather we've been having.

Have a great evening everyone!
Old 07-22-2016, 11:38 AM   #191  
Fishing for a plan!

Hello Everyone!

It seems I left my fitbit charger and my Nook charger in KY! AARGH! I have a charger that went to my old fitbit one that would no longer hold a charge and had to be replaced. I'm afraid to use the charger in case there is something wrong with it which caused the previous fitbit battery to become kaput. I have and old Zip around here somewhere that takes the coin type battery, but I'd have to find it and find the correct battery and then sync it to my existing account only to un-sync it when I get my charger back. SIGH. Any thoughts on whether it would be safe to try and use the old charger? I don't know much about electronics.

April
Old 07-23-2016, 10:02 AM   #192  

Good morning, and thank you!
I just found this thread and am excited. I have a Garmin Vivofit 2, and I have recently really started paying attention to it!
Yesterday's stats:
Steps - 10,086
Calories burned - 2045
Distance - 4.35 mi
NannaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 02:55 PM   #193  
Sandee

Hi everyone, I hope that you'all are being safe & comfy in these hot temps I haven't been able to be outdoors & walk because our heat index has been over 100* So here are my steps since my last post:
Tuesday = 7,766
Wednesday = 7,033
Thursday = 8,697
Friday = 6,129 Too much humidity....

NannaAnnie We are very Happy to meet you I'm also a Grammy to 4; ages 5, 10, 12 & 15 years old. Your steps are fantastic I have a knee problem from a older injury that gets painful, so I lowered my 'summer daily steps goal' to 7,300 & anything higher is a Wonderful Bonus for me during these high temperatures. The people who post here are kind & supportive.

Oh April, I'm so sorry about you misplacing your charger. I bought a spare charger for my Fitbit on Amazon for about half the price, of buying it at the Fitbit store Do you have anyone who has the same connection to charge yours to borrow? My Fitbit Charge has the same as my Android phone has so I have a wonderful spare now for both my cell phone & that Fitbit (my hubby now uses my Fitbit Charge with his Fitbit account). When I bought my new Fitbit Alta for Mother's Day the charger was completely different so I bought the extra charger on Amazon to keep a spare in my car. Good Luck! Your steps are always fantastic Probably the only way I could walk as many steps as you do daily is if I was at a amusement park all day

Hi Laura, I feel so bad about Coal's health & especially during our hot temps. I wonder what his doggy brain is thinking now that he can't be as active any longer. I wish that we lived in the same state so I could bring my g-doodles to visit him. Does he have any doggies to have a play date with to cheer him up? Stop saying your steps are bad, because aLL steps above 5,000 are good because they show that we Care about our health

What gets me sad is when I see a person in a 'motorized wheel chair' that weighs more than 300 pounds, without a disability causing them to be unable to use their hands. It makes me sad that some people may have given up on their independent life & being dependent to survive. I want them to wheel that chair themselves to at least use their arms & hand muscle mass to be strong enough to lift themselves up & have the energy to enjoy their life.
The United States medical community needs to change & recognize that obesity is just as dangerous as other chronic diseases are & addictions are. I wish that doctors would commit themselves to helping patients weighing over 200 pounds to have a healthier body & lifestyle, instead of ordering a patient a motorized wheel chair, often carrying a oxygen tank. I don't want anyone to die from a obesity related condition. My niece was diagnosed with diabetes 6 yrs ago & was told if her weight dropped below 180 pounds she could avoid insulin injections. She did it & she is healthier at 41 years old from eating healthy foods now, than when in her 20's weighing 165 pounds. But it was her fear of insulin needles that made her stop eating unhealthy food, her body size at 219 didn't bother her, she wore nice clothes & a husband that accepted her size... She checks her levels daily & still doesn't need insulin

Hey Trina, We miss you when you aren't here. PLease stop by & tell us what's happening in your life My Dh's factory employer just put his employees on 32 hour work weeks for 6 weeks, ouch with paying our bills. I sincerely hope that your company near Detroit is maintaining their employees hours instead of cutting them back. A winning million dollar lottery ticket would be a very Welcome surprise this summer for our entire family; our son with our 4 g-babes works at the same factory School clothes, etc shopping begins in 4 weeks for them.... Share my with your family from me

Time to get busy now Dee
Old 07-23-2016, 06:08 PM   #194  

Evening all. Typed a post here yesterday, but it seems to have disappeared. just my steps & comment to April that I don't know if you should use that old charger if u think it may have caused your old fitbit to go kaput. Better safe than sorry?

Welcome NannaAnnie! Great job on the steps! What can your Garmin do besides count steps? I lost my fitbit flex a few weeks ago. Right now I'm using my Omron pedometer and I'm alright with that for now.

Dee - Good job on your steps in spite of the heat, humidity & knee problems. How did the fitbit challenge go this past week?? Coal has had a very good life with us and we have been and are blessed to have him with us still. He turns 13.5 years old on Aug. 15 - a nice long life. He's adjusted well to his limitations, though he'd still keep going further on his daily walks if we let him! He sees other doggies on his walks, but no dog park or play dates - it's not good for him when he stumbles and goes down on his weak hips/rear legs. There's a sweet pup down the block that he likes & she likes him, but she can be a bit too lively for Coal! His walks in this suffocating humid weather are very short! How about your doggies - do they cope well in this weather? Thanks for pointing out that my steps aren't bad. I also have to remind myself that the cycling I do (pedaling, not coasting!! :lol) is also good activity even if I don't get the steps to show for it!

My steps:
Thursday - 6,129
Friday - 6,076

Guess this is the new norm for me while I ride my bike for part of my commute, and when I'm not getting lunchtime walks.

Okay, everyone enjoy the rest if your weekend.

Last edited by Laura705; 07-26-2016 at 07:39 PM.
Old 07-24-2016, 12:30 PM   #195  
Fishing for a plan!

Hello Ladies!

NannaAnnie: WELCOME! I'm new here myself, but everyone here seems warm and supportive! Great stepping!

Laura: I took a chance and used my old charger and it seems to have done the trick. I didn't see your post until afterward. I'm so sorry about your dog. My old dog, Phoenix, died Feb 18th. She was 15 1/2. She laid down in the back hallway, next to the kitchen where I was cooking breakfast, and let out the most mournful, chilling sound I've ever heard in my life, and died right then. I kept asking my husband about that wail. She had eaten breakfast as normal, snuggled with our other dogs, walked around without apparent discomfort, and then that wail of such seeming despair. It was haunting. Then, at a little before three the next morning, we received a phone call that my 27 year old stepson had been killed in an automobile accident. He had passed away the same day, but we weren't notified until after midnight. It was almost as if Phoenix was warning us when she died. There are so many things in this world that are truly beyond our understanding. I think everything is connected in ways we just cannot grasp.

Dee: I have taken care of many patients over the years who are suffering from the effects of obesity related conditions. And, even worse, people who have had gastric bypass surgery. I have yet to see anyone who didn't have complications. Many patients gain back the weight but have impaired absorption of nutrients. I have even seen deaths. I agree, we must keep moving at all costs!

This is my weekend to work, so I'd best get going!

Happy Sunday to the rest of you,

April